LCI Caterers Reviews

1 User photo

• Sandy

Sandy M. · Married on 04/17/2021

Mother of the Groom

While Covid dampened my sons original wedding a year ago, LCI came to us through the Queens Botanical Gardens. With less than a month to plan, Susanne came to the rescue! From our first email to the day of the reception, we were greeted with smiles, delicious food and no matter how many questions we asked, they were ready to help. Thank you Joe and all who helped, in making it easy and delicious. Mevorah/Jackson Families

Sent on 04/29/2021

Cj O · Married on 10/02/2020

Outdoor Garden Wedding

LCI Catering exceeded expectations in the service they provided. They arrived early for setup and were kind to all of the guests. Due to gathering restrictions and safety we opted for a happy hour versus a full reception. The food options were delicious. No one left hungry and are guests were all satisfied. Even the food tasting exceeded expectations. True professionalism when you use LCI catering.

Sent on 11/11/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 01/18/2020

Good quality

Food is so delicious. The taste, flavor and quality is excellent!

Sent on 01/31/2019
  • Bianca

Bianca · Married on 11/02/2019

Best Investment Ever!

Where do I even start with Joe and his team...They are absolutely hands on with EVERYTHING. We hosted a buffet style served dinner for our guests who til this day can’t stop talking about how delicious everything was. We’re a mixed family of Puerto Rican’s and Dominicans’, so to us it was imperative to have Spanish food served on the day of our wedding. To have Joe tell us he could deliver the best “Maduros” (sweet plantains) was a relief. Everything tasted as if my mom would’ve made it at home. The food was piping hot, fresh and in abundance. Not only was our dinner everything we wanted and more, to top it off, we had a full blown desert bar equipped a spread of fresh fruits, a wide selection of Italian cookies and cannolis’ (which were my mother’s favorite part) lol He and his staff were such a pleasure to work with especially during the planning process as my family and I had received news that my father had been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, just a few months before our wedding. They made every interaction after that much more than just business. They made it almost like a break a way from the stress and helped me get this done just as we planned it. I’d recommend them in a heart beat because they’re so much more than just amazing food and service. They’re a whole lot of heart.

Sent on 01/16/2020
  • Kate

Kate R. · Married on 10/12/2019

Trust this excellent caterer with experience

Joe and the LCI Team bring years of experience catering and serving events in NYC, and it shows. For a bride and groom planning a large wedding for the first time, some of the details, options, and questions can seem overwhelming. Joe and Susanne, and their entire staff, always provided us all of the information and answers we needed -- and none that we didn't. Their options allow you to pick the menu that is right for your guests, and they are straightforward in their pricing and approach, focusing on the food and the service always. On the topic of food, our guests are still raving about the delicious bites from our wedding. Joe took special care to listen to our interests, likes and dislikes, and heritage, incorporating every little detail into our night (including perogies for my husband's Polish relatives!). He was always careful to remind us it was our preference that mattered. I loved working with the LCI team and highly recommend them if you are considering it!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Alejandro

Alejandro · Married on 09/14/2019

Above and Beyond Expectations

My wife and I could not be happier with the quality of service provided by Joe, Susanne and the rest of the LCI team. The food was delicious and everyone who attended our wedding could not stop raving about how good it was. They even went as far as saying they have never attended a wedding in which the food was delicious. Joe took his time with us when he invited us for a tasting and made recommendations to transform our menu from traditional to a different ordinary menu which you do not typically see at weddings. If we are ever in a situation in which we need to cater to a large group of people again I will not hesitate to call LCI to hire them for their services. They went above and beyond what was expected from them. Thank you very much JOE AND Co.

Sent on 12/19/2019

N · Married on 08/31/2019

Awesome experience

Our wedding was on August 31st and we could not have been happier with Joe and his crew. All of the food tasted great, the communication was on point, and the delivery of everything just wonderful. I loved every minute of our wedding and was thankful for every signature drink and the fact that they packed leftovers for us. Staff was efficient and polite. If anything went wrong we didn’t know, haha. Go with Joe!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Margie

Margie · Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful team

LCI was wonderful! Joe was super cool to work with and the food was delicious!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Nic · Married on 07/19/2019

The best caterer ever

Joe and his team were phenomenal! I had so many questions and not only were they answered, I got recommendations that saved me financially. They really treat you like family and the food - THE FOOD - is to die for. Joe really knows what goes together to please the pallet of very picky guests. My mom was light headed before walking me down the aisle so someone from the team personally brought her hors d'oeuvres to make her feel better. My next big event will HAVE TO be catered by Joe/LCI.

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Ann

Ann A. · Married on 06/30/2019

Excellent Service and Amazing food!

Joe and the staff at LCI Caterers were wonderful to work with from start to finish. Joe helped us create a menu our guests would love by providing us with a food tasting and making great recommendations. (Tip- attend the food tasting on an empty stomach... you’ll want to taste everything!) out menu was a mic of both American and Latin dishes....Joe reassured me that the latin dishes would taste authentic and he was right! Joe and his staff were available by email/phone and always responded quickly. After our wedding, the guests raved about the food! All the servers were so friendly and the food was delicious! Special shout out to our personal server Lisa... she was so sweet and  attentive with us throughout the evening. The bartenders were also engaging and friendly. The evening flowed nicely and everything was perfect. We highly recommend LCI Caterers and hope to use them again in the future.

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • A.

Alyssa · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Wedding Catering!

Joe and his team were absolutely fantastic! Joe was open to communication/phone calls/emails and always made us feel like we could call him with any changes or concerns. We knew we were going to hire him once we had our food tasting. It was so impressive as Joe always adds his own twists to popular foods. Everything was fresh. Joe’s team nailed our signature drinks and made them absolutely perfect. Our guests kept raving about how delicious the food was. Joe and his team worked extremely hard to make sure that we were happy with our meals and that the guests loved it as well. Excellent job and will definitely recommend in the future!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Anastasia

Anastasia B. · Married on 01/25/2019

Amazing Food, Amazing Service!!

Our Healthy Path Foundation event standards are food needs to be healthy, but taste good which many caterers have trouble with...and of course use a mix of organic, non-GMO and local ingredients. They checked all the boxes and this is the second year we used them and the compliments just keep on rolling on. Thanks as always...and you be hearing from us again next year!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Deena · Married on 12/31/2018

LCI Review!

Joe went above and beyond with my wedding this past NYE! He was extremely helpful and easy to work with. Joe genuinely cares about his clients. He accommodated any changes I needed to make and advised me with the planning process which made my menu perfect. The food stations were a hit with my guests and everyone raved about the passed Hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour! I would highly recommend LCI Catering for your next event!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Patrick J. · Married on 11/02/2018

5th year Anniversary

Joe & his staff @ LCI caterers did an excellent job catering fantastic food & beautifully setting up for us - Friends & Family are still talking about my anniversary event & I’m glad we chose LCI for food services., will definitely hire them again!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Katherine · Married on 10/06/2018

Great service at a great price!

LCI caterers did an amazing job! Joe is super responsive and their prices are very reasonable. Though I didn't ask him to provide wine, he ran out mid reception to buy more white after we ran out! Staff was amazing - highly recommend!

Sent on 02/09/2019
  • Celeste

Celeste R. · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing food, service and value for money! & Joe is a darling

Joseph is a Godsend. I am from a foreign country and my husband is American, so having to go through the wedding process twice, in two different countries, was not only daunting but also weighed heavily on our pockets. We decided on our wedding venue first, and Joe's company was listed as one of the preferred caterers that the venue enjoys working with. I was happy and wary at the same time with how pocket-friendly Joe's services were compared to other wedding caterers. But after reading all the shining reviews the company has on various sites, we decided to give Joe a call. Joe was so friendly and easy to talk to over the phone, and very very knowledgeable and experienced. We instantly knew that we were in good hands. To be really honest, I was still nervous even after finalizing the menu as my parents were traditional and very picky eaters, but it turned out that I did not have to worry at all. Everyone enjoyed the food immensely, and Joe's staff was incredibly nice and helpful, even Joe himself was there to make sure everything ran extra smoothly. We owe him and his team a giant thank-you for such an amazing night. Definitely highly recommended!

Sent on 01/28/2019
  • Heidy

Heidy · Married on 09/14/2018

If you want a caterer that does more than you could ever hope for… Please hire Joe

My now husband and I were looking for a good caterer that would please our picky parents, appeal to both our cultures (My husband is Mexican and I am Dominican) as well as our American co-workers and friends. We looked at several caterers but when we met with Joe we knew he was the one! The tasting was everything we wanted and more and Joe seemed super knowledgeable and had experience with our venue (26 Bridge) everything we could want…. He helped take our vision and create a menu that was beyond all our expectations including ALL our favorite things!! And kept us within our budget which we both thought would be impossible to do, but it’s Joe so of course he makes it happen. Joe is an amazing caterer but he was so much more than that for us! Joe was always available to me over the phone or via email no matter the time and no matter how anxious I got (and trust me I am a worrier!) he always had a solution!! Joe even spoke to me on his way to his vacation because we were a month away from our wedding and he wanted to make sure I was okay with the menu. Joe was able to fix problems that even my coordinator said “there is nothing you can do”… Joe would come in and say “we can fix that!” Two days before the wedding our bartenders canceled on us!!! One call to Joe and problem fixed!! We needed more tables last minute… Joe fixed that! AND THE FOOD!!! DELICIOUS!!! All our guests raved and complimented us on the food and everyone left full and happy; and remember this our picky family and everyone was happy!! …. Everything that my hubby and I wanted for our special day. But Joe’s amazingness does not end there, after the wedding Joe heard that with all the running around we did not get to taste everything, and he offered to cook for us so that we could taste what we had missed at the wedding …. WHO DOES THAT? JOE DOES!!!

If you want a vendor that goes above and beyond that does not stop at just food… and truly cares about the success of your big day please please please pick Joe! No one else will do!!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

A few years ago, I hired LCI Caterers to cater the food at my 30th birthday party. Joe developed a menu to fit my unusual theme and my guests loved everything.

Fast forward a year later - I'm now engaged and planning my wedding. We chose the Museum of the Moving Image as our wedding venue - which does not have a kitchen on site and strict rules that must be followed. I was not impressed by the caterers they recommended. I immediately called Joe and was put at ease. He had catered events there in the past and was very familiar with their policies.

I did not want to present my guests with a typical sit-down menu of three dinner options. Joe created 5 unique stations for 150 people - all of which were beautifully presented. His amazing staff made pasta in a cheese wheel and served miniature pot pies. Joe knew that my husband's family was from Brazil, thus he presented them with a fabulous mixed grill. My guests are still inquiring about the pulled pork from the southern comfort station!

Joe's laid back personality always put this nervous bride at ease. Whether I anxiously called him with questions or presented him with a 10 page email of rentals, he was always so patient and helpful. On the day of the wedding, his staff was extremely professional, helpful and friendly.

On the day of the wedding, his staff was extremely professional and friendly. I truly applaud them for working so effortlessly in the heat with smiles on their faces (the AC went out in our venue) and for preparing the venue with so little time. They also made sure this bride was well fed throughout the chaos of the day. Food is the biggest contender at any event - Joe knows people and good food I will definitely be calling LCI Caterers again for any/all of my future events. I cannot thank them enough for all they contributed to a day I will never forget.

Sent on 06/25/2018
  • I

Itzel · Married on 03/24/2018

There aren't enough praises I can give to really exemplify how amazing Joe and his LCI caterers are--especially after reading these reviews, it's clear this was not a one-time deal, they are just top-notch! In searching for a caterer for our wedding, I came across his company as I was specifically looking up food stations. It seemed like he could do exactly what we wanted (which could seem very random since my husband and I are both foodies) but he was also willing to give so many suggestions. His menu is SOOO flexible, if you want anything different from what is listed, all you have to do is ask him. Not that I can pick JUST ONE impressive thing about Joe, but I have to say the way he took our idea of Mexican jello. He made each layer had a wonderful surprise and the presentation was enticing, but then again he did this for everything, people are still raving about the food. Joe and his crew was worth every single penny we spent; they made sure that EVERYTHING was taken care of and Joe, personally, made sure we were fed and treated right--he's the best! And we are already fantasizing about when we use LCI again!!

Sent on 03/28/2018
  • Ella

Ella · Married on 09/17/2017

Joe and LCI catered our wedding this past weekend, and we could not be happier. From the get-go, Joe's focus on great-tasting food let us know that we were in the right hands. He provided a free tasting with an amazing variety of delicious foods for us to choose from. After listening to what we wanted for the event, Joe craft a menu that fit our budget, arranged for rentals, and dealt with every other last minute crisis that we generated. He was very responsive in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and gave us peace of mind that all the details were being well taken care of. On the day, Joe made sure that everything went off without a hitch and the food was fantastic. We got rave reviews from our guests, and Joe even had a couple of staff members chasing us around with plates to make sure we got to try all the goodness. We were sent home with some delicious leftovers, and our only regret is that they're all gone!

Sent on 09/23/2017
  • I

Irene · Married on 07/08/2017

Joe and his team were AMAZING!!! First off we came to LCI for a food tasting. He takes us right into the kitchen and he has multiple pans of food on the stove for us to try - we were in awe. We decided to do family style and he worked with us to make sure the food was appropriate and well rounded. On the day of the wedding the food tasted even better! It was hot, and full of flavor. His team was great in helping out myself and my husband as well as our guests. Joe was organized, flexible and calm (even when we were not!) We were beyond pleased and would recommend Joe to anyone!!!!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Steven · Married on 04/29/2017

Joe and the LCI team catered our wedding reception in April 2017. They did an exceptional job!!

From the first time meeting Joe, he treats you like family. He is always available to answer questions and man can he cook. When we went to speak to him the second time to pick dishes for our event and book a tasting, Joe went straight to the kitchen and cooked us some great samples with whatever he had lying around. The samples were so great we had to add them to our menu and it was a good thing we did too because our guests loved all the food. Especially the lasagna, pepper steak and LCI Special Mash Potato were incredible. After the tasting and picking all our dishes I started getting a little nervous about the cost, but Joe’s pricing is unbelievable and unbeatable.

Joe’s team at the reception were phenomenal!! They went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly even with all the obstacles that occurred with my venue. They helped me with setting up the wedding cake and cake cutting with no problems even though that was not their responsibility. With all the running around, it was a pleasure to get back to our table and they had our food was waiting for us (including appetizers which were served during cocktail hour). They even came back to us repeatedly to see if we needed or wanted anything else. At the end of the night, they packed up the left overs and had it ready for us to take home. I can’t say enough good things about Joe’s team. They really do go all the way to make sure everything is perfect.

My wife and I were so happy with how everything turn out at our event. Thank again to Joe and his team.

Sent on 05/02/2017

Jeanine · Married on 11/25/2016

Wunderful food!! The best of the best!!!

Sent on 03/11/2017

Jaymee · Married on 09/10/2016

Joe has been amazing to deal with, our event is next year but he has been very flexible with our needs and timeline. We did our taste test last night and it was amazing, the food is delightful and we enjoy Joe's sense of humor :-)

Sent on 12/11/2015

Anna · event on: 06/29/2014

Joe and his staff made our outdoor Birthday/Graduation BBQ a memorable one. I have a picky Italian family and EVERYONE loved the food! Everything was fresh, tasty and plentiful!

Sent on 05/14/2015