Laura's Focus Photography Reviews

Laura's Focus Photography 7
  • Tim

Tim · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Photographer!

When looking for a wedding photographer, go no further than Laura! She was incredible to work with. From the first time we met her, we knew she would be a calming presence on our big day but very efficient, and she did not disappoint! She kept everyone in line and guided us through each picture. Her second shooter, Jessica, was so much fun and the two of them kept us smiling all day. Laura walked us to different spots that she had in her head and told us exactly what to do, which was perfect. While on our honeymoon (only a few day after the wedding!), Laura sent us a link to her blog post about our wedding, which had about 175 pictures that completely captured every emotion of the day. We couldn’t believe how quickly she was able to turn around these pictures and we are so looking forward to seeing the rest of them! Laura is incredibly professional, efficient, organized and fun and we would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/04/2019
    Laura's Focus Photography 13
    Laura's Focus Photography 14
    Laura's Focus Photography 15

Alexandra · Married on 06/01/2019

beautiful photos, wonderful experience!

Hiring Laura was one of the best decisions we made. I searched multiple photographers in the area- what drew me to Laura was her ability to capture the true emotions of the day in addition to taking beautiful posed photos. Compared to many others, Laura does not over-edit her photos to the point where they look over-exposed, and essentially, the same as everyone else's wedding photos. Instead, Laura was able to capture the uniqueness in our wedding and in us as a couple. She has an incredible vision and is so creative in her shots. Not to mention, she is quick and responsive! Most importantly, Laura has been incredibly kind throughout the whole process, and was instrumental in creating our timeline and finalizing details that I hadn't thought of. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/21/2019
    Laura's Focus Photography 27
    Laura's Focus Photography 28

Carolyn Weidlein · Married on 05/30/2019

Excellent experience

We recently utilized Laura for our elopement and couldn't be happier!! She captured our love story perfectly and we can't thank her enough. She has an eye for the perfect moments with an artistic flair and makes you feel comfortable. Aside from the beautiful photos she took she was an absolute breath of fresh air to work with. She swiftly responded to emails and did not leave you waiting. We were also very impressed with how quickly she was able to provide a preview of our photos. We highly recommend Laura and hope to have the opportunity to use her services again in the future.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Ashley B · Married on 05/17/2019

Laura is truly the best!

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Laura is and I cannot imagine anyone else capturing our day more perfect than she did! Laura is kind, calm, organized, beyond artistic and spent so much time getting to know my husband and I prior to our wedding day. I gave Laura a call a few times before our wedding to bounce ideas off of her and she was always wiling to listen, provide insights and share her expertise. And the day of, she was truly amazing! Like a secret angel that you do not know is even there.

For being such an organized bride, we threw a lot of curve balls at Laura the day of....like walking to the church, squinty and hot bridal party, sleepy nephews and a sunset that came much faster than expected. We called a lot of audibles, and Laura just rolled with every one. She never made us feel it was out of order or we were messing up the flow, but instead managed to stay so calm with a smile on her face, reassuring us the entire time. and capturing every moment. She made us feel so at ease throughout the day and truly captured the real us - laughing, happy and in the moment. Not to mention we had our blog pictures within a few days and they were more than we could have ever dreamed of. Laura's ability to capture creative and artsy moments, that still feel classic and natural is beyond amazing. Every photo belongs in a bridal magazine and I will never know how we will be able to choose the ones we frame, because EVERY single photo is that amazing. Tears to my eyes amazing. We will never be able to thank her enough for capturing our special day the way she did - every detail, every picture was pure magic. Laura is truly phenomenal to work with and we are so blessed she shared in our special day with us!

Sent on 05/28/2019
    Laura's Focus Photography 29
    Laura's Focus Photography 30
    Laura's Focus Photography 31
    Laura's Focus Photography 32
    Laura's Focus Photography 33
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn Ihrig · Married on 05/10/2019

Hire Laura as your photographer now!

Laura is AMAZING and captured our wedding perfectly! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER! Laura is the whole package. She is experienced, professional, quick, and talented. Her services are so high quality at such a great price. Photography was the biggest splurge for our wedding and it was worth every single penny!

Laura and her second shooter, Theresa, worked so incredibly hard during the wedding ceremony and reception to capture all of our special moments and the moments we didn't even know happened among our friends and family! Her work provided us with a complete view of our wedding so we say what happened the entire day from start to finish! During the ceremony and reception, they were constantly looking and photographing moments between us and our guests as well as among our guests. We were in a park and a pavilion for the ceremony and reception and Laura and Theresa would crouch on the ground and climb over the pavilion walls just to get the perfect photo. They are so dedicated to capturing all those special moments. They see an opportunity for photo and take it, but they ensured they were documenting the day without interfering with the event, i.e. no pulling us away from family and friends during the day, no awkward posed photos. Laura's style of photography is documentary and that's what makes her photos so special. She captures the joy in your eyes as it happens. Looking back at the photos, you can remember the feeling you had in that moment she captured and relive it. Her photos are just magical!

Laura got us our photos so quickly, it was mind blowing! We received a single photo preview just a couple days after the wedding, our blog post was done less than a week after the wedding, and we received all our of photos in less than 2 weeks after the wedding. It was really great and satisfying to have a continuous flow of photos so soon after the event!

I only have good things to say about Laura, so save your self some time researching wedding photographers and hire Laura today! A friend that attended our wedding is getting married next year and has already booked Laura for her wedding!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Raul Ramirez · Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic Photos That Captured Our Feelings

Laura and her team were the perfect choice for our wedding. She produced amazing photos and knew exactly what moments to capture. Her professionalism was superb during the church services, and her artistic vision led to creative lighting selections that created incredible results! It was truly delightful working with Laura as she found unique and amazing setups to fully showcase our themes! She listened to our requests and delivered everything we asked for and more. We highly recommend Laura's Focus Photography for when you want to perfectly capture life's greatest moments. Thanks again for our lifetime memories!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Laura's Focus Photography 34
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 05/03/2019

Stunning photos!

We worked with Laura from Laura’s Focus Photography for our wedding after she was recommended to us and we are SO glad that we did! Laura was a joy to work with throughout the entire planning process. She even sent us recommendations for things to do on our honeymoon in Croatia as she had recently been there. She took the time to make sure that she knew all of the important details and captured them perfectly on the day of the wedding. Her organization and attention to detail help the whole day to run smoothly and stress-free. She is so personable and easy to talk to, which really helped my husband and me to appear more natural in the wedding photos (we aren’t naturally very photogenic!). We absolutely LOVE all of our wedding pictures, which came out as the perfect mix of artsy and traditional photos. She also captured all the beautiful details of our venue, which were difficult for me to fully take in during the craziness of the reception. We love Laura and we recommend Laura’s Focus Photography 1000 percent!!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Kate

Kate Jefferson · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing photos and experience

Laura was a joy to work with for our spring wedding! Leading up to the event, she was always quick to respond and professional. She helped us create a timeline and worked with us to provide everything we wanted. During the wedding, she kept things on schedule and was quick and efficient, so we could enjoy our day as much as possible. After the wedding, she was amazingly fast with editing our pictures and getting them back to us. We got a sneak peek within a week and all of our photos back within two weeks. All of our photos are incredible and we have so many we love! We will treasure these pictures forever!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Courtney Sayre · Married on 03/16/2019

Highly recommend Laura for your photography needs!

I highly, highly, highly recommend hiring Laura for your wedding photography needs. She also does great newborn and family photos. Not only is her work truly top notch, but she is also extremely efficient, responsive, kind, and professional. I didn't have to worry for a second about anything photography-related during the wedding planning process. Her pricing is also very reasonable for the quality of work she delivers. Laura captured all of the expressions and elements of our engagement shoot and wedding perfectly, and delivered the most beautiful, clear, crisp photos which made us feel like we were right back at our reception as we viewed them. We will cherish the memories she captured of our wedding day and engagement forever. Thank you, Laura for everything!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Meghan Miller · Married on 01/26/2019

Fast! Sweet! The Best!

I can’t even begin to find the words of how happy we were with Laura! She was professional, kind, and kept us moving:) It has only been about 2 weeks since our wedding and she has posted numerous sneak peaks and a blog with many photos that has all so excited to see the rest! I would recommend her a million times to anyone.

Sent on 02/09/2019

Rebecca · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Photos!

Laura has a great demeanor that set my husband and I at ease, even though we're usually not comfortable in front of the camera. She also has a great eye and captured some truly beautiful photos. She even had everything done and delivered to us before we even got back from the honeymoon. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Ashlie · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Photographer

Laura was by far the best decision I made during the wedding planning. She keeps you up to date with the entire process!!! I can not recommend her enough, my pictures turned out beautifully!!!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Kris · Married on 09/22/2018

Outstanding!

When I started wedding planning, I had only a few things in mind that I REALLY cared about, and as a person on a budget, I found myself quick to accept the whole "pick 2-3 things that really matter and let the rest be good enough" strategy of both planning & spending. I knew immediately that great photos would mean everything to me, and I could not have asked for more from our exceptional experience of working with Laura. I am not super comfortable in front of a camera (and I am not as photogenic as my husband). I recognize this is because I am animated and talkative--perfectly reasonable things in real life but often pretty terrible in photographs!--but Laura managed to catch some truly lovely moments of us...and I absolutely LOVE the pictures of the details, the space, and our loved ones.

I had my heart pretty set on being outside (and we used our own pictures of our venue's beautiful riverfront and extensive grounds for our invitations and webpage!), but the universe had other plans...and there are so many ways the rain worked to our advantage in terms of getting our people to interact and our enjoying a very intimate and intensely supportive vibe during our ceremony. Turns out, the universe knew better than I did!

I am so grateful, though, that Laura was willing and able to run around outside in the wind and rain with us--we are outside people, and those photos are among my (many!) favorites. I love all the green and the river in the background and the puddles and the umbrellas. Laura made it work so well!

In fact, Laura made absolutely everything work so well. She was in control without being short-tempered, she was patient and generous and imaginative, she made us comfortable (as we were endeavoring to navigate many diverse emotions), and she never interfered with the experience of the wedding (even as she was doing an excellent job of capturing it)! I admit I was worried I would be very aware of her--that has been my experience with previous wedding photography--but Laura and Jess were where they needed to be without ever intruding--quite a feat! And so appreciated!

And the photos have brought me such incomparable joy. Laura captured a couple dear folks I came home without pictures of (thank you, thank you, thank you!) and she created a beautiful expression of the narrative of our joyful experience (no small thing to two English teachers who both love stories and have been pretty awed that either of us ended up married!). Laura's talents are in the photography itself but also in her sensitivity to the pieces and people we care about...and the day we hope never to forget.

I have to say I feel pretty satisfied with most of the decisions we made as we planned and celebrated our wedding...and choosing to work with Laura is at the top of that list. Her personality was SUCH a good fit for my husband and me...and the beautiful work Laura did will keep us company in so many ways.

I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Julianna · Married on 07/06/2018

Hiring Laura was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. She is a professional, sweet, organized and extremely talented photographer. Laura was great from the start, getting to know us and communicating next steps. We did an engagement session with our pup and she blew us away with images that truly captured our love. Come the day of our wedding, Laura’s calm, but focused attitude made the getting ready photos stress free. We did not do a first look and had many formal family photos so we did not make it easy on her! Especially since lots of family members disappeared after the ceremony, Laura remained calm and keep us rolling through to make sure we could accomplish everything. It also started to rain, Laura made it work! Laura took us out at sunset around the property, to secret spots she knew, and we got the most stunning photos. She captured so many awesome moments and I am so grateful we can look back at them forever. Our grandfather said he flipped through the photos and felt like he was reliving every moment of the day and I fully agree. The love, the smiles, the details, all captured beautifully. Laura even posted our blog story just a few days after the wedding providing us a sneak peek while we sat in Aruba on our honeymoon, an amazing surprise! When we received all of our photos back in only 3 weeks, I could not stop going through them and every time I find another photo to claim as my favorite. I would highly recommend Laura to anyone. Thank you, Laura we are so grateful for your talent!!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Laura's Focus Photography 42
    Laura's Focus Photography 43
    Laura's Focus Photography 44

Kara · Married on 06/14/2018

Laura was amazing to work with, as was the second shooter she brought with her for the day! She was so professional and clearly knew what she was doing! She was great before the wedding - when I booked her, she even called me while she was on vacation in the Bahamas to make sure I didn't have any questions! Our conversations before the wedding were really helpful and she made sure she knew exactly what I wanted before going into the big day. She also played a large part in helping me plan for my timeline for the day because I had no idea what to do before she helped me!

The day of, she worked well with other vendors and kept everyone focused (during all the craziness) of what needed to get done! My wedding guests even commented on how clear it was that she's a very experienced photographer. Her second shooter wasn't local but he told us ANY time he has the chance to work with her, he takes it because she's awesome.

Laura had 2 preview photos to me the very next day after the wedding (which I was SO excited to see)! She had a blog post of our wedding up within a week and we could see about 70 pictures then! All of my friends are jealous because they waited months to see that many photos from their wedding. We've been married about 17 days now and Laura has already given me a link with our pictures - edited and ready to go. She is fast and the quality is great!

As for the pictures themselves - they're amazing. Laura was so creative in her shots of the details, our poses, locations around the venue, etc. We also appreciated her constant guidance of telling us how to pose and her continuously having to fix my dress since it had such a long train!

I really can't say enough positive things about our experience with Laura's Focus Photography! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 07/01/2018
  • Wulf4Life

Tina · Married on 05/12/2018

So when looking for a venue in Baltimore, we considered the zoo (yes, you can get married at the zoo!). The sweet woman there who showed us around gave me a wonderful piece of advice. She said, "In 10 or 20 years, no one will remember what your cake tasted like or the little details of your decor. But your pictures, those last beyond a lifetime - put some money into that!" And she was right. I never actually made a comparison, my guess is Laura is not the cheapest in the area, but from that statement above, you don't want the cheapest, you want the best. I never shopped around, I had another vendor I hired first (my DJ) whom I trust and asked for his recommendation. We were not disappointed. I've received so many compliments on our photos! I doubt I could find enough good things to say, truly. I'll share some of my faves (which is hard to choose so few!) and let them speak for themselves.

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Laura's Focus Photography 52
    Laura's Focus Photography 53
    Laura's Focus Photography 54

Eunice · Married on 04/21/2018

Laura was our photographer for both engagement and wedding on 4/21/18. We are so happy to have found her as our photographer. She helped us a lot to relax and pose for photos. She was very attentive and prompt in response. We could tell that she genuinely love what she does and she is very good at it!

Sent on 05/05/2018
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 04/14/2018

Laura is amazing! Her personality was the perfect fit for us. We were able to arrange an in-person meeting and look through her portfolio as well as give her some background information about us. She used everything we talked about in that first meeting to help us through our engagement photos and wedding day photos. She would reference different things we had talked about that instantly brought a smile to our faces (or a laugh). We could tell that she really loved what she does and it showed in her presentation and the end product. We loved working with Laura (and her second shooter) and will be calling her again for our next big occasion!

Sent on 06/15/2018
    Laura's Focus Photography 55
    Laura's Focus Photography 56
    Laura's Focus Photography 57

Ellyn · Married on 11/11/2017

Laura and her assistant were amazing!! The pictures were top notch and we did not even notice the photographers during the reception at all! I would book Laura as soon as you can because she gets booked very quickly!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

Laura has been absolutely amazing through the wedding process! She was super responsive, accommodating, and extremely nice and fun on our wedding day! She was so professional and quick in getting groups together and moving them along for formal pictures. She was amazing with just us and super willing to do whatever we wanted (she even drove us to a spot we knew we wanted to have pictures at!). The pictures themselves--I was speechless and cried going through them when she sent her blog story the next week (so fast!!!!) and then again when she sent the link to all of the pictures just two weeks after our wedding! They are absolutely incredible, they captured our day *perfectly*! I highly recommend Laura, she was amazing. Her attention to detail shows in all of her pictures. We are so thankful for her services, and I am so glad we have these memories for life <3

Sent on 11/18/2017

Monica · Married on 10/28/2017

I can't say enough about working with Laura for our engagement pictures and our wedding. My now husband is not a fan of spending time taking photos so she was extra accommodating working quick and getting the shots perfect with a less than willing participant! She is immediately friendly and puts you at ease and her pictures are amazing. My husband even begrudgingly came around saying taking them wasn't so bad after all ;). I'm not entirely sure who she used as her second shooter for the wedding day (Laura was with my party and the second shooter with the guys so I didn't have much time to interact) - but I will say all the guys loved her and she took great pictures too! Laura has a really great eye for detail and I love the way her photos captured reactions and emotions so well. I could upload the whole album if it would let me! I am 100% happy with our choice to go with Laura!

Sent on 01/31/2018
    Laura's Focus Photography 65
    Laura's Focus Photography 66
    Laura's Focus Photography 67

Caitlin · Married on 07/29/2017

We chose Laura after receiving multiple recommendations from friends and it was the best decision. She really went above and beyond in planning the perfect day. She has her own planner that you fill out prior to the wedding so that she captures every single shot you want. She kept everyone on schedule and was so easy to be around all day. She is professional, and fun and produces the most amazing, jaw dropping photos. She captured every single emotion felt throughout the day, while also caputring amazing shots of our larger farm venue. Our family and friends have not stopped calling since she released our photos. We could not be happier and can't wait to continue to use her for all our future photography needs!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Abby · Married on 07/08/2017

I'm so happy I chose Laura to do my wedding photography! She is amazing, professional, and very responsive. One of the main reasons I chose her was because of her familiarity with my wedding venue, The Tidewater Inn. She took us to all of the best spots and even stopped traffic so we could get some street pictures which we thought was great! Laura made us feel so comfortable the entire time and did not show any stress when a few group pictures were added last minute. She was so creative in getting all of our little details in! I am so in love with all of my pictures and her turn around time was so quick. Thank you so much Laura!!

Sent on 07/29/2017

CANDISE · Married on 07/01/2017

Shortly after getting engaged, I stumbled upon a blog of Laura's and I was completely blown away. What immediately drew me in was how natural and detailed her work was without noticeable editing and photoshop. We met at her lovely home and booked her right away. She was actually the first vendor that we had booked besides our venue. From our meeting, to engagement session, to several email exchanges to the BIG day; Laura was incredibly sweet, professional, organized, prompt and genuinely present in the moment. I, again was blown away with how quickly her turn around was. Everything was flawless and I cannot thank her enough!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2017

Laura and her work is absolutely amazing! She shot our engagement session in the fall of 2015 (which turned out beautifully) and even came out on our boat to take the photos! In May of 2017 she shot our wedding photography and we are so incredibly happy with EVERYTHING! She is very detail oriented and also captured the entire feeling of our wedding day. I even started to see pictures just a couple of days after the wedding and received all of them SO QUICKLY!! Laura is very calming as well! I never felt stressed on my wedding day. She also comes with a second shooter.
    Laura also provided some great packets of information regarding the timeline of the wedding day, which were SO helpful.
    I know we will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives! I would highly recommend Laura for your photography needs!

Sent on 06/13/2017