Largo Resort Reviews

8 Reviews for Largo Resort

• Vickie

Vickie · Married on 08/29/2020

Wedding & COVID

My fiance and I would strongly recommend this property to everyone and anyone! From the beauty of the property, the grand lodge, bungalows, and the people!

Largo resort has an absolutely amazing management team. My fiance and I were planning a destination wedding to the Florida Keys. We ran into legal issues with our previous wedding venue that left us scrambling to find a new venue. Through much research we compiled a list of new venue sites to see and my fiance and I took a last minute trip down to see each one in person. At this point, we were 6 months away from our date, so to find a venue available and willing to work with us and all our Vendors was going to be tricky.

Just from the photos we thought Largo Resort was going to be out of our price range. We toured this property on a rainy, somewhat unsatisfying day, and even the clouds could not shade the sheer beauty or tranquility we felt while touring this property. As the iron gates opened, we drove down the long and luxurious driveway, Jackie, the manager, met us and walked us through the property and answered so many of our questions. We explained what happened to us with the last venue and how heartbroken it left us. Jackie truly made us feel heard and that we actually mattered to her. This personal touch and true empathy we could not find anywhere else (and trust us, we looked! lol). They were even willing to take all the vendors we signed and try for new business with them. Her and Lana shared photos books and additional photos of how people pulled their own unique weddings off on their property. They even allowed us to negotiate a price that was within our budget! As soon as we drove off the property I turned to my fiance and said this is the one!

Needless to say we were thrilled by the beauty, but even more so by Jackie and Lana who shared stories and were willing to just sit back and chat with you, as opposed to try to sell you.
    We signed a contract and were back at our wedding planning! The friendly emails and check-ins I received from Jackie and her excitement for our day in her signatures left us overjoyed and anxious to get there.

We were 10 days away from our Wedding date and COVID-19 hit, shutting the Keys and all resorts down.
    We could not have been more devastated. The general manager, Doug contacted us and asked us to choose a different date for an additional discount. As tempted and hurt as we were, it just could not work with our schedule. With most of our family and friends being first responders or nurses, we had to cancel with the uncertainty of COVID. Through it all, we had to cancel. Doug and Jackie were again, so pleasant to work with! They kept us informed along the way and were able to provide a full refund. We cannot speak strongly enough for how incredible these people are, and how awe-inspiring this place is.
    My Fiance and I KNOW that we will be back to Largo resort soon. I strongly encourage others to do so too. If you are looking for heaven on Earth, you’ve found it.

Sent on 06/08/2020
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 01/26/2019

Wedding of our DREAMS

Wedding of our DREAMS! Sabrina and Jeff Attend to every detail and are so helpful! Even if you’re not planning a wedding you should do yourself a favor and stay here, better yet do a property buyout for friends and family and enjoy a totally private experience!

The Grand Lodge: The perfect place for the bride and groom to stay with close friends or family. Its also the perfect place to host your rehearsal dinner or welcome party. Dont waste more money by booking another location, wow your guests with the amazing architecture (the house is built around 2 LIVE trees) and the impeccable lighting and furnishings (all the way from BALI). I asked if I could live there at least 15 times during our stay. The lodge also has a full chefs kitchen ( WOLF APPLIANCES), hire a chef for your stay to cook your meals or cook your own.

The Bungalows: perfect for housing all of your wedding party or close friends and family. The bungalows have the same fine finishing as the Grand Lodge.

The grounds: UNPARALLELED. There is NOTHING like this ANYWHERE ELSE in the keys. Enjoy complete seclusion surrounded by stunning landscaping and a heated pool. At certain angles the pool looks like it goes right into the ocean. Take a short trip on the paddle boards and visit the dolphins next door!

I honestly cant say enough about this property and the staff there. I've already tried to book our anniversary stay for the next 2 years. We will be Largo Resort regulars for life!

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Ceylan

Ceylan · Married on 12/08/2018

The wedding of my dreams

Wow i can go on and on about Largo Resort. So for the first part, This place is like NO other venue in the Florida keys (we visited everywhere from Miami to key west). This place IS paradise. It’s a unique and hidden gem. We are always in awe every time we visit. Largo Resort is the perfect venue to have your closest friends and family stay with you on your special weekend. IT has a gorgeous view of the bay with an amazing drift wood wedding arch included. The tiki, house, bar, Buddha’s and statues, large trees, around the property make you feel like you’ve stepped foot into Bali! The house itself is out of this world! I love the earthy rustic and peaceful vibe the property gives off. I plan to be back every year for our anniversary:)

Second, the staff... Sabrina and Jeffrey are some of the most coolest, easy going people you can meet in the industry. Both very handy, hard working and knowledgeable. Sabrina handled my Day of Coordinating .. and more! She made sure our wedding rehearsal and wedding day went completely smoothly! Sabrina took the time to answer all my emails and phone calls.. and accommodated me to visit the venue as much as i wanted! She helped go over all details a long the process. Sabrina also handles all rentals and full bar if needed. It’s great how much she can do! I also had the pleasure to work with Vanessa, she assisted us in all our needs and checked in our guest. We loved how friendly she was with everyone!

My wedding went incredibly flawless. I had a 100+ Guest, aprox 9 vendors and A LOT of details for my wedding and on top of that, about 25 guest staying in property. I owe it to Sabrina, Jeffery, Vanessa and the rest of largo resorts staff for Making my wedding weekend a dream come true.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Largo Resort's reply:

We are so glad that you had an amazing wedding at Largo Resort! We strive to make your day memorable and we are proud that our staff and venue not only met your expectations, but exceeded them. We look forward to seeing you on your anniversary!

Ryan · Married on 10/06/2018

Everything was amazing from the moment we stepped foot on this property. The sunsets were unreal and the pool was amazing. Our wedding went off without a hitch. They recently just partnered with wedding professionals and they did a fantastic job with everything. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in the Florida Keys.

Sent on 06/02/2018

Karen · Married on 05/05/2018

I'm so happy we chose to have our wedding at the Largo Resort. Beautiful house, beautiful cottages, great pool and the view is breathtaking. Thank you to the entire mgmt team for helping make my wedding day so special.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Courtney · Married on 04/28/2018

I can't say enough great things about Jeff & Sabrina and the Largo Resort. We looked at many venues before deciding on the Largo Resort. From the moment we met them for the property tour until the day of our wedding, Jeff & Sabrina bent over backwards to make sure our wedding was perfect. They recommended some of the top vendors in the Keys and they didn't disappoint. Most of our family and friends stayed right on property with us so it was just a 4 day party. Our friends are still taking about how wonderful everything was. If you're looking for scenic views, huge pool, and great accommodations you can't go wrong with this place. Thank you so much for making my wedding a day that we will remember for a long long time!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Lindsay Jebo · Married on 06/29/2019

Largo Resort Wedding

My husband and I had our dream wedding at the Largo Resort - the grounds were absolutely beautiful. The pier was the most amazing spot for the ceremony and the strung lights at nighttime added the best ambiance. The main house was beautifully decorated and the bungalows were also perfect. Not only was it a perfect place for our wedding but our families and friends were able to enjoy time relaxing and enjoying the pool and water toys the next day for a mini vacation. The team at the Largo Resort was great and very helpful through the entire process as well. We didn't want to leave! THANK YOU so much!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Largo Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so glad that you had an amazing time at Largo Resort! It was a pleasure hosting your event and your wedding was truly beautiful. We can't wait for you to come back and visit us!

Amanda · Married on 03/03/2018

We had our wedding at Largo Resort, and it was the most beautiful venue. We wanted a weekend where our friends and family could gather for multiple days and relax in paradise, so we did a property buy-out for 3 nights/4-days. Our friends and family were blown away by the resort, especially that we had a private space, beach & pool for the entire wedding weekend. The spacious kitchen made hosting easy, as there was plenty of fridge, freezer, and storage for snacks and drinks throughout the weekend. While it was a gorgeous location, there were some maintenance issues with the property and I believe the property management is not yet ready to host events. They do not quite understand what is entailed with supporting large events. Examples include - housekeeping coming the morning after the Saturday reception to clean & replenish the restrooms prior to our Sunday brunch event, fixing the Sonos sound system to work in the pool area, having the valet that was included in our contract there for the Reception, and other minor maintenance issues.

Sent on 03/11/2018