Legare Waring House Reviews

42 Reviews for Legare Waring House

1 User photo

Legare Waring House 1

Laura · Married on 10/26/2012

This was the first venue we looked at, and basically the last. Once I saw the 'avenue of the oaks' I was hooked. That is how I always visualized getting married...outside in a place that looks like that! I love that Charlestowne Landing is a park and that the proceeds go towards keeping it that way. It's a BEAUTIFUL area to get married, from the start of driving into Charlestowne Landing, then following the road back into Legare Waring House. It's just beautiful and perfect and secluded. I know I am biased, but I think it is the prettiest site to have a wedding in Charleston. It's also reasonably priced for how gorgeous it is. Another plus is that you have the site from 9:30 on and there are several huge bridal suites to get ready in, along with a man-cave in the house for the guys. Julie Ann and Gabby were so great to work with too. The whole planning process was as enjoyable as it could have been. This is a venue that will 'wow' your guests with the natural beauty of it. I LOVE this place!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Carlie · Married on 04/29/2012

The Legare Waring House cannot be described in words you must see it with your own eyes to be able to comprehend the full beauty and southern charm that is displayed here. You feel as if you've stepped into another world for a moment in time! The huge oak trees cascading with Spanish moss and the Lagoon and fountains and the avenue of oaks is nothing less than charming and breadthtaking and offers the perfect setting for your perfect moment in time! We will forever go back here to remember where we made our vows to one another! Perfect setting and perfect experience!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Shea · Married on 04/13/2012

I had my wedding at Legare and it was the most beautiful venue imaginable. My husband and I toured a lot of different locations in Charleston and we ultimately picked Legare because it is breathtaking but also because Julie Ann was amazing. She was so warm and helpful during the tour. We live in Chicago and didn't return to Charleston at all between the time we visited to pick a venue and the wedding. Julie Ann and her team were really accessible and helpful throughout the planning process. I loved working with them and would highly recommend this as a wedding venue. Our guests said they felt like they were in a movie because the natural scenery is so gorgeous. We had the ceremony in the avenue of oaks and then had cocktail hour by the pond. We put the band and tent in the area by the fountain. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 04/27/2012

Anna · Married on 04/01/2012

Fabulous! If you want southern charm and grace look no further. Not only will you get fantastic shots outside but you have tons of choices for where you'd like your ceremony to be and how you'd like to set up your reception. The house is beautiful and has plenty of room for your bridal party and the groomsmen to get ready. It's the perfect fit!

Sent on 04/09/2012

Jodi · Married on 03/31/2012

Legare is honestly one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen. We got married in front of the pond with the big tree as our backdrop. The pictures of the ceremony are absolutely stunning. We put up the tent under the avenue of oaks and you really just feel completely removed and disconnected from everything else, and got a beautiful view of the house from under the trees. Even our guy friends were commenting that they felt like they were in a fantasy land. Everyone was super nice and helpful, and everything was truly beautiful. Thank you!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Vanessa · Married on 10/07/2011

Legare Waring House is an absolute GORGEOUS place to get married! As soon as I saw the venue I knew tis is where I wanted to get married!! They were wonderful to work with and truly made my day complete!! LOVE this place!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Courtney · Married on 09/10/2011

I love Legare Waring House! Not only is the venue beautiful but it's located very close to downtown Charleston. Julie was very help for us as well and extremely friendly. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/04/2012

Blair · Married on 10/23/2010

We had an October wedding at Legare Waring House and it turned out beautifully! The whole house grounds is so pretty and has lots of southern charm. Julie-Ann was our contact at the house and she was so great to work with! She would help us with anything we needed throughout the whole wedding process. The whole wedding was outside in such a beautiful location! Book early - they fill up fast!

Sent on 12/11/2010

Nicole · Married on 06/21/2015

To be quite honest, Legare Waring House wasn't my first choice of our destination wedding. I had my eyes on the Carriage House at the Magnolia Plantation at first but it was so popular that all the dates left available would not work with my schedules. Then the search continued until I saw pictures of the Legare Waring House. It had the garden theme that I was going for, plus the historic building that was truly unique. Our ceremony was at the avenue of oaks which provided the perfect backdrop and shade from the unusual scorching June weather (95F). I made a gutsy choice by not having a tent set up as I wanted alfresco style of dining and not having the house blocked. Luckily it never rained and there was enough natural shade by the time reception started.

The 4 bridal suites and 2 groom's spaces were a big plus, in addition to the on-site commercial kitchen. We did still need to rent tables, chairs, and linens. The house was air-conditioned, but not big enough to hold a full reception. A tent would most likely be the only rain plan option without changing the venue. A tented reception involving draping (even partial) could be quite costly. This was something I found out later on.

Julie Ann was experienced and well connected. She provided a list of preferred vendors that was extremely helpful for anybody planning a destination wedding. There was a personnel change but the transition did not affect any aspect of my wedding planning.

Overall, I was very happy with my venue choice. It was a dream come true :) Every guest complimented on how beautiful and amazing the venue looked. Even though it was a huge venue, we were still able to create an intimate setting for 30 guests.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Rosie · Married on 04/18/2015

Legare Waring House was a dream wedding venue. It is such a beautiful space between the house, the row of oaks, and the area next to the house by the big oak tree. We utilized it all! It's nice to have an outdoor wedding with a place for people to get away and go inside if they'd like to. The inside of the house has furniture and is decorated so cute unlike some other venues where you'd have to rent furniture for inside the house. We also loved the fact that the entire upstairs is the bridal suite and there were 2 rooms for the grooms to hang out in. Lee was amazing to work with and so helpful with everything!!! It was a little tough to get in touch with Julie Ann in the beginning to confirm things, but besides that everything went really smoothly! I could not recommend getting married here more.

Sent on 06/25/2015

lauren · Married on 11/07/2016

After searching the entire country, nearly booking in another state, and almost signing a contract with another venue in the area, we feel so incredibly lucky and blessed to have chosen Legare Waring House for our destination wedding. The alternative venue was so incredibly rude and difficult to work with, while the team at Legare was the definition of polar opposite. We booked site unseen having never been to Charleston before, and aside from the obvious beauty of the venue, the team made both us and our wedding planner feel as though they truly wanted us to celebrate our special day with them. Also, my husband truly appreciated having a groom’s quarters that made him feel like he had a special place for him and his guys to hang out. Legare Waring House will forever be not only a special place, but a true gem to help us remember the most important day of our life.

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • User4200860 · 2+ years ago

We seriously could not have picked a more beautiful venue to host our wedding! Overall, they were really flexible and nice to work with. They always got back to me within a day or two, and were super thorough in all of their answers to my questions! The only thing I would say is that I wish I'd gotten to meet or speak with the venue manager/coordinator more and that she'd done the walk-through along with us, but that's mostly a personal preference, as you will have an outside coordinator who should pretty much know all the ins and outs of the venue already! I also do wish we'd had more time to get our stuff off the property; my parents felt a bit rushed to get everything and go, and it would have been nice to have even an extra half hour for them to get organized. Not a biggie in the end, and definitely does NOT mar my opinion of this venue at all!
    The property itself is beyond words! Our pictures have turned out more incredible than I ever imagined because the house and grounds are just so perfectly well-lit. It's all very shaded, too, which was really nice for a summer wedding! We tented the patio, which was a really great option as well...all the vendors and guests appreciated some shade at the tables and dance floor :) The inside is spacious and gorgeously decorated, with plenty of upstairs room to hold your things and some lounge space while getting ready. My husband was in love with the grooms quarters. LWH was a bit pricey for us, but I think it's really money well-spent. My friend even asked if she could have her wedding there! Definitely work a look!

Sent on 07/02/2016
  • Whitnee

Whitnee · Married on 10/27/2018

3.0

Like a fairytale

We happened upon Legare Waring House when we were visiting Charleston prior to getting engaged. My husband and I absolutely fell in love with EVERYTHING about this venue, but "the avenue of the oaks" was what really solidified our decision to book. The Spanish moss hanging from the long row of trees is like something out of a fairytale. We also loved this particular site because of the perfect "dressing quarters" for both the bride/bridesmaids and the groom/groomsmen. Lastly, we loved the impression it had on our guests! I can't even count how many times we heard people gushing over how gorgeous the property was. The person that described it best said, "It's like being in a Nicholas Sparks novel!"

Sent on 11/29/2018

Legare Waring House's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Whitnee! We loved working with y'all. A beautiful couple and a beautiful wedding! We love that description!

Great venue! BEAUTIFUL! Staff at the end of the night a little rude and unhelpful, but the main Event Manager, Taylor, was great to work with!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Shelby · Married on 06/10/2017

4.2
      3.5

We chose Legare Waring House for its beautiful Spanish moss lined oak trees, quaint lagoon, and gorgeous white house. It checked off all of our boxes. The only thing we wish could have have been better was the communication between us and the Venue Coordinator. There were times when we tried to get in touch with her only to hear nothing back. We had to reach out to another contact at Legare Waring to get some questions answered after a couple weeks of no response. Also, they required a mandatory venue walkthrough no later than 2 weeks before the wedding and the coordinator was not there for our scheduled time. There was another representative there, thankfully, who was able to perform the walkthrough with us. Nothing else comes with the venue, only the house and setting. You will need to hire a number of other vendors, which we had no problem with, as we wanted to make the decor our own. All in all, it was a fantastic place to get married!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Ray Ruggiere · Married on 07/20/2019

wedding 7/20/19

venue and wedding was beautiful however entrance to hose 3 brick steps has no railing my husband and i both fell suggest u put railing for futuure guests

Sent on 07/27/2019

Legare Waring House's reply:

We are so glad to hear the wedding was great We are so sorry to hear you and your husband fell. Our railing for these stairs is located on the house on the left side of the front door.