Laurrapin Caters Reviews

Laurrapin Caters 1
Laurrapin Caters 2
Laurrapin Caters 3

Emily · Married on 05/18/2013

Laurrapin was fantastic - everyone raved about the food at our wedding and we couldn't have asked for better quality and service. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Pat · Married on 04/27/2013

Laurrapin provided outstanding service and the food was absolutely wonderful. My daughter and new son-in-law could not have been happier with the outcome. They raved for days after the taste testing and had exactly the menu created for them.
    Servers could not have been more attentive and friendly. In terms of flexibility, I called several times two days before the wedding with minor changes in locations and they got everything perfect.
    One of the best compliments actually came from my husband who is strictly a "meat and potatoes" man. He loved the food and choices.

Thanks for your service and making their day so very special!!

Sent on 04/30/2013

Kristin · Married on 01/18/2013

Page 1 of 2 (K & G review) :

When deciding where to have our wedding, we had already visited several country clubs, the Belvedere, the Engineers Club, etc., and nothing seemed to appeal to us. The venues were too formal and sterile (especially for a 2nd wedding), and the menus lacked individuality and were never exciting. Moreover, the food was just terrible and tasteless - in most cases, almost like cafeteria food. When we decided to switch back to having a home wedding, we wanted a caterer with an exciting menu, a great price, and zagat rated accolades who could handle a home wedding event with over 125 pp. We could think of no other restaurant who could meet that challenge EXCEPT the Laurrapin Grille.

A month prior to the wedding, Sherifa and Bruce Clarke visited our home; Janice, Sharifa and Bruce had already listened carefully to our food ideas and helped craft the menu choices from there in conjunction with how our home was configured. Even when we added last minute changes to our original menu choices, Laurrapin handled every request with ease and calm. No problem, they would say, and make the changes quickly.

We had always dined at the Laurrapin when we visited Havre de Grace, and knew their food was excellent. When we consulted with Sherifa and Janice, we knew instantly that they would do a tremendous job with not only the food, but the entire evening. And we were correct!
    The evening of the wedding, the entire staff arrived and moved like a professional ballet troupe - gliding in and out between our huge family (already there for pre-ceremony pictures) with trays and paraphanalia - setting up everything without any issues and within an hour.
    (Con't to next page)

Sent on 03/12/2013

Grace · Married on 01/18/2013

con't: (Big g and K's review page 2 of 2) They were magical to watch and so professional and just seamless in their efforts. The food: The food was spectacular! We are still receiving compliments from our guests months later about the food. We had so much food & everyone had the same reaction to it: delicious! Compliments months later is the greatest sign that the food was, as we had hoped, out of this world wonderful. Laurrapin also provided the petite desserts as well, which can only be characterized as phenomenal! What a sight to behold when they were displayed! Throughout the evening Sherifa just kept everything going smoothly...she was thoughtful, calm, professional & most of all completely sweet to everyone who encountered her. I can also say the same about the entire Laurrapin staff - you will not find a better caterering team for your event. The Laurrapin staff seemed to really enjoy working together as a team; they were completely helpful and considerate to our guests (ensuring that everyone had what they were asking for or looking to try) - and just professional to the highest degree. But the food...Ah-Mazing! We wholly endorse and strongly urge you to hire the Laurrapin for your next catering event. Our wedding was a huge success & delight for us, our families and guests and we have to say it was in large part due to the deliciousness and quality of our food, the level of service and detail Laurrapin showed toward our guests, and the bright, joyful team of the Laurrapin. All our best & many thanks & hugs from Kristin, (Big G) George and all 7 of our kiddies to Sherifa, Bruce, Janice and the Laurrapin team! Love you guys a bunch!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Emily · Married on 12/28/2012

The Laurrapin has been one of my favorite restaurants in Havre de Grace. When my husband and I were looking for the perfect place to have our wedding reception (Residence's at Bulle Rock is where we chose) I was so happy to see the Laurrapin on their list of preferred caterers. I called them immediately and was introduced to Sherifa who was so kind and such a dear to work with. We made an apt for our taste testing and before we knew it, our menu was ready! Leading up to the wedding, Sherifa and her staff helped us so much in tweaking our menu and also going over the layout of where things would go at the reception venue. I can't tell you what a help Sherifa was to me in making our wedding day so memorable. We had crab cakes and filet which was made on site and do you know how hard it is to prepare a piece of meat for 170 guests to their liking? Well the Laurrapin did it and to this day i am still getting comments from our guests on how delicious the food was. The bartenders were so respectful and nice to our guests and they conducted themselves in a very professional way. I want to thank Sherifa, Bruce and all of their staff for putting on a great presentation for us on our wedding day. I could not have done it without you guys!!

Love,

Emily and Matt

Sent on 01/30/2013

When we decided to have our wedding reception at LaBanque in Havre de Grace we knew immediately that we wanted Laurrapin to do our food. What I didn't expect was that they would help me coordinate everything else as well. They made everything easy, from helping with the flow of the event though coordinating our rentals for us, and setting up and tearing down the event. They were fabulous and had wonderful ideas about how to make our wedding day special.

And lets not forget our food. The food at our wedding was awesome. We are still getting compliments over a month later from our guest about how good the food was. One of our guests told us they had been to 12 wedding in the past year and don't remember the food at any of them. But they told us there was no way they would forget our food.

Sent on 01/30/2013

When we first heard about Laurrapin, we decided to eat lunch at their restaurant (Laurrapin Grille). After our meal, we knew that we wanted Laurrapin to cater our wedding.

Laurrapin went above and beyond all of our expectations. The biggest reason why my husband and I could relax and have so much fun at our wedding was because of Sherifa and Janice. They helped us plan all of the meticulous details so that we had nothing to worry about. After we signed our contract, Sherifa introduced us to Bruce (the chef) and they helped his figure out the table arrangement at our reception venue (at La Banque de Fleuve). Janice facilitated the rentals and made sure that we did not miss anything.

During the reception, Sherifa somehow always magically appeared at the right time. At the start of the reception, the venue was packed and there was no way for us to move through the crowd to get our champagne glasses for the toasts, but Sherifa must have read our minds because as soon as we entered, she was making her way towards us with our champagne glasses. After dinner, people started eating the cupcakes when they were not supposed to yet (since we had cupcakes instead of a cake). Sherifa replenished the cupcake tower and guarded it so that it would look perfect for the pictures.

Now for the most important part – the food. It was the most important aspect of the wedding for us. We compared Laurrapin’s prices (and the quality of the food) to other caterers and there just was no contest. When we told Sherifa that we wanted seafood jambalaya as one of our entrees, she took on the challenge with the chef and created a beautifully plated dish that surprised us at our tasting. All of the food was phenomenal and all of our guests commented on how they never thought that wedding food could taste good until our wedding. Two months later, people are still talking about the beef sliders and butternut squash ravioli.

Sent on 01/31/2013

Jason · Married on 10/13/2012

Prior to our wedding day, one of our friends suggested that someone will step up and help us ensure that we are properly prepared for our big day. From our first meeting with Sherifa in March, to our wedding day, she was the person who made sure we were completely prepared. One week before the wedding, Janice reviewed our entire rental contract and made sure we were aware of items that were missing or miscalculated. Sherifa was there bright and early on our wedding day to make sure the rental company delivered all the items. She then went to work in setting up the tables and decorating. The tables and center pieces were beautiful! Sherifa stayed for the entirety of our wedding, making sure we adhered to the schedule, and most importantly, made sure we ate. After our wedding, the guests all remarked on how wonderful the food was. From the start to the finish, Laurrapin was an excellent caterer and we would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/08/2012

The Laurrapin Grille has been my favorite restaurant for a number of years. Then an extremely handsome man asked me out on a date, and unbeknownst to him, took me to my favorite restaurant for dinner... 6 months later we celebrated our 1/2 year anniversary there... 3 years later we stopped in to snap a few engagement photos at the bar and shortly after we booked them as the caterer for our wedding!

I never thought a restaurant could mean so much to me as the Laurrapin does. We didn't think twice about who would cater our wedding, we went to no other venues. We called, we tasted (for fun we know we love their food) and we booked.

Sherifa (wife and owner) and her team provided outstanding catering service at our wedding, and Bruce (husband and owner) provided a tasty meal that people still yearn for. The Laurrapin prides itself with its local connections to farms, and even grow their own vegetables. All of these little details meant so much to us. Not to mention, the price is too-good-to-be-true, especially considering the quality and professionalism.

Sherifa's attention to detail and care for your event is wonderful and comforting. We knew we were in good hands. We had an outdoor event, and because of iffy-weather, Sherifa arrived earlier than planned to get a head start and to make sure all of the little details were tended to. When her staff arrived, well to be honest I don't even remember seeing them! Not because I chose to ignore them, but because they were so swift and good at their job, they were like quick-footed-catering-ninjas! Our wedding was beyond memorable, and our favorite restaurant helped make that a possibility-with the amazing food, set up and details, and wonderful service. Book them book them book them, if they are still available! Thank you LG!! You all rock!!

Sent on 11/05/2012

SARA · Married on 08/04/2012

The food and service were fantastic. All the guests made comments about how delicious the food was. We were able to enjoy the wedding and everything was taken care of.
    When figuring out the menu and at the tasting Happy to make any changes we wanted and had very good ideas.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Christina · Married on 06/23/2012

My wedding day could not have been more amazing and beautiful without the help of the Laurrapin esp. Sherifa, Bruce and Janice. From the food, to the coordination, to the display of the entire event, it was all so perfect; not to mention I had to change some things last minute and it was never an issue.

They worked with me step by step and were never close minded about my ideas. For example I am German and my husband is Austrian, we wanted to represent that part of us with a Bavarian food display which was never a question to put together; and the authenticity of the food itself was right on.

Coordination was easy as they punctually contacted my other vendors to ensure the timing was right and the inventory was up to date. They saved me a few hundred dollars with a rental place after they found the inventory was more than necessary; details that I didn't have time to review over or just couldn't see myself.

So many of my guests have said to my family, my husband and myself how it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to and I have to thank the Laurrapin crew for all of that!! I would recommend them to any woman who feels lost in putting her wedding together.
    they will take the weight off your shoulders and allow you to enjoy the planning a bit more than expected!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2012

Laurrapin did an amazing job with my daughter's wedding. Between providing a wonderful menu for the event, and amazing service before, during and after the event, I could not have asked for a better caterer. The staff was responsive, kind, and very, very helpful. The guests raved about the food! They truly made the wedding a memorable event for all of us.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Chelsea · Married on 06/10/2012

From the beginning, when we first sat down with Janice and Sharifa to discuss our interest in using their catering and location, until the day of of our wedding, we could not have been more pleased with their services. We had a very small wedding of about 33 people including myself and the groom and we had our reception at the Laurrapin Grille. The staff was very accommodating (we had kids who were too picky for what we had chosen, a guest with a food allergy, and it was very hot during the ceremony outside so to say the least upon arrival everyone was very thirsty) and friendly. Throughout the entire process, any questions or concerns I had were responded too quickly, and they were very considerate of our budget, always working with us and offering suggestions to stay within the range we initially set. The food was spectacular!!!! Even though we had a small group, we had quite the variety of flavor pallets and without a doubt, everyone was more than satisfied with the quality (and quantity) of the food. They did a spectacular job and I can not praise the Laurrapin Grille and their staff enough. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone for use of their catering on or off-site.

Sent on 06/30/2012
  • DJ Frank Marsden

Frank · Married on 06/02/2012

The Laurrapin is amazing! Food were awesome! Perfect, perfect, perfect. They are the best, look no further!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Amy · Married on 05/20/2012

Our wedding reception was incredible! The whole experience of working with the catering coordinating team (who my husband now refers to as the “Dynamic Dou”) was a lovely one. From the moment we sat down with Janice and Sherifa I felt relaxed; all the stress of planning a wedding went away. Not only do they create a menu of f of your vision, they help guide you in the right direction. They understand the importance of giving you what you want on your wedding day. At the actual reception the entire staff was friendly and full of smiles; everything was executed according to plan. People couldn’t stop talking about the food; we are still receiving emails from people saying the food was the best they have ever experienced at a reception. They even went out of their way to pack up our decorations for us. Thank you so much! No matter where you are getting married, WE highly recommend the Laurrapin cater your reception…the whole experience from beginning to end was Simply Amazing!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Vanessa · Married on 05/06/2012

When it came time to pick a caterer for my wedding I knewn automatically it had to be Larripin. I am an import to Maryland from New Jersey and havent found a place I like more than Larripin here in Maryland! My wedding day experience with Larripin was wonderful! Sherifa, Janice, Bruce and all the staff were excellent and fun to be with. I LOVED the bartender! Everyone at the wedding was blown away at the quality and deliciousness of the food. I had some people that had food allergies and Larripin made sure to fully accomodate them in each course of the meal. I couldnt have had a better experience and thier attention to detail made my wedding day perfect! They also concocted a signature drink for my husband that we LOVED; so many people raved about it! I HIGHLY recommend Larripin for any function. EXceptional!!!! I <3 Larripin
    Vanessa and John (newlyweds)

Sent on 06/14/2012

Rebecca · Married on 03/10/2012

Sherifa Clarke and Bruce Clarke run Laurrapin Grille in Havre de Grace. The food at their restaurant is fantastic, so we knew they were a sure bet for our wedding. They were super flexible with our stations idea and cocktail hour, and the food received compliments from all our guests (the bride got to eat too!). Definitely get the crab cake on fried tomato and local sliders passed hors d'oeuvres. They also do seated dinners, but I thought their station ideas were great - they even roasted a suckling pig for our Puerto Rican station, which got high marks from our guests from PR! Laurrapin is extremely flexible with alcohol plans, and I was truly amazed at how affordable they were (our costs were 1/2 here than anywhere else we looked). They and their staff are extremely pleasant and professional - I'd use them again without question.

Sent on 03/31/2012

Cheri · Married on 10/15/2011

I've lived in Havre de Grace for 5 years and I knew when we decided to get married in HdG that Laurrapin was my first choice for a catering. They have the best food in town hands down. Sherifa and Bruce are so fun to work with. Sherifa really loves her job and it shows. My fiance and I weren't really sure what we wanted, but we gave her a direction and a price point and she came up with some fantastic ideas! The day went off without a hitch and my guests LOVED the food.

I would highly recommend Laurrapin for your catering needs! My best friend loved them at my wedding so much she chose them for her wedding this December. I'm looking forward to being a guest this time!

Sent on 04/06/2012

Laura · Married on 10/02/2011

Laurrapin Grille has been my husband and I's favorite restaurant for quite some time, so it seemed obvious that we would use them to cater our wedding. And, of course, they did not dissappoint!!! Sherifa Clarke and her staff were absolutely fantastic and the food was absolutely amazing!! We were married in October, and we decided to go with seasonal foods. We had a butternut squash ravioli, a carving station that included fresh salmon, beef tenderloin, and turkey. We had a buffet set up and it worked out perfectly. Sherifa was very flexible and really helped coordinate my whole wedding. People are still talking about how great the food at our wedding was!!! For me, that was the most important part, and the price was so reasonable. We continue to eat at Laurrapin regularly and will be forever grateful to Sherifa and her staff for making my wedding so memorable!!

Sent on 04/02/2012

Brigitte · Married on 09/12/2011

It is amazing when you find two people who care so much about the product they provide. Bruce and Sharifa take time to work with their clients through every step of the catering process. I have the pleasure of working with them with many events in Havre de Grace. Each and everyone has been unique and delicious. I know that I have no worries every-time they are involved in a event.

When it came time time to plan my wedding it was easy to decide who I would have to impress my family with the wonderful menu done by Laurrapin Grille. I urge you to get in touch with them for your next occasion.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Ken & Kim · Married on 09/10/2011

When we got engaged we had decisions to make such as where and when but one thing we knew for sure was who would cater. The Laurrapin has outstanding food as well as an accommodating staff. From start to finish Sherifa walked us through every step of the way and was very knowledgable and flexible. She cared about our vision and made it happen. We had passed appetizers and stations which worked out perfectly for our intimate outdoor wedding. The food was amazing and all of our guests were impressed and well cared for. Sherifa and Bruce were a pleasure to work with. Sherifa goes above and beyond the call of duty. She even picked up our ice and cupcakes so we did not have to fit that in to our schedule. They have the gift of hospitality as well as being organized and focused that left us with no worries on our wedding day. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Pamela · Married on 05/14/2011

The Laurrapin was a MAGNIFICENT caterer! They had expert advice about any and everything food and drink related. Their professionalism was out of this world. Their ability to meet with me, my daughter and son-in-law, and wedding planning was extremely conducive to our hectic schedules, and put us at ease when the process seemed to consume us. They responded to emails and phone calls instantaneously and always offered wonderful advice. They listened to our idea of the perfect wedding and made it POSSIBLE. They offered many selections and let us pick and choose how we wanted our cocktail hour and dinner. They even came up with a signature drink! Their prices were unmatched and provided a high quality and reasonably priced meal.

The Laurrapin helped us to relax in the days leading up to the wedding because of their outstanding reputation. I would without a doubt use the Laurrapin not only to caterer weddings but ANY future events. No words can ever express my sincere gratitude to them for making the wedding day seamless.

Sent on 04/02/2012
  • Lydia

Lydia · Married on 08/05/2017

The Laurrapin’s services were, in a word...a dream! They were awesome. It was very important to us to patronize a local business with a wide variety of options. Their catering managers worked with us closely in our menu selections, assisting with choosing the perfect blend of options for our guests. Rather than just the cliche wedding options, there were delicious and interesting cocktail hour and meal choices. They also were so helpful in coordinating table/linen/etc rentals and keeping everything moving on the day of, in stride with the venue coordinator. Our guests still can’t stop raving about how much they enjoyed everything. The Laurrapin’s services on our day are a big part of the memories we will cherish for years to come!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/24/2015

I'm having a hard time finding where to start complimenting Laurrapin Catering. They were OUTSTANDING! It started with my husband's and my meeting with Sherifa, where she helped us create the original, fun, non-" wedding food" menu we were craving. Where else can you get tomato soup with mini grilled cheese, shrimp and grits and Brussels sprouts bruschetta at the cocktail hour and braised short ribs and fried chicken as entrées? All made with locally-sourced ingredients! Janice was remarkable as the catering manager. She was so helpful, especially during the hectic week before the big day. The reception was set up beautifully, better than I could ever imagine! And the food on the day of the wedding was just amazing. Everyone raved about dinner; I am still getting compliments days later. Every detail was taken care of, right down to the warm apple cider at the bar! The service staff was friendly, helpful and just on point the entire night. I could not have asked for a better caterer!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Kyle · Married on 10/11/2015

I hired the Laurrapin to cater my wife and I's rehearsal dinner for 39 guests. Janice, the catering manager, was very helpful and great to work with on the event. In the beginning, there were some times when communication would drop off on their end when I was trying to get an initial contract signed, but as Janice assured me, it would all be perfect, and it most certainly was. Once we got within a few months of our event, Janice was spot on with timely and clear communication. She was able to work within my established budget and provide an exceptional stations style dinner for our guests. Guests raved about the quality of the food, and many of them had three or four servings from each station. The staff working on the day of our event were also very professional, helpful, and extremely pleasant.

Sent on 10/13/2015