Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering Reviews

160 | Greer, SC

160 Reviews for Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering

Shelby · Married on 05/31/2021

Fabulous and truly a wonderful experience. !

I can’t even say enough about the fabulous experience we had with Laurenda’s !
    The food was probably the best I have ever had. The guests at our wedding celebration just raved about the food and how delicious it was.
    The staff was so very kind and caring yet professional in every way. They always responded promptly to questions .... and I had several!
    They were clean and the decorations that came along with the food were so elegant.
    They were also very efficient- they cleaned everything up so well and did so in such a timely manner.
    I have highly recommended them to many and will continue to do so!

Sent on 06/02/2021
  • Kayla

Kayla W. · Married on 10/24/2020

Quality Food and Service

The team at Laurenda’s made Andy and I feel like family. They specialized a perfect menu for us. Our guests raved at how delicious the food was. It was such a great price for the quality of the food! Such an amazing experience with them.

Sent on 01/18/2021
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth H. · Married on 09/26/2020

Best experience !

Could not recommend Laurendas more!!! They are the sweetest people and the food was absolutely delicious. They even decorated our buffet tables decorated beautifully! Hire them! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 09/26/2020
  • Brooke

Brooke S. · Married on 09/26/2020

Could not have a more personable and professional team! Went above and beyond!!!

Great food, friendly service and super cool to work with! Went above and beyond by a mile! Can’t give them enough stars!!! Best prime rib I’ve ever had!!!

Sent on 01/20/2021
  • Vanessa

Vanessa R. · Married on 06/27/2020

Super people! Delicious Food!

We are so happy we chose Laurenda's to cater our wedding. The decorations they brought for the buffet tables were lovely. The food was absolutely amazing and the people were super helpful, they even offered to help us watch our dog for a bit. For cocktail hour we had their pretzel bar which was a big hit! We had to reschedule our wedding due to COVID and they were very understanding and flexible. Would definitely choose them again!

Sent on 04/21/2021

Elizabeth O. · Married on 06/06/2020

Great Food, Great Service!

Our guests are STILL telling us how great the food was at our wedding! Laurenda's is flexible and a fun team to work with, and the food is amazing! Book them for your big day!

Sent on 06/29/2020

Paulette D. · Married on 05/23/2020

Laurenda's is the best!

I would highly recommend Laurenda's for any of your catering needs! I have 3 daughter's and she has done 2 of their weddings and will be doing the 3rd wedding in May! She even did the wedding cake! Very professional, prompt and reasonably priced. The food is delicious!!! We also go to her restaurant regularly, you can't beat the Sunday lunch!!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you Paulette! You made me cry! I love your girls & you! You are the reason I do what I do! What an honor for me ! All three girls!! Let’s take a picture at the wedding with all of us! I am going to pull out all the stops at the next one! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! What a blessing you have been! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ See y’all soon, Laurenda

Amanda D. · Married on 04/18/2020

Highly Recommended

Laurenda's Catering went above and beyond to make my wedding perfect. With having to change the date and protocol due to COVID-19, they reassured me that everything would still remain safe and go according to plan. All the food was incredible,. I highly recommend the biscuits with strawberry butter and their vegetable lasagna. All the worked were professional and caring. Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/03/2021
  • Madeline

Madeline B. · Married on 03/14/2020

Perfect and delicious

I had the pleasure of working with Laurenda and her team for both my rehearsal dinner and my reception. Both experiences were perfect and my guests couldn’t help but go back for more. Anything that we could think of, she made happen for our special day (even if it wasn’t on the menu). She truly takes pride in her work and makes you feel like family. I will recommend her for all catering needs!

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • Billie

Billie S. · Married on 02/29/2020

Laurenda's Catering is the Best!

Best food + best selection + best presentation + best service + best pricing = Laurenda's Catering, the best catering choice you can make!!!! Laurenda's catered my daughter's wedding at the Zen on 2-29-20, and everything was perfect! All our guests left fat and happy!

Sent on 03/10/2020

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

We LOVED being there! Had the best time!! Thanks for your sweet review!

Much love,
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn B. · Married on 02/22/2020

Best Decision!!

We couldn’t have chosen a better caterer for our wedding! Laurenda, Alyssa, and Chad were so easy to work with and helped us put together exactly what we wanted for our menu. Chad was so helpful in offering suggestions and including special items we wanted to have. They were so sweet and treated us like family throughout the process. Everyone kept saying how delicious everything was and it was such a nice touch to have the picnic basket to go at the end of the night! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for amazing food and service!

Sent on 08/29/2020

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you Kaitlyn for your sweet review!! Might we just say, your party.. we mean wedding.. was AWESOME!!!! Definitely blew us away! It's so easy when you get to work with sweet couples like you two! Come visit us again soon!

Melita P. · Married on 01/04/2020

They were amazing!!

At a wedding, the thing a guest cares most about is the food they are going to eat, and we wanted to make sure that we got the best of the best! Laurenda's staff was incredible to work with, inviting us to their restaurant where we got to try plate after plate of different food options, working within our budget to create an amazing menu, and creating a beautiful display during our wedding reception. As soon as we met Laurenda we knew we would be in good hands, and we could not have asked for anything more! They even packed a picnic basket for my husband and I to enjoy once we got back to the hotel room after the reception, and finally getting to slow down and enjoy the full meal together was one of our highlights from the entire day! Thank you so much for everything!!

Sent on 01/31/2020

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

We absolutely loved your wedding! You two and all of your guests were the absolute sweetest! We had the best time. Hope you are enjoying married life!! Your pictures were perfect!!!

Love always,
  • Kelley

Kelley F. · Married on 12/10/2019

Incredible!

Laurenda's Catering is THE best bang for your buck. The most incredible food and most amazing people providing service. We worked with the chef, Chad, throughout the taste testing process and he tailored the menu to exactly what our preferences were and to match our budget. He was there to make the food and serve on our wedding day. He was so kind to our family and our guests, which we appreciated so much. We received so many compliments about the delicious food and the kind staff who came to serve with Chad. We couldn't have dreamed with going with any other caterers!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla O. · Married on 09/28/2019

Highly recommend

Laurenda’s went above and beyond for our wedding. The food was delicious and all the guest enjoyed them being at the wedding. They were always quick to respond to my emails with all the questions I had.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Gracie M. · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely amazing

Laurenda and her team are spectacular to work with. They quickly make you feel like family and take the best care of you. Not only are they great to work with, but the food is amazing. Laurenda and Chad will work with you to find the perfect menu that fits your day. 100% would recommend them to any other bride.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Gracie, Thank you! Your wedding was amazing! I can’t wait to see pictures! Please share them with me when you get them back! Thank you for being so wonderful to work with & so personal! We all enjoyed it! Send my thanks to your mom & dad and also your new in-laws! I see grandma every Friday night! Just love those loyal customers! She is so precious! You are the reason we do what we do. Chad says Hi too!!

Laura J. · Married on 08/15/2019

Do yourself a favor...

From day one, Laurenda's was everything we could have asked for and more! We wanted the food at our wedding to reflect our personalities, and they nailed it! Their options/offerings are literally endless, and we were able to customize a perfect menu to fit our needs. Their staff was extremely friendly and thorough, and their presentation was beautiful and flowed perfectly with our wedding decor. Their reputation throughout the upstate and within the local community is immeasurable, as is their quality and service.

Sent on 01/26/2021
  • Theresa

Theresa N. · Married on 08/03/2019

Laurenda's Catering - Delicious and Delightful

Laurenda's Catering did appetizer service and full dinner buffet for my daughter's wedding. From the tasting through to clean up after the reception - I cannot say enough good things about the people at Laurenda's.....and the food is wonderful. When was the last time you heard people rave about chicken at a wedding? Our guests did - it was so tasty and moist that our guests could not get over how good it was and spoke of it more than the filet! And the creamed corn is to die for literally. Chad, Alyssa and Laurenda were great to work with - took their time, replied to all our questions, offered suggestions when we were stuck and most of all - gave us an amazing night within our budget! We are super grateful and I would definitely recommend them again. Good - honest - God loving people.....they are family now!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 05/20/2019

They are amazing

Laurenda's Catering is a family owned business that initially attracted us due to the significant amount of services they provided. They provide their own decorations according to your color scheme, their own linens, and additional food for the officiant, DJ, photographer, and any staff at the wedding. Beyond this, they were the kindest and most attentive people. They went as far as to check on my husband and I during the reception as well as to let us know that we are welcome to pack up any left over food we may want. If you are considering Laurenda's, I would encourage you to at least talk to them.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you Caitlin! It was such a pleasure to be part of your big day! We can't wait to see you all again soon! Have a great time on your honeymoon!
    Laurenda's Team

Jenna · Married on 04/06/2019

Excellent Catering

We can not thank you enough for the incredible food and service you provided for our wedding in April. We could not have chosen a better caterer and we were absolutely thrilled with your service. Your staff was so friendly, so helpful, and such hard workers! The food was absolutely delicious! We are still getting compliments on how awesome everything tasted and how there was such a great variety of items. The basket we received at the end of the night was incredible! We could not believe everything that you included in it! Special thanks to Alyssa for running the show and doing a fantastic job. Our families and friends were so very pleased.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

We love hearing such great things! We are so blessed to have worked your wedding and Alyssa is tickled pink with your sweet comments! Our team had a wonderful time at your wedding and we are so glad to hear that you did too! If you ever need us for anything else, just let us know!

Marybeth S. · Married on 03/02/2019

Exactly like a cherished holiday meal and family gathering!

Laurenda's catering was the hit of our pre-wedding reception. We had Laurenda cater dinner for 112 at our home in Clinton, SC on March 2, 2019. We had a southern menu for all our out of state guests. She made our family recipe for low country boil to perfection - the father of the bride had three helpings. Plus fried chicken, salad, rice pilaf, sweet tea, unsweet tea, and then homemade individual pecan pies and individual peach pies. Our guests were eating one of each and then having a second pecan. The pies were a hit. The pieces of chicken were huge. No one went hungry. Everything tasted fantastic. I had wanted to make one item for the evening so that I could feel like I made dinner, but in my wedding crunch time, I forgot to make cornbread for the event. So day of last minute Laurenda and her staff brought bread to go along with the meal! Her staff was incredible. They showed up exactly when they said they would - even though they had never catered at our house. Her team was so professional - the newness of the setting didn't phase. They set everything up with plenty of time to spare before guest arrived. They helped our guests with the buffet flow in the kitchen, they refilled, were never in the way, they cleared dishes so our families could keep talking and laughing. At the end they cleaned, washed personal dishes I had wanted used, and even took the trash as they left. I couldn't have be happier. The evening was a complete success. The setting made the bride and groom really comfortable to meet and greet with family and long time friends. Having Laurenda cater made it so that as the mother and father of the bride we could really mix and mingle with our guests. The food was absolutely delicious and plentiful. We are a family that likes to sit around the holiday tables and eat and laugh and then eat and laugh some more. Laurenda made this exactly like all those cherished holiday meals where families bond and memories are made. This was a truly one of a kind special meal and we couldn't have done it without Laurenda.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you so much MaryBeth! My staff still talk about your beautiful home & how gracious you & your husband were. Then to get to do your daughters wedding the next day was just icing on the cake!! It was the most beautiful wedding! The Zen was so beautiful! Thank you for all that you did to make my staffs day!! Lots of Love, Laurenda
  • Katrice

Katrice · Married on 12/22/2018

Laurenda’s Family Restaurant and Catering

Scheduled a meeting and Mrs. Laurenda & Chad we’re prompt. The tasting was great and I mean they had a spread for you. But most importantly they make you feel like family. I loved every bit of that. Mrs. Laurenda said I can tell you about my food all day long but you have to taste it for yourself! We had to have Laurenda and Chad after that! Amazing individuals!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Awww! I just loved y’all! Thank you for being so gracious to my staff! And to your venue staff! Not everyone invites staff to eat!! Your guys are precious! Please come by & share the pictures with us!! And eat !! On us!! God bless y’all!! 😘😘😘😘

Cfowler · Married on 09/23/2018

Yes highly recoommended

I cannot say enough great things about them. They are wonderful!!!! They have a personal touch and will go out of their way to help you. I would highly recommend them. The service and food was wonderful.

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Everyone raved about it

One of the things we could the most compliments on besides our appearance and the venue was the FOOD. Everyone LOVED the food that Laurenda served and how beautiful they made the buffet table look! As most brides and grooms are spoken to and can’t eat much during the reception, Laurenda packed us a to-go basket with food in it! She was so sweet and made the process of choosing food so easy! 10/10 recommend♥️♥️

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 06/23/2018

When we went to Laurenda's to see if we liked them for our wedding catering. My husband and I talked a bit with the staff and tasted their food. We got the vibe of being at HOME. Homemade food, treated like family. He looked at me and said, this is it! Hired. Two thumbs UP!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you! You are so kind! You just made my day! And the pictures are great! Something must have told you I was having one of those days! Weddings are tough work & its really been hot!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart! Don't be a stranger come see us! I am always in the back!!!

Nikki C. · Married on 05/19/2018

Laurenda's is THE BEST!!!

Laurenda and her entire staff are great! They are so friendly, flexible, and the food is awesome. I couldn't imagine having anyone else do the catering for our wedding and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer.

Sent on 12/07/2018