18 Reviews for Laura Burchfield Events

Cultural (1)
Double Weddings (1)
Military (1)
18 Laura Burchfield Events Reviews

When we got engaged there were 4 priority items I needed - 1. wedding planner/coordinator, 2. venue, 3. photobooth, 4. photographer... yes, in that order. Man, did we knock it out the park with getting #1 on the list. Laura was excellent from Day 1! She came recommended from a photographer friend that had worked with her before. I wanted to have a day of coordinator from the start of the whole planning process. While I was doing all the planning, I was able to keep Laura in the loop on everything so that the ~2 months before when we get down to all the details we weren't just getting to know each other and what the vision of the wedding was.

Laura helped throughout the whole process. We paid to have her help coming up with a budget plan and I was able to contact her for her professional advice - like does my invite say all that it should, what do you think of this combination, do you have any suggestions on xyz. Laura was always able to help and guide which made the whole planning process that much more enjoyable. I like to lean on experts, especially for something as big as my wedding and something I'm not super familiar with.

Laura never pushed vendors on me or made decisions for me. She helped us keep an eye out for things and get clarity on day of details. She coordinated all the vendors - when they should arrive, what they need, where they'll be etc. When it gets close to wedding day, trust me, you need someone who will hunt down all the last minute details while you worry about all the other things going on that will be brought to you -- like where is so and so staying, what are you doing this minute and the next, who's going to be where when... It was nice to sometimes be able to just point to Laura and have people talk to her.

Rehearsal and day of - Laura runs a tight ship! She completely kept the whole wedding on track and moving. It all went as planned!

Profile Picture Malika, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Cultural, Religious

jorieanna weirather
in the last week
I researched and researched wedding planners. I probably met with 10 wedding planners and Laura was one of them. After talking the first time I knew she was the perfect planner for me. We started working together about 11 months before my New Years Eve wedding. From timelines to coordination to therapist there wasn't anything Laura didnt do. She helped me track down my dress when my bridal store shut down, referred awesome vendors, set up appointments, helped me deal with family drama, found us a dance instructor two months before wedding when our original instructors fell through. She helped me deal with every single detail the entire journey. I didn't have to be anxious about anything and when i did (wedding weekend) she answered every question and let me freak out to her. She turned my Pinterest wedding dreams into a reality. It was a perfect day and a huge part of that was because of Laura. She truly is the best wedding planner in the world. Five star doesn't even begin to cover it.

Profile Picture Jorie, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Our daughter's wedding was held at Lake Oconee in May 2017 and it was perfect weekend from start to finish. We worked with Ellen and she was great with all my MOB questions. To any future MOB's looking for a wedding planner...Ellen at Laura Burchfield will take excellent care of you. I wasn't sure how everything would just come together but come together it did! Ellen works closely with each vendor and makes the magic happen. Due to Ellen's talent and professionalism we were able to celebrate our daughter's wedding with our family and guests knowing that Ellen could and would handle any situation. Thanks Ellen!

Profile Picture kelsey, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Double Weddings, Military, Religious, Full Planning

Laura is one of the most professional, detail orientated people I have ever worked with....rest assured you will be in good hands by hiring her! As the father of the bride, I was able to relax and enjoy the day!

Profile Picture Joe, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning

Email I sent to Laura after:

Laura.

I cannot even begin to try and express how amazing you made our wedding. You somehow took our crazy minds and turned them into great recommendations and utter professionalism and experience working with the right people. It was the best weekend of my life and we honestly owe it all to you and our vendors. You knew how to reel me in at the rehearsal in a polite and stern way, you know how to deal with adversity in any way (i.e.poor Hollywood calling it an early night, etc). We had everything we could've wanted and more. We will definitely get on the review soon! Thanks again more than you can know.

Profile Picture Andy, 4/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura (the business owner) and Ellen (our main coordinator) both did an excellent job. I can't speak highly enough of the two of them and the work they did. Hiring a day-of coordinator meant that we could focus on the details we cared about and let the professionals handle the things we didn't. They rolled with our (often strange) choices and helped us achieve the wedding we wanted. Best of all, on the day of the wedding itself I could relax because I knew they had everything under control. Laura Burchfield Events is well worth your money.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 3/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I am just getting back in the swing of things but wanted to send you a note saying THANK YOU! Really a huge thank you! From assisting us with the last minute details and the day of coordinating, it was really the best service we could have asked for on our special day! It meant a lot to me to have Samantha and Morgan there to help with all the day of details...and being in the event industry I did not worry about anything, really I did not...Richard and I were able to enjoy everything!!

It was a beautiful and magical day, and thank you for being part of the great team of vendors to make all that we wanted come to full vision!!

Profile Picture Kim, 3/18/17, 1 Review
2.8

My wedding was awesome! In general everything was great. However Laura services wasn't what I expected:

- she doesn't have experience with international weddings, not even with people for another countries and cultures. I am Venezuelan and my husband is American so our wedding was an I multicultural wedding. I have to give her a detailed list of what I wanted for the wedding day, 4 pages with instructions and she missed stuff.
- I bought petals and put them in smalls bags. We don't know where there are, , still looking for the petals. She didn't email me back saying, nataly I am sorry I couldn't find them. I spend 200 on petals.
- I gave her a box with decoration to place in a small desk for the ceremony, she didn't open de box, the table was empty.
- I asked her to take care of my wedding cake, I didn't want the florist to over decorate the cake. She didn't do it, cake had several flowers that cover the cake topper.

Communication with her was very difficult, I honestly believe she doesn't like me, but we are doing business.

I read others reviews about here and wasn't bad, maybe my $1650 weren't enough for a day of the wedding coordination?

She always was rude and dress inappropriate for the day of the ceremony, my wedding was formal.

My wedding was in Barnsley Resort, I have a band a DJ and 100 people.

If you want a standard wedding she can do it perfectly. Don't ask for changes, ideas o something that is out of the box.

Profile Picture Nataly, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Unfortunately, my writing and grammar isn't nearly as good as Laura's attention to detail regarding our wedding. After some skepticism from my bit of a control freak fiance, we took on Laura as our planner. She was an absolute game changer for us. Her organization, promptness and all other adjectives that you could think of to positively describe an event coordinator made her an absolute pleasure to work with. She really allowed us to take our focus away from making sure everything was in order and focus on each other on the big day. I have included my contact information below and am happy to speak with anyone regarding her capabilities. Highly recommended and couldn't have done it without her.

Profile Picture Ryan, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura is very organized. Perfect at planning a timeline. And great at keeping us on schedule the day of. Highly recommend her. :-)

Profile Picture Gina, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

It was once again a joy to work with Laura. She is so professional and easy to work with. As an officient I sometimes come upon planners who try to tell me how to do my part. Not Larua -- when it comes to the service she tells me when to start and then lets me go. She is great to work with and I recommend her to anyone out there looking for help in planning any event.

Profile Picture Mike, 11/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Laura and her team as the day-of-the-wedding coordinators and they did a fantastic job keeping us on schedule and making sure everything went smoothly! We're so very happy with how everything turned out. Thanks for being so organized and professional and taking care of all the details. We would certainly recommend Laura to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator.

Profile Picture Lana, 10/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Do not give it a second thought! This is the biggest day in your life so far, let Laura and Ellen make it the very best. I cannot imagine my daughter's wedding without Ellen!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination

Laura Burchfield has been a vendor planning weddings at our Resort for 2+ years now. She has the tenacious, thorough, and calm demeanor that is necessary for a successful and efficiently executed event! Laura gives the brides all of the tools she needs to make sure all of the t's are crossed and i's are dotted while making the experience joyful and exciting along the way!! She is a pleasure to work with not only for the brides and families, but for the venue's as well. She is always prepared, planned, and communication skills are top notch! I would recommend Laura to anyone who wishes for their special to day to go as they wished and hope that I will be able to use her services if I happen to ever marry some day! Truly the best!

Profile Picture User7280456, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As an officiant I have to work with a lot of different couples without a wedding planner. If you are going to have a big wedding you need a great planner & Laura Burchfield is a great one. I found her extremely easy to work with but she knew exactly what she was doing and she did it well. I would work with Laura at any opporutnity I could.

Profile Picture MIke, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura is incredible! She made our day so magical and it ran so smooth! She kept us calm, kept everything running smoothly, and made our day a dream came true. She was available to answer all questions no matter how little and silly they may have seemed. She is very realistic and professional. Loved working with this company!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/10/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Religious

Laura is the BEST wedding planner I have worked with. She has been our number one recommended wedding planner for years. All of her events run smoothly and seamlessly. She is always positive with a calm demeanor and great to work with on such an important day! She is fun to plan with and will relieve the stress of your wedding planning process. You will be in great hands with this talented lady!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura is excellent to work with. She has made us a better caterer and helped us reach new guests. She is well-organized and works very hard.

Profile Picture Matt, 8/1/16, 1 Review