Laurie's Bridal and Formal Reviews

Laurie's Bridal and Formal 4
Laurie's Bridal and Formal 5
Laurie's Bridal and Formal 6

Lisa · Getting married on 10/22/2019

I had the pleasure of meeting Laurie a few weeks ago on accident as I misread her website and her appointment canceled; everything happens for a reason; I felt an immediate connection. I absolutely feel in love with her and her store! I didn't buy my first time as I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for, I visited a couple of other stores in the valley and I was disappointed; I found myself comparing the people and stores to Laurie. I went back to Laurie and we tried on "The One" and I had been dealing with some personal issues; Laurie and I worked them together, she held me as I cried. You see, Laurie isn't interested in the money or the sale; her interest is in the bride and the bride only. She is interested in getting to know you, your story; she is now my friend and I can say I feel she is the "Wedding Dress Whisperer". She is not only professional, caring, funny; she is honest and in any industry honesty is something I value and look for. If you are looking for your "One" go visit Laurie! I will be ordering my hair and foot jewelry from her and only her.

Chanela · Married on 11/10/2018

Go to Laurie! She's truly the best and has your best interest at heart! She made my special day Ultra special. She put my nerves at ease. She had the best advice that anyone could offer.

Linsey · Married on 05/19/2018

After having many bad experiences looking for a custom blush veil, I found Laurie, and finally my worries were over. Hands down she has been the best part of my wedding planning experience so far. As soon as I explained the situation to her, she understood my dilemma, was honest about what and what not to expect, and found a solution that fit my vision and my budget. She is really knowledgeable about her designers and was able to work with them to create the veil I wanted. So very soon, I will have a custom blush fingertip veil with a detachable cathedral section and a blush pink ribbon edging! Thank you for everything, Laurie!

Amy · Married on 04/27/2018

Laurie is SO amazing and knowledgeable. She makes your experience so personal and special! Not to mention her awesome personality! I never felt pressured to make a purchase. She simply education me on dresses and showed me what she had to offer - no sales pitch. I'm so happy I found my dress there and I couldn't recommend this salon more!

Laurie's Bridal and Formal 7
    Laurie's Bridal and Formal 8
    Laurie's Bridal and Formal 9
    Laurie's Bridal and Formal 10
    Laurie's Bridal and Formal 11
    Laurie's Bridal and Formal 12

Emily · Married on 04/14/2018

Finding my wedding gown at Laurie's Bridal and Formal was one my best experiences to-date with wedding planning! Laurie is incredibly knowledgeable about the wedding industry, dedicated to making her clients feel totally comfortable, and also just plain fun to work with! I truly could not have asked for a better dress shopping experience, and will be recommending her business to everyone I know!

Mary Anne · Married on 04/14/2018

Laurie has to be the best in the bridal business. She made me feel very comfortable, and let me tell you, no pressure selling. I tried on at least fifteen mother of the groom dresses. I was down to two dresses that I liked the most. Laurie said to think about it and to email or call her with any questions. As we were driving home, I wanted to go back to try the dresses again. I emailed Laurie and went back the next morning, and again no pressure selling. As the matter of fact, she suggested alterations in various places of the gown, and gave me the alteration lady’s name/card who goes to her shop to take care of that. Seriously, I went to several bridal shops in the valley where the sales people were very pushy, and wanted me to try on dresses they liked not so much the customer, me. I also ordered many dresses on line from very good department stores in state and out of state without success. Thank you Laurie for making me feel very comfortable and helping me find the dress I love. I know my son will too, especially since my husband does. If anyone wants individual attention, no pressure selling, and the best collection of gowns whether bridal, bridesmaids, mother of the bride or groom, you will not go wrong with Laurie. Thank you Laurie you are the best!

B · Married on 03/10/2018

AMAZING! My Fiance and I had recently moved to AZ but we were planning our wedding for back home in CA. For a bride, the dress is one of the most important aspects of getting married and the process of finding the perfect dress can be stressful. Not being near my family, I felt like finding a dress would be near impossible and depressing. I wanted the whole "Say Yes to The Dress" feel, with my mom and bridesmaids sharing in this special moment but unfortunately it was something I would have to do on my own.. and I'm so glad I did!

My bridal appointment was ideal! I had the whole store to myself, her undivided attention, and I felt like a princess. We looked at all the different styles, colors, shapes, and special add-ons. I did not feel rushed, nor did I feel like I was alone throughout this important process. I was able to capture the moment on video to sent to my mom and bridesmaids, which was beautiful.

From the moment I walked in to the day I received my dress- everything was perfect. My Fiance and I moved to SC shortly after placing my order and Laurie went above and beyond to ensure that I would get my dress and keep my sanity.

Words cannot describe how grateful I am to the level of service and selection (limited, one-of-a-kind styles) that can be found at Laurie's Bridal. I would recommend this gem to everyone!

Brigitte · Married on 03/10/2018

Best experience! Felt comfortable and found the perfect dress STRESS FREE. I appreciate Laurie's helpfulness and would recommend her beautiful store to everyone!

Kristin · Married on 12/02/2017

Laurie was so helpful from the moment we spoke on the phone. I had a unique situation, I bought one dress a long time ago from elsewhere and fell out of love with it, and Laurie helped me find the most perfect dress that I couldn't be more excited to get married in! She is honest, genuine, and makes you feel like a family member! The whole experience was so fun and relaxed, im so happy i bought my perfect dress from her!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/19/2017

Laurie made finding a gorgeous dress within my budget so easy! I absolutely love her enthusiasm, professionalism, and innate sense of style. I felt so special and I could tell that her goal was to help me find a dress that I felt beautiful wearing.

Amy · Married on 11/18/2017

Laurie is the best!!! She treats you like family! This is the perfect shop so that you're not overwhelmed by piles of dresses but instead have the perfect selection of affordable, classy dresses that aren't just like every other dress. We found the perfect Mori Lee dress here that looks like it costs 5x what it does. Laurie is a no pressure owner who wants to please her brides. You definitely need to stop here!!!!

Lauren · Married on 11/17/2017

I had a great experience at Laurie's. This was the first place I tried on gowns and her knowledge helped me immensely. Laurie took her time with my appointment and always answered any questions I had and went above and beyond to provide excellent service. While I didn't find my dress at her shop, the experience I had was truly wonderful and would recommend checking out the shop to any bride looking for her dress.

Stephanie · Married on 10/29/2017

I am overwhelmed with how amazing my experience was with Laurie at her adorable bridal store in north Scottsdale! Laurie has years and years of industry experience. She is down to earth and is straightforward with her approach and advice. She isn't going to try to sell you a dress just to sell you a dress. She understands that everyone has different objectives when wedding dress shopping and she is there to help guide you the best she can. Laurie made me feel very comfortable and at ease with my decision. Since I was on a tight timeline, she was even willing to part with one of her samples off the rack just to make sure that I was happy! Laurie is an expert on alterations advice and will tell you what is needed and not try to oversell you. I highly recommend including Laurie's Bridal in your wedding dress shopping experience!

Haley · Married on 07/01/2017

Laurie makes dress shopping fun and easy! She took all the ideas I had and helped me find my dream dress, and I am ecstatic to wear it on my day!! Trying on and choosing the dresses wasn't stressful at all, and the setting of her shop is very relaxed. I felt that I was lucky, Laurie's was my first stop and ended up being all I needed; she had a great variety of styles and I definitely found the one for me. Laurie sure knows her stuff, if you pass her shop by it's your loss!

Amy · Married on 06/17/2017

My advice is go immediately!! Laurie has a great selection of not only bridal gowns, but also bridesmaid and mother-of-the-bride/groom dresses. Making an appointment was easy and fast. Laurie made me feel welcome from the moment I stepped into her salon. She has a lot of bridal experience and is very professional. We sat together for a bit discussing details and she really listened to what I wanted. The designers she carries are ones you won't find at other stores and all the dresses I tried on were well within my budget. There are private changing rooms that Laurie helped me in and out of gowns. I never felt rushed throughout the appointment and even tried on dresses more than once. I can say in all honestly that Laurie went above and beyond to help me with my dress selection.

Kelli · Married on 05/21/2017

If I could have added 50 stars I would have. Laurie is the most personable, amazing person! She was extremely helpful with my dress, her advice for accessories was right on, and she made me feel like a beautiful bride. I would go back here time and time again for any type of formal wear in the future! Her prices are reasonable and the customer service you will receive is unbelievably awesome! Everyone should shop at Laurie's Bridal for prom dresses or any type of formal wear. She will find something for you in your price range that you look great in! As you can tell, I cannot rave enough about my experience!

Jessica · Married on 05/06/2017

Finding my wedding dress at Laurie's was such a wonderful experience! Laurie is very knowledgeable and a lot of fun! She made me feel so special and made sure that the dress I found was the ONE! I highly recommend!

Lynzey · Married on 04/15/2017

I walked into Laurie's Bridal expecting to love some dresses but little did I know I would find the most beautiful dress for me possible! Laurie was so very helpful and she is so knowledable about everything. She is honest and real and true about everything she sells and she is all for making her customers happy! I truly had the most fun experience with her in finding my perfect dress and if you are wedding dress shopping, please please PLEASE go check in her store first! You won't have a better experience. I would give it 10 stars if I could!

Robyn · Married on 10/22/2016

I had such an amazing experience today at Laurie's Bridal and Formal. Laurie handpicked a couple of dresses for me that were absolutely perfect for my event! I loved both of them and ended up buying them both. My 15 year-old daughter found a beautiful dress too. The prices were extremely reasonable. Laurie is definitely knowledgeable in this field and her expertise was appreciated. I will not hesitate to return to this store and will refer anyone and everyone looking for a special occasion dress.

Jenny · Married on 04/28/2016

Laurie knows her stuff ! She found me a mother of the groom dress even before she had her doors open! Once she knew in her mind what "I" wanted, it took one dress, one fitting and out the door! Amazing ! Don't miss out on the best experience you can have! Jenny Werner

Stacy · event on: 04/13/2018

Laurie saved the day. The week of the prom my daughter decided she was going to attend. A visit to Laurie's Bridal on Friday evening, (day before the prom) could not have turned out any better. We had contacted Laurie earlier in the week to find out if any dresses were left, were told she had dresses but we were out of luck if any alterations were needed.( Of course, who expects alterations to be completed in less than 24 hours) My daughter looked through the extensive selection of beautiful dresses and chose a few to try on. After putting on a few that she had chosen,Laurie showed her a dress that was perfect. We were very lucky it fit and my daughter couldn't have been more excited and relieved. Laurie even went above and beyond, as she had told us alterations were not going to be possible but after my daughter had on the dress an alteration was needed on the straps. She contacted her seamstress who upon Laurie's request will be meeting my daughter early Saturday morning to make the dress perfect not just ok.

We cannot thank Laurie enough for her assistance, personal service and knowledge to select the best dress.

If you are looking for a shop owner who gives 100% of her attention to you and every detail for your dress Laurie is your girl. We are so pleased we decided to come to your local shop and not a big chain store. Initially I may have been scared off thinking pricing might be too high, I could not have been more wrong. Prices were reasonable and affordable.

Keep up the good work Laurie. We will be back for all future dress needs.
    Stacy & Jamie

Erin · Married on 02/09/2018

This shop is amazing. Beautiful dresses and a wonderful experience. The only thing is the shop isn't open all the time so the hours vary which could have been inconvenient. Otherwise, I would recommend EVERYONE shop here for bridesmaids, bridal, or mother of the bride dresses. My sisters, mom, and I stumbled across this store while trying to find bridesmaid dresses and I am SO beyond thrilled we found it. Once the dresses arrived, they fit the girls beautifully. I couldn't be happier and Laurie is amazing. If you are looking for a well priced, very well made dress, look no further than Laurie's! Thank you for being the best!