92 Reviews for Laurrapin

Middle Eastern (1)
Spanish (1)
Kosher (1)
92 Laurrapin Reviews

I can't even begin to tell you how much Laurrapin exceeded my expectations! They catered my wedding about two weeks ago and it was honestly the best night of my life, mainly because of their amazing service! Seriously, from the food to the service from the staff Laurrapin completely took care of us from start to finish. They made it so that me or my husband didn't have to worry about a single thing. Sherifa and Jamie were beyond amazing and super helpful from the intiial contact to the day of the event. I couldn't have asked for a better caterer to be there on my special day and I will for sure be using them in the future!!!

Profile Picture Chris, 11/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with Laurrapin was amazing. They provided excellent service from the very beginning. I corresponded with a few different people but at the very end was working with Jaime and Sherifa. They both were great. Any time I had a question or a request, Jaime was quick to answer and was so kind. The moment I met Sherifa she put any worry I Had to rest. She was so organized and had an answer for every set up questions and idea I had. The staff and Sherifa handled everything the day of and everything looked perfect. There was a little hiccup in the linens I rented and Laurrapin handled all of it with my vendor. I had no clue! The food was delicious, the drinks were great, the staff was friendly. We are huge foodies and my husband is a chef so they had some tough critics with us and in the crowd. We were so pleased. Also, the restaurant in Havre de Grace is amazing too!!! If I had to do it all over again I would 100% choose Laurrapin as our caterer.

Profile Picture Claire, 10/6/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Southern, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Laurapin was wonderful to work with. Very easy to work with in the planning process. The food was very tasty.

Profile Picture Vicki, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I could not have asked the Laurrapin to do a better job!! I was so impressed with the staff, the display of food (taste too, Yum!), and the overall attention to detail.
The BEST part about their service is that my husband and I had our own personal waiter. We had one person solely dedicated to us to make sure we ate and drank. I don't think I would have remembered to do either if it wasn't for them. Before the wedding day itself, I even requested a full glass of water and wine be on the sweetheart table for the two of us at all times throughout the night, and every time I went back to that table my glasses were always full! This gave us a chance to have more time to spend with all our guests instead of trying to track down a drink when we needed one, so so nice!
I loved having the Laurrapin be a part of my special day - I would not change a single thing! Thank you guys, you rock!!

Profile Picture Meg, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, American, Italian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern

Sherifa, the manager, could not have been more accommodating and professional when it came to planning our day, from the food to the floor plan to even the schedule of the entire day. She responded quickly to all questions and concerns and was very knowledgable. Of the many things she went above and beyond for, she made my vision come to life regarding the cupcake and cake display we had, even though the restaurant did not supply them. She was able to work around last minute changes that were out of our control, which greatly reduced our stress. They were hands down the most involved catering company we ever could have imagined. The staff lived up to the same standard, from being professional to personable and everything in between. Our family could not stop raving about the bartenders! We would strongly recommend Laurrapin for anyone that prioritizes local ingredients and a variety of quality foods. They did an incredible job!!

Profile Picture Dawn, 8/5/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Southern, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine

Our beautiful spring wedding was catered by Sherifa and team from Laurrapin and we were OVER THE MOON with their service. Sherifa went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect (even with a few messups from the bride, me). I highly recommend them and will absolutely use them for any future catering needs!

Profile Picture Erika, 5/27/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Working with Laurrapin for our reception catering was great. We met with our consultant to determine the menu and then set up a separate tasting. When it got closer to the wedding day, our consultant met with us at our reception site to go over logistics. I loved that our consultant, Jamie, helped with figuring out the linens and colors and was able to help with the decoration setup. The food was amazing and our guest keep telling us how delicious the food was. I wish I had asked for the left-overs! Good price and they came recommended from our reception site.

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, American

Laurrapin was amazing. They took care of so much that everything went off without a hitch handling the rentals and the table set up. I was speechless when I saw how they had arraigned everything with the help of my groomsmen.

I was worried that my few friends with dietary restrictions would be something of a problem but the food they gave out to my vegan and vegetarian looked beyond amazing. They were just so fantastic.

Profile Picture Benjamin, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Laurrapin really went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. They worked with us to choose the best buffet menu for our day, and their food was so, so yummy. We had some vegetarians/vegans/people with dietary restrictions and Laurrapin made sure they all got an entree they could eat (and from what I hear, those entrees were amazing too). Our venue was a state park shelter so it was very DIY, but Janice met with us beforehand to do a walkthrough and advise us on set up, and then she and her team worked hard the morning of our wedding to not only set everything up, but make it even more beautiful than I'd even imagined. My husband and I were really well taken care of on the day of our wedding, and the Laurrapin team made sure we got to try all the appetizers even though we took pictures during cocktail hour, that we had plates made up for us so we could eat while our guests went through the buffet line, and that we always had a drink in our hand when we wanted one. I can't praise their hard work, friendly demeanor, and delicious food enough. Without Laurrapin, our perfect day wouldn't have been nearly as great!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Southern, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Clean Up, Set Up

You cannot go wrong with the Laurrapin. Janice the event coordinator has been in the business for a while. She has everything down to a science, she is organized and there to answer any question we had. Now let me tell you about the food....AAAAAAAMAZING! The taste and presentation did not match to any other vendor we looked into. Laurrapin allowed us to do a tasting prior to putting a down payment/booking with them. They were also accommodating for our request to make our own menu, Fried Chicken, mac-n-cheese, crab cakes and veggies. We did not want the typical Steak and Chicken option. Laurrapin also was more than happy to make the crab cakes using my mothers recipe, which is very important to us and our day. My mom is battling cancer as I plan my wedding, my fiance loves her crab cakes. I simply just asked Janice if they would make my moms recipe, no problem at all. They were right on, taste just likes hers! The day of our tasting my mom was not doing so well, was unable to participate in the tasting. I again simple asked Janice if we could set up another tasting down the road for my mom so that she can feel a part of the process. Janice had no problem saying YES! and we are in the works of making a special tasting for my mom! I am not kidding when I say you cannot go wrong with Laurrapin.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/10/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Laurrapin was super professional and were able to accommodate changes up until the day before the wedding. Everyone loved the food, but my favorite part was that they included set-up and clean-up of the reception in their services. They were on top of everything from the band set-up, to making sure everyone left on time so that I would not be charged a fee by the venue. It made my whole day very hassle-free. They are pros and I have not a single complaint about their work on the big day!

Profile Picture Jane, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough about how glad I am that we booked Laurrapin for our recent wedding. Janice, Sherifa, and the rest of the team were so easy to work with - creating a super unique, fun, and delicious menu within our budget. They accommodated my husband's shellfish allergy AND my pescetarian requirements. They made sure there were a couple of servers assigned to bringing food and drinks to us and our bridal party during the cocktail hour, even though we were off taking pictures - so that we got to actually enjoy the food at our wedding. They served us at our sweetheart table, even though it was buffet style. They created both of our signature cocktails perfectly. All of my guests continued to rave about the food well after the wedding. They helped me to pick out the perfect linens and china to bring my vision to life. The day ran so smoothly - I never heard about any issues because they made sure to take care of everything and just let us relax and enjoy our special day. I VERY highly recommend using Laurrapin for event catering. They were fantastic!

Profile Picture laura, 8/6/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Mediterranean, Southern, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Laurrapin and Janice are amazing!!!! They made our wedding so much fun and took away so much stress. From our first contact with them, they were easy to communicate with. They responded quickly to emails and were easy to make appointments with. Janice has an awesome personality, full of humor, but also super professional that I just found so easy to work with! She listens to all of your ideas and gives you honest input. She really understood our vision of the day and helped us reach it. Choosing a menu was really fun and the tasting was a blast. The food on our wedding day tasted exactly as good as the day of our tasting! Everyone raved about how great the food was. I cannot emphasize how delicious it was! And the presentation was beautiful. Imagine how surprised and happy I was on the day of my wedding when I saw they had added edible flowers to the plating (steak, crab cake, fingerling potatoes, asparagus). The day just kept getting better and better with them! Service on the wedding day was superb. Throughout the day, staff asked me if I needed anything. It was very reassuring! They setup and broke down the wedding like champs. Everything looked beautiful! We rented tables, chairs, linens, and tableware through them. It was magical walking into my reception and seeing everything set up so beautifully. And I think the price was very reasonable, considering everything we got! And the best bonus of all is that we can go to their awesome restaurant anytime we want for great food! Thank you Laurrapin and staff for making my wedding the best day of my life.

Profile Picture Danni, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Janice did a wonderful job every step of the way, from the earliest stages of planning to making sure everything ran smoothly on the day of the wedding. They were so flexible and accommodating to everything that came up - my husband's request for a ribeye steak entree, my mother in law's special dessert request, a separate meal for my grandfather, even a meal for a vegetarian + gluten free guest (they even brought her special gluten free versions of some of our appetizers!). The food was absolutely delicious and well presented, the linens and table settings looked just as I imagined, and Janice made sure everything was perfect. When we had our walk-through, Janice had a list of questions - lots of details I hadn't even thought of - and it was so nice to be able to relax and know everything would be taken care of. When a thunderstorm started rolling in right before our ceremony and we were considering doing our cocktail hour before the ceremony to see if the weather would clear up in time to have the outdoor ceremony we had planned, Janice was totally ready to make it happen for us. Really the Laurrapin went above and beyond our expectations. Trust me, you need Janice there on your wedding day!!

Profile Picture Liana, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, American

Laurrapin did an OUTSTANDING job with our wedding! Janice and the staff do so much more than just the catering- from coordinating to decorating etc and they do a fantastic job at all of it. We received nothing but positive feedback from all of our guests- even our guest who had food allergies, as Laurrapin provided her with her own separate (and delicious I was told!) entree! I would not hesitate to recommend Laurrapin as a restaurant and a caterer to anyone!

Profile Picture julia, 11/14/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

You can not go wrong with Laurrapin!! They have the most amazing people working their catering services. They acted as my wedding coordinators and cleaned up my venue for me, they set up and broke everything down and even decorated the tables with my centerpieces for us! They bent over backward to make sure that not only my food, but my whole wedding day and experience went off without a hitch! The food was delicious. I cannot stress that enough. Our wedding food was memorably delicious and the presentation was perfect.

My husband and I have been eating at Laurrapin Grill for years and they always provided us an amazing dining experience during our visits there, so we decided that we would pursue them for our wedding. They were very professional, experienced and knowledgeable. We had such an amazing experience with Laurrapin that we decided to have our rehearsal dinner at the restaurant the night before the big day! Buying local is important to my husband and I and if you live in the area please consider Laurrapin! I cannot rate them highly enough.

Profile Picture Angela, 10/16/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Janice and Sherifa are fabulous to work with, and made our wedding day and the preparation leading up to it a breeze. Janice ran the show the day before/of the wedding, and everything was organized and went off without a hitch. The food is phenomenal, and we received many many compliments on everything the from the appetizers to the main course. Laurrapin offers menu options outside of our typical wedding fare which was refreshing in our search. I highly recommend Laurrapin to any couple that wants to keep their guests happy by serving them delicious food!!

Profile Picture User4280078, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was wonderful and Janice was amazing. I picked a more diy venue and while the details were driving me crazy, I never once worried about the catering. Her staff perfectly put together the centerpieces, guest book, gift table, and at last minute provided a table and baskets for my programs. Towards the end when I was feeling overwhelmed, Janice would email to ask if there was anything they could do to help me become less stressed. Every detail was perfect, you definitely get much more than a caterer. In the beginning she helped tweek my menu to get into the price range that was affordable for me. On the day of the wedding, the staff was friendly and accommodating, several guests mentioned how truly nice they were. They made plates and to go boxes for me and my husband. If I could give them more than 10 stars I would!!

Profile Picture Jenny, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We loved working with Janice and the Laurrapin crew. It was easy to ask questions, figure out details, and Janice helped guide us since we're a relatively laid back couple. She knew the right questions to ask and helped narrow down our selection. She even coordinated with the other vendors and her staff put out our centerpieces, favors, and other little signs. We were able to change some things last minute and everything came out tasting wonderful. We started with meats, cheese, fruits, bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp and grits, then had steak, cod, portabella mushroom wellington with seasonal veggies, and finished with an awesome brownie and ice cream sundae bar.

Profile Picture User6105370, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

There was no other vendor that could provide what Laurrapin could for our wedding rehearsal and wedding day. My husband and I come from large families that love to eat; food was important for our wedding weekend. Laurrapin was PERFECT from day 1 until the day we said "I do." We had an initial meeting with Sherifa of Laurrapin and she helped us create a menu for our wedding day. I say create because she literally had amazing, original ideas that were perfect for my husband and I, not a set menu we had to choose from; we made lobster mac and cheese, cod fish, and so much more to go with our Cape Cod wedding theme! We did a tasting and the food was beyond amazing. We adjusted the menu until we were right on with the budget we wanted (Laurrapin will work with you until you can make your food dream a reality) and moved forward. We met with Janice for the rehearsal dinner planning and had the same exceptional experience! When our August weekend came closer, the entire Laurrapin team was at our venue discussing the best set up for food stations, table locations, timeline, and more! I met with Janice and went over all decorations for rehearsal and wedding and everything was executed perfectly. Laurrapin is so much more than an outstanding catering company. They have a passion for what they do, and were wedding planners, caterers, and friends all in one priceless package. I was so confident leading up to my wedding because I knew with the Laurrapin team the weekend would be flawless. Guests raved about the food! 2 months later and I am still hearing about how it was the best food that's ever been served at a wedding, as far as taste and presentation. I highly recommend Laurrapin :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/15/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Plated, Stations, American, Italian, Latin American, Mediterranean, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegetarian

Sherifa and her team were outstanding to work with during our quick planning. Janice, the catering manager was very responsive and had outstanding ideas. Bruce and his kitchen crew re- worked some menu items to accommodate our food restrictions . The bartenders were top notch and the guests frequently mentioned how professional yet friendly all the servers were that night. The Laurrapin will always be my go to caterers

Christy Silverstein

Profile Picture Christy, 7/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough nice things about Laurrapin Catering! I was drawn to them because of their farm-to-table approach to food and the fact that they are also a neighborhood restaurant. Janice and Sharifa were a joy to work with from start to finish. They made us feel special and well attended to from the tasting to the wedding night farewell. Our guests have not stopped talking about the "family style" service and the butternut squash ravioli! My husband and I have not stopped talking about how much we appreciated the attentiveness of their servers and Sharifa (the owner) the night of the event. We never went without food or drink and were given top priority without feeling like we were being pestered. We were also very happy to see that the cooks had accommodated our requests for alterations to the food. We still don't understand how we received such top notch service and food for such a great price. Give Laurrapin the chance to wow you, they will not disappoint!

Profile Picture User4906300, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Laurrapin catered my wedding in Rising Sun, MD, and was one of the easiest and best decisions I made. The food was of the best quality, and all of my guests were raving about it. We had a somewhat unique venue, and Janice and her staff at Laurrapin were very accomodaing and willing to go "outside the box" with some of our requests. Instead of a cake we opted to go with a dessert table, and they set everything up beautifully. I'm so glad we got to take the extra desserts home because they were incredible! Not only is the food amazing, but the service is outstanding. Janice was quick to answer my questions, and was easy to work with, especially concerning last minute changes.

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food is amazing and the staff is very professional.

Profile Picture THERESA, 10/4/14, 3 Reviews