Laura's Couture & Alterations Reviews

139 | Houston, TX

139 Reviews for Laura's Couture & Alterations

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2014

Highly recommend using Laura's Couture and Alterations! They took my dress down from a size 12 to a size 2/4 and it looked absolutely incredible!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Stephanie · Married on 05/17/2014

Laura did a great job. She transformed my dress, and made it fit perfectly. I would recommend her to anyone needing alterations. I chose her because she had such great reviews, and she did not disappoint.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Lisa · Married on 05/16/2014

The wedding store I ordered my couture wedding dress from recommended a size based on my measurements, but when it arrived, it was almost 4 sizes too small and, because it was couture, I had signed a no returns agreement! There wasn't enough time to lose enough weight to make up the difference, but the experts at Laura's Couture & Alterations saved the day.. They literally took apart every single seam in my dress and resewed it giving me the extra inches I needed to be able to be comfortable on my wedding day. They also raised the hem to match my shoe height, created 3 layers of beautiful bustles in back and made me some cap sleeves out of my extra tulle that I could snap off after the church ceremony. The bustles were color coded yet invisible, making my dress easy to adjust and beautiful. The prices at Laura's are expensive. Very expensive, for me it was like buying a 2nd wedding gown, but it was 100% worth every penny. As an added bonus, the staff was wonderful to work with. I wish they did other tailoring too because I would send them my entire wardrobe.

Sent on 05/25/2014

I absolutely loved my experience with Laura's Couture & Alterations! I was late getting my dress altered and was working late hours at the time, and they were flexible with my schedule and finished my dress quickly. My dress was a sample, and Karime made it look better than new. I got so many compliments on the dress and the bustle.

Sent on 05/05/2014

I was so happy with their services and can't recommend them enough! Such warm people who make your dress alteration experience fun and stress free. My dress was altered in several ways and I was worried about the end result but it turned out to be outstanding. They are definitely on the higher side $$ so prepare to spend on the alterations =)

Sent on 05/13/2014

The work was perfection. The wedding dress didn't look like it had been altered. They remade the dress so it was the right size, just like a new dress.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Wow! Was in love with my wedding dress the day I tried it on when I went dress shopping, but then when I took it to Laura's Couture and Alterations I loved it even more!
    Amazing work--my gown was tailored to fit my body perfectly and I received so many compliments!
    HIGHLY recommend them; peace of mind that you can entrust Laura's Couture and Alterations to take care of your wedding dress!

Sent on 02/20/2014

Christina · Married on 02/08/2014

Karime is an angel! She did an absolutely amazing job taking my dress in. She completely understood what it is to be a busty woman and made sure that my dress would stay up. I absolutely loved how my dress fit after everything!!

Sent on 03/05/2014

Sarah · Married on 01/11/2014

I love the owners, the staff, and the amazing work they do. My dress was phenomenal and fit me amazing. Worth every penny.

Sent on 01/13/2014

They did a FANTASTIC job on my dress!!! They were very nice and accommodating!!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Jessica · Married on 12/28/2013

They were very friendly and kind. I loved Karime; she listened to my questions and needs attentively and explained everything so well. My dress has a lace bodice with many crystals. I asked for them to add cap sleeves and to raise the height of the bust line as well as taking it in at the hips. It was Perfect. It's like the dress was originally made that way. I'm so glad I came to them. Excellent. :-)

Sent on 12/20/2013

Tina · Married on 11/03/2013

Ms. Karime is an angel. She took my nightmare of a dress from Alfred Angelo (Willibrook) and completely transformed it! It was amazing. It IS amazing! She sculpted it to fit my body perfectly. She is a bit pricey but worth every Penny. She cares about your dress as much as you do.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Mallory · Married on 09/28/2013

Wonderful job on my wedding dress. Very helpful and very willing to work around my schedule!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Tiffany · Married on 08/24/2013

I purchased a Lazaro Tara Keeley gown for my wedding day. On 2 different occasions, I saw brides wearing the gown and each time, I did not like it. I showed the seamtress at the store where I purchased the gown photos of how I did not want the dress to fit. After leaving them, something was NOT right with the dress. Carime immediately saw the problem and addressed it. She makes the dress appear that it is painted on you. She contours the garment to fit the curves if your body in a way that no one else can.

Sent on 08/30/2013

Allison · Married on 07/06/2013

My engagement was very short (just over 2 months) and Laura's Couture and Alterations were so amazing! I bought my dress at the most fabulous shop called Marry Go Round Bridal and they referred me to Laura's. They were amazing, flexible, fast, and the quality of service was unbelievable beautiful! I highly recommend them! My husband and I had the PERFECT day! Laura's made that happen.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Monika · Married on 04/27/2013

They were amazing! My dress looks beautiful! I was very nervous because my dress has ruffles that begin at the waist and vertically go down- they had to alter the length and you would never know anything had been done to the dress!! It looks amazing!!!! Thank you for making my dress look so perfect!!!

Sent on 04/26/2013

Katy · Married on 04/27/2013

Karime was amazing! I purchased a very delicate, couture dress that had to be taken in several sizes and have the neckline altered. Karime was able to make small snips and pin the neckline and dress so I had a good idea of what it would look like (while still being reversible if I didn't like it) before she did the alterations. She listened carefully to what I wanted and made great suggestions to make the dress more flattering. Karime designs and makes dresses so I trusted her to basically remake my already expensive dress. The result was even better than I expected! She was great to work with and did little extra things for me. Reasonable pricing. I will definitely go back to Karime if I ever need any evening wear made or clothing altered. Couldn't be happier with my choice to work with Karime!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Amy · Married on 04/06/2013

This place is excellent and customer service is perfect!!! Did an amazing job on my dress!!! Thank you

Sent on 04/18/2013

Thank you so much! I am very pleased with my dress everything was perfect

Sent on 03/25/2013

Nicole · Married on 03/16/2013

This place was fabulous. I was really desperate after having another place really mess up my bustle and alterations not once but twice. So I was desperate by the time I came here and needed my alterations done in less than a month. They were timely, professional, and got it perfect the first time. She also made some wonderful suggestions on some other tiny fixes that made the fit so much better and was something that the other place said they couldn't do. I was so happy with the alterations and the best thing is that the price was actually less expensive than the previous place I had went to and their attention to detail was so much better. I would highly recommend them for any wedding gown alterations.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Brittany · Married on 03/10/2013

This was a wonderful experience! The alterations were perfect. The dress was packed very well when I came to pick it up. I highly recommend Laura's Couture & Alterations.

Sent on 03/08/2013
  • Mrsgilmore

Danielle · Married on 03/09/2013

Laura is amazing! I found a applique that I wanted place on my dress and she did a perfect job getting that on. When I went to my final fitting my dress fit like a glove. She is shear perfection.

Sent on 03/25/2013

Lori · Married on 01/26/2013

Karime made my wedding dress fit like a glove, I had her make cap sleeves for my dress and she hand made them, they were absolutely stunning. Prices are a little steep but well worth it, especially for the most important day of your life! Thank you!

Sent on 02/11/2013

Deanna · Married on 11/30/2012

Fabulous place to go!! I had to make a last minute appointment because Alfred Angelo quoted me $270 for alterations on my $425 dress. They were able to get me in and get my dress altered in time! The quality of work was amazing. I had forgotten my wedding shoes for the alterations and the tailor was able to estimate for me perfectly! I also didnt feel like they were trying to rob me blind. I asked about taking my dress in more, and the tailor made suggestions not to. She said and I quote "It wont make a big difference so save yourself $70" I thought that was awesome

Sent on 12/02/2012
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 11/23/2012

My wedding dress turned out PERFECT!! Karime is AMAZING! Being 5'2", I had to shorten my dress, which had many layers. Also, I wanted my strapless top altered to a sweetheart neckline. I couldn't believe how amazing my dress looked! Karime is a very talented lady. The price of the alterations were more than reasonable, especially for all the work that had to be done. She and Fabio (the office manager) were so warm, cool, and collected. Don't go anywhere else to get your wedding dress altered. This is your wedding dress, so you need to go to the BEST. You will be happy that you were able to wear your dream dress on your wedding day. I sure did. Thank you, Karime and Fabio, for making our wedding day so special. And to allow me to feel like the beautiful bride I was hoping for!!

Sent on 03/17/2013