Lark Strings Reviews

23 | Albany, NY

23 Reviews for Lark Strings

Katherine · Married on 09/16/2017

The Lark Strings quartet played during our ceremony and cocktail hour, and they were wonderful. Very easy to work with leading up to the wedding, great song list to choose from (including lots of fun non-classical music) and incredibly professional. And most importantly, they played beautifully . My dad is an accomplished violinist, and my husband and I had the idea that he could play with the Lark Strings along to Elvis's Can't Help Falling in Love for our first dance. The Lark Strings made this extremely easy to work out, and I will always be grateful to them for helping this very special moment happen! Highly recommend!

tom · Married on 10/08/2016

lark strings was fabulous. we had them for my daughters wedding in the Adirondacks and they played for the ceremony and the cocktail hour at the reception. everyone loved the music--several commented that it made the whole wedding--the music was enchanting. traveled two hours from Albany, arrived on time and smiling. fantanstic!!!!!

J · Married on 10/01/2016

They are truly top-notch talent. I am seriously obsessed with string renditions of modern songs, and they are amazing at this in addition to classical style. They willingly learned two new songs for our ceremony, and did such a fantastic job with both (Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machine and Wake Me Up by Avicii) - Amazing. Everyone was very impressed! I am only sad I didn't make it to my own cocktail hour (I was busy with getting pictures taken), so I could hear more of there amazing music. If you want quality & value, choose Lark Strings! I would re-hire them in a heartbeat.

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

I can't say enough about the Lark Strings! They played our ceremony music and it was soooo beautiful! Although I only heard the processional songs, I remember hearing my song (1000 years) as I walked down the aisle and it was one of the reasons why I was brought to tears! They are a talented group of musicians and there are also a ton of songs to choose from! While guests were arriving we had lots of the Beatles playing and some modern songs. Jessica was great to work with and always made good suggestions and answered my many questions throughout the planning! My only regret is that I didn't have them play during cocktail hour so I could of listened to them more! they are well worth the money! I would recommend the Lark Strings to any bride wanting to make their wedding so memorable!

Samantha · Married on 06/04/2016

We used Lark Strings for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they are superb! They are very good and were willing to learn a couple songs that were not on their list they provided us so long as we got the sheet music for them, they will even do all the research on the song and finding the music so you won't even need to do that part either! They are truly spectacular and are sure to impress on your big day!

Melissa · Married on 05/28/2016

Our interactions with Lark Strings were online via email. They were quick to respond and easy to communicate with, and they exceeded our expectations! The music that the quartet played was beautiful, elegant, and just perfect for our special event! These are concert quality musicians, which made it all the more special to have them at our wedding. We wholeheartedly recommend Lark Strings!

• Karina

Karina · Married on 09/19/2015

I worked with Jessica for my wedding ceremony and I had a duo of violin and cello. She was so nice to work with and their work was perfect! My guests were very impressed with the song and thought It was such a charming touch! I so recommend them!!

• W

William · Married on 10/11/2014

I can't recommend Lark Strings enough. Our wedding was chock full of musicians (including me!). We really put them through the ringer with an entirely new set list of arrangements (some of which were very difficult) and they totally exceeded our expectations. Jessica was a pleasure to correspond with leading up to the event and was always very responsive and professional. The ensemble was flexible with their rehearsal time and a pleasure to collaborate with. And their performance was just outstanding! We couldn't have been happier.

They arrived on time, played well, and everyone complimented us on the music! Would absolutely hire again.

Belinda · Married on 08/17/2014

Great job, Lark Strings. Total professionalism. Thank you.

Natalie · Married on 06/14/2014

So glad we went with a string quartet.

Jennie · Married on 05/03/2014

They were absolutely wonderful! And were so helpful. Jessica was the one I was in contact with and she looked and searched with me to find a string version of "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes for our recessional and succeeded!!! They have such a great selection of music to choose from and helped make the entire ceremony so beautiful :)

Sooyeon · Married on 02/22/2014

Your music made our ceremony just perfect!

Jordan · Married on 02/13/2014

Lark Strings was wonderful to work with and helped make our ceremony perfect.

Benjamin · Married on 02/13/2014

We used Lark Strings for our ceremony and for the cocktail hour at our reception. The musicians were very professional and their music was wonderful. It really enhanced the atmosphere and created a beautiful ambiance for us and our guests. Choosing Lark Strings for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made and I would definitely recommend them/use them again!

Elaine · Married on 09/01/2013

Everything was perfect! Thanks, Lark Strings!

Worth every penny! So talented, arrived on time, and played all of our special requests.

Jack · Married on 07/07/2013

Lark Strings music is absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend them. They are professional, always on time, and create excellent music! Looking forward to the next time I hear them play.

• User3536813 · event on: 07/28/2013

These ladies know what they are doing. They handled our situation with sensitivity and care, great attention to detail, and mastery of their instruments. Brava, Lark Strings!

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

Lark Strings played at our weddings in early September and they were fantastic. The communication with Jessica leading up to the event was painless. They arrived ahead of the ceremony as promised and were wonderfully accommodating after our confused venue staff had them move around several times.
    During the ceremony they could be heard clearly and were on point with every cue. We also received several compliments of their playing during the cocktail hour, which we mostly missed due to photos. We recommend planning your photos in advance so you get to enjoy the music!
    Would highly recommend Jessica and the Lark Strings Ensemble.

Jenessa · Married on 06/16/2018

Lark Strings did an amazing job at our wedding ceremony! The string trio played the perfect selection of music and set the tone for our ceremony. All the guests raved about how beautiful they sounded! Thank you so much for making our wedding day so special! We highly recommend Lark Strings for special events and weddings!

Angela · Married on 04/06/2013

Lark Strings' beautiful rich sound was so moving to walk down the aisle to. String quartet was a perfect choice for my ceremony and Lark Strings was top quality and excellent to work with.

Alexandra · Married on 09/16/2017

3.0

They were lovely to work with!! Answered any questions and were able to play a specific song I had wanted to walk down the aisle too. They sounded amazing and were extremely easy to work with!!