Laura Schmitt Photography Reviews

26 Reviews for Laura Schmitt Photography

• Saydi

Saydi Stewart · Married on 06/15/2019

Incredible!

Laura photographed our summer 2019 wedding and we could not be more happy about our decision to hire her! Laura made us feel comfortable and at ease. She is well organized, punctual and is incredibly talented at what she does. We feel like Laura captured our day so perfectly from start to finish, making it nearly impossible to pick our favorite photos! We would highly recommend Laura and can't wait for her to photograph our family in the future!

Sent on 08/05/2019

rose · Married on 01/05/2019

Best Decision During Wedding Planning

I absolutely loved having Laura Schmitt as my photographer. She was so professional and kind throughout the entire wedding. Her pictures turned out amazing! She was great at keeping us on task and punctual while still keeping the atmosphere fun and relaxed. She was also incredibly flexible. We did end up delegating a large portion of our budget to photography, but for her price we had 2 photographers for 8 hours and got printing rights for all of the images. It was a super great deal! Overall, she was great to work with and worth every penny and then some!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Brooke Hawke · Married on 12/28/2018

Absolutely AMAZING Photographer!

Laura is absolutely AMAZING! After researching photographers for my sister's wedding earlier in the year, I knew I had to have the same photographer! Laura is awesome at capturing all the special moments of your day with a great mix of posed and fun candid photos. My entire extended family was so excited to see Laura again - they adored her at my sister's wedding, and it was fun getting to hang out with her again. Her timeline is so helpful and kept things running so smoothly throughout the day without feeling rushed. We were able to soak up each moment leading up to the ceremony and she braved the cold to take photos outside for our late December wedding. We've been looking through our photos a lot recently, and Laura did a phenomenal job capturing all the magic from our day! She really captured everything we were hoping for, and I would highly recommend her to anyone! She's so kind, makes the day seem effortless, and provides the highest quality of work!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Kasie · Married on 11/10/2018

Fantastic Photographer.

Laura was an absolute treat to work with. She was professional, timely and so very talented. The pictures she took of my spouse and I look amazing (no easy feat, trust me). I can not possibly recommend her enough.

Sent on 05/05/2019

Katie · Married on 06/23/2018

Words can’t describe how thankful and appreciative we are of everything Laura did to help us prepare for the wedding as well as making everything stay so calm and go so smoothly on our wedding day. Laura is so fun and easy to work with and we got nothing but compliments from family and friends as well as other vendors that were at our wedding! She did such a phenomenal job on our pictures and we couldn’t have picked a better photographer!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/30/2017

Laura was great! My spouse and I planned a WI wedding while we each were living in different states! No small feat, but Laura was easy to work with and communicative-- from meeting us in MN to giving photographic advice, she was so helpful. My spouse and I are not photogenic, but Laura's laid-back approach and guidance made us very comfortable. Our wedding was pretty free-flow (no major events like cake-cutting or first dance to capture), but Laura's style fit into that very well and we loved all the canid shots she took as the day unfolded. We were so pleased with our experience with Laura.

Sent on 12/19/2017

heather · Married on 09/02/2017

Laura was fantastic. She is so easy to work with, punctual, professional, and did a beautiful job. I get worried that photographers would make us look 'staged' but Laura captured us in organic moments and took candid shots that turned out beautiful. Looking at the photos helps me relive my day--- and Laura's work was exactly what I wanted for my wedding!

Thank you, Laura.
    Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/11/2017
  • Lucy

Lucy · Married on 08/12/2017

Laura was a great wedding photographer! She went above and beyond to make our wedding day great, and was very easy to work with. She was able to complete a large number of posed photos before our ceremony, and took tons of great candids throughout our ceremony and reception. She was very professional, communicative while we were planning our wedding, and reasonably priced for the quality of photos we received. We just got our photos back and we are so pleased.
    I would definitely recommend Laura as a wedding photographer.

Sent on 10/13/2017

Emily · Married on 06/17/2017

Using Laura Schmitt Photography was the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. Laura is so personable, professional, funny, and fun. She made everyone feel comfortable while shooting and we loved working with her on the day of the wedding. Her easy-going nature and calm presence made the day so great. We love her photo-journalist style of photography - it allowed her to tell a story with the photos. She captured all the moments and emotions we wanted to remember throughout the day. She shoots great "staged" photos, but we love her candid photos even more! We used her for our engagement photos, wedding photos, and we plan on going back to her for all of our family photo sessions, too. I can't say enough great things about her. If you're looking for someone to capture the story of your wedding day, she's your person!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Mary · Married on 05/27/2017

Laura was everything I could have asked for in a photographer. She met with us beforehand making the trek to Madison to our condo. She sent us a nice little card a month before the wedding which was so thoughtful. The day of the wedding she dealt with large groups of people and got beautiful photos done in an effective manner. She was great and I would recommend her to anyone!!!!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2017

Choosing Laura for our wedding photographer was the best decision!! She was so amazing and adapted to all of our needs on the day of our wedding. We had planned on having pictures taken outdoors, but on the day of the wedding it was raining so hard that we were thinking we'd have to cancel the outdoor pictures (which I was not happy about because I loved the outdoor location). Laura convinced us that it was still ok to take the pictures outside and I am so happy that we did because they turned out amazing!! She came prepared with umbrellas and she was such a trooper in the down pour! I would definitely recommend Laura to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/19/2016

Laura is Amazing! She is super easy to work with and always willing to accommodate you whenever she can! She is very good at making you feel comfortable when she is taking the photos. Laura gave us access to all of our photos and even sent us a flash drive of every photo! She is so good at using the natural light to make the photos look amazing. I would recommend Laura to anyone!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Breanna · Married on 10/29/2016

If you want the very best, go with Laura! Not only does she truly have an artistic gift when it comes to photography, she has the professional skills to back up her art. (I think that makes her especially unique in this day and age, when pretty much anyone can pick up a camera and call themselves a wedding photographer.) Laura was amazing to work with and our wedding photos (all 500+ of them) are absolutely perfect. We couldn't be happier with her work. Also, she's just a pretty cool person! I'm not someone that is comfortable in front of the camera, but Laura really went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. We had so much fun working with her! Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 01/03/2017
  • nursetraveler87

Chelsea · Married on 10/08/2016

Laura was so easy to work with! She was very laid back, flexible, and down to earth. We both felt comfortable with her quickly during our engagement session. She was very open to ideas and locations, but also provided us with guidance in posing. Laura has a very welcoming personality. On our wedding day, she was our primary photographer with a secondary shooter who Laura chose. Our second photographer worked seamlessly with Laura and the two of them really captured our day! Laura provided us with a list of possible photo shots we would like and really worked off that list to make sure we had all our "must capture" photos. She wrangled my husband's large family together for family photos after the ceremony. Laura sent us the final photos on a USB drive in a beautiful wood box, engraved with our names and wedding date. She also provided us with several 4x6 prints as well. We are so pleased with how the photos turned out, but moreover, how much of a relief it was on the day of our wedding to know that Laura was there to capture every moment. We highly recommend Laura for both engagement and wedding photography!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Valerie · Married on 09/10/2016

We met Laura at our engagement photo location & right away we felt comfortable working with her - she acknowledged the initial awkwardness but easily made us feel comfortable. She directed without being overbearing & was also open to our ideas. A few weeks later, we received our engagement photos… & we loved them. We felt they captured us as a couple & we felt encouraged about having her as our wedding day photographer.

Fast forward a few months & Laura notified us that she was pregnant with her due date about a month after our wedding date. Upon informing us of her exciting news, she had already lined up an alternative photographer to come photograph our wedding in the event she could not be there. She also indicated that, if she was able to be there, the second photographer would come anyway! She went above & beyond in making these arrangements, & we were grateful.

Wedding day came and Laura was on point. She was so friendly with our family & friends and was almost like an assistant! Her friend & alternative photographer, Andi, was just as kind, fun, & helpful. During the ceremony, I hardly noticed either photographer. Prior to leaving for the night, Laura came up to me and my family on a couple of occasions to confirm that we had all the pictures we wanted captured.

My husband & I awaited anxiously for our photos, because we knew they’d be good. But when we got our photos we were shocked - they were even better than we could have imagined. Laura captured all your traditional shots but she also caught some candid moments that we only fondly recalled after looking at the pictures - & isn’t that the point of photographs? To bring back memories? We were so pleased with our pictures & are getting so many compliments on them. We couldn’t recommend Laura more highly!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Andrea · Married on 08/27/2016

Laura did a amazing job at capturing of wedding day! She is so talented at her job! We are in love with all of our wedding photos!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Jake · Married on 08/06/2016

Laura did an amazing job as our wedding photographer! She was super easy to work with; always very responsive during the planning period leading up to the wedding and very organized for the wedding day. All the pictures are incredibly beautiful and we're so happy that we have them to help us remember our wedding day forever. I highly recommend Laura!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Neha · Married on 06/25/2016

Laura was a dream to work with. She sent a very detailed list asking what we wanted beforehand which kept us on track, even though we forgot!! She was so professional and stayed longer than necessary when some things were pushed back at our reception (we paid her extra, of course!) The photos came out great and she captured all the awesome moments of our reception. Thank you Laura!!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Mary · Married on 04/09/2016

Laura was absolutely fantastic to work with! She gave us so much more than just pictures. I have shots of the day that I never even knew I would want. I would highly recommend her to anyone with a need for any type of photography. Every picture came out beautifully!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Emily · Married on 07/25/2015

Laura is wonderful. She was super flexible and made us feel comfortable during our engagement shoot. She incorporated our ideas and personalities and guided us through her suggestions. She is creative, sweet, and so fun to work with! Can't wait to work with her again on our wedding day!

Sent on 03/01/2015

Laura · Married on 06/20/2015

Laura is a wonderful photographer to work with!! I loved her pictures that she has on her website, found her quick and friendly responses to be very welcoming, and when I met her in person, I knew I wanted to work with her. She is easy going, friendly, professional, and has amazing talent. We met several times to discuss a schedule and the pictures that I had in mind. She gave me suggestions and helped me with anything that I asked. Laura was very quick to respond to my emails (always just as friendly as the first time) and was always on time.
    About two weeks before our wedding, Laura sent us a note and Starbucks gift card in the mail. This showed how sweet and thoughtful Laura is.
    When our big day arrived, Laura showed up early and started taking pictures right away. It was very nice to have her there starting when we were getting ready and throughout the day. The pictures that she took of my wedding were more than I ever expected. She captured every important moment and took beautiful candid shots that I didn't even think of at both the ceremony and reception. She also took many, many gorgeous group and couple pictures in between the ceremony and reception. She created beautiful pictures and had a good variety of scenery/poses. The pictures perfectly capture laughter, joy, and love. I am beyond pleased with how my pictures turned out and I will cherish them forever.
    To top off this amazing experience, Laura sent us a wooden box with our names and wedding date engraved in it. Inside were many printed pictures and a wooden flash drive with all the pictures. This was such a nice, personal touch and really went above and beyond. I highly recommend Laura, she is the best!!!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Laura was absolutely a dream to work with. My husband was very camera shy for our engagement session and she was able to make him relax and enjoy our entire session. We loved our engagement photos and were ecstatic to see how our wedding photos would turn out. On the day of our wedding Laura captured every moment I dreamed of and more. Laura has a great attention to detail and is so easy to work with. I HIGHLY recommend Laura and plan on using her in the future for any of our photography needs.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Nici · Married on 04/18/2015

Laura has such amazing talent! Her personality, professionalism, and quality can not be beat! Choosing Laura as my wedding photographer was THE best decision I made while wedding planning. This will not be the last time I hire her--she has earned her right as my photographer for life! I would ABSOLUTELY recommend her!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Laura was fantastic to work with, and is a talented artist. She has a knack for catching the little details in between the big events of the day. Looking back I think the photographer is one of the most important decisions when planning your wedding, since the day goes by so fast. I'm so glad we chose Laura to capture it all for us. We couldn't be happier with the whole experience.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2017

We absolutely loved working with Laura! She was so accommodating and up for whatever - no matter the weather or location! She was so easy to work with and made us feel so comfortable. Her attention to the details and professional, personal touch was more than we had hoped for -- plus the amazing, quality photos! I would highly recommend Laura to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2017