Lari Manz Hair & Makeup Reviews

1 User photo

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup 1
  • Alanna

Alanna Poole · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Glad to be a bridesmaid at this wedding!

My best friend had her wedding last weekend in the Hudson Valley, and Lari and her team did the hair & makeup for the bride and all of the bridesmaids. She had an amazing talent for making all of us feel at ease in her presence. We had a blast getting ready for the wedding, and more important, we all looked amazing when Lari was through with us. We were all very impressed with her hair & makeup team!

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Monica

Monica Doherty · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Really listened to our needs and matched our styles

My bridesmaids and I were so happy with the work of Lari and her makeup team. We were all impressed by how in tune they were with our respective styles, and they did a great job asking us what we were looking for in our styles and then checking in at various points to make sure we were on track. And I had such a fun time with Lari during my bridal makeup trial! I was very pleased with Lari Manz Hair & Makeup and would recommend them to any other brides-to-be!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Lucy

Lucy Vanhaus · Married on 01/19/2019

A gem of a bridal stylist in the Hudson Valley

I currently live in the city, but Lari is my go-to Hudson hair stylist when I come up to visit friends upstate. She's fun, easy to talk to, and all-around a good person. I was so happy with the results when she was my stylist that I decided to have my wedding upstate just so that we were close enough for Lari to come and do hair & makeup for me. As always, the results were spectacular!

Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Nancy

Nancy Lucas · Married on 01/05/2019

Great event hair stylist and makeup artist!

I had my hair and makeup done by Lari for a friend's wedding at the Basilica a few months back. The whole process was so easy and laid-back! She was walking distance from the Airbnb we were staying at, which was super convenient, and within the first ten minutes of chatting with me and looking at my hair, she had my style and hair pegged. I was so, so pleased with how everything turned out!

Sent on 03/31/2019
  • Marla

Marla · Married on 11/21/2018

5 stars all around. I highly recommend Lari & her team for your special day!

I really enjoyed working with Lari for my wedding. She was easy to communicate with to set up initial trial and the day of coordination and more importantly, she can work magic on your hair! She did hair for four others in my wedding party and they also loved Lari's work. She has a great team as well - I really enjoyed working with her make-up artist, Laura. I highly recommend Lari for your special day!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you Marla! We really enjoyed working with you and your family too. Your appreciation makes it all worthwhile!
  • Michaela

Michaela Czohari · Married on 11/16/2018

Lari's hair and makeup were on. point.

the whole bridal party looked GORGEOUS thanks to Lari and her team, and my bridal hair and makeup was on point! so glad that we found Lari and her team of stylists for our wedding...

Sent on 03/04/2019

Gesche Haas · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding hair and make-up

Hired Lari for my wedding and we loved having her! She did my mother and mother-in-laws make up and my hair and makeup. Bonus, she's super friendly and easy to get along with. She's professional and very experienced.

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

I’m so glad the timing worked out and we were able to connect! It was wonderful to be part of the festivities, thank you.
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Shea · Married on 10/12/2018

Wonderful! Amazing!

Lari was wonderful! She was a pleasure to work with, very kind and was very open to adjusting the makeup to fit "you". On a day to day basis, all I wear is mascara and brows. She made me feel so comfortable and beautiful with a full face of makeup! It's also a plus that she uses a more natural makeup line that lasted all night and felt so light on my skin. 100% recommend!

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you Lindsay, it was my great pleasure and such an honor to make you feel beautiful on your wedding day!
  • Gracie

Gracie Claire-Franks · Married on 08/09/2018

Whole bridal party looked GORGEOUS!!!

I had a wonderful experience with Lari and was so glad I hired her to do my wedding hair and makeup. At the last minute, a couple of my bridesmaids had decided they wanted to get makeup done for the wedding as well, and Lari and her team were super accommodating and professional about the adjustment. The whole bridal party looked gorgeous and Lari and her team were responsible for it!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Katie · Married on 07/28/2018

Fantastic!

SO glad that I was able to have Lari do my hair for my wedding day! I did a trial with her but I couldn’t find an exact picture of what I wanted. I described generally what I was looking for, and she nailed it. It was perfect. Lari was always quick to answer any question I had, and also set up a schedule for hair the day of. She also gave me very helpful advice about all wedding hair related things when I needed it! Lari and Pat did hair for myself, 8 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, and my future mother and sister in law. Every hair style was so gorgeous. Lari were punctual, incredibly efficient, and very friendly. Lari and Pat were also very flexible- the younger flower girl was originally not supposed to get her hair done, but decided day of that she wanted to. They were able to fit her in. We were so impressed by how good they were with the 4.5 and 2.5 year old flower girls! Everyone’s hair looked great throughout the day. Could not have asked for better hair stylists

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you for such a great review! We love children, so enjoyed working with the flower girls, and the rest of your bridal party was awesome too!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/28/2018

Talented artist in a comfortable setting

Lari and her team were very talented and made myself and my bridesmaid look beautiful for the wedding. She is very easy to work with and I felt I could be honest with feedback with no hard feelings (she did my hair trial twice when I realized I didn't like the style I had originally wanted!). She and her colleague created a light, casual vibe the day of the wedding which is so appreciated. Thank you!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Lari Manz Hair & Makeup 2

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you Sarah for the positive feedback. We strive to make it a comfortable collaboration. Your input is essential!

Denise · Married on 07/13/2018

Lari was wonderful with me and my bridesmaids for my wedding date! We had a large party and we were running behind schedule, but she did not make us feel rushed or stressed. I showed her a few photos of the style I wanted and she nailed it :)

Sent on 07/19/2018
  • Ariana

Ariana Black · Married on 07/01/2018

Best Wedding Hair and Makeup in the Hudson Valley

I looked around at quite a few different wedding hair and makeup options in the Hudson Valley, since I wasn't from the area, and finally we landed on Lari. She was personable and knew how to match different products to different styles, which I appreciated. I felt like I really needed someone who could give me quality feedback, and Lari was definitely very knowledgable and experienced on that front.

Sent on 03/28/2019
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/02/2018

Lari and her team were so excellent! We used her for the makeup/hair for our wedding and we had a ridiculously huge bridal party... even with the huge party, her presence was incredibly calming through out. She listened to exactly what I wanted and made me feel beautiful on my wedding day. We can't thank her or recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Amy · Married on 04/21/2018

I love Lari!

As someone with very curly, very fine hair, I've always dreaded getting my hair done for formal occasions. Inevitably, I end up looking like a poodle, or some weird, non-version of myself. I had gone to a hair trial with someone else who confirmed my worst fears--they had straitened and then re-curled my whole head (it looked awful). I wanted to look like myself on my wedding day and I wasn't sure that was going to be an attainable goal.

Then, I met Lari! She listened to my concerns and understood exactly what I was looking for--I have never felt as beautiful as I did when Lari finished my hair and makeup (but especially hair!). She created the updo I never knew I wanted and gave me glam, but still natural makeup--I looked like myself but better on my wedding day. I would recommend Lari in a heartbeat--she's professional, kind, and an all-around joy to be around. There is no one I would trust more on such an important day.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review Amy. Your natural curls are so beautiful, you looked like a Greek goddess!

Shelly · Married on 10/28/2017

I went to Lari as my regular stylist because she always gives consistently good cuts. I had gone to other salons in the Hudson Valley where the quality of the cut varies by day and hairdresser, but Lari has the knowledge and expertise to cut it right every time, which I appreciate. So of course I went with Lari as the stylist for my bridal hair and makeup at my wedding last fall. As always, she didn’t disappoint. The hair and makeup were on point.

Sent on 06/03/2018
  • I

Isabel · Married on 08/20/2016

I can't say enough wonderful and positive things about Lari--both as a person and as a hair and make-up artist. I hired her for my wedding and was so happy with that decision! No matter how organized we were, the morning of our wedding day was hectic and filled with last minute errands and tasks. Lari arrived at my bridal suite on-time, prepared, energetic, and focused. She was so friendly and warm and made myself and my wedding party feel pampered, relaxed, and beautiful! I didn't realize how important those qualities would be until I was experiencing the day. Aside from being a wonderful person to work with, Lari is incredibly talented at what she does. I met with her for a trial and she was very open to my ideas and suggestions. She listened, gave good feedback, and answered all of my questions. My bridesmaids and I were so happy with our looks--feeling beautiful and ready for the evening. Lari pays attention to detail and really understands subtlety, which is important, especially when applying make-up. I want to also say that Lari uses really natural and high-quality products, which lasted the whole night and felt great on my sensitive skin. I would highly recommend her services to anyone.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Lena · Married on 05/28/2016

Loved my hair and makeup on the day of the wedding, exactly as done in our trial meeting which made the day of the wedding less stressful. Although my bridesmaids did not attend the trial meeting, Lari and her assistant were flexible and listened to everyone's preferences and were very accommodating, which can be daunting. I felt beautiful and the it was an effortless experience, one of the more peaceful portions of the day.

Sent on 06/04/2016

I cannot recommend Lari enough for an elegant bridal hairstyling and makeup application! I booked her for just bridal hair and makeup (my husband and I had no bridal or groom attendants) and was thrilled that she comes to you (a reasonable commuting distance from Hudson,NY.) Being able to sit in the quiet of my own living room the morning before our simple ceremony was exactly what I needed to focus and calm myself. Lari's exceptionally soothing demeanor is immensely helpful at smoothing out all the emotional edges of such a monumental day. And she works with such a gentle hand that I was almost doubtful any makeup was going on...until I finally saw myself! I had the "glam eyes" I'd been hoping for! But my biggest doubts were what she could do with my hair...it just naturally resists all my attempts at anything other than the simplest styles. Somehow, under Lari's ability, I gained volume, thickness and control and a soft updo that held All. Day. Long. My hair typically doesn't hold such a style very well, but somehow, some way, she made it happen with no tugging, pulls or discomfort on my part. Yet she simultaneously managed to avoid the stiff, sculpted look I specifically told her I did not want (but had worried might be necessary.) Consider this my full recommendation for bridal/formal styling by Lari. You will not be sorry!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Courtney · Married on 10/16/2015

I used Lari Manz for my wedding hair and makeup and she was absolutely wonderful! Lari is so sweet and was very helpful making suggestions but also listened to me when I wanted something to look a certain way.

Prior to finding Lari on Wedding Wire, I had arranged for a makeup trial with a different makeup artist. I set up the makeup trial with the other woman and my hair trial with Lari for the same weekend months in advance. The night before the makeup trial, the makeup artist canceled on me. I called Lari the next morning and within a couple hours she was able to find two additional women to help do the makeup for all of my bridesmaids on the day of my wedding! Lari is extremely organized and after my hair and make up trial, I knew she would do a wonderful job for my wedding day, and she did!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

It was a pleasure and an honor to be part of your Wedding Day! Thank you for a wonderful review. Congratulations to you & Stuart. All the best to you both.
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/27/2015

Lari was absolutely wonderful!!! I never wear makeup (wore it for prom about 10 years ago and that's it), so I was nervous about having makeup done for my wedding. However, after the makeup trial, I was very relieved and so excited to have found Lari. The makeup was not overdone, and I feel it was a very natural look that made me look like my best self. After seeing her amazing makeup work, I asked her to do my hair as well, which came out equally amazing. Both hair and makeup were excellent for the wedding day as well (she was even able to cover up a large spot of thinning hair I have on my head) and stayed great for the whole day. My mom and bridesmaids were also very happy with their hair/makeup, and we all received many compliments throughout the day.

Lari is very accommodating and I really appreciate that she was willing to work with our budget. We ran a bit behind on time, but everyone was ready in time for photos and I really appreciate that she was willing to put in extra time and effort to ensure everyone was happy with their look and felt their best. I highly recommend Lari to anyone who wants a comfortable, natural look for their makeup and hair. Thank you so much for making me feel beautiful and confident for my wedding!!!!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Congratulations Jacqueline on a beautiful wedding. You and your family, are truly lovely lovely people, very kind and polite. It was a real pleasure to work with you all! Thank you for a fantastic review.

Caitlin · Married on 06/26/2015

Lari was so flexible in scheduling to make sure my timeline for my wedding day went smoothly. She was professional and calm throughout the day. Her demeanor made an otherwise stressful time relaxing. Lari made sure myself and five bridesmaids' hair and makeup was flawless. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Lari Manz Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you for the review Caitlin. Your bridal party was so easy to work with, and you & your mother are just delightful. Patricia & I were honored to a part of your wedding day!

Ashley · Married on 10/18/2014

Lari and her assistant Taryn were absolutely fabulous! We had four people who needed hair and makeup done, of very differing complexions and hair types. Lari took the time to really come up with the perfect look for each of us. Both of them were very pleasant and professional, and the makeup looked great and stayed fresh the whole evening. Both were on time and ensured that everything was finished with plenty of time before the ceremony.

The hair, though, was really the star of the show. I received so many compliments, and it was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for helping make the big day go smoothly! I highly recommend Lari for weddings and other big events.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Lari did the most spectacular hair and makeup job for my rehearsal dinner and wedding. She was professional, calm, and incredibly talented. I felt really special and beautiful thanks to her!! She truly was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 09/26/2013