Laura & Rachel Photography Reviews

Laura & Rachel Photography 4
Laura & Rachel Photography 5
  • Averi

Averi Welborn · Getting married on 04/17/2021

We loved them, the experience and the results!

My fiancé hired Laura and Rachel to capture our proposal in Charleston, South Carolina and I’m so happy he chose them. Due to a hurricane the previous weekend, my fiancé was unable to meet this mother-daughter pair prior to the day-of, but it made no difference because their sweet, vivacious personalities made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. After he asked and I said YES, Laura and Rachel talked us through different poses during our engagement photo shoot. My head was still in the clouds and full of excitement and happiness, so I greatly appreciated the direction! A few hours later when they sent us the photos, we were still celebrating with our family and friends and were surprised at how many photos they sent! I love so many of the photos they took that I still have trouble choosing my absolute favorite. They were truly able to capture how we felt in the moment and I could not thank them enough! We loved them, the experience and the results!

Laura & Rachel Photography 6
    Laura & Rachel Photography 7
    Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Kristy

Kristy Riley · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Amazing Experience with Laura & Rachel!

Laura and Rachel were absolutely amazing to work with! They helped my now fiance, who was not familiar with the Big Sur area, plan the location and set up for our engagement. They went on to capture our engagement perfectly - everyone we shared the photos with said they feel like they were there with us. We cannot recommend them enough and we look forward to working with them again as we continue our journey.

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney Hall · Getting married on 05/09/2020

Phenomenal Engagement Session

Laura and Rachel are simply amazing! They recently photographed my surprise engagement on the beach in California. Those two have great acting skills too! My fiancé planned it out perfectly with them and they captured the moments better than I could have ever imagined. They truly care about taking incredible photos for you to have memories for the rest of your life. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone and hope to have them do our wedding too! Y'all need these two photographers for any important occasion.

Laura & Rachel Photography 8
    Laura & Rachel Photography 9
    Laura & Rachel Photography 10
    Laura & Rachel Photography 11
    Sent on 08/26/2019

Andy · Married on 10/19/2019

I could not have asked for a better team than Laura and Rachel to photograph my proposal. They were incredibly helpful in the setup of the proposal- I proposed while my fiancée and I were on vacation, so I was not very familiar with the area. I reached out to them before the vacation and they helped with finding the best location overlooking the ocean, setting up the area with a picnic, figuring out the timing of the day. Everything that would otherwise make the plan difficult, they made super easy. They even went the extra mile and had ice cream sundaes waiting for us on the beach after the proposal, somehow keeping it from melting while they waited for us, because they knew that it was my fiancée’s favorite dessert. You can’t get much better treatment than that. And aside from all that help with the planning and setup, they also took incredible pictures. They not only captured the moment of the proposal, but they also captured dozens of awesome shots of us on the beach afterward. They turned out so great that we don’t need an engagement photo shoot, because we have all the pictures we need with the added bonus that they happened right after the moment of the proposal. I cannot recommend Laura and Rachel highly enough.

Sent on 01/15/2018

Michelle Mckinlay · Married on 10/03/2019

Amazing Photography team!!

Laura and Rachel Photography are not only amazing photographers that will go out of their way to make sure you feel comfortable and confident during your photo shoot but they also treat you like family.
    My husband and I decided to elope while on vacation in Charleston and after finding Laura and Rachel they were a vital part in making this day happen and be magical. Since I wasn’t from Charleston they went out of their way to help me find the perfect venue for our ceremony and photo session Also they had a list of officiants so I had no trouble finding someone last minute. Honestly I couldn’t have done it without these ladies.
    On our wedding day they were promptly on time and ready to shoot since we were on a tight 4-6 timeframe they wasted no time making sure we had ample time shooting in each location. My husband and I had never had a photo shoot before and we were both worried the photos might show our apprehension and nerves but once the cameras came out they both had us laughing and gave excellent directions on how to get great natural photos. Once the day was over it was no less than a week before we had our photos back and I can’t believe how amazing they look. The photo editing was perfection and I am so happy that I can look back on our last minute decision to elope with happy memories and beautiful photos to show our family and friends.

Laura & Rachel Photography 12
    Sent on 10/13/2019

Kolin · Married on 09/14/2019

Laura and Rachel are amazing, the way they captured the engagement is just beautiful and they were so great to work with. My fiancé was in total shock, and you did a great job "shopping" to enhance the surprise. She started crying when she saw the pictures, and we are so very grateful for you.

If you have previously thought this isn’t an expense worth incurring, think again, because I don’t think you will ever have the opportunity to capture raw emotion during such a significant life event ever again.

And you should pick Laura and Rachel to do it for you! They were so helpful in planning, and brought some added touches like our calligraphy champagne bottle and beautiful place settings.

Laura and Rachel are the best!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Dustin · Married on 07/21/2019

Laura and Rachel truly are the dynamic mother daughter photography team! They did such an amazing job helping me coordinate the perfect proposal for my girl. They were able to capture a moment that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. My fiancée had no idea they were there until after she said “yes!” because they blended in so well with others at the beach. I am so glad that I was able to pull off this amazing proposal, but truly couldn’t have done it without the help of Laura and Rachel. Thank you both so much for all of the wonderful photos that highlight our love and happiness for one another. -Dustin & Angie

Laura & Rachel Photography 13
    Laura & Rachel Photography 14
    Laura & Rachel Photography 15
    Sent on 07/12/2018

Courtney Moncivais · Married on 06/14/2019

Talented, unique and professional duo

I can’t say enough good things about these two. Their attention to details, professionalism, and talent will speaks for itself. I highly recommend booking with them for your future photography needs. I was so impressed by both of them taking shots with different cameras and angles to ensure the perfect pictures. Simply wonderful experience and we have the pictures to prove it!

Laura & Rachel Photography 16
    Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Lauryn

Lauryn Gravelle · Married on 03/16/2019

Dynamic Duo!

Where do I even begin? Laura and Rachel are two of the most kind, dedicated, and talented people I've ever met. Our paths crossed by chance at a bridal runway show and it didn't take longer than a few seconds to see how genuinely passionate they were about their profession in photography or serving their couples.

Since then, we've developed an incredible friendship and my husband and I couldn't be more thankful for them. They've captured a couples portrait session (2016), graduation portraits (2017), my *surprise!* proposal (2017), our engagement (2018), and finally ... our WEDDING (2019)! Every shoot we have had with Laura and Rachel has been incredibly enjoyable and FUN! My husband does not normally enjoy having his pictures taken, but he jumps at every opportunity to be in front of Laura and Rachel's cameras ... simply because they make the experience so wonderful and easy-going.

As if the experience itself isn't reason enough to pick them ... their images are unbeatable! Seeing how detail-oriented they are in person makes complete sense when you have the images in hand. They take every bit of lighting, plants, people, and location in to consideration.

My husband and I truly cherish every photograph they have taken for us, but our wedding was (hands-down) the most incredible of them all. Everyone tells you that your wedding day will fly by, and they're 100% right. I felt like I missed out on some of the details of the day ... until I got our photos back from L & R. Looking through our wedding gallery allowed us to relive each and every moment of the best day of our lives. They captured every ounce of emotion, laughter, tears, smiles... We can't express in words how much it means to have these memories so beautifully preserved for the rest of our lives.

There's absolutely no one else we would trust to capture such significant moments in our life together. Laura and Rachel, thank you for being wonderful people, photographers, and friends. We love you!

Laura & Rachel Photography 21
    Laura & Rachel Photography 26
    Laura & Rachel Photography 27
    Sent on 04/16/2019

Alexandra · Married on 10/27/2018

Kind, thoughtful and TALENTED!

We could not have been HAPPIER with our experience of working with Laura and Rachel. Not only are they incredibly talented, but their sweet and caring personalities put you instantly at ease. The engagement session was a wonderful way to get to know them, and we felt totally confident that they would capture our day beautifully. My bridesmaids loved all of the posing tips they gave them on the day of the wedding. We cannot say enough good things about these ladies!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Mariel Mccarter · Married on 10/14/2018

Absolute Joy

Laura and Rachel are an absolute JOY to work with. They are caring, helpful and attentive from introduction months ahead of the wedding all the way through post-wedding photos and questions. It was so touching that they wanted to get to know us as a couple ahead of the wedding and understand our style and energy, which is evident in the photos. Likewise, their present and calm energy on the wedding day was a much appreciated asset! They are incredibly talented and we are beyond thrilled with our wedding day photos.

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing, Talented Photographers!

Working with Laura and Rachel was a true joy! They are incredibly genuine, passionate and amazing at what they do (not to mention, they are so talented at photography)! Photographers play an intimate role in your big day, they are around you at the most precious/monumental moments and Laura and Rachel are the perfect photographers to help make your wedding day extra magical. They make you feel comfortable in front of the camera, capture your love, make you feel valued and celebrate the excitement of your special day with you as if they were your longtime friends.

I was constantly so impressed with their professionalism, organization, helpfulness and responsiveness. They always made me feel like I could reach out to them with a question or run something by them without being a bug. Their responses were always quick, detail oriented and helpful. Because they are so organized and on top of it, I knew photos were something I did not have to worry about leading up to the big day!
    Our engagement photos and wedding photos have received so many compliments by family and friends! Every time I look through the photos, I find a new favorite because their photos are so beautiful. I was so impressed with receiving our edited photos back in an exceptionally timely manner (this was also during the time Rachel had a baby and that didn’t stop them from providing extraordinary service).

I cannot stress enough how amazing and talented Laura and Rachel are! My husband and I are beyond happy with our engagement and wedding photos and know we will cherish the photos for years to come!

Laura & Rachel Photography 28
    Laura & Rachel Photography 29
    Laura & Rachel Photography 30
    Laura & Rachel Photography 31
    Sent on 10/15/2018

Britni · Married on 09/21/2018

Let me just start off by sating if you want a genuine, good hearted and fan-flippin-tastic look no further. Laura and Rachel are literally the best mother daughter dynamic duo when if comes to photography, we were referred by another photographer we knew and honestly couldnt be more greatful. My husband and i are picky on what kind of style and effect we wanted for our wedding and engagement photos. We wanted something genuine and not staged and laura and rachel were able to do that and more. Both our engagment and wedding session went far beyond our expectations because of the time and energy laura and rachel put into each couple. They take the time to get to know you as a couple and person and go off that. They are literally worth everything they offer and more! You wont regret hiring them to be apart of your wedding day!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Kim · Married on 05/11/2018

Laura and Rachel were so professional, attentive and easy to work with. They made us feel so special like we were one of their family. When my daughters get married, I hope Laura and Rachel can do the photography. The pictures turned out beautiful even without the sunset we were hoping for.

Laura & Rachel Photography 32
    Sent on 08/02/2018

Harmony · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I are OBSESSED with Laura and Rachel. I was so nervous about picking the best photographers for our engagement and wedding and did a ton of research beforehand. When we found Laura and Rachel, their ability to capture scenery, sunsets and light is what drew us in. After our initial call with them, we knew they were the ones!

From our engagement photos 8+ months prior to our wedding, to the wedding day itself, they made us feel so calm and comfortable the entire time. Taking photos can be awkward and not one bit of working with them was awkward at all! They are also just so kind, so sweet and so professional, and you can tell they genuinely care about all their clients. Not to mention our photos turned out INSANE. We still have guests/friends/family raving about our photographers and how "dreamy" our photos turned out!

We can't wait to have another excuse to work with them!

Laura & Rachel Photography 33
    Laura & Rachel Photography 34
    Sent on 05/07/2018

Teresa · Married on 10/21/2017

We cannot recommend Laura and Rachel enough! In our opinion, booking a wedding photographer can be one of the most difficult and important parts of planning a wedding. From our initial meeting with Laura and Rachel, they immediately put us at ease with their calm demeanor. We also knew right away that these ladies were true professionals and that they would make the entire experience FUN! Their bubbly personalities are infectious, and they were a constant reminder that wedding planning doesn't have to be stressful…it should be an enjoyable and exciting experience! I loved seeing their names pop up in my inbox because I knew it contained a sweet and personable message. Regarding our engagement photos, they happily accommodated my request for multiple outfit changes and photo locations. It was our first time having professional photos taken and they made us feel comfortable, gave us great direction, and made the day effortless! In the months leading up to our wedding day, we worked together on the day-of timeline, and they made certain everything was perfect and dialed in for the big day! On our wedding day, they were our source of calm amongst the chaos! They arrived early to where I was getting ready with my bridesmaids, and took all the shots that were so important to me - the details photos, popping champagne with my girls, first look with my father, my mother zipping up my dress, etc! They went above and beyond throughout the entire day to make sure we were happy, fed (they even served us our hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail reception!), and that they got all the shots we had wanted to capture! Their style is what wedding dreams are made of! Their photos are overflowing with beautiful natural light, relaxed and not forced poses, and most importantly they so beautifully capture the love between the couple. Throughout the entire process, Laura and Rachel made us feel more like life-long friends instead of clients and that kind of business model goes a long way!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Laura · Married on 09/16/2017

We feel so lucky to have had Laura and Rachel as our wedding photographers, the photos and the experience of working with them was amazing!!! From the very beginning (our engagement shoot) they made this camera-shy couple feel at ease. They went above and beyond in providing us a super helpful schedule for the big day, and were very kind throughout to all of our family and friends. Their work speaks for itself and they definitely put their hearts into every shot. Highly recommend :)

Sent on 09/19/2017

MIchael · Married on 08/27/2017

My wife, Janice and I recently were married on August 2017 in Pebble Beach, California. Our photographers for the wedding, as well as for our engagement photos, were Laura Hernandez and her daughter, Rachel Bench. Laura and Rachel are genuine, kind, friendly and caring individuals. Laura and Rachel took the time to get to know us, to understand our story, our journey of how we got to be where we were at the time – engaged and about to be married. We appreciated that about them. We were not treated as mere clients, but made to feel like a part of their family. We did engagement photos in Carmel Valley, CA and Pebble Beach, CA. The sessions were so fun. Both Laura and Rachel made us feel at ease in front of the camera. They work together in military precision capturing all the angles, shades, colors, depth, contrasts, emotions and nuances that make for superior pictures. And that is what we received in the final product, professional, superior and not to mention beautiful, pictures. On the actual day of the wedding, Laura and Rachel were phenomena and outstanding in every sense of the word. They worked in total coordination with our wedding planner and the venue planner. Laura and Rachel are tireless in giving people like Janice and me what we want for our special day photographs. The love and bond between the two of them comes out in how they treat clients like Janice and me, and how they relate to each other and work with folks like us to turn out superior photographs that capture the joy, happiness and importance of a day like our wedding day. Janice and I cannot over emphasize what a joy and privilege it was to have worked with both Laura and Rachel. Not only are they truly professional and gifted photographers, they are photographers with heart, soul and a great sense of humor. We highly endorse them for any photography work you have in mind to capture any special occasion. Laura and Rachel – Thanks for making our special day so wonderful!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Tiffany · Married on 04/14/2017

I've been speechless since the morning you sent me the very first image... and I still have a hard time finding the right words. The very best decision I made in all this was asking you and Rachel to be a part of our long-awaited vow renewal. This was SO important to me and my biggest fear was that I wouldn't be able to find someone to bridge the gap between my romantic fantasies and reality.... oh my goodness gracious, you delivered! Your professionalism, your understanding of what I wanted, your willingness to go (way, way) above and beyond to serve us, and most of all your FRIENDSHIP is something that I will treasure in my soul forever and always. We can't stop staring at our breathtaking photos!! Love you, sweet friend, and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!! (no makeup for me today!!)

Sent on 04/28/2017

Meagan · Married on 04/08/2017

Starting this review was really difficult for me because I wanted to make sure I accurately emphasized how LUCKY we felt to have found Laura and Rachel. I had initially reached out to them with a super generic, not very personable 'email' generated by weddingwire.com. Laura replied with such excitement and gratitude for us having reached out to them. We quickly set up a Skype meeting and as soon as we hung up, I turned to my husband and said "Okay, I'm done searching; Laura and Rachel are adorable and perfect", and my opinion has only grown greater!

Laura and Rachel were with us every step of the way; they go far above and beyond their photographer 'duties'! We often reached out to them with questions and for suggestions and they were always excited and eager to help throughout the process. When we finally met for our engagement photos, it felt like we had already known each other for far longer than a few months and email exchanges!

The day of the wedding, they were AMAZING! They carried cough drops and waters for my sick husband and myself, helped make sure we ate, had drinks for our toast, my dress was cleaned, and perfectly managed my unique family dynamics. The list of things they did to help make the day easier is endless.

I could go on forever, but my bottom line message to couples looking their wedding photographer is LOOK NO FURTHER.

Sent on 05/03/2017

Alexis · Married on 01/21/2017

Laura and Rachel did an amazing job with our engagement and wedding photos. They have a natural talent for getting the perfect shot, no matter the setting or the weather, and they work so well together! Also, they are incredibly responsive, kind, and a pleasure to work with. We could not have been happier with our photos and would give them the highest possible recommendation.

Sent on 02/26/2017

Teresa · Married on 01/07/2017

As a MOB, I just want to share my experience with Laura and Rachel, wedding photographers extraordinaire! All you need to do is to look at their website to see the exquisite pictures they take and how good they are at capturing the love, excitement and emotion of the moment. They are so very experienced at making everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. They pay attention to the smallest details about how people are placed, how they stand and how they hold their bouquets, but they don’t make you feel like you’re posing. They get the little kids to smile and snap their pictures at just the right time. They frame the pictures to take advantage of the surroundings and have an artistic eye and know what will make an exquisite photograph. A good example is how they handled the gale force winds that we had on the day of the wedding. They had the groom with his back to the wind and the bride facing into the wind and it blew her chapel length veil beautifully behind her and the photo was breathtaking! They really paid attention to the photos that were important to the bride and groom and made sure they included all those people and events. They were such a joy to work with and we are so delighted with the pictures. I have so many favorites that I want them all! Looking at the pictures brought back all the joyful emotions of the day and it was so beautifully captured in their photographs. Once you meet them and share your vision about what you want and see the work they have done, you will want to have them memorialize your wedding day. I can highly recommend them without any reservations! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Jenn · Married on 11/06/2016

Laura and Rachel were the best wedding photographers we could have asked for. From day one they were responsive, professional and helpful. From engagement photos to the big day, they made the experience completely comfortable and really helped us feel less awkward in front of the camera. They helped us create the ideal timeline for our wedding and ensured that we got all the images we dreamed up and then some. I really feel like they have become friends and went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great experience - and AMAZING photos to look back on. They are simply the best.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Liv · Married on 10/08/2016

Laura and Rachel are true professionals! As a bride who was planning my wedding from across the country, I found Laura and Rachel via Instagram. I loved their style of portraits, the way they shot details and I felt their enthusiasm and passion through their photos. When I met them in person for engagement pictures I felt that they were long time friends!! They are extremely familiar with the Monterey area which helped a ton as I had a hard time choosing a spot for our engagement session. Laura is extremely responsive via email/text/phone, which is SO helpful for a bride who is planning. Neither of them showed a sweat and were extremely flexible with both the engagement session AND our wedding. They provide great ideas regarding outfits, details, and timeline for both the engagement session and the wedding day. If you do not have a coordinator they have a great timeline that I’m sure has helped many brides. They brought their enthusiasm to our wedding day and I was BEYOND anxious to receive our photos. Of course, they delivered! My only suggestion for any bride is to be very specific with who you would like to get pictures with throughout the day, IE if you would like candid or specific pictures with guests during the reception let them know. They will get it all and do a great job of reminding you (while not being in the way!!), but if you don’t specify then they wont know what is important to you. The pictures will forever tell our story and even two months after our wedding I still look through them each day! Our pictures are stunning and we are beyond happy!! I cant recommend Laura and Rachel enough!!!!!

Sent on 12/07/2016

MacKenzie · Married on 10/02/2016

My (now) husband and I could not be more different when it comes to having our picture taken. He's an actor who shines in front of a camera, while I am an introverted designer who gets incredibly shy when even the prospect of taking pictures is mentioned. I bring all of this up to illustrate how incredible Laura & Rachel (formerly Laura Hernandez Photography) are. During our engagement session and throughout our wedding day they made us feel unbelievably comfortable, safe, and beautiful! And the pictures came out fantastic! They captured our joy and excitement in a way that I didn’t think was possible, and I am so deeply grateful to have found (and hired) them. Laura and Rachel have a wonderful working relationship, and their sunny dispositions and smiles are infectious. Their happiness and love for what they do only helped to magnify our happiness and love for each other, making the whole day that much more special. They are truly gifted artists and I honestly cannot recommend them enough!

Laura & Rachel – From the bottom of our hearts, thank you! You two have given us BEAUTIFUL memories to last a lifetime, and we are so appreciative of your warm hearts and hard work. Thank you for everything you did for us! We wish you the absolute best in your lives and work!

All our love, MacKenzie and Adam