Lari Manz Hair & Makeup Reviews

40 | Hudson, NY

40 Reviews for Lari Manz Hair & Makeup

• Marla

Marla · Married on 11/21/2018

5 stars all around. I highly recommend Lari & her team for your special day!

I really enjoyed working with Lari for my wedding. She was easy to communicate with to set up initial trial and the day of coordination and more importantly, she can work magic on your hair! She did hair for four others in my wedding party and they also loved Lari's work. She has a great team as well - I really enjoyed working with her make-up artist, Laura. I highly recommend Lari for your special day!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you Marla! We really enjoyed working with you and your family too. Your appreciation makes it all worthwhile!

Gesche Haas · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding hair and make-up

Hired Lari for my wedding and we loved having her! She did my mother and mother-in-laws make up and my hair and makeup. Bonus, she's super friendly and easy to get along with. She's professional and very experienced.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

I’m so glad the timing worked out and we were able to connect! It was wonderful to be part of the festivities, thank you.
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Shea · Married on 10/12/2018

Wonderful! Amazing!

Lari was wonderful! She was a pleasure to work with, very kind and was very open to adjusting the makeup to fit "you". On a day to day basis, all I wear is mascara and brows. She made me feel so comfortable and beautiful with a full face of makeup! It's also a plus that she uses a more natural makeup line that lasted all night and felt so light on my skin. 100% recommend!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you Lindsay, it was my great pleasure and such an honor to make you feel beautiful on your wedding day!

Katie · Married on 07/28/2018

Fantastic!

SO glad that I was able to have Lari do my hair for my wedding day! I did a trial with her but I couldn’t find an exact picture of what I wanted. I described generally what I was looking for, and she nailed it. It was perfect. Lari was always quick to answer any question I had, and also set up a schedule for hair the day of. She also gave me very helpful advice about all wedding hair related things when I needed it! Lari and Pat did hair for myself, 8 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, and my future mother and sister in law. Every hair style was so gorgeous. Lari were punctual, incredibly efficient, and very friendly. Lari and Pat were also very flexible- the younger flower girl was originally not supposed to get her hair done, but decided day of that she wanted to. They were able to fit her in. We were so impressed by how good they were with the 4.5 and 2.5 year old flower girls! Everyone’s hair looked great throughout the day. Could not have asked for better hair stylists

Sent on 11/18/2018

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you for such a great review! We love children, so enjoyed working with the flower girls, and the rest of your bridal party was awesome too!

Denise · Married on 07/13/2018

Lari was wonderful with me and my bridesmaids for my wedding date! We had a large party and we were running behind schedule, but she did not make us feel rushed or stressed. I showed her a few photos of the style I wanted and she nailed it :)

• O

Olivia · Married on 06/02/2018

Lari and her team were so excellent! We used her for the makeup/hair for our wedding and we had a ridiculously huge bridal party... even with the huge party, her presence was incredibly calming through out. She listened to exactly what I wanted and made me feel beautiful on my wedding day. We can't thank her or recommend her enough!

Amy · Married on 04/21/2018

I love Lari!

As someone with very curly, very fine hair, I've always dreaded getting my hair done for formal occasions. Inevitably, I end up looking like a poodle, or some weird, non-version of myself. I had gone to a hair trial with someone else who confirmed my worst fears--they had straitened and then re-curled my whole head (it looked awful). I wanted to look like myself on my wedding day and I wasn't sure that was going to be an attainable goal.

Then, I met Lari! She listened to my concerns and understood exactly what I was looking for--I have never felt as beautiful as I did when Lari finished my hair and makeup (but especially hair!). She created the updo I never knew I wanted and gave me glam, but still natural makeup--I looked like myself but better on my wedding day. I would recommend Lari in a heartbeat--she's professional, kind, and an all-around joy to be around. There is no one I would trust more on such an important day.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review Amy. Your natural curls are so beautiful, you looked like a Greek goddess!

Shelly · Married on 10/28/2017

I went to Lari as my regular stylist because she always gives consistently good cuts. I had gone to other salons in the Hudson Valley where the quality of the cut varies by day and hairdresser, but Lari has the knowledge and expertise to cut it right every time, which I appreciate. So of course I went with Lari as the stylist for my bridal hair and makeup at my wedding last fall. As always, she didn’t disappoint. The hair and makeup were on point.

• I

Isabel · Married on 08/20/2016

I can't say enough wonderful and positive things about Lari--both as a person and as a hair and make-up artist. I hired her for my wedding and was so happy with that decision! No matter how organized we were, the morning of our wedding day was hectic and filled with last minute errands and tasks. Lari arrived at my bridal suite on-time, prepared, energetic, and focused. She was so friendly and warm and made myself and my wedding party feel pampered, relaxed, and beautiful! I didn't realize how important those qualities would be until I was experiencing the day. Aside from being a wonderful person to work with, Lari is incredibly talented at what she does. I met with her for a trial and she was very open to my ideas and suggestions. She listened, gave good feedback, and answered all of my questions. My bridesmaids and I were so happy with our looks--feeling beautiful and ready for the evening. Lari pays attention to detail and really understands subtlety, which is important, especially when applying make-up. I want to also say that Lari uses really natural and high-quality products, which lasted the whole night and felt great on my sensitive skin. I would highly recommend her services to anyone.

Lena · Married on 05/28/2016

Loved my hair and makeup on the day of the wedding, exactly as done in our trial meeting which made the day of the wedding less stressful. Although my bridesmaids did not attend the trial meeting, Lari and her assistant were flexible and listened to everyone's preferences and were very accommodating, which can be daunting. I felt beautiful and the it was an effortless experience, one of the more peaceful portions of the day.

I cannot recommend Lari enough for an elegant bridal hairstyling and makeup application! I booked her for just bridal hair and makeup (my husband and I had no bridal or groom attendants) and was thrilled that she comes to you (a reasonable commuting distance from Hudson,NY.) Being able to sit in the quiet of my own living room the morning before our simple ceremony was exactly what I needed to focus and calm myself. Lari's exceptionally soothing demeanor is immensely helpful at smoothing out all the emotional edges of such a monumental day. And she works with such a gentle hand that I was almost doubtful any makeup was going on...until I finally saw myself! I had the "glam eyes" I'd been hoping for! But my biggest doubts were what she could do with my hair...it just naturally resists all my attempts at anything other than the simplest styles. Somehow, under Lari's ability, I gained volume, thickness and control and a soft updo that held All. Day. Long. My hair typically doesn't hold such a style very well, but somehow, some way, she made it happen with no tugging, pulls or discomfort on my part. Yet she simultaneously managed to avoid the stiff, sculpted look I specifically told her I did not want (but had worried might be necessary.) Consider this my full recommendation for bridal/formal styling by Lari. You will not be sorry!

Courtney · Married on 10/16/2015

I used Lari Manz for my wedding hair and makeup and she was absolutely wonderful! Lari is so sweet and was very helpful making suggestions but also listened to me when I wanted something to look a certain way.

Prior to finding Lari on Wedding Wire, I had arranged for a makeup trial with a different makeup artist. I set up the makeup trial with the other woman and my hair trial with Lari for the same weekend months in advance. The night before the makeup trial, the makeup artist canceled on me. I called Lari the next morning and within a couple hours she was able to find two additional women to help do the makeup for all of my bridesmaids on the day of my wedding! Lari is extremely organized and after my hair and make up trial, I knew she would do a wonderful job for my wedding day, and she did!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

It was a pleasure and an honor to be part of your Wedding Day! Thank you for a wonderful review. Congratulations to you & Stuart. All the best to you both.
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/27/2015

Lari was absolutely wonderful!!! I never wear makeup (wore it for prom about 10 years ago and that's it), so I was nervous about having makeup done for my wedding. However, after the makeup trial, I was very relieved and so excited to have found Lari. The makeup was not overdone, and I feel it was a very natural look that made me look like my best self. After seeing her amazing makeup work, I asked her to do my hair as well, which came out equally amazing. Both hair and makeup were excellent for the wedding day as well (she was even able to cover up a large spot of thinning hair I have on my head) and stayed great for the whole day. My mom and bridesmaids were also very happy with their hair/makeup, and we all received many compliments throughout the day.

Lari is very accommodating and I really appreciate that she was willing to work with our budget. We ran a bit behind on time, but everyone was ready in time for photos and I really appreciate that she was willing to put in extra time and effort to ensure everyone was happy with their look and felt their best. I highly recommend Lari to anyone who wants a comfortable, natural look for their makeup and hair. Thank you so much for making me feel beautiful and confident for my wedding!!!!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Congratulations Jacqueline on a beautiful wedding. You and your family, are truly lovely lovely people, very kind and polite. It was a real pleasure to work with you all! Thank you for a fantastic review.

Caitlin · Married on 06/26/2015

Lari was so flexible in scheduling to make sure my timeline for my wedding day went smoothly. She was professional and calm throughout the day. Her demeanor made an otherwise stressful time relaxing. Lari made sure myself and five bridesmaids' hair and makeup was flawless. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you for the review Caitlin. Your bridal party was so easy to work with, and you & your mother are just delightful. Patricia & I were honored to a part of your wedding day!

Ashley · Married on 10/18/2014

Lari and her assistant Taryn were absolutely fabulous! We had four people who needed hair and makeup done, of very differing complexions and hair types. Lari took the time to really come up with the perfect look for each of us. Both of them were very pleasant and professional, and the makeup looked great and stayed fresh the whole evening. Both were on time and ensured that everything was finished with plenty of time before the ceremony.

The hair, though, was really the star of the show. I received so many compliments, and it was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for helping make the big day go smoothly! I highly recommend Lari for weddings and other big events.

Lari did the most spectacular hair and makeup job for my rehearsal dinner and wedding. She was professional, calm, and incredibly talented. I felt really special and beautiful thanks to her!! She truly was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to anyone!!

Lucy · Married on 09/13/2014

Lari was incredibly great with our wedding party! She made us all look fabulous, and was a champ, taking on all 9 of us back to back, including me (the bride) and my mom, who also had her do our makeup. She used very high-quality products that were natural and healthy, and my hair stayed up and looked great through a rainy day and hours of dancing.

Kara · Married on 08/30/2014

Lari was a joy to work with. She did make up for 5 (very differet)people in my wedding. She respected everyones opinion and suggestions. The make up for all came out georgous.

Ariel · Married on 11/02/2013

I had a very good experience with Lari, who traveled to the Berkshires to do my hair and makeup on my wedding day. My hair, which Lari put into an updo, stayed put until the end of the night -- a small miracle! The makeup line that she uses is all-natural. Because of the way that it interacts with your skin, I actually looked better as the night went on, and I didn't need to do any touch-ups (except for lipstick). I told Lari that I wanted to look like myself -- except better! -- and she got it right. I received lots of compliments on both my hair and makeup, and I was very happy with the result.

Lari is extremely professional (she showed up early on the day of the trial and on the day of the wedding), and she has a very calming presence, which is a bonus for stressed-out brides. I highly recommend her!

Catherine · Married on 09/14/2013

I was planning my Berkshires wedding from across the country, and was introduced to Lari over email, and I am so lucky that I was! A gentle, kind and talented artist who was able to make me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day without having to worry in the least. It was so much fun getting ready with all of my girls, who also were so happy with their hair. It was a blast. She listened to what I wanted (and put up with my copious emails and photos sent!!:)), to create a look that I just adored ~ and so did my husband:). I wanted to feel like myself ~ and not have a cookie cutter "bridal" look...and it was perfect. I felt so special! I danced the night away and woke up the next morning with beautiful hair still...amazing! Thank you Lari! So happy we met. Highly recommended.

Lari was very intuitive with what I wanted, even if I wasn't so sure myself. The results were perfect! Very glad I found her. She is super nice and calm too, which is a great thing on your wedding day.

Stefanie · Married on 08/24/2013

Lari was such a pleasure to work with and her work is beautiful! Lari is truly talented and has such a nice manner, she helped make my day so easy. My hair turned out exactly how I had envisioned and felt like a beautiful bride. I highly recommend Lari and her services, she's extremely professional and reliable, and does a terrific job!

Michelle · Married on 06/22/2013

Lari was an absolute lifesaver and I am so grateful to have worked with her! On the night before my wedding my planned hair and makeup artist had a medical emergency and couldn't make it for my wedding prep. Fortunately she sent Lari in her stead. Lari was punctual, easy to work with, and had an immediate understanding of the natural, elegant look that my bridesmaids and I were looking for, which was so important since I hadn't had the opportunity to do a trial with her. She did both hair and makeup for me, my three bridesmaids, a junior bridesmaid and a flowergirl (including one bridesmaid who decided that she wanted makeup in addition to her hair at the last moment!). She is calm, friendly, and very professional, and I immediately felt comfortable with her. She effortlessly came up with gorgeous hairstyles for my straight, fine hair, two bridesmaids with very thick, dark hair, and one bridesmaid with SUPER curly hair. She focuses on clean, polished makeup and natural make-up products, which was great considering my sensitive skin. She also stayed with me up until the ceremony to make sure I was looking my best for the first-look photos and when I walked down the aisle. Thank you so much, Lari!

Lori · Married on 09/15/2012

I've known Lari for a little over 5 years. She was the stylist at my son and daughter-in-law's wedding and styled my hair for the event. Ever since, I've been driving the 45 minutes from my house outside of Albany to get to Hudson to see Lari for cuts and color. She is that good.