45 Reviews for Lawrence DJ Service

Sound/PA System (6)
MC (3)
Projector (1)
44 Lawrence DJ Service Reviews

Jason was absolutely amazing! From our very first meeting we knew he would do an excellent job. We never felt so at ease leaving our meetings with Jason. He shared words of wisdom right before our wedding and did an awesome job keeping people on the dance floor. We received so many compliments not only on him DJing, but also the photo booth he provided! It was a great addition to our wedding and all of our guests loved it. He kept the reception moving and there was never a dull moment. Jason is by far one of the best in his profession! I would absolutely recommend him!

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/11/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Photobooth, Uplighting

Jason is the best! He is very adaptable. He does a great job getting a feel for exactly what kind of DJ and entertainer you want. He did everything we asked for! Funny, entertaining, and kept our wedding reception flowing perfectly and the dance floor hoping all night. We highly recommend Lawrence DJ Service!

Profile Picture Tony, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hands down an outstanding DJ. He made it very casual and took away stress of worrying about anything from start to finish. He came highly reviewed, when we met it was a simple, easy, and personalized approach. The night of the wedding went very smooth. He adapted well with our friends and family keeping everyone engaged and the mood and tempo flowed perfectly. The equipment was all high quality and lighting effects throughout the whole venue were perfect. We also took advantage of the photo booth service and our guests had a great time making memories while our wedding party was finishing photos leading up to the reception. If you need a personal engaging DJ this is your guy!

Profile Picture Chasten, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would absolutely recommend Lawrence DJ! He was so great and easy to work with. He listened to everything we wanted, and was very responsive. He made everything go very smoothly, and even brought me and my husband drinks at the head table so we had time to eat without interruptions. We also used his photobooth service which everyone LOVED. So many guests told us it was the funnest time they had every had at a wedding. Jason was really amazing, and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Taylor, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We absolutely would recommend Jason for your DJ needs at your wedding. He is very easy to work with and listens to what you want to do for your wedding day. The photobooth service he also offers is worth every penny as well. We had the scrapbook option and it was nice reading all of the notes from our friends and family from the photobooth. Jason is the best and helps make your day go very smoothly by working easily with other vendors.

Profile Picture Megan, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I cant recommend Jason enough. Professional, knowledgeable, and so kind hearted. He made our night so smooth and everyone was so impressed. Amazing man!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Best DJ in the Lawrence area! Jason DJ'd our wedding and reception in November. He was amazing to work with - always quick to respond, super helpful and professional. He does a fantastic job of keeping the party moving and the guests engaged. I wouldn't recommend anyone else!

Profile Picture User7464132, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Jason to DJ our wedding in early November and we cannot say enough great things about how wonderful of an experience this was. From the very first meeting, to the pre-wedding planning discussion and up through the event night itself, Jason was incredibly easy to work with and provided great counsel all along about how to make our event the best possible. And then on the wedding day itself, Jason positively shined. He handled A/V for the ceremony, dinner and then of course DJ'd the reception. He was on point for all of it, and served up the perfect mix of music to keep the reception moving. In fact, it was going so well, we extended it by an hour, which Jason gladly agreed to, and things ended on the highest note we could imagine. We would book Jason again in a minute, without hesitation, for any future events. Thanks, Jason, for helping to make our day so memorable!

Profile Picture Walter, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason with Lawrence DJ Service did an awesome job at our wedding reception! From our initial meeting with him months before the big day, all the way thru til the wedding day itself, he stayed in contact with us and was always quick to respond to any of our questions. He was extremely personable and professional each time we met with him. When we were very undecided on several music selections, he always had several suggestions for us without being pushy. During the reception he kept our guests entertained and, most importantly, informed of what was to come next. At the start of the reception, he made sure to run through our order of events with us and make sure we felt comfortable and prepared, and was very flexible to a few last minute changes. When the dance floor lighting wasn't quite what we had hoped for, he came up with a quick plan and seamlessly created the perfect feel. He played a wide variety of music to appeal to everyone, and even got some of our non-dancers out on the floor for a song or two! He was also able to provide our photo booth, which had a great prop selection and was a huge hit with our guests! I'd recommend Jason in a heartbeat, he'll be a great addition to any wedding.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/8/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Photobooth, Uplighting

I used the Lawrence DJ Services for their photo booth at my wedding and I cannot rave about them enough - they were amazing! So many of my guests told me about how much they loved the photo booth. It was 100% worth the price, everyone that went into the booth was able to have a strip for themselves, my groom and I were able to design the strips ourselves, and they had a huge supply of props you could use. The ladies running the booth were very happy and friendly, and Jason was amazing with responding to any questions or emails quickly. I recommend them for anyone that needs a photo booth!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason was such an unbelievable DJ for our wedding! We recommend that anyone who is getting married choose Jason for their day! He met with us before the wedding to make sure we were one on the same page and walked through every part of the wedding so that there wouldn't be any confusion during the ceremony or reception. He made sure that our reception ran so so smoothly and that everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there, like making sure that our videographers and photographers were ready to go before we started speeches or the first dance. He was also able to coordinate on the fly with us when some parts of our reception were faster or slower than expected. Jason kept our guest informed about the events of the night and entertained while making sure that it was us and not him that was the center of the show. We weren't the only ones who noticed how good he was, many of our guests commented on how good our DJ was, and our pastor told us multiple times that Jason was the best DJ that he had ever done a wedding with. We highly highly recommend Lawrence DJ Service!

Profile Picture Konner, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a wonderful experience working with Jason! He was extremely flexible when finding times to meet, he listened to our wants and followed through with them on our wedding day. He kept our dance floor full the entire night and really had a good feel for what music to play when. He was very organized and reached out to us when we needed to have our final meeting to make sure everything was squared away before our big day. I highly recommend choosing Jason for your DJ!

Profile Picture Katrina, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hiring Jason was one of our best decisions when planning our wedding. He's very professional and met with us twice before the wedding to get our input and cover everything we could possibly think of. He hooked up all the audio for our outdoor ceremony including microphones and guitars. He ran our reception like a second day of coordinator. Then he rocked the dance floor and lots of our guests said it was the most fun at a wedding they've had in awhile. I highly recommend Jason for all your wedding DJ needs.

Profile Picture Ryan, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason was fantastic to work with. One of the greatest gifts that Jason has is making sure your wedding flows smoothly. I have seen many DJ's not do a good job of this and it really makes the difference in how your day is orchestrated. Jason also does a very entertaining game that gets your family and friends laughing. I cannot recommend Jason highly enough our wedding was a blast and he is responsible for this. Oh yeah, he also has a great music selection and can read your crowd. We had people of all ages dancing.

Profile Picture Sean, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can not say enough good things about Jason. My wife and I originally were not planning on having a DJ for our wedding but thought about seeing what our options were. Living in Michigan I contacted Jason by phone and he returned my call in the same day. Jason chatted with me on the phone for about 20 minutes, getting to know me and my partner. He seemed more interested in getting to know us as a couple before talking business. Fast forward to a month before the wedding, we met with Jason and he was fun, energetic and all about making our day easier. On the Wedding Day, Jason had the perfect music, kept the day moving along and even pretended to talk to us so we could finish our dinner! The biggest compliment came from my Grandmother-in-law who claimed that this was the first wedding in her 96 years that she has ever seen people actually dance, and I credit that to Jason. I would recommend Jason to ANYONE who is interested in someone who cares about the people he is working with. Jason was amazing!

Profile Picture Mike, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Jason was an INCREDIBLE DJ for my wedding! Not only was he great for the actual event, but when I had minor moments of freaking out along the way-- not knowing what types of music or songs to select-- he was so gracious to meet with me and guide me through the process. He is a great guy all around and my guests still haven't stopped talking about how FUN our wedding was because of him!

Profile Picture User6921804, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason was awesome. He was a huge help planning the flow of our big day. He had great input while listening to what we wanted. Music was on-point. I would recommend him to anyone. We also used his photobooth service which was great.

Profile Picture Darren, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason was an absolute pleasure to work with! Our wedding guests had such a wonderful time!!!!! I received so many compliments on the music. Jason did really great job of using the music we had requested (which was quite a long list). He really helped with the day of timeline, keeping the momentum of the wedding going. He really helped in a lot of different aspects. He was extremely personable and professional. He did the sound for the ceremony and reception and the sound quality was perfect. Everything went off without a hitch. I am so very happy we picked him!!!! He was really great. I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC

Jason was great to work with! He is very responsive and talks through how to create the best experience for you and your guests. The day of, he was great about grabbing us when it was time for toasts, the first dance, etc. and helped keep us on our timeline and vision. I would recommend him to anyone planning a wedding or party!

Profile Picture Eva, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Jason was the DJ for our daughter's wedding. The services he provides are outstanding. He played the music for the outdoor ceremony and reception in the barn. In addition he provided a photo booth and up lighting. Jason is extremely professional. He is able to engage your guests and is very comfortable interacting and leading the festivities. Many of our guest commented that they enjoyed the DJ and music and the dance floor was always full. The photo booth was a huge success! I will contact him for future events.

Profile Picture Lori Ann, 4/23/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Jason was the epitome of professionalism in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding. He answered every question I had, no matter how big or small within 24 hours (often in less than a couple of hours). He has so many great ideas to help with the flow of a reception and dance. There was never a song or moment when there was no one on the dance floor. My husband's family is from Mexico so we wanted to make sure we had a good mix of Spanish and English songs. Jason found the perfect balance and it made me so happy to see both sides of the family dancing together! He was extremely flexible and even put up with the intoxicated bridesmaids with grace ;-) Lawrence DJ Service is the vendor that I am most proud of discovering and Jason truly made my wedding day experience the best night of my life!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jason did the photobooth at my wedding. He was great to work with, custom made a photostrip for me, was very flexible with my times, and guests loved it! Jason even went out to my venue before the wedding to look at everything and make sure he knew where to set up before the night. I highly recommend him to anyone!!

Profile Picture Valerie, 12/31/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason was fantastic! He literally made our reception! Throughout the night my husband and I had so many compliments from people about how smooth things were going, how great the music was, and overall how awesome our DJ was! We also used Jason's photo booth and our guests loved it! The woman working the table by the booth was extremely helpful and made sure our guests had an amazing time taking pictures to remember our night. I would recommend Jason and Lawrence DJ Service to anyone who needs a DJ for an event. He was very professional and great to work with. We were very pleased with everything!!

Profile Picture Brooke, 11/7/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. He was always prompt to reply to emails or return phone calls. Both my husband and I were living in a different city while planning our wedding in Lawrence, and Jason was very flexible in meeting with us while we were in town - even on Sundays and holidays.

My husband and I are not big dancers. We have been to too many weddings that try to force a long dance party and everyone sits around board and tired. We told Jason that we wanted a fast paced entertaining reception and he caught on to what we were looking for perfectly. He not only took care of our guests he even took care of us, ensuring we had time and space to eat, he even carried my dinner plate over for me and offered to get me drink refills. That is what I call above and beyond his job description.

DJ's can make or break your reception, and with Jason, I had no doubt that he would do a great job. The music was just right, he MC'd the night perfectly ( all our guests knew what was going on and when) and he took care of me and my groom. he was even coordinating with our photographer to ensure she got the best shots!

I haven't even began to mention his photobooth service. It was great, the album that was put together was ready by the end of the night and he promptly got the digital files to us after we returned from our honeymoon. I would recommend Jason to any bride in a heart beat. He caught onto my vision for the night and ran with it. From the lighting, to the music, to the entertainment Jason was well prepared, organized, and fun. We all know every least bit of a wedding a bride has to worry about the better. With Jason, I had nothing to worry or think about.

Profile Picture kara, 10/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

It's very obvious that Jason is passionate about what he does and he works very hard! This is a rare quality in DJ's!

You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Esther, 8/8/15, 1 Review