Laurrapin Caters Reviews

Laurrapin Caters 1
Laurrapin Caters 2
Laurrapin Caters 3

Danielle · Married on 10/25/2014

Laurrapin catered my wedding in Rising Sun, MD, and was one of the easiest and best decisions I made. The food was of the best quality, and all of my guests were raving about it. We had a somewhat unique venue, and Janice and her staff at Laurrapin were very accomodaing and willing to go "outside the box" with some of our requests. Instead of a cake we opted to go with a dessert table, and they set everything up beautifully. I'm so glad we got to take the extra desserts home because they were incredible! Not only is the food amazing, but the service is outstanding. Janice was quick to answer my questions, and was easy to work with, especially concerning last minute changes.

Sent on 11/03/2014

THERESA · Married on 10/04/2014

The food is amazing and the staff is very professional.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Kristin · Married on 10/04/2014

Hands down - Sherifa was the best! She was so professional, we had many guests comment on how wonderful she was. She thought of everything to maintain flow of the day, including starting hot apple cider and coffee with dinner when it got chilly outdoors. And...of course...the Laurrapin food was AMAZING! We opted for the buffet option so we could have chef's carving stations - that way everything was at its freshest and guests could try as they like and select portions. Laurrapin Grille will go down as one of our favorite wedding day decisions!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Daria · Married on 09/13/2014

We got married on September 13. Laurrapin catered our wedding and I cannot say enough good things about them. They made our day perfect!

We got married on my sisters farm, which meant that we were responsible for all the rentals and vendors ourselves. Laurrapin set up all the rentals of our tables, chairs, etc. and included it in their contract so I just had to pay Laurrapin and they took care of the rest of the vendors, and that was a huge relief.

We started with a tasting which was a much better experience than the others. Janice (and Sherifa) would bring us a dish, tell us what it was and then walk away so my husband and I could try it and talk about what we liked and didn't like without the pressure of them sitting with us to hear our opinions.

We had a few hiccups leading up to our wedding and I'm so glad we had Laurrapin. For our tent, a floor through out and sides were non-negotiable because of the farm. About two weeks before our wedding Janice called to tell me that the rental company I had put a deposit down with for tent (and floor) a year before had sold their flooring during the year and no longer carried it. While I was having a small panic attack, Janice told me she had priced it out with other rental companies they work with and had a quote for me to go over at our meeting the next day. She also got the first rental company to apply my deposit to the rental of tables and chairs so I didn't lose any money.

The day of the wedding we were having problems with the power (blowing fuses in the house/barn) and Janice kept reassuring me they would handle it - and they did. And the rest of the night was perfect.

The food was amazing, our guests loved it. I recommend Laurrapin to everyone I know looking for a caterer. The value is unbeatable for the amazing food and out of this world service.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Best food and service I have ever had! Truly and Sincerely I say this, I love Laurrapin Grille and it was a perfect fit for my wedding day. I wouldn't have picked anyone else. The staff there is amazing, truly professional with all smiles. The appetizers, entrées, desert bar, I can't even begin to describe the sensation my taste buds felt with every bite. I highly recommend using them for any special occasion. My favorite food of the day were their bacon wrapped scallops, and their flat iron steak was mouth watering. All of my guests loved the food, I didn't have one complaint about anything! During cocktail hour it was much appreciated to have hand served appetizers, and staff walking around serving everyone while they were mingling. All I can say is Laurrapin Grille is just wonderful, over the top!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Laurrapin Grille provided the most epic, delicious meal for our wedding. We had cocktails and hors d'oeuvres (bison sliders, watermelon & feta skewers, mini crabcakes, bruschetta), followed by a barbecue feast (pulled pork & roast suckling pig, grilled chicken, fresh peach & arugula salad, potato salad, coleslaw, avocado & tomato salad, cornbread & rolls). The food was better than we had even dreamed possible: incredibly, fabulously delicious. Our guests raved about the food, and continue to gush to us how much they loved it, now 6 months out from the wedding. The catering consultant was delightful to work with: very professional and effective, very nice, very flexible and willing to work with us. We cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Liz · Married on 07/05/2014

Laurrapin Grille catered my daughters wedding and welcome party. From the food to the service, it was wonderful. The staff is professional , thoughtful and personable. The menu they came up with was beyond out expectations. We did a tapas menu of short ribs, flatbreads to pulled pork sliders . Wonderful risotto , mushroom ravioli with spinach cream sauce, and stuff mushrooms. Desserts were small cheesecake, key lime pie and chocolate mousse. Guest raved about the menu. I can't say enough about Lauurapjn!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Audra · Married on 06/21/2014

Janice and Sherifa both did a phenomenal job for our wedding reception. At first I thought their policy of having you pick a rough draft menu before doing a tasting was strange but after we got to try everything, it made so much more sense. I had a great idea of exactly what we would be getting if we went with them after just the second meeting. It really helped me become decisive instead of changing my mind 20 times.
    We ate at the restaurant twice prior to the wedding and both times the service and quality of food was stellar. They did nothing less for our wedding- Our guests raved about the food and the display. We had 4 passed hors d'oeuvres (bacon wrapped scallops, mozzarella tomato bruschetta, prosciutto wrapped asparagus & duck confit) and Janice sent over our own server with trays of them so all of the wedding party could have some and did not miss out while taking pictures. They also brought us over a tray of our signature drinks. We even had a display of various meats, cheeses and jams which tasted as delicious as it looked elegant.
    For dinner, we went with a seated, plated duet of crab cake and chicken (The chicken was stuffed with cheese, prosciutto, spinach and tomato but I forget what it was called) with sides of roasted fingerling potatoes and satueed seasonal veggies, after a summer apple gorgonzola salad. Again, we had the same server coming to check up on us periodically to make sure we didn't need anything and if we did, she got it for us immediately. The meal was delicious and I am so happy we ended up being able to enjoy it and didn't get pulled in 20 different directions by guests.
    We had some issues come up with our venue (including having to move our ceremony forward an hour 3 weeks before the big day!!!) and not only did Janice ensure that they were there on time to take care of everything, she also made me feel better about the last minute changes by treating it as no big deal.

Sent on 07/05/2014

Rebecca · Married on 06/13/2014

Wow, What can I say? Janice, from Laurrapin catering was one of the "bright spots" in our wedding planning venture! As stressful as it can be coordinating all the details, she
    was calm, accommodating, cheerful, professional and helped us KNOW we were going to have a great wedding reception. It absolutely was! We are particular and wanted a caterer with not only high marks for food but other important areas as well. They delivered in every way from the "tasting" through the planning meetings to the end result. There were smiles and helpful attitudes from the staff and their displays were beautiful. Our guests were "wowed" from the time they arrived with servers passing through with delicious
    hors d'oeuvres trays and drinks. Then the sit down dinner was over the top. Ending with beautiful dessert assortments wrapped up the evening on such a high note. Our guests remarked on how wonderful the food was and we can't thank Laurrapin enough for making it such a reception to remember!

Sent on 07/03/2014

We used Laurrapin as the caterer for our wedding reception and they were fantastic! Janice was such a joy to work with and made the process very easy. We were very particular with our vision for the reception, and they did a great job seeing our vision and making it happen.

The food was AMAZING! Janice was so sweet to work with us on our menu, and they did a great job of providing alternatives for guests with special dietary needs (we had one vegetarian and several gluten free plates needed). Out of all the vendors used for our wedding, Laurrapin was the favorite! We honestly cannot say enough about this company or Janice!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Guests are still raving about the food. We had a high end cocktail party with passed around food all night long as well as 2 stations.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Amber · Married on 03/08/2014

The Laurrapin was our favorite vendor from our wedding. We used to live in Havre de Grace, so we'd frequent the restaurant pretty often. When we learned that Sherifa and Bruce(the owners) did catering too, it wasn't really a question of who to book for our wedding. Janice was our main point of contact. She quickly responded to emails and phone calls, and was very flexible with us. On the day of the wedding Janice kept everyone organized and running according to schedule.

I would recommend the Laurrapin to anyone. Whether your event has 500 people or 50, the Laurrapin can cater to your budget, style, and size. When we received our contract, everything was broken down into groups, so you really knew where the money was going. For our wedding we chose the Salmon en Croute and the Chicken Fricassee. We've had the same salmon dish at the restaurant, and it was exactly the same on the day of our wedding. Even with mass production of these dishes, quality was never sacrificed.

Even if you find a cheaper vendor, think twice about it. The Laurrapin will provide a lot more than food at your event.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Alex · Married on 02/15/2014

Usually when asked to recommend a product or service I can be a bit hesitant unless I know specifically what someone is going to use it for. I mean, it worked well for me, but how am I to know if it'll be right for you?

Sometimes, and it's rare, there is a product or a service that you can recommend without hesitation or qualification, without worrying about what someone else might be looking for. Laurrapin is one of those companies that I can recommend, knowing full well that they'll deliver for you.

We used them to cater a non-traditional wedding, one that involved newlyweds well into their fifties with close to a dozen grown children between us. We wanted our food to help create a certain "atmosphere". From the start, Janice and Sherifa worked hard to come up with a menu that was tailored exactly to what we were looking for. What impressed us about our early meetings was that they listened more than they talked and when they came back to us with recommendations they really nailed things. I can't describe how unique and personalized a menu they created, incorporating foods from various ethnic backgrounds of family members and finding really unique ways of presenting it.

At the actual event, they delivered beyond our wildest expectations. Communication leading up to the wedding was perfect and timely, setup was not only done exactly as we wanted but they worked around a serious winter weather event and set up a couple of days early so that we could minimize any disruptions. Their service staff was fantastic and the food both presented and tasted EXACTLY as it did at our private tasting event. Janice made sure that Laurrapin delivered just as they had promised.

We have had so many comments since our wedding about how incredible the food and service was. Perhaps the greatest compliment, and the highest recommendation we can make, is that we've already started trying to figure out what our next event can be that will involve Laurrapin Caterers!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Shannon · Married on 10/19/2013

Laurrapin's food is absolutely delicious! Even guests that attended the wedding told us it was the best wedding food they ever had! I couldn't have been happier! Food is such an important part of family gatherings for us, so having Laurrapin deliver such outstanding quality thrilled us. Janice was amazing to work with! She took care of so many things and completely understood our vision, executing it perfectly! She went above and beyond, eliminating us from having to incur the cost of a wedding planner. Unfortunately, we didn't know about this restaurant prior to our search for caterers, but we make the 1 1/2 round trip at least once a month now to dine there!

Sent on 11/06/2013

There aren't enough words for how wonderful Laurrapin was to work with! From the first meeting to the last moments of the wedding their team provided top notch customer service. I don't know what I would have done without Janice and Sharifa.

They not only helped us arrange a menu the fit our wishes as well as our budget, but also helped with all of our rentals. They are not only a caterer, but in my experience, a wonderful planner!

Their attention to detail was much a appreciated and couldn;t have been better! I did not want beer bottles to be handed out at my reception and they made sure to have all alcohol poured into glasses and not a single bottle left the bar, not even at the FOB's request!

For the quality of service and DELICIOUS food we received I would say the cost is much lower than what they coudl be charging! If you don't use them as your caterer you will be missing out on A LOT!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2013

Janice and Sherifa were great to work with from the get go. They met with us at our venue and listened to all of our ideas. The chef was on board with helping us create a 1950’s style BBQ themed wedding. We wanted BBQ themed food, but with a twist. The Menu ended up being perfect from the short ribs to the potato salad and corn on the cob! Throughout the whole process they were easy to get in touch with and reliable.
    The day of the wedding was so stressful for me as a bride and they were so flexible and supportive. Our ceremony was supposed to be at the Concord Point light house at 5pm and it started to down pour at 4:45pm. The whole team of Laurapin went into overhaul to get things set. They had extra staff come over to help set up and everything came together perfectly. We were able to have the ceremony and reception under the tent outside of the Spenser Silver Mansion! It continued to pour the entire wedding and their staff was soaked. I felt so awful but there was not one complaint from any of them! My guests raved over the food and service.
    Things could have gone so wrong with the torrential down pour. It could have been a disaster. I cannot thank Laurapin enough for their hard work and smiles throughout the whole experience. It made our day. If you are looking for a company that works hard, makes delicious food and is willing to be flexible under any circumstance, you need to get in touch with Laurapinn. For Serious.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Heather · Married on 09/21/2013

I found out about Laurrapin on Wedding Wire, back in the stressful days of wedding planning and looking for our caterer was, I'll be honest, something I dreaded.

I grew up in Harford County, and thought it was of the utmost importance to foster a local company for the most special moments of my families' lives. We decided to have the wedding at my parent's home. We met with Sherifa-- she was calm, focused, warm and friendly, and we knew it was the perfect fit for us and our big day.

We started with a meeting with my mother, myself, and Sharifa and Janice. These ladies are worth more than their weight in gold. They helped ease my Mother's anxieties about hosting the wedding at her home, plan a menu that will, I guarentee, be talked about for a long time amongst my family and friends, and, were so flexible about changes, adaptations to our needs, the serving, and all the details.

A few days before our outdoor (very) rainy wedding, we decided on plan B being more tents, more staff, and minor changes with the walk-through map. They brought Bruce, the chef who made the most delishous food I've ever had at a wedding, more staff, a wonderfully positive attitude, and a calm nature to get it done at any cost. They were wonderful, beyond amazing at providing appetizers for my groom and I during pictures, prepared us dinner plates for our sweetheart table, and always asked if we needed anything at all.

I can't stress enough how much our guests loved the food either.

If you want to be the best, you go the extra mile. Laurrapin should be commended how much they contributed to making it such a beautiful event, despite the rain. They eased my poor mother's stress, and we will be going back again to thank them in the future. Sherifa and Bruce, we wish you all the success you deserve. Future clients, you will not be disappointed, at all, and you will try to describe how wonderful they were to you, of that I am sure. We loved them...

Sent on 10/05/2013

jennie · Married on 09/14/2013

We recently used Laurrapin as our caterer's for our wedding that was held on September 14, 2013. They did an amazing job. Janice listened to all the ideas my husband and I had and was able to accomplish exactly what we wanted.

The food is amazing. People say the bride and groom don't get to eat dinner but we made it a priority as we knew how amazing all the food would be. We had family style services which encouraged everyone to sit down together and share the experience of eating local, wonderfully cooked food.

Sent on 09/28/2013

Nicholas · Married on 09/14/2013

After being loyal customers of the restaurant, we decided on Laurrapin to cater our backyard wedding of 113 guests. Needless to say, their food is outstanding, some of the best in Maryland by far. But their catering services go above and beyond the food that they serve.

From the time we first met with Janice and Sherifa, to the initial tasting, to the day of the event, everything was fantastic. They listened to our ideas, helped us develop a wonderful ‘down-home’ menu and helped us take care of every detail of our wedding. We decided early on that we wanted fried chicken. Laurrapin came through with some of the best we’ve ever had. Despite our somewhat complicated request to have the meal served family style, everything was served promptly, hot, and in plentiful quantities that continued to be replenished as it was eaten. They also exceeded our expectations by providing their own serving platters for each of the dishes on every table, at no cost.

Additionally, they helped us arrange and manage the event, set everything up, guided us in designing a bar menu that would make everyone happy, figured out what rentals we would need, and made sure that everything was cleaned up for the rental company. This last part is exceptional because they left our grounds virtually spotless.

When hosting a wedding at your own venue there are a lot of details to consider. Laurrapin was totally comfortable in this environment. They scouted the property and developed a plan that would work for the entire day. One of the best aspects of their service was that they needed very little in terms of space or resources to execute all of their services. Where other caterers made exuberant demands or discouraged our ‘family-style’ setup, Laurrapin embraced the opportunity to impress us.

I cannot stress enough what great value and peace of mind Laurrapin provided for our wedding. They definitely helped make our wedding an event that we, and our guests, will never forget.

Sent on 10/01/2013

My husband and I got married in September and the Laurrapin did an amazing job catering our wedding! Supporting local farming is very important to me, so when I found the Laurrapin, who provides local produce and meats at a reasonable price, I was sold. The food was so wonderful! My guests were raving that this was the best food they have ever eaten at a wedding. Many of them asked about the restaurant so that they could visit in the future. The service that was provided was spectacular. Sherifa and Janice were so helpful with both the preparation and the service on the day of and the staff was fantastic. Because my family and I decorated the venue ourselves, my family and friends who stayed after the wedding to clean up have not stopped complimenting how helpful the staff members were during the clean up and how professionally they conducted themselves. I am just so please with how everything went and I would definitely recommend the Laurrapin to anyone!

Sent on 09/26/2013

David · Married on 07/19/2013

We had the Laurrapin Grille cater our reception in July 2013 and are so happy we did! The food was fantastic, the service was exceptional and the presentation was beautiful. We truly cannot say enough positive things about Laurrapin. Our guests are still raving about our celebration and saying how delicious the food was. The attention to detail shared by Sherifa and Janice helped relieve some of our concerns for a perfect evening. We both agree that we would not change anything from the service or food. The flexibility of Laurrapin helped us stay within our budget without lacking anything we desired. Thank you to Sherifa and Janice for making everything so perfect! We highly recommend Laurrapin for your catering services. Our experience from beginning to end was outstanding!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/22/2013

We had the Laurrapin cater our wedding and are so happy we did! The food was fantastic, the service was exceptional and the presentation was beautiful. We truly cannot say enough positive things about the Laurrapin. My guests are still calling and saying how delicious the food was and many say it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. We only wish we could enjoy it all over again! Thank you to Sherifa & Janice for making everything so perfect!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Susan · Married on 06/22/2013

My daughter got married this past June and at the beautiful Donaldson Brown Mansion in Port Deposit, MD. The Laurrapin was highly recommended by this venue. We met with Sherifa and set up a tasting. Needless to say, the food was amazing! We didn't have to look further....we wanted the Laurrapin and could not have been more pleased. The Laurrapin team went above and beyond to make my life easier during the stressful wedding planning process! Since this was an outside event, they gave me a list of everything that we would need for the event....the number of tablecloths, plates, forks, spoons, glasses, etc.....all I had to do was forward it to the tent and party supply company. It was like having a caterer and wedding planner all in one. The Laurrapin make sure every little detail was perfect. I had a lot of touches to add to the tables and they followed through with each detail. They also offered to help the florist set up. They were willing to do whatever was needed to make sure we had a perfect day. We decided to have a dessert table instead of a wedding cake. I asked Janice and the Laurrapin team if they would set up the table after dinner. I gave them minimal instructions and they set it up beautifully, beyond my expectations. They just did an amazing job. The entire staff was fantastic....they were all so kind and professional....we never felt rushed. Several of our guests even commented on how wonderful the staff was. The Laurrapin also made sure that my daughter and the entire bridal party were well cared for. They had drinks and appetizers for them immediately following the ceremony and during pictures. Sherifa and Janice always returned my calls and emails and answered any question, big or small. They were truly a pleasure to work with and their execution was flawless! Thanks again to Sherifa, Jancie, and the whole Laurrapin team!

Sent on 09/23/2013

christina · Married on 06/21/2013

The Laurrapin Grille catered our wedding event. Let me start by saying the food and service was phenomenal! Sherifa (co-owner) and Janice (event Manager) were a pleasure to work with; truly professional. They were very flexible and accommodating with our requests and helped us create a unique and delectable menu. We opted for station service which allowed for a wide variety of menu items (similar to Tapas) and elected for passed hours d’oeuvres. I believe we had around 15 different options. The food is top notch and the ingredients are sourced locally and served fresh (nothing frozen or processed!). They also offer vegan options. The staff provided for our wedding (servers, bartenders, bussers, etc.) were fantastic and not the typical level personnel you come to expect at catered events. Sherifa and Janice were on-site for the entire wedding and tended to every detail and our every need (making our tables beautiful even helping me with my dress when it came un-bustled!) Our guests continue to comment on how wonderful the food was. We continue to visit the Laurrapin restaurant for lunch and dinner and highly recommend them for your event!

-Christina and Tim

Sent on 07/03/2013

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2013

My husband introduced me to The Laurrapin when we first met and it was a place we really enjoyed having dinner together. We knew when we got engaged that we wanted them to cater our wedding. Bill and I worked directly with Sherifa and Janice who were both beyond amazing. Both of these ladies were wonderful and did everything they couls to help us create our special day. They helped us come up with a custom menu suited to exactly what we wanted. When we told them we didn't want a buffet or sit down dinner they suggested doing stations. Our guests absolutely loved it. They did more than just cater for us, they worked directly with out Wedding planner making sure everything was perfect. My husband and I have been married for a few months now and everyone from our wedding continues to tell us how great the food was. If you are looking for food at your wedding that is Better than your run of the mill banquet style The laurrapin is what you're looking for. From start to finish they were excellent.

Sent on 07/30/2013