Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering Reviews

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 5
Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 6
Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 7

Chelsea · Married on 01/03/2015

I could not be more pleased with choosing Laurenda's to cater my wedding reception! From the beginning Laurenda and Chad were always available to meet with me and answer any questions I had! They were very prompt answering my emails and extremely flexible with me changing the menu, adding items, etc. I have never had so many compliments on food as I did that night. It was absolutely delicious! There were plenty of leftovers, and most caterers would have thrown out the leftovers, but Laurenda's allowed my mother to take it home. She was able to use all the leftover food to make lunch box's for all the shut-ins at her church and even they complimented on how wonderful the food was! Laurenda's even set up a hot cocoa bar for me for a great price and let us borrow items for my smore's bar. Not only was the food amazing, but the presentation was gorgeous as well. Laurenda's worked so hard to make the presentation just as beautiful as the wedding! At the end of the night Laurenda's packed a picnic basket full of food and cake for my husband and I to take back to our room! If you are looking for a caterer at a reasonable price with delicious food and wonderful service please look no further. Laurenda's is the caterer for you!

Sent on 01/18/2015

Chelsea,
    Thank you for all the kind words! Your reception was beautiful! It was a winter wonderland! I loved it! You are such a beautiful Bride inside & out! We try so hard to make sure everything is what you want it to be & you just made us feel part of your family!! What a wonderful way to start the new year with a Bride like you & a family like yours! Always thinking of others even on your special day! A southern Bride who blew us all away with all her charm & beauty ! Don't be a stranger come & eat with us & bring the pictures! You know how much I love those pictures!! God Bless, Laurenda & staff

Our daughter wanted fried chicken and the fixins for her wedding reception in downtown Greenville SC. In spite of a few hurdles with the venue, Laurenda's came through like a dream and was so flexible. Also, fried chicken for >200 guests is not easy to provide offsite, but we had so many compliments on how juicy and tender it was. Everything was delicious plus... they provided beautiful decor for the buffet tables to coordinate with our wedding decor. I would definitely recommend Laurenda's for catering.

Sent on 12/20/2014

Christy · Married on 11/08/2014

I loved working with Laurenda's and they helped me do exactly what I wanted for my wedding reception! The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed the meal!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you Christy! You started a new thing!! 3 more salsa bars for next years wedding receptions. It was such a joy doing your reception & all those young people that are in the ministry just blessed my heart! It was a special reception that I will always cherish! God Bless you!

Bridgett · Married on 10/25/2014

Laurenda has just got it going on! She is an angel. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to cater my wedding. She went above and beyond to have the food I wanted. Her employees were awesome too. The food was absolutely delicious, I believe the guest talked more about how good the food was more than the wedding. Thank you Laurenda for all you did! Also, I must add. My papa passed away just a few weeks ago and I walked into my grandmas house to find tons of food on my grandmas kitchen that she provided for our family! Thanks for all you have done for me and my family! I would suggest her to everybody!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Bridgett you are the Bride that every caterer dreams of!! You are the reason I love doing weddings & yours was one of my best this year! Thank you from the bottom of are hearts! And we all know how loved your Pa Pa was & He will be missed! It was a joy to feed your family at that time ! That's what I do! Don't be a stranger now. Come & eat & bring the pictures for us to see! God Bless you!

Susan · Married on 10/12/2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about Laurenda's catering. My daughter's wedding was perfect in every way, including the excellent food and service that they supplied. Laurenda, Chad and Peanut were awesome and a joy to work with! Everyone raved about the delicious food and the gorgeous wedding cake that Laurenda created! We also had enough food left over to feed many out of town guests that came to our house to enjoy the delicious food again! The bride and groom loved the basket full of goodies that they took with them on their wedding night. This staff is a special group and I truly loved working with them! I highly recommend Laurenda's for all your catering needs!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Sue,
    It was such a joy to do your daughter's reception, even with all the rain!! LOL! All your family was so much fun we had a ball. We wish they all could be this way, most people would have fallen apart but not you. True class act. Don't be a stranger!!

Thanks,
    Laurenda

Natalie · Married on 10/04/2014

So many people at the wedding talked about how amazing the food was! Thanks to laurendas! They are wonderful!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Natalie, Thanks so much for the kind words & for allowing me to do your reception! You are one of the most beautiful Brides that I have seen! IT was a beautiful reception! Your cake was perfect, the flowers perfect, your guest had such a good time! It was a perfect day. Come see us & show me the pictures!! Thanks again, Laurenda

Jenny · Married on 09/27/2014

We hired Laurenda to do our catering! Her & the chef met with us twice & fed us both times anything we wanted! On the wedding day her and her crew were very good at keeping thing moving without being seen! She made a plate for my husband and I to eat so that we wouldn't have to stand in line! She gave us all the left over food! She also packed us a basket to take with us on our honeymoon! The food was AMAZING! We would hire her again for a big event!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Jenny, Thank you for allowing us to cater your wedding reception! It was beautiful! The pictures are beautiful! I have booked 2 receptions at Lyman Lake Lodge after they saw your wedding pictures. We had such a good time! Love your family! And the review you gave us on facebook too is much appreciated. Brides like you are the reason I love doing receptions! Thanks again & come see us! Laurenda & Staff

Karen · Married on 09/20/2014

You did a fabulous job catering my daughter's wedding. From our first meeting up to the actual event, everything was perfect. The guests raved about the food and presentation. I would highly recommend you and your staff for any event. Thank you again for making our special day perfect.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, we had such a good time at your daughter's reception. It was so beautiful and elegant, come see us as soon as you can.

Thanks,
    Laurenda and Chad

Ashley · Married on 09/20/2014

Laurenda, Chad, and the whole team were wonderful! They were so professional, friendly, and welcoming. They worked with me throughout the whole process and really understood what I was looking for! The food was AWESOME!!!! Everyone raved about how great the food was! The setup was so beautiful! The cake was EXACTLY what I wanted!!! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect cake! Laurenda is the sweetest person and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding caterer!!!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Ashley, Thank you so much for all the kind words! We had such a good time at your reception! Brides like you are the reason I do what I do! Don't be a stranger! Come by the Restaurant & have Sunday Dinner with me!!

Brenda · Married on 09/13/2014

Laurendas' Catering made my Son's wedding reception GREAT! the food was delicious and displayed beautifully. Laurenda and Chad were very friendly, personable, and so easy to work with. I will definitely recommend them to others.

Sent on 09/18/2014

Anita · Married on 09/06/2014

Laurenda's Catering done a fabulous job catering my wedding reception. Before the wedding, they were great at keeping in contact and making sure I had everything I needed. The food was amazing and I could not have asked for a better caterer. I am still getting compliments about how great the food was. The display was beautiful, as well. They were also very professional. I definitely recommend them if anybody is looking for a catering service!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Aaron · event on 08/27/2014

For the second year, Laurenda's has catered for our non-profit with over 200 attendees. Their food, service and professionalism are of the highest quality.

Aaron Whitlock

Sent on 09/02/2014

Kim · Married on 08/24/2014

Wow is all I can say! Laurenfas catering did an amazing job on our daughters wedding. Great food great staff and great value. They went above and beyond to make the day great!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Brittany · Married on 08/24/2014

We were stuck in a bad situation with another caterer and Laurenda took us in and helped us out so much. I'm sure she coul tell how upset we were the day we came in and made us feel at home. She is the sweetest lady you'd ever meet, and the food was perfect. Everyone talked about how delicious it was all night. Laurenda and her head chef, Chad, were both so helpful with any questions and always willing to meet with us and make sure everything was perfect for our day.

Sent on 08/29/2014

Josh · Married on 08/24/2014

I would tell anybody that wants some amazing food to come here they were great when it came to the planing and were very helpful the whole way

Sent on 09/05/2014

Diane · Married on 08/16/2014

I would uses Laurendas again and I will be recommending them to others.The food was good and the tables were beautifully arranged. Thank you again for making my daughter day so stress free.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Joy · Married on 08/02/2014

Laurendas catered our daughters wedding and did a superb job. Not only was the food fabulous, it was also presented beautifully:) Our guest have ranted and raved about how great the food was and that it was the best wedding food they had had in a long time. From the time we booked with Laurenda up until the day of the event, she and her staff were always very quick to respond to any of my questions or request. I, 100%, recommend them for any event and will definitely use them again in the future:):):)

Sent on 08/04/2014

Nicole · Married on 08/02/2014

Laurenda and Chad were wonderful to work with. They were always so kind, accommodating and helpful, just really good people. After each meeting with Laurenda and Chad, the bride and groom along with myself felt extremely comfortable and confident in the catering aspect of the wedding. The food was delicious and the presentation was great. In coordinating this wedding, the one thing I didn't have to worry about was the food. Chad and his crew got to the site early, set up quickly and were ready to go. Definitely one of the best experiences I have ever had with a catering service.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Emily · Married on 07/12/2014

Laurenda and Chad were so helpful with any questions we had in planning our wedding. They did an incredible job presenting the food in a beautiful way and it was delicious! We got so many compliments on the food at our wedding!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Beverly · Married on 06/28/2014

Laurenda and her staff was very professional and Laurenda offered much needed advice drawing on her experience catering other weddings and event. The food was delicious and we received compliments from all of the guests. I will definitely recommend and use her services again.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Kevin · event on 06/15/2014

I have been using Laurenda's for over ten years now; for a lot of different types of events.

The food is always exceptional (and for a reasonable price) and the service is always above and beyond what I expected.

Sent on 06/20/2014
  • User4193447 · 2+ years ago

Laurenda , chad and the staff were amazing. I did not have to concern myself with my daughters wedding reception.laurenda took care of everything from the food, cake and the setup of the reception. She is very professional and the food was TERRIFIC!!! Thanks again for allowing me to enjoy my daughters special day without any worries!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Katelin · Married on 06/14/2014

I can't express how perfect the food and cake were at my wedding! Laurenda and her staff make sure everything goes off without a hitch and they make you feel like family! Miss Terri from Laurendas did my flowers and decorations as well so from food to decor, they made sure my wedding was beautiful and exactly how I've always imagined it would be! I would 100 % recommend them to anyone that is in need of catering or decorating services!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Mary Beth · Married on 05/31/2014

Chad at Laurenda's Catering worked with us to create a beautiful selection for our reception! The presentation was just stunning (many of our guests commented on it), their demeanor was professional, and they even went above and beyond by customizing some of the menu for us! This catering company was the least stressful, most reliable vendor we used for our wedding.

Sent on 06/19/2014

John & Kim · Married on 05/25/2014

Laurenda's Catering did a fantastic job catering our weeding. We could not be happier with their service and the quality of food and drinks provided. It was a huge success, and we received many compliments from our guests.

Sent on 06/24/2014