Laura's Bridal Reviews

20 | Plattsburgh, NY

20 Reviews for Laura's Bridal

Danielle · Married on 02/16/2019

Fun and relaxing. Vicky is amazing!

Amazing girls to work with. Got both my dress and the men's Tuxs there. Vicky is the best and makes you feel comfortable and is so friendly. She made it fun and exciting to get my dress.

Sent on 03/06/2019

The ladies at Laura's Bridal were wonderful. When I thought I couldnt wear a fit and flair...they proved me wrong and helped me find the perfect dress. Cannot wait to wear it on my wedding day.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Adrian Lynn · Married on 10/10/2015

This review is for Heather at the Laura's Bridal store.

Heather made my wedding dress shopping experience a fairytale! I first met Heather when I took my sister (Maid of Honor) to try on the bridesmaid dresses. Heather was so nice and helpful, like a friend I've known for years. We discussed wedding details, colors, and we wound up purchasing the dresses for the bridesmaids that day! I also decided to come back to this shop to have Heather help me find a wedding dress!

The day I went to find my wedding dress, I told Heather I wanted lace and that our wedding was rustic, barn themed...that was it. She knew just what to grab... in minutes she had 3 dresses for me to try on. She knew her stuff! I tried on all three, but KNEW #2 was it. I tried on a few more to compare, but went back to that one and said yes to the dress!

Thank you Heather for being so wonderful and I look forward to my first dress fitting with you when it comes in!!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Brooke · Married on 08/22/2015

I tried on about 14 dresses and they never rushed me or seemed bothered to keep getting more dresses. They had great suggestions and made sure the experience was enjoyable. It was also so easy to purchase, pick up, call and ask quest, and have my dress steamed. I highly recommend Laura's bridal!!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Amber · Married on 06/23/2015

I had a great time yesterday at Laura's Bridal with my Main of Honor and my mother. My consultant was Sarah Boyce. I told her exactly what I wanted in a dress and she pulled out a few, and within no time at all I was able to choose the perfect dress that I have been searching months and months for!! She also helped me find the perfect veil and headband that went with my dress. Sarah did not mind me taking extra time to look through all other veils and headbands to make sure that I wanted the ones she pulled out; she was very patient with us, and very sweet. I walked out of Laura's Bridal yesterday knowing that I had found, and purchased the perfect wedding dress! I would definitely recommend going to Laura's Bridal, I would also recommend Sarah!

Sent on 03/15/2014

Helpful and understanding. I love my dress!

Sent on 01/25/2014

Alyssa · Married on 10/12/2013

After my sister's awesome experience with Laura's Bridal, I vowed that when it was my turn I would go back there to look for my own dress. And, I did, in fact, find mine there, too! They have a huge selection and a cozy, mom's and pop's shop feel, that makes the exciting, yet daunting, task of finding a dress so much more relaxed and fun. The consultant, Victoria, was amazing to work with and we clicked instantly. Just based off my personality and the short time working with her, she was able to hand select the dress that ended up being "the one" for my special day. And when I brought my bridesmaids in to try on dresses, she was equally attentive to each of their needs and helped us to select the dress that the rest of my party would be in. Laura's was quick to respond to phone calls and emails, thorough and helpful in answering questions, and accommodating when it came to making appointments. And to top it off, they even outfitted my mom in a wonderful mother of the bride's dress after she had been unsuccessful everywhere else. Though I live in Vermont, the trip to Plattsburgh was well worth it. I had the dress of my dreams and the bridesmaids had beautiful gowns, too!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Ruth · Married on 08/17/2013

Everyone at Laura's Bridal did a terrific job outfitting our entire thirty person bridal party. They had all of our dresses in on time, early enough to get alterations done, and also recommended a terrific seamstress. They had my dress steamed and ready so quickly, and all the guys tuxes were also ready to go and looked awesome.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/12/2011

I loved my Maggie Sottero dress and I was so impressed with the customer service at Laura's Bridal! They took excellent care of my dress and were so nice to me! Their payment plan was helpful and the selection was just the right size- not overwhelming, but big enough to have a variety!

Sent on 12/14/2011
  • W

Tabitha · Married on 01/15/2008

Laura's Bridal was so great! They dressed me, my maid of honor, and two brides' maids three days before our vow renewal in July for just under $400, and in a matter of hours! They are very responsive and utterly wonderful people to work with.

Sent on 12/05/2008
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 08/08/2009

The staff are great and the selection is as well:) I found my dress on the second try!!! It was perfect:) it was the mona lisa royale by maggie satarro, about $770.00, and the veil was $100.00... Do not waste you money buying an overpriced veil!!! Seriously it probably cost about $5-10 at the most to make that veil. All it was, was a plastic hair comb with tulle sewed to it. I had to buy the veil because I had forgotten I had put another one on lay away with my dress(which I bought about a year before the wedding maybe it was 8months) So I didnt realize I still had the veil "on hold", I didnt really remember what it looked like either lol but it was wayyyy too much, had reinstones on it but that was about it itwas too long and i looked like a joke with it onlol anyway "because I had put that veil on hold they couldnt return it fully so I pick out another one which was half the price ($99.00) still ridiculous but I was happy because it was much simplier. But for all other brides out there reading this, do not buy a veil from a bridal shop unless you're that inlove with it. Take a pic of it and bring tulle which you can find so cheap on wholesale websites ( i got mine for decorations for 12X34 yds or something for 9.99 and the mini rolls for $1.50) bring it to a dress maker with a comb you want the veil sewen onto and whatever else you want on it, and have them make it. It will prob. be a lot less expensive. Also make sure the comb can comfortably fit in your hair, I had an issue with mine. I hair to break some of the brissels off the comb to make it fit, yeah the $99.00 veil was a piece of junk:) i hope this helps ladies:) good luck!!

*Also when you get your bridesmaid sized, don't let the staff talk you up a size unless you are sure. It's how they make their money for their seemstresses. Every single one of my bridesmaids had to get their dresses fixed because they got them too big-big mistake and I told a few of them not to listen to the staff but they were nervous because obvs. the staff knows better but for the sake of the bridesmaids its a lot of $$$ to get their dresses hemmed and taken in through the bridal shop (laura's bridal) so go with your gut, on the size, because youre the customer and you know what you want. I shouldve ordered a smaller size on my dress because I dropped about 30lbs and I knew I was going to. The dress was a little tight a first but it still fit, but she said just to go with the size im trying on because it was a corset. WEll it was tied as tight as it coul dbe on my wedding day and thank god it worked. it almost didnt! i also had to get it hemmed in Long Island.

I also got my wedding invitations through Laura's Bridal, they were also amazing BUT onthe response card there wasnt a spot for will or will not reply it just said the meal choice so it was a little strange...but they were beautiful regardless and at a good price too

Sent on 08/31/2009

Jacki · Married on 11/26/2011

The staff at Laura's was terrific! I had a wonderful experience finding my wedding dress, veil, and hair piece and was thrilled at the range of styles and prices they offered. Vicki and Heather were especially helpful and easy to work with. Vicki really helped me pinpoint my style and found me a beautiful gown.

My mother and bridal party also purchased dresses from Laura's. Everything was well-fit, arrived on or before the expected time and was of good quality. I especially appreciated Laura's great tailoring recommendation and the staff's generosity at re-steaming our dresses after they were altered.

All of our tuxes came from Laura's - all of the measurements were great and everything was clean and neatly organized. They were so patient as we collected measurements.

We had a great experience!

Sent on 12/20/2011

Shona · Married on 06/23/2008

I had a great experiance with Laura's Bridal, we got my dress and tuxes and dresses for the whole bridal party there. all the staff there were extremely helpful and attentive, and my dress was beautiful for only $700. I could have been more impressed with their selection of tuxes, but having said that the Groom and his men look great on the day. All the tuxes were the right size when we picked them up, and I got my dress altered by Debby Carter who comes to the store for fittings, and she did a great job and was very affordable. Would definetely recommend.

Sent on 08/02/2008

Danielle · Married on 09/02/2017

We had a great experience working with Laura's. We only needed a dress for myself and my daughter. Laura's was helpful on helping us pick those out and telling us when the best time to order them was, as my daughter is growing and I had been losing weight.

Then for the guys they measured them and then remeasured my son a few weeks before the wedding to catch any growing. When the guys picked them up, they had them try on everything to insure a perfect fit!

Laura's was great for working with us on the payment of the dresses. We were able to break mine down to 6 monthly payments.

Also when we walked in the door Victoria always recognized us! She helped me choose my dress and after I came in that first time even sent a card in the mail which I found to be such a nice touch.

Sent on 09/16/2017

Great place to buy a dress. Friendly atmosphere.

Sent on 07/20/2014
  • lisanehm

Lisa · Married on 09/24/2016

I had a great experience at Laura's Bridal. The consultant I worked with was excellent and definitely helped me find the dress of my dreams! Being a plus-sized woman, I was nervous to dress shop, but I had no problem finding the right gown!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Anastasia · Married on 06/02/2007

4.2

They were very responsive to my needs when it came to the dresses. I found my dress online and emailed them a picture and when I came in to look they had pulled dresses similiar to the one I had emailed, which made it a lot easier. It was affordable and they were friendly.
    However, when it came to the invintations, I was frustrated with the way I was treated. I looked at the books they had provided me and when I made the appointment to order them I had written down the page number and book it was in, but the women that served me brought the wrong book and told me that was the one I had signed out last, although it was not. I couldn't find the invintations I had choosen and she refused to listen to me when I told her it wasn't the right book, and I became so frustrated that I almost choose invintations I didn't want. After 10 minutes of arguing with her she finally got the book she claimed was exactly the same as I was looking at, but when I flipped to the page number I had written down in the new book, my invintations were right there, but I never recieved an apology from her.

Sent on 01/14/2008

Brittany · Married on 06/27/2015

3.6
      3.5

Grooms tux was not correct measurements on day of pickup (day before wedding) so another trip to Plattsburgh on day of wedding to pickup altered tux, not ideal.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Katie · Married on 09/03/2011

3.2
      2.5
      3.0

I love my dress I bought from Laura's Bridal. The service I received when buying my dress was fantastic. It was the first dress I tried on . That being said, the bridesmaids dresses that were ordered came in missing beads and the seams were in correct. The seamstress and the staff gave my girls a hard time in regards to the dresses. The seamstress was not able to fix the dresses nor did they offer to discount the prices of the dresses. Also the dresses were all ordered in at least 1 size too big even though each bridesmaid stated that the size the assistants wanted to order were too big. My bridesmaid ended up paying a fortune to have the dresses altered and have the beads and hems corrected with no offer to supplement the cost from Laura's Bridal.

Sent on 10/08/2011

Lisa · Married on 05/23/2015

2.6
      2.0

My daughter tried on the perfect dress for her wedding. She had told her consultant, Sarah Boyce, at the beginning of the appointment that she wanted an ivory dress. Unfortunately, Sarah wrote up the sales contract for the dress in white, which my daughter signed. Several months later when the dress arrived and my daughter went in to try it on, she unzipped the dress bag and only then realized the dress had been ordered in white! She cried. The owner of the store offered my daughter the opportunity to switch the dress with any one of equal or lesser value that was in the store in stock in her size, but there was nothing. In the end, my daughter wore her white dress at the church and changed into an inexpensive ivory dress (that she had bought elsewhere) at the reception. Make sure you read and reread the sales contract before signing to make sure it is exactly what you want. To be fair, the dress we bought at Laura's was beautiful, it just was the wrong color.

Sent on 10/29/2015