Laura's Couture & Alterations Reviews

139 | Houston, TX

139 Reviews for Laura's Couture & Alterations

Amanda · Married on 08/05/2010

Perfect ! i could not have asked for a better job ! thank you !

Sent on 08/14/2010

Katherine · Married on 03/04/2010

Everything turned out amazing!!

Sent on 06/02/2010

the alterations were skillful and they were flexible in dealing with some last minute fitting changes. I would highly recommend Laura's.

Sent on 05/15/2014

Ashleigh · Married on 10/13/2012

Karime and her team were FABULOUS to work with!! They were timely, quick and the quality of her work was the best. I am so happy with my dress and it was a pleasure working with them!! I would highly recommend going to them. They take care of your dress so well.

Sent on 09/26/2012
  • F

Jessica · Married on 04/14/2012

Laura's Couture and Alterations did a GREAT job with my dress. I was nervous about having it altered because it's all lace with beading, but they really knew what they were doing. They got it done quickly (a month after the first fitting, I went in for the second fitting and got to take home my dress!), and the price was affordable. Their office is a little hard to find because there's no sign for them outside the office building, but otherwise, great experience!

Sent on 02/24/2012
  • MrsSanders

Elizabeth · Married on 03/17/2012

Wonderful experience!!! I've been telling everyone that she is absolutely magical! I got my dress from Alfred Angelo, and girls be warned. Between flower girls, bridesmaid, and my dress we worked with Alfred Angelos in 4 different cities and states and ALL of the dresses were measured wrong, therefore alterations would have to cost a lot more. Crooks. Laura's Couture did a wonderful job taking in my dress! On my first fitting it felt 22 sizes too big. By my second fitting I felt like a princess! It looked like she changed my body rather than the dress my waist looked so small! She really knows a woman's body. She put a button on the top of the dress so it can't go too tight and give me bulging back fat, but made it so the waist can be pulled nice and tight! I don't know how she did it, but it beyond exceeded my expectations! She even packaged it up for me so that I can travel to my destination wedding with it. Love, love, love Laura's Coture!

Sent on 02/09/2012

Mindi · Married on 01/28/2012

Karime did a wonderful job on my dress. It fits like it was made especially for me. She was also very patient and did two additional sppointments with me so that I could add some beading to my dress. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/06/2011

Amanda · Married on 03/12/2011

Thank you! You guys did a wonderful job altering my dress and adding a bustle. I was very happy with your service and quality of work. Everything was done in a timely manner and looked great. Definitely get your dress altered here!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Jamie · Married on 08/25/2018

They did beautiful alterations on my dress. It fit me like a glove and the bustle was perfect. I wish I would’ve asked for a price estimate first though. More expensive than I expected.

Sent on 09/22/2018

I highly recommend this place! My seamstress was INCREDIBLE. She did an absolutely beautiful job altering my dress. In addition to the regular alterations (adding a bustle, taking it in, and hemming), she took my vision for adding straps and went above and beyond. She used lace to make straps and added additional flowers from the lace onto the bust of the dress so it blended together beautifully. I felt so comfortable leaving my dress in her hands, and it only needed the initial alterations. I went to a 2nd and final fitting, but it was already perfect by the 2nd fitting!
    The cost was a bit more expensive than I had anticipated, but I feel that every penny was worth it. Wedding gowns are expensive, and I've heard horror stories about seamstresses ruining dresses; that does not need to be your concern at Laura's.
    The only downside is that they're a little difficult to get in touch with. They often don't call back if you've left a message, so you have to keep calling to get a hold of the office.
    Ultimately, they still do a great job! The staff is friendly and personable, and the owner will work with you to accommodate your schedule, which I appreciated.

Sent on 04/09/2015
  • Levely

Levely · Married on 10/26/2014

I spent a lot of money but part of it was because my dress practically had to be rebuilt because of the lace and all that and a lot had to be done. They did a wonderful job. The ladies were very nice. The only reason they did not get 5 stars for me was because a couple of times when I went there I had to wait for them to open the door (it is usually locked and you have to ring a doorbell to have them open it). I waited awhile and one of those times, I could see that someone was at the counter.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Angela · Married on 05/04/2013

Laura's Couture did a fantastic job. My dress came out beautiful and exactly how I pictured it.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Everyone LOVED my dress and I know it couldn't have been possible without the help of Karime and Fabio. They both were very flexible and a pleasure to work with. I often went back and forth on exactly what I wanted to do with my dress (we were creating it each time I went in) so that seemed to cause a little confusion...that is the only reason I ranked "Responsiveness" a little lower. I think sometimes my ideas got lost in translation and we had to go back and redo a couple of items....however Karime ALWAYS did this with a smile on her face and never seemed upset by the changes. The dress ended up costing a lot more than I ever anticipated but once I got all the complements at the wedding...I knew it was all worth it!!

Sent on 01/13/2013

There were some mixups with apptmt times, but they were very nice & the alterations were incredible!!

Sent on 09/06/2012
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 10/02/2011

Their service was wonderful and very affordable! I got a really good deal on my dress that I purchased online and was afraid I needed to spend a fortune to get it pressed and bustled. Laura's couture came to my rescue! Actually found several things that needed to be fixed on the dress and all for a very reasonable amount! Their not commercialized, the office is actually in a home and still keeps the professionalism you would expect. I would definitely recommend them to all my future bride friends!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Lacey · Married on 03/20/2010

Dear Karime
    i just want to say thank you for everything!!! u did a most wonderful job on the alterations on my dress, my bussle is beautiful! My vail is perfect, it looks exactly like the one i showed u! thank u so much for your hard work!
    ~Lacey~Milano,TX

Sent on 04/13/2010

3.5

My dress fit perfect! They were a little pricey but they did an amazing job on my tight deadline!

Sent on 06/23/2015

allie · Married on 04/11/2015

3.5

While very expensive, the alterations were great. My dress fit just perfectly tight enough to feel secure without looking tight. I did have to bring the dress back because the bodice was wrinkling where one layer was tighter than the lace on top. This issue wound up showing up in all of my bridal portraits, but at least I was able to see the photos and have them fix the issue before it looked like that on my wedding day.

Sent on 05/05/2015
  • User2059522 · 2+ years ago

Lauras was great.... a little on the expensive side, but I was willing to pay a premium to ensure it was done quickly and correctly.

Sent on 05/08/2013
  • Lanna

Lanna · Married on 04/13/2013

Wonderful alterations, specializing in wedding gowns! The seamstress knew exactly how to make my dress fit my specific body type. She listened to all my concerns, and was very attentive to all the little details. My dress is full lace, and I was worried about steaming it or, concerned about how we could modify the lace. At my first fitting all of those concerns went out the window. I felt confident that I was leaving my dress in very capable hands! The dress fit perfectly, felt great, and all of the beautiful lace remained impeccable! Worth the price to feel comfortable when putting your wedding dress in someone else's hands.

Great customer service. Easy to schedule appointments. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Ellie · Married on 09/01/2012

I was a first time client of this company so was not sure what to expect. The rave reviews online coupled with the very convenient location sealed the deal for me since I did not have time to research a lot of places.

Karime and her staff were very nice and efficient. She made a lot of alterations for me and though I don't know how her prices compare with other companies it seemed reasonable given how much work was involved (shortening of a floor length gown, adding bra cups, taking in a lot of the waist/hip area, and retaining all of the awesome ruched/folded fabric in the style). I think I paid about $150.

I will be returning for another bridesmaid dress alteration in May.

Sent on 04/26/2012

3.0

The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Laura · Married on 12/07/2013

3.5

Karime is a perfectionist, she took her time to make sure everything looked great and to my satisfaction. I thought my dress looked good already and that I only needed a bustle, but with her recommendations she did a couple of other alterations that made my dress fit me amazingly well!! Better than i had envisioned. Alterations are not cheap, but when you have taken the time to find the dress of your dreams for your wedding day, don't let someone inexperienced touch it! Take it to Karime and you will be glad and happy you did!

Sent on 04/17/2014
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2012

3.5

Laura Couture and Alterations did a fantastic job on my dress. They took in the top a bit as well as the bodice and it looks great. They also put in an American bustle and did a great job - they even color-coded all of the buttons and fasteners so that it would be easy to figure out. Thanks to Karima and her daughter Laura.

Sent on 02/27/2012
  • F

Felecia · Married on 06/18/2011

Karima did an awesome job on my wedding dress. I loved the bussel and the diamond waistband that she added to the dress. It made my dress look and feel like one of a kind! I highly recommend Laura's Couture & Alterations.

Sent on 06/23/2011