Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon Reviews

Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon 5
Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon 6
Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon 7

Lauren · Married on 07/15/2016

Lastrina Girls has a great selection of beautiful dresses. So many in fact that I had a hard time choosing between a few of them. Krista, the owner, was so wonderful and helped me throughout the process. I was definitely not an easy customer - I went back and forth and changed my mind a lot. She was so patient and sweet and never made me feel pressured to make a decision right away. I ended up buying an absolutely stunning dress for an incredible price. I'm so happy I went there!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Laura · Married on 04/23/2016

Wedding dress shopping can be stressful but this was certainly not my experience at Lastrina girls in Middletown, CT. We were a small bridal shopping group, just my mom and I, and Lastrina was one of four salons we were visiting in the few days she was up visiting from New Jersey. As soon as we walked into Lastrina, we were greeted by Krista and felt immediately at ease. She was warm, friendly, and incredibly kind. Her goal was to learn about me so that she could help me choose the dress that would fit my personality and expectations. Rather than immediately showing us dresses, she sat down with us, asking how I wanted to feel on our wedding day, what our ceremony and reception was going to be like, and other details about the day. Her final question was about our budget and she never brought me a dress that was over that amount. There also was never any pressure to purchase a dress and she understood that I was still in the process of shopping around. I fell in love with dress there but had one other appointment that afternoon. After that appointment, and having not found any dress or any other experience we loved as much, we returned to Lastrina and Krista! We purchased my dream dress and I could not have been happier with my first experience shopping there and the subsequent alternations that followed. Throughout the months leading up to the wedding, Krista and the other staff at Lastrina remained incredibly warm and friendly. I was so happy with my dress the day of the wedding and loved every minute of wearing it!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Lastrina girls was absolutely wonderful! I went to many many bridal shops before Lastrina girls (like 10). I really liked two dresses, and they were wonderful in helping me decide which one was best. They performed my alterations as well, and were very accommodating to my schedule. Overall, extremely professional and friendly staff.

Sent on 11/04/2015
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 07/18/2015

This was my first and only stop for my wedding dress! My girlfriend was looking for bridal shops close to my wedding venue and found Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon. Krista, the owner, was very friendly and patient. She offered advice and suggestions in a very gentle manner. I returned to the store with my mother who also thought Krista was delightful. It was very easy to schedule appointments and fittings. If I had any inquiries, Krista got back to me right away. I had purchased a veil elsewhere without having my dress. When I tried them on together the colors were not a match. This was about 6 weeks out from the wedding. I needed loops in my veil instead of a comb and Krista checked with the company she uses for veils and they said they could accommodate my request. I completely left the veil selection up to Krista. I trusted her and I knew at this point she knew me and she knew my style. She picked the perfect veil- I loved it!! It was such a pleasant experience working with Krista!

Sent on 08/19/2015
  • F

Francesca · Married on 07/10/2015

Krista is simply amazing. She knows best how to pick dresses that look great on any figure. She found the perfect dress for my body type, and I couldn't be any happier. Her boutique is beautiful, and the appointments were always private, which added a special touch when trying on gowns. She is friendly, accommodating, and very easy to work with. She met all of my needs and was always happy to help. She also helped my sister find her wedding gown 3 years ago. I am so impressed by her and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/08/2015
  • Christine Graichen

christine · Married on 06/27/2015

Krista Lastrina's customer service is FLAWLESS! I had a WONDERFUL experience with Lastrina Girls Bridal from start to finish! Krista is professional, courteous and fun. She was calm too- which helped this nervous bride a lot! I will refer Lastrina to everyone!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Kara · Married on 06/06/2015

Krista and her amazing team helped me through my whole wedding process. From helping me with all the details of my dress, which I had cut in the front to see my cowboy boots, alterations, belt styles, fittings, to all of my bridesmaids, they were amazing and I couldn't have imagined a better experience. Krista responded within a day whenever I changed my mind on color or had a question about a bridesmaid. She knew my name every time I walked in and checked in with me during the whole process. The type of service and detail Krista and her whole team provided was so personal, they didn't treat my wedding party and me like just another wedding party. We felt special and important and taken care of. Lastrina Girls definitely raises the bar when it comes to customer service and they made wedding dress and bridesmaid dress shopping fun and relaxing.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/15/2014

What can I say? This was the most important part of my wedding to me (other than my husband) and Krista was such a blessing. I wore a La Sposa gown that I never would have even tried on if she hadn't pushed me and I fell absolutely in love with it. She was so helpful right up until the day of the wedding with every detail regarding my dress and I couldn't have gotten through the process without her. I'm so happy I stumbled upon Her shop and would absolutely recommend not only her store but her service as well.

Sent on 12/04/2014

I was more than satisfied with my wedding dress purchase from Lastrina Girls Bridal. The owner Krista went above and beyond to help me with the dress and finding accessories. I was constantly at the bridal shop to try on the floor sample for friends and family and she never made me feel like I was a nuisance. I would recommend this bridal shop to anyone looking for AMAZING customer service and a beautiful selection of dresses for reasonable prices.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2014

Working with Krista was a wonderful experience! Every step of the way she listened to exactly what I wanted, and she made everything so easy!

Amanda · Married on 08/29/2014

I went to Krista a few years back when she first opened in a little shop that she shared with a tux/suit shop. I am so glad my wedding was put on hold because I got to go back to Krista when she moved and had a much better/bigger selection of dresses to choose from. Krista's new shop is beautiful. Krista and her staff were phenomenal! I fell in love with my dress the moment I put it on. Appointments were always prompt and the staff was always friendly. My only complaint I would have was that the seamstress who did my bustle didn't do a good job. My dress ripped as soon as the bustle was put together so I spent my whole night carrying around my dress. I would recommend Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon to anyone looking for a bridal dress!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Lastrina Girls was the perfect place to find a wedding dress. They were very accommodating and made finding my dress easy!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Christina · Married on 06/13/2014

I visited about 8 different stores when looking for a wedding dress and Lastrina was my favorite by far. The store has a good variety of styles without being huge and overwhelming. Krista was very helpful in choosing a dress, professional yet friendly. She was one of the few shop owners who did not make me feel guilty for not wanting to spend a fortune on my dress. She also helped me choose bridesmaids colors and was very flexible with the bridesmaids about coming in for fittings. She called me later to let me know that all my girls had not ordered their dresses yet before it had to become a rush order. I highly recommend this bridal salon!

Sent on 01/10/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2014

I had the most amazing stress free experience. I must have called and/or popped in with different shoes and undergarments a dozen times and everytime was accommodated with a smile from the friendly, helpful and knowledgable staff.
    The dress was fitted and put together flawlessly. They also worked with my limited schedule.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/30/2017

I loved shopping here for my wedding dress!! I went here with the intention of trying on dresses just to get ideas, but by the fourth dress, I was done! The women there are so friendly, and they made me feel so special. They also understood exactly what I was looking for, and they pulled my perfect dress. I can not thank them enough!

Sent on 10/03/2017

I had the most wonderful experience with Krista at Lastrina Girls. She has a beautiful selection of dresses, a very large and comfortable dressing room, and I was the only appointment scheduled at that time (I don't think she books more than one at once) which allowed Krista to focus completely on me. I needed a dress with hardly any time before my wedding and she had a beautiful sample gown that flattered my body and fit my venue and image for the day perfectly. She also carries many sample dresses in larger sizes than a regular bridal shop because she understands that so many brides are not waif-thin -- and those dresses are flattering to curves!! Krista has a great eye for curating her dress collection and was super sweet and helpful.
    Half a star off for value because we found afterward that a formal dress we purchased off-the-rack was sold in 2 other stores for cheaper. The gowns appeared to be priced well and reasonably.

Sent on 11/12/2015
  • FutureMrs.C

Jessica · Getting married on 05/16/2020

Amazing to work with and a great selection

Everyone at the Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon was very nice and welcoming and I immediately felt like they truly cared about helping me find the dress for my big day! The bridal consultant I worked with was so enthusiastic about helping me and was able to find amazing options based on what I was describing that I wanted as well as the vibe of my wedding. All of the dresses are beautiful and accommodate a variety of budgets, which was nice. Also, the layout of the space is great- big open windows, and plenty of seating and room so no one felt squished- these things really make a difference! The dressing room is also very spacious. And then finally when I found my dress I felt like they were celebrating with me and were genuinely happy, and did a great job of explaining the terms of the purchase. I would definitely recommend them! They’re amazing and I look forward to working with them more moving forward.

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Michaila

Michaila · Married on 05/17/2019

First place I went to and found my dress

The first girl I worked with found a lot of the dresses I showed her from my phone. The dress I picked was the 4th from last dress I tried on. A little pushy on asking me if it was the dress but I new I loved it so there was no problem there. Great people to talk to and a pleasure doing business with.

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon 8
    Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon 9
    Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon 10
    Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon 11

3.8
      3.0

I cannot say one bad thing about Krista and her bridal salon! They were wonderful. The only problem I encountered was with the tailor recommended to my bridesmaids and their dresses needing to be revised the day before the wedding! They did get their dresses from Lastrina as well so I just wish the quality of service was reciprocated by the tailoring afterwards.

Lindsey · Married on 05/22/2016

1.4
      2.0
      1.5
      2.0
      1.0

I tried my hardest to give this salon a chance, I honestly did. But from the moment I walked in, I was made to feel like my day was not important to them. I am a bride and went there to buy dresses for my bridesmaids and my mother.
    ...they gave my mother absolutely no time! Wouldn't even pull dresses for her, I had to do the work and help her into the dresses myself!!
    Then I found a bridesmaid dress I liked but needed a dress for my junior bridesmaids as well. They informed me that the dress I picked could not come in junior sizes so they showed me the only 2 dresses in the store that could come in a junior dress. I hated both picks but reluctantly settled on one that matched with my other girls....
    Fast forward 10 weeks, my junior bridesmaid dresses came in, and they were each 4-6 sizes too big!!!! My mother, a 43 year old woman who has had 3 children could fit in one of the dresses! The dress even had boobs! Even the bridesmaid dresses which they measured in their own store weren't even close to fitting the girls.
    I called the store to see if they could help this monstrosity of a mess, and they just keep saying it's my fault that my girls were too thin for their companies sizing!
    Instead of apologizing for misleading me and helping to compensate my girls for this disaster, they kept insisting that the dresses they ordered for my junior bridesmaids were in fact junior sizes and fit most girls so they didn't understand why the dress didn't fit... Please save yourself the headache and the embarrassment on your wedding day and go somewhere else!!!

Sent on 05/02/2016

E Godek · Married on 06/29/2019

Horrible experience

Honestly... I thought my bridal party and I hit the jack pot by supporting a local business when buying our dresses. First off.. every dress is freaking wrong. Something is wrong with my dress, my bridal parties dresses, and my MIL dress.. now we all tried to calmly fix our dresses without going into anger over board. Their seamstress is utterly rude, she told
    Me I need to walk and loose weight before my first official fitting..... I was so upset
    I called my mother and she went and got my dress and she was utterly rude and disrespectful to my mother.I called to express my feelings I get told “Let me make this clear I talked to our seamstress and she never told you to walk walk walk to fit into your dress” right then and there the owner tried to make me, my mother, and my mother in law all liars when my mother was basically screaming at the seamstress for how disrespectful and rude she was. In my eyes if you wanted to better your business don’t ever be that rude to a bridal to be or her party. None of us is happy with any dresses from them. The experience was horrible. I ended up having to buy a brand new dress at David’s bridal and the girls there made me feel absolutely beautiful and was wonderful and listened to my horrible experience at Lastrina and my experience at David’s was so amazing that I felt like a bride. The girls are snotty and think they know everything when in the end they can’t measure anyone right, I think there needs to be professionals who know how to actually measure girls to their true size... the girls who measure are clearly there just for a paycheck. Because if they knew what they were doing our dresses wouldn’t have so many problems. & Their dresses are shitty material, they are just rude and unprofessional. At first I thought we hit the jackpot and now with my wedding in 18days I needed to buy a whole new dress. Do not even waste your time or money going to this bridal salon. All they care about is the money you spend, they do not care about sending you off with happiness. No bride ever should go through any of these problems. My dress from David’s fits ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. So if I could rate them a 0 at lastrinas I would too bad google doesn’t allow you to.... imagine just imagine having a dress with snags and not fitting you when you are the bride and getting utterly rude feedback from the salon and seamstress.... not the way a bride should imagine her experience. Don’t waste your time with this salon,
    Go to an actual bridal salon who will make you feel like a bride and have a huge selection to try on... and will make your party and mothers feel beautiful too. Like I said.. don’t waste your time or money going to this bridal salon. Go somewhere who knows what they are doing and how to treat the brides to be and the bridal party. They only care about making money at this salon.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Lastrina Girls Bridal Salon's reply:

Erika,
    I was very surprised and disappointed to read your review as you and I both know it is not an accurate account of what transpired. The Lastrina Girls staff and I were only ever kind, professional, and accommodating towards you and your bridal party.
    When your custom-measured gown came in and you tried it on for the first time we were all very pleased with how nicely it fit you. A while later, when it was time for your first fitting the gown no longer fit you. This kind of situation is not ideal, but definitely one we have encountered many times before and we were happy to help you let the dress out (an offer you did not take us up on).
    Ultimately, I want all my brides to be happy and it sincerely saddens me that you are having such an unpleasant time with your gown. That said, I know that I personally offered to do everything I could to help you with fit issues due to your measurement changes. I wish the situation had not dissolved into this, but I do hope your wedding day is everything you hoped it would be.
    Sincerely,