Leah Moyers Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Taylor Getting married on 10/22/2022
    Leah captured our day beautifully. I could not have picked a better photographer for the job! She is passionate, kind and is extremely talented. She went above and beyond in my book, even coming the day before to check the venue out and was extremely responsive. I highly recommend her! You will not be disappointed.
    Amanda B. Getting married on 05/06/2022

Beyond Perfect!

I cannot say enough about the wonderful work Leah did for my wedding. From being so patient with my crazy work schedule waiting on me to respond to her questions to the actual photos, she was nothing short of professional! I highly recommend her to anyone who needs professional and beautiful photos for any occasion!

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Amanda, this is amazing. I’m so happy you loved working with me as much as I enjoyed working with and hanging out with you and Randall. Your wedding day was so joyful and peaceful. I am honored I got to see you get married and document all the fun!
  • Cassie
    Cassie F. Getting married on 04/09/2022

Made me feel comfortable

Leah was simply amazing! I knew I wanted to prospose to my girlfriend while we were on vacation in the smokies, so I knew I had to find a photographer near by. I did a lot of research through Google and Facebook, and that’s when I found Leah! It was really important for me that the photographer me LGBTQ+ friendly since we are a gay couple, and I knew right away when I found Leah that she was perfect! She scoped out the location and even gave me preview images of exactly where to stand, basically any of the details to me things go as smoothly as possible, and even recommendations on what time would be best with lighting and such! The quality of the images we received were amazing and we got them super quickly, as well as some preview images within 24 hours which is nice when you want to announce your new engagement. I would highly recommend Leah to anyone looking for a photographer, she made the experience so easy and pleasant, and my now fiancée didn’t suspect a thing which is exactly how I wanted it to go! :)
  • Michelle
    Michelle B. Getting married on 12/10/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

Leah photographed our wedding and our experience with her was absolutely amazing! I found Leah about 9 months before our wedding. Both my husband and I spoke with her on the phone and due to her kindness, knowledge of photography, and past work we knew she was our photographer. Leah stayed in touch throughout the months leading up to our wedding and educated herself on our interests, photography preferences, and venue layout. She visited my venue and took note of all of the special spots. Being the Bride I was very nervous the day of, however Leah did a great job calming my nerves during our first look and our private photo shoot. She provided snacks and great conversation and guidance during our shoot through the mountains. The pictures I've received are absolutely stunning, and although it was the three of us the photos are still very loving and intimate. I would recommend her to anyone that wants their special moment documented in time. Leah is definitely a special soul, and in many ways she was more than just a photographer to me that day. We for sure plan on using her in the future when we make it back to TN.

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Michelle I can’t thank you enough. It’s very humbling to read that and I appreciate you inviting me to photograph your day. It was incredibly beautiful. So great to meet and spend time with you all!
    Stephanie H. Married on 07/07/2021

Excellent!

Let me preface this by saying that we do not like having our pictures taken. We went to Tennessee for our honeymoon and I decided to research photographers in the area. I am SO glad we chose Leah.
    She listens to what you want and goes above and beyond to deliver stunning photos.
    She was on time, extremely friendly and made us feel comfortable. That alone made all the difference in our photos. We were at ease, which I didn't even think was possible.
    If we ever make it to Tennessee for an anniversary, we will quite literally book our trip around her schedule. She was that amazing. My only struggle with it all is trying to narrow down which pictures to enlarge for display.
    We highly recommend Leah!!!

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Stephanie! So happy I met you both and appreciate your amazing review. Can’t wait to work with you again!
    Daniel M. Married on 06/26/2021

Worth every penny! Fantastic experience and photos!

To start Leah is an amazing person, friend, welcoming and thoughtful. Her questionnaire helps her prepare for your music tastes when sharing a car ride, things about your personalities, how my wife an met, interests, etc... She has snacks provided (with allergies in mind on her questionnaire), good snacks. She is easy to talk to and makes the experience quite comfortable as having someone taking pictures of you and your partner can bridge comfort zones. Above all of that, she is an amazing photographer!! Her portfolio alone had us sold and the reviews, similar to mine, sealed the deal. She gives you previews usually within a couple days and then the full album with a couple months. My wife and I had surprises for each other which she accommodated and shared the emotion of. Just a great experience all around!

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Thank you! I absolutely adored meeting and working with you and Laurel for your engagement session and wedding. So much fun! I appreciate you two and your review very much!
    Kaylyn S. Married on 05/10/2021

Wonderful Photographer!

I can’t recommend Leah highly enough. She was wonderful! She photographed our intimate cabin wedding. Our group is on the quiet side, but Leah made us feel completely comfortable. My mother commented that from the moment she walked in it felt like we knew her our entire lives! Her creative eye is phenomenal, and I was so happy with the quality of shots she took. She captured really moving moments while selecting photos where everyone looked their best. We came from out of town, and Leah was very good about keeping in contact with us before our big day. Thanks Leah!

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Kaylyn, thank you. This means the world to me. I absolutely loved meeting you (and your new husband!) and your families. I was touched by how kind and respectful you spoke to each other and how much I could feel the love and support. I’m glad you had a great experience with me and appreciate the kind review. I can’t wait to share lots more soon and am thankful I was there to document!
    Amanda Married on 10/10/2020

Campbell Wedding

Leah is absolutely amazing to work with and extremely talented. She made us feel comfortable and honestly felt like family. We traveled from Michigan to Tennessee and knew nothing about the area. She helped us find our officiant and found beautiful areas to capture our perfect day.

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Alicia & Amanda! I appreciate all the kind words and I'm so glad you had as much fun as I did. Your wedding will go down in history as one my my favorites! I can't wait to share more of your wedding soon and am so happy for you two.
    Cathy W. Married on 06/14/2020

Amazing Professional Photographer!

Leah took some family photos for us in the Smoky Mountains in June. She had perfect recommendations for the best locations and time (quiet, out of the way spots without people around during times when the lighting was gorgeous.) Her pricing was competitive and we have absolutely gorgeous family photos that are nowhere near ordinary. I love her photojournalist style, that made it easy to just do our thing while she captured beautiful, authentic moments. I’d recommend Leah to anyone!

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Thank you Cathy. I really appreciate the kind review and loved working with you and your family in the Smokies! I am glad you had such a great experience and hope to work with you all again!
    Spencer A. Married on 05/16/2020

You Can Stop Looking

If you are looking for a photographer for your big day, you don't need to look any further than Leah. Whatever expectations I had were completely surpassed when Leah accompanied us on a several hours-long trek into the Smoky Mountains in the early morning where she climbed boulders and did everything she had to do to capture my surprise proposal. We didn't hesitate to ask Leah to be there for our wedding as well, and we couldn't be happier for the way she made the pictures of our day (with 5 people during a pandemic) as special as she did. Choosing Leah as your photographer will be the easiest choice you'll make during your search for wedding vendors. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Spencer I am so beyond happy I got to witness your proposal and marriage and can’t wait to document your reception next year when we can all party together. Really honored to be there for all those moments and love that you’re happy with the images and your experience!
    Ellie Married on 10/16/2019

Can't say enough nice things about her!

We loved working with Leah! We planned an elopement in the Smoky Mountains, just the two of us, and Leah was so helpful with suggestions for location, times, and things to do since we had never been to Gatlinburg. I can honestly say I don't think we would have had as much fun without her! We would have never thought to go moonshine tasting and having fun around the city, but it was her idea and it made for such a memorable day. Not to mention how pretty our pictures turned out! So much fun, and she was such a sweet person to work with. We hate getting our pictures taken and she turned something we were nervous about into an enjoyable experience we will never forget. And we got preview pictures super quick!
  • Victoria
    Victoria Married on 10/13/2019

Leah Moyers is the Most Professional, Organized, Skilled, and Kind Photographer

You will not find a more skilled photographer who makes sure you get what you want on your most special day. She is so kind and organized and skillful. We kept getting compliments all night long about her work. We received every picture we imagined. If you don’t go with Leah I can’t guarantee you’ll have the pictures you want.

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Tori, I'm so happy to hear from you and very thankful for your feedback! I loved documenting your wedding day in Alexandria and meeting your friends and family. I appreciate so much that you found me through another couple and am so happy you are treasuring your wedding photographs. Happy New Year to you and Chris!
    Casey L. Married on 10/10/2019

Highly recommend!

Leah was amazing to work with. Easy to contact and always willing to answer questions. Made me feel at ease on my wedding day so that I could enjoy the day knowing it was all being captured beautifully.
  • Kasey
    Kasey A. Married on 09/25/2019

Leah is a true artist!

Leah is the type of super friendly outgoing person you will want to be best friends with. As soon as I messaged with her I knew I wanted to book her for our engagement photos. I booked base almost entirely on her upbeat personality. I had barely looked at her work before hand but once I did I was blown away. I spent the next few days drooling over her site and by the time I met her I felt like I was meeting a rockstar. (Her site is that good!)

And once we got the preview photos (nearly immediately) we were very happy and couldn’t wait to see the rest.

She’s an extremely talented professional. Leah knows how to shoot your best angles and how to use the light to take the most beautiful photos.

Leah is a true artist and it was such a pleasure to work with her to capture this moment in our lives.

The only issue you’ll have is deciding which photos you want to print. I’m already looking for excuses to book another session.

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Kasey, thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate you all and I am so very glad you love your photos. I had an incredible time shooting and playing in Cades Cove with you and can't wait to work with you again!
    Laura N. Married on 09/24/2019

Over-exceeded our expectations

We were an out of state couple heading to the Smoky Mountains, TN for our destination wedding and Leah was absolutely incredible to work with.

She wanted to learn about us and what we wanted for our wedding day, giving us options but also taking suggestions we wanted. She keeps her social media updated so we could see all of her work - making an out-of-state bride feel very confident in the photographer we selected!

Once we met her (the day of our wedding), it was like we've known her for a long time - Leah is very down to earth and everyone attending the wedding was extremely impressed with her. She made us feel 100% comfortable in front of the camera and it was a very organic experience, not posed.

We received our photos and cried tears of joy several times as we were able to re-live our wedding day. Leah captured moments that I could only dream of her capturing - this was one of the many reasons why we selected her and we were blown away with the results. Leah was incredible to work with and we could not have asked for a better experience!

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Thank you Laura for such a thoughtful review. I appreciate couples like you so much and really loved documenting your wedding day and meeting all of you!
    Stacey Married on 09/01/2019

Leah Moyers Photography captured EVERYTHING we asked for & more!

We are beyond pleased with our experience with Leah and her images are absolutely beautiful!!! She was able to capture all the moments we found most important. She even took the time to drive us to a couple of off-sites locations, snapped some amazing photos of rambunctious flower girls, and wow the candid shots of guests dancing are just perfect! We loved everything Leah did for us. Take this from a bride who does not like taking pictures...you will not be disappointed!!

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Stacey! Your and JoAnn's wedding was a dream. Thank you for having me and thank you for the very kind review!
    Chelsea P. Married on 08/08/2019

Leah was Absolutely Amazing

We loved having Leah as our photographer! I’m terrible at planning so of course planning a wedding was a disaster but Leah made the photography aspect of the wedding a breeze! She provided us with a handful of photos within just a day! All of the photos were perfect! Thank you so much Leah!

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Chelsea, thank you for such a sweet review. It was an honor to capture you and your family. Incredible wedding day!
    Lauren L. Married on 07/04/2019

Spectacular!

Leah is amazing! She captured every detail that we didn't want to forget from our wedding day. She is personable and passionate about her work, making everyone around her comfortable! The photos were nothing short of amazing and exceeded our every expectation!

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Lauren, thank you! I am so grateful to have amazing couples like you and Cameron. I love what I do and am glad it shows. Thank you again, your wedding was such a joyful day. Loved every moment!
    Krystal D. Married on 05/25/2019

Authentic and Personable

It was important for us to have a photographer that identifies with our non-traditional style and value for authenticity. Leah hit this mark perfectly for us. We never felt judged or uncomfortable with her and she really helped us feel like we should just be ourselves. Our photos turned out amazing, she captured emotions and actions from everyone--a great way to remember the day.

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Thank you Krystal for such a thoughtful review! I'm so happy you had such a good experience. Your intimate destination wedding was a perfect day and focused on what really matters. I loved being a part of it, thank you both again and congratulations!
    Tesha Married on 05/11/2019

Leah is awesome!

Leah was the best! We fell in love with her photography style after finding her on social media. She captured so many special, candid moments during the big day. She was super sweet and easy to be around, everyone enjoyed her. The pricing was right, and the photos arrived just in time. I would absolutely recommend her to my family and friends!

Leah Moyers Photography's reply:

Thank you Tesha! I loved documenting your and Hunter's wedding day. A camp wedding was brilliant and I absolutely loved meeting you two and your friends and family!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 05/02/2019

AFFORDABLE, flexible, fun and talented!!!

I don't write many reviews but Leah deserves this one. My husband and I hired Leah to do a couples session our our trip to the TN Smoky Mountains in October 2020. Emailed her, she responded quickly! Based on other reviews and seeing her photos on other platforms such as her website, Instagram, Facebook, etc., we knew we wanted her to capture our memories in the smokies. You will NOT be disappointed or feel awkward with Leah. She is so much fun and knows what she's doing! She felt like a friend I knew forever! She was patient and flexible as my husband and I had to reschedule twice while we were there. While doing our photos, she even suggested going to an additional location to get some great shots of the creek (at no additional cost for time or travel). She is so very personable, has tons of talent and years under her belt as a professional photographer. Her prices are very fair and she is truly an honest, fun, NORMAL human being. We laughed so much during our shoot and can't wait to see her wonderful work! Thanks again Leah for being so outgoing, personable and patient with us. We will definitely use Leah again when we want beautiful photos when we're back in that neck of the woods!!!
    Becky Married on 10/13/2018

Absolute Amazing!

Words can't describe how amazing it was to work with Leah. In searching for a photographer, we kept coming back to her portfolio because we loved how she incorporated the surroundings into photos. We didn't just want "look at that couple!" but "look at that amazing photo!" too. She did not disappoint. Her communication was always prompt, professional, and put any concerns I had at ease. By the time our wedding day arrived, she already felt like family. We had an absolute blast with our first look photos and she caught everything imaginable at the ceremony and reception. We've already received our sneak peek photos and they are everything we had hoped and more. Our wedding guests couldn't stop talking about them. We look forward to working with her for all of our professional photo needs. Thank you for everything, Leah
    Jenny Married on 09/01/2018
    Leah was everything that I hoped for and then so much more! She made our experience feel natural and stress free and the pictures were so perfect.
  • Marlena
    Marlena Married on 06/20/2018
    It was such a joy getting to work with Leah. She was careful to learn exactly what I wanted with my photos, and she truly delivered. She did a fantastic job sticking to the timeline, and she was able to get so many shots for us in a short span of time before our ceremony. She also made sure to help me with my dress to keep it out of the dirt. I really like candid photos, and she did an incredible job capturing those moments without feeling like you were being photographed. Leah is a fantastic photographer, and I would love to work with her again one day.