Lasting Bridal Couture Reviews

106 Reviews for Lasting Bridal Couture

Michelle · Married on 02/28/2015

3.2
      2.5

Everyone at the boutique was super friendly at first, and they have a wonderful selection of very reasonably priced gowns. I really enjoyed my original experience there in terms of bridal gowns, however it went downhill after that.

Then we got to alterations. Their in-house streamstress is terrible. She's either too busy or too lazy, I'm not sure which, to do the job right or ensure the dress is exactly what you want. She GLUED parts of my dress together so that when another seamstress tried to fix it, the lace lace ripped from the bodice of my dress. She also was resistent to taking in my dress, which she said fit perfectly - it was a size too big, it didn't fit perfectly at all, but she didn't want to spend the time working on it.

Once I let the boutique know what had happened they got defensive and would not offer a refund for the alterations gone wrong.

Terrible customer service in the end. Highly dissapointed that they would treat a customer that way during what should be a fund and meaningful experenice

Sent on 11/04/2014

Stefani · Married on 09/29/2012

3.2
      3.5
      3.0

When I went to Lasting Bridal to pick out a dress the lady was very helpful and very genuine. I went back 6 months later to pick my dress up and they did not have the ribbon that went with it. I left and 2 weeks later got a call that my ribbon was in. It was the wrong ribbon. They told me it would be another 2 weeks before I received my ribbon. I had to call them 2 weeks later and the ribbon was still not there and took 2 more weeks to come in.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Erica · Married on 01/01/2011

3.5
      3.0

Sarah was my assistant and SHE was fabulous and very helpful. Her boss, the owner was not quite as accommodating as I would have expected from the owner of a business.

The store is very small and seems to have more bridesmaids dresses than wedding dresses but they did help me find both and gave me a small discount for purchasing them all at the same place.

Sarah had great ideas for shawls for my bridesmaids and several ideas for my dress and garter and veil that I never would have thought of. She was always easy to get a hold of, called us when the dresses came in and was just generally great.

The store owner and her policies were not as great and I will not recommend any brides to them. The bridesmaids dresses came with straps but they were not simply attachable straps, they had to be sewn on and the store was going to charge an extra alteration fee. This is simply the least of the issues I had. But Sarah was great, if she moves I would gladly suggest her.

Sent on 01/19/2011

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2011

2.2
      2.0

I found the dress I wanted online but I struggled to find a store that carried it. I came across Lasting Bridal and they carried other Maggie Destination dresses. I noticed on their website they had a Maggie trunk show coming up and when I asked the owner, he was kind enough to honor the 10% discount, so I placed my order.

When the girls measured me they told me I was between a size 6 and 8. I asked for their recommendation and their answer was it's up to you?!? I expected more help in the decision making process as they should know if Maggie dresses tend to run smaller but they were the least bit helpful.

The dress arrived 5 months later as they said and I went in for my first fitting. I was happy that the dress was exactly how I imagined. HOWEVER, I would strongly recommend taking your dress elsewhere for alterations. I was very dissatisfied with the alterations considering the overall cost and quality. Wendy, their seamstress, quoted me $400 for taking out the hip area, shortening the dress, adding a classic bustle and shortening the detachable strap. $400 was half the price of the dress!!! I certainly had sticker shock, but I wanted to keep everything in the same shop, so I approved the work.

My dress came with a detachable strap but no one could figure out how to put it on in my first fitting. I had forgotten to bring a picture, so the seamstress worked with another girl and they assumed the strap had to go on a certain way and she was going to need to shorten it. I reviewed pictures later that evening and realized they made the wrong assumptions. I was in such as panic that night... I was afraid by the time I caught them it would be too late and I had waited 5 months for the dress to come in! Lasting Bridal does not allow you to record voice mails and it's often hard to get through to speak to someone. I finally got a hold of someone the next day, and she confirmed she would pass the message on to Wendy. I called in a few days later to confirm the message was passed on which it was so my strap was saved. Nonetheless, I found this quite unprofessional as they made assumptions which could have ruined the strap and the look of the dress.

After the strap fiasco, I went in for my second fitting. The hem was shortened and the hip area taken out. The hem was done so poorly, I could see the raw edges and some portions of the chiffon beginning to snag! When I showed Wendy she said "I will trim the raw edges off." Mind you, it's chiffon so I was terrified the fabric would snag more so I asked her to redo the hem properly and not to 'trim' it. The hip area was still a little tight so Wendy was going to take it out a bit more. Not once did she measure me which I found odd.

On my third trip back, again I noticed the hem was still not done properly. Wendy was simply hemming the front half of the dress not the entire dress bottom, so I felt there was no excuse to have hem that was busting out and showing raw edges. There were thread clippings and needle pin pricks in the fabric where she had redone the hip area multiple times, but Wendy promised this would come out when the dress was ironed.

It took 6 trips before my alterations were completed, which were primarily shortening the front of the dress and expanding the hip area. For $400 I expected much higher quality in alterations. Instead it was sloppy and required too much supervision and revisions. Note: Wendy only takes appointments on Tuesday and Thursdays, so it's not convenient if you are not close to Addison. In the end, I had to overlook the snags in the hip area as there is nothing that can be done to fix that. At my final fitting, I had to ask the girl helping me to show me how to do the bustle because NO ONE offered to show me before. Irene was very pleasant to deal with, but that was the only positive experience out of the 6 trips I made to Addison.

Sent on 10/30/2011

asma · Married on 05/14/2011

3.0

i bought a beautiful dress from them, but they did nothing to help me with the alterations, they were awful, they almost missed up my dress if i had not taken it from them in time.. I DONT NOT RECOMMEND THEM, they say its a family business but they act like its a factory, they dont care about the bride they only care about the money..

Sent on 12/01/2011

0.8
      0.5

!!!CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!Don't let the nice customer service fool you. There are a few things that you need to know before you buy a wedding dress from here:

1) KNOW YOUR SIZE. Make sure you do measurements yourself before you go. They will explain that wedding gown sizes tend to run small and recommend ordering one size larger than what you normally wear. It does not sound like a big deal, until they slam you with alteration costs later...

2) HIDDEN ALTERATIONS COSTS. When you buy the dress, they will give you very vague answers about the costs of alterations like "it depends on the dress." I pressed them THREE times before they gave me an answer that was still vague: "it can go from $75 up."

Months later when my dress arrived, I learned that "$75 and up" meant $500 for my dress!!! I had to get the sides taken in (because the dress was too big...), shorten the hem (even though I custom ordered the length), and shorten the sleeves (again, because the gown was ordered a size up). Another customer had the same issue as I did so this is not a unique case!

3) "WE KNOW BEST, THE CUSTOMER IS WRONG ATTITUDE." The smiles went away after I started challenging them about their practices.

The manager told me that these alterations are "very standard" and tried to convince me that I would have needed to do those alterations with a smaller size anyway. I am quite convinced if I did need to get alterations done with a smaller dress, I would not have needed alterations in as many different places, which increased the cost for me. When I explained that I was wrongly convinced about the dress being too big, they reminded me that I signed to authorize the purchase.

Lastly, I found out that the maker actually carries petite sizes, which they never mentioned to me when I ordered. Any competent professional without conflicts of interest would have recognized that my dress was ordered in the wrong size.

Sent on 03/18/2014