Lavender & Leaf Designs Reviews

Lavender & Leaf Designs 7
  • Marie

Marie · Married on 09/21/2018

Stunning Work - Made my Wedding

Where do I start?? Sara was a dream to work with! I was one of those brides that felt like floral was the center of my 'theme' and the only real area I was bringing in a theme. I spoke to 30 different florists, and I chose Sara because she was not only understanding of my vision, but was willing to do what I wanted, instead of the other vendors telling me 'it would be hard' to do. Sara told me "this is a beautiful idea, and I would love to work on it with you". I decided I wanted to do a ton of bud vases, and I was able to provide them due to cost (not man florists let you do this). I changed my mind about 15 times throughout the year, from green and white, to all color, to grey and green, and eventually decided on my original idea - green and white. But not once did Sara get annoyed at me, or make me feel bad because I changed my mind. At the end of the day, she made my wedding. I can't begin to tell you how many people complimented the floral and fireplaces - i was always told no one remembers the floral and with Sara, they def did not! To all my brides out there - BOOK THEM! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Lavender & Leaf Designs 19
    Lavender & Leaf Designs 20
    Lavender & Leaf Designs 21

Lavender & Leaf Designs's reply:

You are the sweetest Marie!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience working with us and all of the kind words. So glad we were able to help bring your magical vision together for your guys. My very best wishes to you both!!

Brittney · Married on 08/11/2018

Highly recommend and would use again!

Sara is amazing to work with from start to finish! She always makes sure you are on the same page about your vision and seriously comes through on the day of! We were supposed to have an outdoor ceremony with a gazebo to decorate but it rained. Sara came prepared and built us an indoor archway on the spot! I could not have been any happier with our flower arrangements and the way they tied everything together beautifully - this was extra important to me because my bridesmaids' dresses were mix/matched. They were so gorgeous and I received so many compliments about the flowers that day and for weeks to come after our wedding. She is affordable and keeps your budget in mind, no up-selling which can be hard to find once the word "wedding" is involved. She is truly fantastic at what she does, a super sweet person, and I could not have been happier with my decision!

Hilary · Married on 04/21/2018

Can I give more than a 5 star rating? Our wedding flowers were absolutely gorgeous. Going into our consultation my now-husband and I had a few ideas for the flowers and colors we wanted, based on our invitations and rustic/romantic feel we wanted. Sara was so professional and prepared during our consultation, totally understood what we were looking for, and had great ideas for the floral designs. She truly created the most amazing centerpieces, ceremony arch, bouquet, etc. The flowers were even more beautiful than we imagined. I can’t say enough to describe how incredible everything turned out. HIGHLY recommend!

• Sherry

Sherry · Married on 01/14/2018

I was a pleasure to work with Sara for my daughter's wedding in June 2017 at The Grandview in Poughkeepsie. She was extremely helpful, thoughtful and patient. Her flower arrangements drew rave reviews from our guests -- and the bride!

Nicole · Married on 11/12/2017

I knew Sara was the right florist for my wedding from our very first consultation meeting. She was so friendly, flexible, and took very detailed notes about what I envisioned. Her process is very clear and straightforward too, making you feel at ease and that you can entrust her with your wedding flowers. She was very responsive to emails too - the flowers were one less thing to be stressed out because Sara made it so easy. On our wedding day, I received so many compliments that the flowers were beautiful. She added extra complimentary touches which were so thoughtful. I would highly recommend Sara for your wedding or event!

Allison · Married on 10/28/2017

Sara is amazing! She listened to the vision we had for our wedding and ran with it. Her attention to detail is amazing. I am not a huge fan of floral arrangements and Sara completely nailed the balance between flowers and greenery. All of her finishing touches completely enhanced each space at our venue. Everything had a purpose and looked beautiful. She also adjusted the plan as our wedding planning evolved and was able to provide perfect suggestions along the way.
    She is amazingly talented!

Lavender & Leaf Designs 22
    Lavender & Leaf Designs 23

Carly · Married on 06/30/2017

I can't say enough about how amazing our experience was with sara! She totally understood our vision and from the table settings to bouquets it was so much more than I could have ever imagined!! Our guests were blown away with how beautiful the flowers were! If you're looking for a florist sara is your girl!!!!

Shana · Married on 06/03/2017

Sara is wonderfully creative and an absolute pleasure to work with. Her keen eye and beautiful designs go far beyond the average florist.

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2016

I booked Sara of Lavender & Leaf Designs for my wedding because her floral arrangements looked so elegant and unique. Sara is one of a kind! She is patient, super creative and was a joy to work with! My flowers at my October wedding came out stunning and so beautiful!! She knew exactly what I wanted and really delivered, all at a reasonable price. I had to make a few changes to the contract and she was very willing and understanding about it. Everyone said how gorgeous the flowers looked and it really elevated the wedding! Thank you Sara for doing such an amazing job!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Lavender & Leaf for your next wedding or event.

Stephanie · Married on 08/20/2016

Sarah from lavender and leaf was a great addition to our list of wedding vendors! After visiting a few non professional and high price florists I was skeptical that we'd ever find someone that could offer great value, quality work, at a great price but then we met Sarah. Her and her team delivered beautiful work and the the amiunt of time and detail she spends putting together your contract / proposal ( including pictures and costs so there are no surprises) was very much appreciated. Overall she's great so do for it and book her!

They did an amazing job and were able to really understand what I wanted. I came with tons of pictures and a very particular vision. She was able to grasp just what I wanted. Everything turned out perfect. They even planned it so the ceremony flowers could then be moved inside for the reception. perfect!

Lindsay · Married on 07/02/2016

Sara is an awesome designer who will make your flower arrangements look beautiful on your wedding day. Sara was flexible, responsive, and receptive to ideas that we had, but also has an eye for creativity and perfection that will add special touches to your day and something we fully trusted her with. Not only a wonderful person, Sara is a dedicated and passionate professional that will make sure everything is perfect down to the smallest detail when it comes to your flowers. Thank you Sara!

Caitlin · Married on 06/04/2016

In addition to being an incredibly kind person, Sara is a creative genius and a delight to work with! The flowers that Sara was able to provide for us, which included bouquets, ceremony flowers, and centerpieces, were indescribably beautiful. From the very first conversation, Sara really understood what we were interested in and helped guide us. I really can't say enough about how gorgeous everything turned out and how much I enjoyed working with Sara (and her husband!) ---she felt like a great friend by the time all was said and done!

Jennifer · Married on 10/17/2015

Sara is amazing! She thinks outside the box and all of her designs are beautiful! We wanted our flowers to be rustic and to fit in with our fall theme. We knew exactly what to do . She loves doing more of a rustic vintage feel which was exactly what we were looming for. Having lotus pods to our centerpieces and curly willow vines to the bouquets were the little details that everyone noticed. Not to mention she was open to anything and so flexible with us. The little touches we wanted to add like creating our own wooden boxes for,the centerpieces she was absolutely fine with and she just worked her magic with them. We had 3 alternating centerpieces pumpkins a lantern and the wooden boxes. They were all beautiful and fit with our theme perfectly. All the guests were fighting to take the centerpieces home. The flowers were gorgeous and so fresh. Our bouquets were amazing the color combinations of the oranges and greens made the girls chocolate brown dresses pop. She was so easy to work with and really takes the time to see your vision and work with it.

I can't recommend Lavender & Leaf enough!! Sara was such a pleasure to work with - she is the sweetest person and has such impeccable taste. I gave her a vague idea of what I wanted and she just ran with it and everything she did just blew me away. I had a fall wedding and she made the most beautiful, unique centerpieces - using both cheese pumpkins and blue pumpkins as vases and filled them with the most gorgeous flower arrangements. I got so many compliments - I swear people took more photos of these arrangements than me in my wedding dress, hah! She also did a fabulous job with the bouquets and ceremony decorations. The colors and flowers were a perfect compliment to my bridesmaid dresses and wedding theme. And the billy ball boutonnieres she made for my ring bearers...so adorable!

Sara not only did a fabulous job with the flowers but she was a tremendous help to me during the planning process. She toured the venue with us and offered many great suggestions for the big day and even purchased cake stands for me so my centerpieces wouldn't take up too much room on the tables. She also helped the caterers decorate everything exactly as I wanted. I really trusted her and it put me at ease knowing that she would be there on my wedding day to help with the set-up. I should also add that her pricing is very reasonable as well and she will work with you to get you everything you want for your budget.

I promise you will be so so thrilled with your decision if you work with Sara. She is the best!!!

Sara is amazing. She is sweet and professional. Her work was flawless. She is also flexible. On the day of my wedding I asked her about a toss bouquet, which I completely forgot to add into the contract and she put one together last minute, it was soo nice of her - I really appreciated it because after she handed me my beautiful flowers I didn't want to part with them. The flowers were all so beautiful and I can't wait to see our photos. I can't wait to work with her again one day.

David · Married on 08/22/2015

Our flowers were perfect. They were everything that we wanted. Sara and Roy were great. Sara's creativity really helped bring to the life the vision we had for our wedding.

I would highly recommend using Lavender and Leaf for your wedding flower needs.

I planned this wedding in the Hudson Valley from Ohio. I had to rely on reviews and pictures to make my decisions. Going with Lavender & Leaf was one of the best decisions I made. Sara was so helpful and understood exactly what look we wanted from the very beginning. I did not meet with her until about 2 months before the wedding since I was so far away. When we met she had all of the ideas we talked about ready to show us and we made decisions that day. On the day of the wedding she brought the flowers to the house we rented to pass out and pin on the guys. She then went to the venue and set up for the ceremony and put together all of the centerpieces on the tables. We used the writing on stones for our guestbook and when that got hectic she even helped do that. After the ceremony she moved all of those flowers to the cocktail hour and reception. The flowers were the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. We got so many comments on how different and gorgeous they were. We couldn't have done it with our their help. I didn't have to worry about anything related to the flowers the day of the wedding. All taken care thanks to Lavender & Leaf! Would 100% recommend this vendor.

Stefanie · Married on 07/18/2015

I know absolutely nothing about flowers so working with Sara was a blessing! Sara is so knowledgeable, helpful, and sincere. She really wants to make your dream wedding look come true while also being mindful of your budget and other restrictions. Sara was always available if I had a question or thought of something new I wanted to throw at her. I had my wedding at the Links and Sara was there to pin the guys on arrival, set up for the ceremony, and move some ceremony pieces inside for centerpieces. Sara brought gorgeous bouquets to my hotel for all of the girls and they were just beautiful. For my something old, I had a lace sleeve from my mom's wedding dress and Sara was able to cut it and use it as a lace wrap around my bouquet. It was gorgeous and I received a lot of compliments on it. I do not have a single negative thing to say about my experience working with Sara!!

Heather · Married on 06/06/2015

I absolutely loved my flowers from Lavender and Leaf. Sara was great to work with, and made sure that we were completely happy with our flower choices before finalizing the contract. I have my bridal bouquet and two of my bridesmaid bouquets drying out right now, as I didn't want to just get rid of them once the wedding was done- they are so pretty! She delivered the flowers on time on our wedding day and had the church and reception set up quickly. Thank you!

• W

Whitney · Married on 03/27/2015

Sara at Lavender & Leaf Designs is someone that will work with you on what you want instead of impressing upon you their "old and tired" ideas that they have been doing for years. I met with many florists that did not listen to what I wanted, but Sara was the exact opposite. She was so sweet, and helped me bring my vision to life. She provided feedback on what flowers were in season, and what would work well together. Sara's proposal and estimate came so quickly after our first meeting, and I was blown away by her being able to bring my vision to life and make it better then I could have ever imagined (bonus, her proposal was under what I had budgeted for flowers). The day of the wedding, Sara delivered to three different locations and at the end of the wedding reception came back and wrapped arrangements for guests to take home with them. Our guests had nothing but good things to say about the table arrangement, including our beautiful escort card table arrangement and several guests stayed so that they could take the arrangements with them. All of the flowers held up so well throughout the day, and I was so pleased with Sara's work. I highly recommend Sara as she has a forward vision, and will work with any couple to bring what they want to life for a beautiful wedding day.

Cristine · Married on 11/08/2014

I used Sara for my 11/8/14 wedding and could not have been happier! Three friends of mine used Sara for their weddings and all were very happy so I knew my choice was obvious. Sara was excellent from start to finish and created beautiful bouquets and centerpieces for my wedding. I found a picture of my bouquet online and Sara was able to identify each flower and recreated it perfectly. I would highly recommend Lavender & Leaf Designs.

Kathleen · Married on 10/18/2014

Sara was an absolute joy to work with!! I cannot recommend her enough, especially to a bride who has a very specific (and perhaps complex) vision. Every time I met with Sara, I went in with so many, yet specific, ideas of what I wanted at my wedding. I always felt like I was being crazy until I sat down with her, and she always made me feel like my vision was great and totally doable! It was very much like talking to a friend who wanted to help vs. a rigid professional who only wanted to do it their way, and I so appreciated that. She was always very communicative and responsive, and I especially enjoyed how detailed her proposals were with both pictures and descriptions. When the big day came, everything was PERFECT and I could not be happier :). Thank you Sara!!

Linda · Married on 10/11/2014

Upon meeting Sara, I knew I wanted her to handle the flower arrangements for my wedding. She was incredibly sweet, patient and wasn't pushy at all!!! Her prices were within my budget. Sara has a uncompromising passion for what she does. Her style and talent is exceptional. We did a fall theme and Sara incorporated every aspect of fall that I love and added a rustic touch to it. The result was stunning! Beautiful! I received so many compliments on the bouquets and everyone loved the centerpieces! Having a fall themed wedding was about the only thing I knew I wanted when starting to plan so I was very excited to see what Sara would put together and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would highly recommend every bride to use this company!!

Laura · Married on 08/15/2014

Sara was such a pleasure to work with from the moment I met her. I really didn't know what type of flowers I wanted to use, I just told her the colors that I wanted and she made the most beautiful bouquet for me and centerpieces. I had 10 bridesmaids so I didn't want to purchase 10 bouquets because of my budget and she created these super cute crinkle fans for them. Everything from the ceremony decorations to the boutonnieres were absolutely perfect. In addition, Sara sends you pictures of her ideas and is very flexible if you need to make changes. Sara is truly amazing at what she does! Can't say enough of nice things about Lavender & Leaf. Everything was beautiful and perfect! Thank you!