Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering Reviews

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 6
Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 7

Paulette Dempsey · Getting married on 05/23/2020

Laurenda's is the best!

I would highly recommend Laurenda's for any of your catering needs! I have 3 daughter's and she has done 2 of their weddings and will be doing the 3rd wedding in May! She even did the wedding cake! Very professional, prompt and reasonably priced. The food is delicious!!! We also go to her restaurant regularly, you can't beat the Sunday lunch!!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you Paulette! You made me cry! I love your girls & you! You are the reason I do what I do! What an honor for me ! All three girls!! Let’s take a picture at the wedding with all of us! I am going to pull out all the stops at the next one! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! What a blessing you have been! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ See y’all soon, Laurenda
  • Kayla

Kayla Oliver · Married on 09/28/2019

Highly recommend

Laurenda’s went above and beyond for our wedding. The food was delicious and all the guest enjoyed them being at the wedding. They were always quick to respond to my emails with all the questions I had.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Gracie Moore · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely amazing

Laurenda and her team are spectacular to work with. They quickly make you feel like family and take the best care of you. Not only are they great to work with, but the food is amazing. Laurenda and Chad will work with you to find the perfect menu that fits your day. 100% would recommend them to any other bride.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Gracie, Thank you! Your wedding was amazing! I can’t wait to see pictures! Please share them with me when you get them back! Thank you for being so wonderful to work with & so personal! We all enjoyed it! Send my thanks to your mom & dad and also your new in-laws! I see grandma every Friday night! Just love those loyal customers! She is so precious! You are the reason we do what we do. Chad says Hi too!!
  • Theresa

Theresa Nalls · Married on 08/03/2019

Laurenda's Catering - Delicious and Delightful

Laurenda's Catering did appetizer service and full dinner buffet for my daughter's wedding. From the tasting through to clean up after the reception - I cannot say enough good things about the people at Laurenda's.....and the food is wonderful. When was the last time you heard people rave about chicken at a wedding? Our guests did - it was so tasty and moist that our guests could not get over how good it was and spoke of it more than the filet! And the creamed corn is to die for literally. Chad, Alyssa and Laurenda were great to work with - took their time, replied to all our questions, offered suggestions when we were stuck and most of all - gave us an amazing night within our budget! We are super grateful and I would definitely recommend them again. Good - honest - God loving people.....they are family now!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 05/20/2019

They are amazing

Laurenda's Catering is a family owned business that initially attracted us due to the significant amount of services they provided. They provide their own decorations according to your color scheme, their own linens, and additional food for the officiant, DJ, photographer, and any staff at the wedding. Beyond this, they were the kindest and most attentive people. They went as far as to check on my husband and I during the reception as well as to let us know that we are welcome to pack up any left over food we may want. If you are considering Laurenda's, I would encourage you to at least talk to them.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you Caitlin! It was such a pleasure to be part of your big day! We can't wait to see you all again soon! Have a great time on your honeymoon!
    Laurenda's Team

Jenna · Married on 04/06/2019

Excellent Catering

We can not thank you enough for the incredible food and service you provided for our wedding in April. We could not have chosen a better caterer and we were absolutely thrilled with your service. Your staff was so friendly, so helpful, and such hard workers! The food was absolutely delicious! We are still getting compliments on how awesome everything tasted and how there was such a great variety of items. The basket we received at the end of the night was incredible! We could not believe everything that you included in it! Special thanks to Alyssa for running the show and doing a fantastic job. Our families and friends were so very pleased.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

We love hearing such great things! We are so blessed to have worked your wedding and Alyssa is tickled pink with your sweet comments! Our team had a wonderful time at your wedding and we are so glad to hear that you did too! If you ever need us for anything else, just let us know!

MaryBeth Spry · Married on 03/02/2019

Exactly like a cherished holiday meal and family gathering!

Laurenda's catering was the hit of our pre-wedding reception. We had Laurenda cater dinner for 112 at our home in Clinton, SC on March 2, 2019. We had a southern menu for all our out of state guests. She made our family recipe for low country boil to perfection - the father of the bride had three helpings. Plus fried chicken, salad, rice pilaf, sweet tea, unsweet tea, and then homemade individual pecan pies and individual peach pies. Our guests were eating one of each and then having a second pecan. The pies were a hit. The pieces of chicken were huge. No one went hungry. Everything tasted fantastic. I had wanted to make one item for the evening so that I could feel like I made dinner, but in my wedding crunch time, I forgot to make cornbread for the event. So day of last minute Laurenda and her staff brought bread to go along with the meal! Her staff was incredible. They showed up exactly when they said they would - even though they had never catered at our house. Her team was so professional - the newness of the setting didn't phase. They set everything up with plenty of time to spare before guest arrived. They helped our guests with the buffet flow in the kitchen, they refilled, were never in the way, they cleared dishes so our families could keep talking and laughing. At the end they cleaned, washed personal dishes I had wanted used, and even took the trash as they left. I couldn't have be happier. The evening was a complete success. The setting made the bride and groom really comfortable to meet and greet with family and long time friends. Having Laurenda cater made it so that as the mother and father of the bride we could really mix and mingle with our guests. The food was absolutely delicious and plentiful. We are a family that likes to sit around the holiday tables and eat and laugh and then eat and laugh some more. Laurenda made this exactly like all those cherished holiday meals where families bond and memories are made. This was a truly one of a kind special meal and we couldn't have done it without Laurenda.

Sent on 09/30/2019
    Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 8

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you so much MaryBeth! My staff still talk about your beautiful home & how gracious you & your husband were. Then to get to do your daughters wedding the next day was just icing on the cake!! It was the most beautiful wedding! The Zen was so beautiful! Thank you for all that you did to make my staffs day!! Lots of Love, Laurenda
  • Katrice

Katrice · Married on 12/22/2018

Laurenda’s Family Restaurant and Catering

Scheduled a meeting and Mrs. Laurenda & Chad we’re prompt. The tasting was great and I mean they had a spread for you. But most importantly they make you feel like family. I loved every bit of that. Mrs. Laurenda said I can tell you about my food all day long but you have to taste it for yourself! We had to have Laurenda and Chad after that! Amazing individuals!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Awww! I just loved y’all! Thank you for being so gracious to my staff! And to your venue staff! Not everyone invites staff to eat!! Your guys are precious! Please come by & share the pictures with us!! And eat !! On us!! God bless y’all!! 😘😘😘😘

Cfowler · Married on 09/23/2018

Yes highly recoommended

I cannot say enough great things about them. They are wonderful!!!! They have a personal touch and will go out of their way to help you. I would highly recommend them. The service and food was wonderful.

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Everyone raved about it

One of the things we could the most compliments on besides our appearance and the venue was the FOOD. Everyone LOVED the food that Laurenda served and how beautiful they made the buffet table look! As most brides and grooms are spoken to and can’t eat much during the reception, Laurenda packed us a to-go basket with food in it! She was so sweet and made the process of choosing food so easy! 10/10 recommend♥️♥️

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 06/23/2018

When we went to Laurenda's to see if we liked them for our wedding catering. My husband and I talked a bit with the staff and tasted their food. We got the vibe of being at HOME. Homemade food, treated like family. He looked at me and said, this is it! Hired. Two thumbs UP!

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 9
    Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 10
    Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 11
    Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 12

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you! You are so kind! You just made my day! And the pictures are great! Something must have told you I was having one of those days! Weddings are tough work & its really been hot!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart! Don't be a stranger come see us! I am always in the back!!!

Nikki Carroll · Married on 05/19/2018

Laurenda's is THE BEST!!!

Laurenda and her entire staff are great! They are so friendly, flexible, and the food is awesome. I couldn't imagine having anyone else do the catering for our wedding and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Lauren · Married on 12/31/2017

They did an amazing job for my wedding! I'm still getting comments about how good the food was. Their service and presentation was beyond what I could have imagined and I would recommend them to anyone!
    Thank you Laurendas for providing the best receptions food and display ever!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Debbie · Married on 12/22/2017

We made the decision to go with Laurenda's six months prior to the wedding. My daughter and her fiance were able to taste test the food for the wedding and were given a price per guest quickly after discussing the menu. On the wedding day, the set up for the food looked like a 5 star restaurant. The servers were professional and helpful at all times. The menu consisted of sliced pork, chicken, mashed potatoes, and two types of salad. We also had a coffee/hot cocoa bar and mini cheesecake shots for dessert. The food quality was incredible. The presentation was perfect and the cost met our budget needs. We priced around before choosing this vendor, and by far, they were the most affordable. I was very pleased with the portion sized and could not have been more happy with the whole experience!!! Thank you!
    Steve & Debbie Syck
    Brandon & Cassidy Goss Wedding

Sent on 01/05/2018

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! You just made my day! Sometimes you think no one cares how hard you & your staff work! Then I read this!!! And you cared enough to put it on wedding wire for everyone to read!! That just makes me want to cry! Please come by with the pictures & let's set up something for the wedding magazine next year! Your baby was gorgeous! Can't thank you enough! Laurenda & staff! Chad & Pnut & Ken & Jessica & Carrisa!! Woo Hoo feather in our cap!

Rebecca · Married on 12/16/2017

Laurenda’s is fantastic to work with! Such a helpful and kind company. They also provided beautiful decorations for their tables that perfectly matched the other decorations.

Stuart · Married on 12/16/2017

Picking Laurenda's was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. They made us feel at home from the very first meeting we had all the way through the day of the ceremony. The food was excellent, everyone loved it and there was tons left over. They constantly went the extra mile to make sure we enjoyed everything and even sent us a picnic basket to take on the honeymoon. When we didn't have time to arrange our cupcakes, they stepped in and did that as well. Overall it was a wonderful, drama-free experience and I would pick them to cater any event in the future.

Brett · Married on 11/07/2017

Laurendas catered our wedding and everything was so perfect! The setup was decorated to perfection to match our wedding colors, and they also went out of their way to bring extra surprises! You gave too book them! The staff is very professional and we didn't have to worry about a thing. I highly recommended Laurendas because of the price, quality of food, and professional/friendly staff. Again, the food is spectacular!!! Thank you thank you!!!!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2017

They catered my wedding! Was absolutely perfect!! Setup, was Beautiful! Food was delicious! Staff was polite and professional! I reccomend them for any event! Price wise they are very fair! Quality of food is amazing! Everything was fresh! Guest at my wedding are still talking about how much they loved the food! Thank you all so much again!!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Kristi · Married on 09/03/2017

Both our florist and DJ suggested we use Laurenda's for our wedding! We made THE BEST choice in securing them to cater our wedding. The food is/was fantastic! They were patient with my bride brain and indecisiveness - and very helpful with ideas. I can not say enough great things about the staff at Laurenda's. Laurenda is amazing herself, but when you add Chad, P-nut and all of the other people, that we had the pleasure of working with, you have the winning team that CAN NOT be beat! You really should give them a try! I promise you won't be sorry!

Bobby · Married on 09/02/2017

Laurenda's catered our wedding and it was the best choice we could have made. They treated us like family, and we still stop by for lunch just to see Laurenda and her team. The food was excellent and our guests were raving about how great it was. They were even nice enough to pack us a picnic basket of some of our catered foods so my wife and I didn't have to worry about getting enough to eat during the reception.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Rosie · Married on 09/02/2017

Laurenda's was my first and only choice for catering my wedding! From the very first time I talked with her and Chad to the night of the wedding EVERYTHING was seemless and perfect! They worked with us every step of the way and listened to what our ideas were while offering professional opinions to help make our ideas even better! The food was outstanding!!! We still have people telling us it was the best food they've had at a wedding! The setup was beautiful, the staff was excited and worked quickly. I cannot think of anything different they could've done - it was perfect! Do yourself a favor and book them for your wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Breanna · Married on 05/20/2017

Food was delicious and the staff was entirely too helpful. Would definitely recommend to anyone!!!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Sandra · Married on 04/15/2017

Laurenda and her staff were great they helped with anything we needed they were top notch couldn’t ask for anyone better

Sent on 12/28/2017

Tijuana · Married on 04/01/2017

Laurenda's Catering catered my son's spring wedding. She and her staff were so gracious to accomodate our non-traditional meal. My son and daughter in law's favorite food is mexican and that is what they requested be served at their reception. Many guests said it was best mexican they had ever eaten. Her staff was also amazing. They made our guests feel very special. Laurenda is flexible and willing to work with you to prepare whatever you want for your special day.

Sent on 12/28/2017
    Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 13
    Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 14
    Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 15
    Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 16

Lauren · Married on 12/03/2016

We got married December 3rd, laurendas not only came out the day of the wedding but the day before to help us set up so my wife could distress alittle,since she would be there to see set up. They were very responsive and always willing to discuss any tweeks or customizations we could make to our menu. And on a personal note, you can not help but love Mrs. Laurendas, I would suggest her over any caterer any day!!! Also don't just think she caters the meat and three she's known for, she can do any and everything. We did a pasta bar and it was absolutely amazing, she had something for anyone to eat and the pricing was super affordable and you get TONS!!! Of food.Noone went home hungry that night.

Sent on 12/27/2016