Laura Henderson Makeup Reviews

Laura Henderson Makeup 2
Laura Henderson Makeup 3

Natalie · Married on 11/02/2018

Very Talented!

Laura was simply amazing! I went to her with a vague idea of what I wanted, and she was able to create the perfect look! And she gave great recommendations during our trial session for products to help prep my skin for the wedding. She also did fabulous looks on all 5 of my bridesmaids and my flower girl. Even with all our different styles and tastes Laura was able to nail every look. Since there was so many of us, we had to start around 7 AM for a 4 PM wedding and every single look lasted all day, even the first one who got her makeup done! Hiring Laura was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding.

B · Married on 10/06/2018

Best of the Best

Our daughter had a large group of bridesmaids plus several others who wanted makeup done too. We met 4 potential artists before choosing Laura — based on her ability to listen, understand and then actually produce the look requested at our trial session. Of course it’s one thing to do just one person well in a quiet space with unlimited time — but Laura and co. managed to apply make-up to over a dozen women the day of the wedding — in a hotel suite — with lots of coming and going throughout. EVERYONE was done just right — EVERYONE loved how they looked. Even several guests have called since to ask who did such beautiful work. Happy to tell them and Wedding Wire too. Laura’s a makeup magician!

lauren · Married on 07/14/2018

Where to begin... Laura is AMAZING! She did my makeup, as well as 8 other girls in my bridal party and everyone looked flawless!! I had her do my trial and she kept notes regarding what she used on my skin. I am not much of a makeup person, and told her I wanted something natural that showed my freckles, and she nailed it. The day of the wedding (it was in the summer), I was much tanner than at the trial, but she easily adjusted what she had to do. I have never felt or looked so beautiful in my life!
    The day of the wedding, she was all set up ready to go by the time the bridal party arrived. She brought a second makeup artist (Emily) who was also great! Laura was calm, cool and collected the whole time. My mom (who doesnt wear makeup ever) was so happy with everything! The makeup barely felt like it was there- no caking, no heavy feel, my skin didn't breakout after I took off the makeup. It was amazing! You can't go wrong with Laura!!

Laura Henderson Makeup 4

Sydney · Married on 05/05/2018

Laura is a very talented makeup artist! The makeup she did for me (the bride) was stunning, very comfortable to wear, and held up for 10+ hours. She was very patient in understanding exactly the look I wanted and bringing out my best features. Also, my skin has never looked so good!! During the trial and the day-of, she was professional, on time, and have a friendly personality. I highly recommend Laura!

Anna · Married on 04/28/2018

Laura did an amazing job getting everyone ready on my wedding day! I contacted her last minute, and was fortunate enough she still have the day available. She was also able to pull together another artist to help everyone get ready. Everyone looked fresh faced and BEAUTIFUL! I would highly recommend Laura to anyone who is considering getting their makeup done for their wedding!

Julia · Married on 11/03/2017

After a really bad makeup trial with another vendor in the area, my wedding planner recommended Laura and I could not have been more happy that I switched last minute to use her makeup services for my wedding. She truly is the best! She was super flexible and very accommodating since I contacted her only a month out from my wedding. I was very nervous about my makeup since I had a less than ideal experience elsewhere but Laura put me completely at ease. Our consultation was fantastic, she listened to my vision carefully and intently and made it come to life. I absolutely loved my makeup for my wedding day, she is UBER talented and make it look natural but special all at the same time. My friends who also got their makeup done by Laura also absolutely loved what she did too! I can’t wait to meet up with her and take some makeup classes with her soon!

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

Absolutely loved the way Laura did my makeup & my bridesmaids' makeup for my wedding day. I don't wear a lot of makeup normally, so it was really important to me that I still looked like myself (okay, maybe an enhanced version of myself) for my big day, and Laura totally nailed it. I can't thank her enough!

Victoria · Married on 09/23/2017

I fell in love with Laura's make up through Instagram searching and she is worth every penny! I brought a couple inspiration pics to the trial run where we were able to nail down what I wanted as I didn't know at the start. She mixed her own lipstick colors so that we could get exactly what I wanted. Come day of the wedding, she was able to give each bridesmaid their desired look and everyone was obsessed with our make up, everyone looked so good. What I liked the most was her lash application, I didn't really notice they were there the entire time and I have had problems in the past with fake lashes. In addition, they were really fun to get ready with. Our make up lasted all evening, even through the hot weather. I would definitely recommend her to a friend, she did an incredible job!

Laura Henderson Makeup 5
    Laura Henderson Makeup 6

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2016

Laura truly has a gift for bringing true beauty out of her clients. She not only knows how to highlight each individual’s best features, but she does it using the highest quality products that are safe and healthy for your skin. From glamorous to natural looks, she listens to her clients wants and creates the exact look you’re looking for. The makeup feels light and fresh, yet has the staying power to last all night, even through an epic dance party. She also has the sweetest, most calming demeanor – a perfect pairing to ease any wedding day butterflies.

Heather · Married on 10/09/2016

Laura truly deserves way more than 5 stars! I couldn’t have been happier with my experience with Laura! She is an incredibly talented makeup artist and so very sweet. A friend of mine recommended Laura and I am so grateful that she did. As soon as I saw Laura’s portfolio I was blown away by the gorgeous and natural looks she was able to create on every single client! I knew I had to book her. The trial was amazing and Laura was so patient in answering our million questions about skincare and makeup. She instantly knew what would work well with my skin and the natural look I was going for. Laura expertly helped us schedule getting 11 girls ready, which was no easy task! On our wedding day, Laura arrived before the sun and did an incredible job, as did her assistant. Everyone looked absolutely stunning! The makeup lasted all day and night and looks gorgeous in our photos. Look no further, Laura is the best!!!

Libby · Married on 10/02/2016

Laura is so easy to work with! She not only makes you feel comfortable, but also beautiful! She is definitely an artist and I highly recommend her!

Nicole · Married on 09/10/2016

I found Laura through a recommendation from the hair stylist I booked for our wedding. From the start, Laura was extremely responsive and professional. She did an amazing job at my trial and I was excited to work with her for our wedding day! She was flexible when I changed the start time a few days prior based on my photographers schedule. The day of the wedding, she did the makeup for myself and 5 bridesmaids. She worked diligently on each person making sure that they were pleased with their look. Not only did Laura do a beautiful job on everyone, but she was also friendly and relaxed the whole morning. Throughout the wedding, my bridesmaids and I got numerous compliments on our makeup. I would highly recommend Laura to anyone that needs makeup professionally done for anything!

Caroline · Married on 08/13/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Laura Henderson Makeup! Laura and her assistant recently did all the make-up for two moms, six bridesmaids, and me-the bride and everyone was so happy with their make-up and looked stunning. From the start, Laura was so easy to work with and I knew after my trial she was a must to book! Laura was able to give me a very natural and glowing look on my wedding day that even survived the 100+ degree temperatures on that hot August day! If you are looking for a very talented and affordable make-up artist look no further. Book Laura!

Abby · Married on 07/16/2016

Oh, Laura! What a sweet, loving, and passionate woman! I was so happy to connect with her and Kirsten for on-site hair and make-up services for my wedding day. Laura is so knowledgeable about make-up and during my trial I had so much fun just talking to her and getting to know her story and what brought her to this field. She is so talented and when I told her about my flower colors, she and I had some fun picking out lip colors for my wedding day - what a perfect choice! The lips really added such a fun pop of color to everything with the make-up and my floral bouquet. With 6 bridesmaids, MOG, MOB, and a bride to get through - Laura needed to get started pretty early in the day - but she did not mind one bit. She totally transformed everyone into beauty queens for the day and everyone was thrilled with their make-up. I’ve told both Kirsten and Laura many times that they truly made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world on my wedding day and I was so incredibly happy with everything. Laura is so professional, quickly responding to e-mails and staying organized with each client. I can’t say enough positive things! Truly the best!

Danielle · Married on 07/02/2016

Laura Henderson was a joy to work with! She was incredibly professional as well as very talented. I wish I could look that pretty every day!! She put on the perfect amount of make up, where you still looked like yourself. My bridesmaids all loved their makeup. One of them even said, "I look better today than I did on MY wedding day!" She also did my mother's make-up and she looked stunning. We looked as good at the end of the night (10 hours later) after sweating and dancing as we did when we first got our makeup done. Make the decision today, contact Laura for your wedding!!

Eline · Married on 06/12/2016

Laura is amazing!! Due to traveling and stress I had some skinnissues on my weddingday. I was so concerned but she made me feel so beautiful. Because I live in Holland we had to communicate via email. I always felt comfortable eventhough we couldn't talk face to face. Besides her great talent for makeup she is also a wonderfull en sweet person. I would recommend Laura to every bride in the world! She is great!

Jenessa · Married on 05/29/2016

Laura is awesome! I contacted her after a recommendation from my hair stylist, Tress Hair Co, and upon our phone consultation shortly thereafter, I knew she totally got the Great Gatsby/art deco-era glam look I was going for. I was pleased with my makeup trial I had with her a few months later, and Laura was also really flexible when I asked her to push back the start time on my wedding day a little bit so that the touch-up would overlap with our photographer's start time. She came on site to our wedding hotel, and was so fun and friendly to hang out with during our six-hour makeup session. All of my bridesmaids and the mothers felt so gorgeous with Laura's artistic touch, and our makeup lasted the entire day, even through a little rain and some happy tears. I got so many compliments about how I looked that day, I'm beginning to wonder if I should hold Laura on retainer so I can feel that beautiful every day. Thanks for everything, Laura!

Liz · Married on 05/14/2016

Laura was so amazing to work with and truly made everyone look amazing! Laura came on-site to do makeup for 5 of us. Honestly, her prices cannot be beat for someone to come onsite. She also really takes her time with everyone and listened to what everyone wanted for their make-up. I wanted a natural look and she did just that and knew exactly how much makeup to put on so that I would look natural and yet still stand out. I wish I could have Laura do my makeup everyday!

Kara · Married on 05/07/2016

Laura is an amazingly talented makeup artist! I can't even begin to describe how happy I was that I chose her for my wedding day. She was so amazing to work with and truly made everyone look stunning! My bridesmaids and I got compliments all night long on our make up. I didn't have a picture with me when I did my trial with her and told her I just wanted a natural look and she did exactly that. I wish I could hire Laura to do my make up everyday - she is truly the best! Thank you again, Laura for making me feel absolutely beautiful on my special day :)

Kirby · Married on 04/30/2016

If you are looking for makeup services, look no further. Laura is truly one of the best in the business and you should hire her!

I've had makeup done before professionally and haven't always been thrilled with the outcome. Laura simply blew it out of the water for my trial run (and again on my big day). She really knew how to take the inspiration I provided her and use it to accentuate my best features. I just loved the way she did my eye makeup and it looked great in all the photos! Also, all of my bridesmaids looked drop dead gorgeous! Laura started makeup in the morning for us and it held up perfectly well into the late night hours. An added bonus, she is so friendly and sweet to talk to!

Another thing about Laura that really sets her above the rest is her passion to put her clients first. I had a freak accident occur after Laura had finished makeup and left to go home. While waiting to leave the hotel to head to the venue, a bottle of champagne broke and hit my head, causing blood to gush out all over my face in less than a second. Luckily I did not need stitches (and I did not have my dress on yet) but a bunch of wet towels were rubbed all over my face to clean up the blood. While the makeup actually held up really well, I was really upset and concerned about how I looked so we called her up and she didn't even hesitate about coming to meet us at the venue. Even though Laura had already worked a 9 hour day, she agreed to drive another 40 minutes one way to meet us and touch up my makeup. I'm so thankful for Laura because she truly saved the day by putting me first above her own needs.

Thanks again, Laura! You are the best!

• User5419741 · 2+ years ago

I am soooo thrilled to recommend Laura to everyone I know! She is absolutely amazing! Not only is she a skilled and extremely talented makeup artist but she is a wonderful person who became a friend throughout the planning process! From the initial consultation to the trial, Laura was such a great person to work with. Without much makeup experience I didn't really know exactly what I wanted, but she took her creative and professional expertise and did such an incredible job on my makeup giving me a look that I would've picked out in a magazine!!! I got so many compliments and my makeup lasted all night! It was so convenient having Laura come to the hotel to do my makeup along with 4 of my bridesmaids, it made the day completely stress free and full of fun memories. Everyone was raving about her and loved how natural yet glamorous they looked! I have already recommended her to a friend and would highly recommend her to everyone I know - It will be the best choice you make when it comes to your dream wedding look!

Caroline · Married on 10/24/2015

Laura did an incredible job with my wedding day makeup! When we met for my trial a few months before the wedding, I told her I was envisioning a natural and "glowy" look with just a little bit of drama. I wasn't sure of the specifics of what I was looking for, since I normally wear very little makeup...I just knew I wanted to look like the prettiest version of myself. Laura MORE than delivered, creating a beautiful, romantic, natural look that made me feel my absolute best. I got tons of compliments! On top of doing a fabulous job with my makeup, she was also a pleasure to work with throughout the months leading up to the wedding. I made a couple of changes to my original plans, and Laura took it all in stride and was completely flexible and understanding. She was also super friendly, fun, and easy to talk to during the trial and wedding day. I highly recommend working with Laura!

Lindsay · Married on 10/17/2015

Laura was amazing from start to finish. I contacted Laura 10 months before my wedding and spoke with her over the phone to discuss what I expected to look like on my wedding day. She even gave me some tips of what I can be doing to prepare my face in the months ahead for the big day. I then met Laura for my trial two months before my wedding, I automatically felt comfortable with her and trusted her work. She listened to me about the look I was going for and envisioned. I wanted a natural look yet something to complement my features. She did just that!
    On the wedding day she made me feel at ease even with having to do my 5 other bridesmaids and flower girls in a given time frame. She not only made me look gorgeous but my wedding party as well. We all raved all day about how we looked and were so pleased with Laura's work. My makeup lasted all day from the ceremony to a late night of dancing at the reception.
    I would highly recommend Laura Henderson Makeup to any future bride or someone looking for a personal makeup session.

Brie · Married on 08/22/2015

Laura is so amazing to work with! She is extremely talented and has such amazing customer service.

I was beyond lucky to have Laura do the makeup for my wedding. Her and I knew each other from high school, but both moved out of our hometown. When my fiancé and I decided to get married in our hometown we started seeking out vendors that really complimented our wedding. I knew that Laura was who I wanted, but I also knew the chances of getting her to travel 2,000 miles for us were very slim. I was so excited when she agreed to! She totally completed everything I had hoped to have for my wedding!

I want to also say that Laura was extremely flexible and understanding throughout the entire process! She listened to all of my bridesmaids about what they wanted as far as their look went and she made any adjustments that people wanted. She was the first to arrive at my venue and she stayed longer than I ever expected her to! She worked her absolute butt off!

Katelyn · Married on 06/20/2015

Laura was an incredible vendor to work with. I would recommend her to my best friends and trust that they would be just as happy as I am. Laura provided makeup for myself, bridesmaids and mother. She was diligent before the wedding date making sure the schedule would work for such a big party and arrived on time ready to get started the morning of. Laura was flexible and we had a trial a few months before the big day, she took pictures to remember and let me make any changes I wanted. While choosing vendors for makeup remember these are people you spend your entire wedding day with. You want someone, friendly and comforting to be around, Laura knocked this out of the park and felt like a friend the entire day.

Our wedding day was extremely hot and calling for severe storms. My makeup held up the entire night even with the heat. People complimented that my makeup looked just as good at the end of the night as the beginning. This was huge for me as I was able to enjoy the day and not have to worry about my makeup staying. I cannot thank Laura enough for making me feel so special and beautiful!