Laurrapin Caters Reviews

97 Reviews for Laurrapin Caters

Laurrapin Caters 1
Laurrapin Caters 2
Laurrapin Caters 3

Amazing food and amazing service! We had so many compliments on the food at our wedding, thank you for everything! They were reasonably priced and provided great service.

Sent on 08/15/2015

Kate · Married on 10/18/2014

Janice and the Laurrapin Team were pleasures to work with. Amazing, delicious food! Guests loved the wide variety of unique appetizers during cocktail hour - everything from flatbread pizzas to Thai chicken lettuce wraps. Laurrapin worked with us to create a perfect menu that fit our budget. We wanted an ice cream bar and Laurrapin made it happen. Janice and her team did a great job of decorating the venue exactly the way we envisioned. Very professional staff. Couldn't have been happier with our experience with Laurrapin. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Laura · Married on 06/07/2014

First off- this is a great restaurant with delicious food. They might even be better in the catering department! Janice and Sherifa were great to work with. SO accommodating and really set our mind at ease. We did our fair share of revising the menu in the months leading up to our wedding so we appreciate their help, insight, and flexibility. My fiance, parents and myself went to the tasting and it was a full blown meal and beyond. We weren't expecting that. They even offered for us to come in again after we had made menu changes. I was a little nervous leading up to the wedding just because I felt like I wasn't totally on the same page- but you have to remember these are professionals and they do this close to every weekend and so the small things you may sweat are hurdles they deal with every day with ease. That they did. They really go above and beyond- they have a variety of bars which they decide based on your style of wedding, they have really cute props and decor and signage. Sherifa is a stickler for making things pretty- and it will be! This is more of a communication issue on my part, but typically I thought caterers cut the wedding cake. Granted- it was an outside baker, and Laurrapin provided other delicious desserts, and we didnt do a whole grand cake cutting ceremony, but not a slice was cut. Again, probably our fault, and this honestly wasn't an issue for me, but since you're so busy on your wedding day I felt like this is something that should have been noticed by them. Otherwise- great food (real food), beautiful presentation, and sweet people.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Nicole · Married on 12/01/2012

Laurrapin was absolutely amazing! Especially- Sherifa and Janice, they are wonderful and so incredibly nice! They are great planners, well organized, attentive to every detail, and not to mention have awesome ideas to make the evening extra special! The food was phenomenal! Perfect! Everyone loved it!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Ken Miller · Married on 10/20/2018

Definitely recommend!!

They did a fabulous job with our wedding!! Everyone mentioned how great the food was. The service was excellent. They were professional, easy to talk to, flexible, and they knew how to be available and stay on top of everything without taking away from everyone's experience at all. We would highly recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Kara · Married on 09/22/2017

Laurrapin was a wonderful cater for our wedding! They worked with us for numerous sit downs for menus and coordination, always making sure that our wants fit into the budget. The event coordinators were very responsive, mostly in less than 12 hours. The day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly because of them. They made sure all the other services were on track and the Bride and Groom did not notice any hiccups! They also made sure we got all the alcohol and food we wanted. The only reason I didn't score them a 5 on the value was because the linen colors for the guest tables at the reception were not correct. But otherwise highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Kate · Married on 06/14/2015

While getting in contact initially was a bit of a struggle, every encounter after that went smoothly. The staff was so knowledgeable and professional that I did not have to think or do much at all! The food is local and delicious and was able to satisfy all dietary restrictions and picky palates! The staff also did a wonderful job with the set up of the reception and making sure the bride and groom were well hydrated and fed throughout the event.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Rebecca · Married on 05/31/2014

I loved having Laurrapin cater our wedding! Locally sourced foods, ethically raised meats, prepared perfectly, displayed tastefully. The array of flavors and quality of delicious foods were repeatedly complimented. I received a text the evening after our wedding: "I am still full! What great food!" Janice was lovely to work with too! Great sense of humor, pleasant and reassuring. The price was more reasonable than other companies (and the other companies don't provide the uniquely crafted, high-quality foods). As the date grew near, I had a few instances where I couldn't reach Laurrapin to answer some last-minute questions, which was a little nerve-racking, and they didn't do a few small things that they said they would (like put the presents into the house and break down a few decorative tables I had put out), so my parents had to stay late and finish that stuff. It was all fine in the end, though and I would choose them again!

Sent on 06/30/2014

After researching many many catering companies we chose Laurrapin because of the value,flexibility in making the menu very individualized and the food was DELICIOUS. Its the type of food you would actually find at any of Baltimore's finest restaurants. Everyone complimented us on our food over and over again. The staff was so very attentive to us as well as all our guest. Thank you so much Laurrapin for making our night go exactly as planned.

Sent on 04/27/2013

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2012

The Laurrapin did an amazing job catering to our needs and making our wedding day a dream come true! The food and service was perfect. All of my guest complimented me on how unique and delicious the food was. While planning the Laurrapin was available to me, even though I planned my wedding a year in advance. I would be glad to use them for any event in the future. They truly made us feel like it was our day.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Marge · Married on 04/13/2012

Fantastic! With no exception, the guests remarked that the food was exceptional. The hors d'ouevres were wonderfully displayed. The dinner portions were very generous and perfectly perfd wonderfully for the occasion. This was absolutely consistent with the tasting that we had before the event. Sheriffa and Janice were fabulous. They assisted us with getting the right dinner-ware from the rental facility prior to the event. They also took the time to provide guidance and set up all the table arrangements. The servers and porters were friendly, efficient, and professional.

Sent on 05/13/2012

3.0

The Laurrapin Grille is an amazing place! I was so impressed with my tasting...I picked items right off their suggested menu and was so pleased I didn't change a thing! The food is to die for...great flavor and quality and fairly priced. Sherifa and Janice have been great to work with so far. There was a bit of diffuculty reaching them by email at first but calling and stopping in they were always really flexible despite their busy schedules. I cannot wait for my wedding day to have all of the delicious food we selected for our buffet! I have no doubt that everything will go smoothly and be of great quality!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

We worked with Laurrapin Catering for our wedding of 200 guests. Sherifa was quick to respond, especially in the last few weeks leading up to our wedding. Her and her catering staff were efficient the evening of our wedding and all 200 guests enjoyed the food and drinks. We had a lot of ideas to incorporate and she was willing to see them through to the end. I would recommend Sherifa and her staff for any future events.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Kara · Married on 11/22/2014

3.0

We chose Laurrapin Grille for their sourcing of local and sustainable foods, delicious homemade recipes and to support a local restaurant in Havre de Grace, MD. On our wedding night, the catering team executed with precision and professionalism. They followed our decorating instructions to a T and even allowed us to leave the decor at our venue until the next morning! The food was excellent and our guests still rave about it! The only hiccup during the planning process was the lack of responsiveness to my calls. However, since I let them know, they've set up a separate phone line/voicemail from the restaurant. My girlfriend has chosen Laurrapin for her wedding and has had no problems with communication.

Sent on 04/18/2015

Katie · Married on 05/31/2014

3.0

Our food was amazing for the wedding! We definitely wanted a small local caterer and to support our local farmers, so Laurrapin was a perfect fit! They were very flexible with our menu and such a good cost! They provided better, fresher, more unique food options than other caterers, with a significantly better price! The only concern I had was responsiveness during the wedding planning- it would sometimes take more than 2 emails over the course of a few weeks to get a response, and sometimes details were not noted properly so when I got our final layout for the day, several details had been missed and never noted from previous emails. Also, we were supposed to have drinks and hor d'oeuvres brought to the bridal party during the cocktail hour since we were taking pictures, but we didn't get any, so I never got to try our cocktail food! But at the end of the day, I would not have chosen another caterer and they did a great job! The food was SO GOOD!

Sent on 06/28/2014

Laurrapin was great for our wedding! Sherifa and Janice helped not only make the food fabulous but also helped coordinate with all of the rentals and other vendors! They have a great relationship with our venue which allowed us to set up early which helped ease our stress! Food was delicious, I'm still being complimented on the appetizers and meal! Bartenders were able to make the signature drinks we selected with ease. Would highly recommend Laurrapin for any event. We hope to use them again!

Sent on 11/10/2012

Steve · Married on 06/03/2017

4.2
      3.5

The food for our wedding reception was delicious — even our vegetarian pick, zucchini cakes, was a hit — and we were able to choose from an ample but not overwhelming amount of options, which Laurrapin patiently steered us through, letting us taste and retaste until things were just right. Our menu included a customized beef dish using a favorite family chutney we special ordered and dropped off at their kitchen, and a fresh made sangria using ingredients we also provided. That Laurrapin favors sourcing with local ingredients was probably one reason dishes tasted so great, but it also reflected our values of sustainability and supporting local growers and is something we were glad to have at our wedding. Beyond the food, logistics-wise, Laurrapin ultimately delivered stellar results as well, impressing with creative problem solving and designing things from the guest's perspective. However, communication wasn't always perfect, especially in the days leading up to the wedding, sometimes being delayed, redundant, or, seemingly, harried. Again, though, in the end, everything got done, and was done well.

Sent on 07/01/2017

Ayla · Married on 09/07/2018

3.8
      2.5
      3.0

The food was great and so were the ladies who helped me for my wedding. However, they assured me everything would be taken care of and the venue wasn’t decorated when the wedding started or even completely decorated ever. they were rude to my maid of honor, and I am severely disappointed with them.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Treasure · Married on 07/02/2016

2.8
      1.5
      0.5

The food was fantastic, they were very flexible with changes and special plates for food sensitivities, though slow to respond on email (took a few days). They were however, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL with a particular issue-their staff arrived early to the venue, and my husband and I were charged for that. As a result,we did not receive our deposit back from the venue, and when we called and emailed the caterer to discuss and recoup the loss, there was no response. Our wedding was nearly 3 months ago, and still no phone call back, no email, nothing! BEWARE! I am extremely angry and disappointed and will not be visiting their restaurant again.

Sent on 09/24/2016
  • Sandra

Sandra · Married on 05/19/2019

2.4
      2.0

Poor Service, late, and good food.

I have to say this vendor was my only disappointment on my wedding day. The food is good, but don't count on great service. Lets start with the girl we were working with never showed up to our wedding, she decided to take off that weekend, and never informed us. Her new assistant did a good job considering she had never met us until 3 days before the wedding. The day started out with them being an hour late. Never brought the 40lb bags of ice we paid for, we went out and bought our own ice. My son asked about filling the ice and the worker told him where the ice was, so my son could ice down the drinks. Burnt the cookies and served them to our guest. We were to get the left over food boxed up for our out of town guest, the workers took it home instead. My hand made lace hearts that were on the tables they rolled up with the table clothes, they never bothered to ask what I wanted to keep from the tables. We were assured several times we had a seasoned crew, and there was nothing to worry about. After the wedding I sent them an e-mail on June 7th, and never gotten a response. We didn't ask for a refund, just an apology.

Sent on 08/23/2019

Alison · Married on 05/15/2016

2.2
      2.0
      1.0

We really wanted to use Laurrapin but they were unwilling to work with our budget and told us that we were not worth it to them if we weren't going to spend over about $15,000 on food.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2016

0.6
      1.0

Honestly I am so saddened by the experience I had with this company. They made a lot of promises of what they would do for us and they fell short of everything. There was TONS of information that fell through the crack. Things that would not have gone wrong if their communication was better, or even if they had any. Weeks leading up to the wedding I stopped getting email responses. It's like after they get all you money they only care about making sure you get your food. Emails went un answered. And several issues day of. With picked them because they told us they would take on all the stuff a DOC would so with thought it was a one stop shop. Save your money, get a cheaper caterer and hire a DOC for a few hundred bucks. I with I had. Tried to reach out the the company after our wedding and heard nothing back so far.

Sent on 09/28/2016