Lareau Farm Inn Reviews

27 | Waitsfield, VT

27 Reviews for Lareau Farm Inn

Kaleigh M. · Getting married on 10/08/2021

An oasis in a year of craziness

From the first time we visited Lareau, we could feel that it is a very special place. When you live in Vermont, you get pretty used to being charmed by adorable old homes, historic barns, sprawling fields, and beautiful views. Even with us being as spoiled as all of that, Lareau struck us as a truly magical and essential “Vermont” place and we knew that we wanted to get married there.

In what was undoubtedly the most bizarre and stressful wedding year of our generation, the incredible folks at Lareau allowed my partner and I to have a celebration that felt truly authentic to us, safe, comfortable, and festive. From the initial planning stages, to the re-planning, to the second re-planning, Helen and Dave were communicative, thorough, detail-oriented, and supremely flexible. Helen knows what she is about with wedding planning; she guided us through the process with professionalism and warmth, not missing a beat despite all of the hurdles. On our wedding day, Helen was a subtle guiding presence helping us to stay on track and on schedule with the various components of our celebration. Dave created and executed a beautiful picnic menu for us that our guests gushed about for the rest of the summer.

We are so grateful to the both of them, and all of the other staff members at Lareau, for the way in which they make their guests feel welcome, at ease, taken care of, and at home. Lareau is such a special place, and I can’t recommend their inn and event spaces highly enough.

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 08/15/2020

We had to cancel our wedding at Lareau due to COVID and I am still writing a review because they are just that wonderful!

Lareau itself is an absolutely stunning wedding venue if you are looking for a classic Vermont backdrop for your wedding. My husband and I worked with Helen and her team at Lareau for almost 3 years due to a long engagement + a year of pandemic delays and we were just blown away by their flexibility, accommodation and support through it all. They were by far the most helpful and empathetic vendor we worked with. In the end we made the decision to hold a small family wedding at home instead (ugh, Covid!) but Lareau will always have such a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 03/04/2021
  • Taylor

Taylor N. · Married on 08/08/2020

Wedding Venue of your Dreams

It was so hard to begin to write this review because we have a book of amazing things to say about Lareau Farm.

Being from Connecticut, my Husband and I accidentally found Lareau Farm Inn and fell in love with both the location and the staff. From the second we met Helen for our tour of the venue, she remained extremely helpful and easy to contact.

What immediately grabbed our attention about this venue is that you can stay at the Inn for the weekend with your family and close friends. This was such a special weekend for us, we were surrounded by our bridal party and our direct families from Thursday to Monday.

The Inn has beautiful land to walk around, a creek to swim in, and my younger sisters loved walking around to see the flowers. Even better, the breakfast at the Inn was delicious every single day
    (we say it is the best french toast we have ever had). Helen and the team at the Farm were accommodating with all of the ideas that we had.

On Thursday we held an outdoor yoga class on the grounds of the Inn- it was peaceful and everyone had so much fun. We decided to have rehearsal dinner at the Historic Red Barn and it
    was beautiful. Helen has so much attention to detail, tables and decorations were spot on to what we had imagined. We opted for the American Flatbread at rehearsal dinner and our guests say it
    was the best flatbread they have ever had ( we even ordered extra later that night!).

The best part about our wedding morning was that we had no worries because we knew that Helen and the team had everything under control. I was so calm, cool, and collected, on the wedding day morning and it was all due to everyone making the process so easy. As a bride who had every little detail planned out, Helen was able to place every decoration perfectly just by following little sticky notes I had left her. Helen was great at contacting our vendors and keeping everything going smoothly. We decided to have a food buffet for dinner, and we still have our guests talking about how good the dinner was, “ the best wedding food ever”, as they say. I think we went up for thirds at one point!

One of our favorite parts of the night was sitting around the fire after our Reception, having s'mores , and watching the stars. Another plus of the venue location is that there are no street lights around, so star watching is spectacular. There was not one thing throughout our entire wedding weekend that went wrong, and nothing we would change. The venue is so beautiful, it makes for perfect pictures no matter where you are. If you are looking for a venue that is laid back, naturally beautiful, has delicious
    and fresh food, and kind staff, then LF is your place. A month after our wedding the farm surprised us with a painting of my bouquet as a gift- just another instance where they are so thoughtful! There is nothing better than enjoying coffee on the porch and the company of everyone you love on the day you get married. I wish we could give this venue more than 5 stars because they deserve it.

A huge thank you to Helen, again, and the team at Lareau Farm,
    Colby & Taylor Nolan

Sent on 03/08/2021
  • Megan

Megan H. · Married on 02/09/2020

September 2019 Wedding - Lareau Farm Inn is a Dream Venue

Just as the reviewer before me said, I wish I could give more than five stars. The venue itself is beautiful, this goes without saying, but it is the staff that truly make it special. Helen is without a doubt one of the best wedding coordinators in the business. She is kind, genuine, attentive and hard-working. It poured all morning on our wedding day but she helped me to feel relaxed and confident in knowing that we had a plan. In the end, the flexibility of the staff allowed us to have the ceremony outdoors once the weather cleared up. I am so grateful for this. You'll find Helen setting tables early in the morning, checking in with your friends, family and vendors throughout the day and even in the kitchen making appetizers. She does it all!

We opted to have all of our closest friends stay at the Inn with us for the weekend, upon Helen's suggestion, which worked perfectly. The breakfast each morning was made to order and was absolutely delicious. After the reception, we were able to keep the party going around the fire pit, making s'mores and soaking in the last moments of the best day ever. I can't say enough good things above the comfort of the Inn and the ability of the space and staff to truly make it feel like home.

We had the flatbread dinner option, which our guests loved. We did this to save on costs to have the Grippo Funk Band as our music for the evening. We got many comments that the delicious, laid-back nature of the meal allowed people to stay up and socializing without much delay to begin dancing the night away.

Lareau Farm Inn is a dream wedding venue. It's hard to find a better venue in the area that will truly bring you into their home and make you feel like family, while executing a top-notch event.

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/28/2019

A Magical Place!

It was truly a dream getting married at the Lareau Farm. The grounds were clean, maintained, and beautiful. Staying at the Inn for the weekend was a dream. Breakfast was served each morning, the rooms were clean, unique and beautiful, and you had the privilege to use the Inn like your own home. The staff on the property were friendly, kind, and respectful. Helen, the wedding planner was by far one of the most helpful humans I have ever met. She was extremely easy to work with, had so many great ideas, and made my wedding process a breeze. Honestly, Helen made sure everything was perfect days and weeks before, so the weekend of the wedding, there was no confusion or questions. The food? incredible! Flatbreads were being cooked as people were being served so everything was extremely fresh and warm. Everyone was eating within twenty minutes which was wonderful. I wish I could give the Lareau more than five stars. If you want a place that is yours for the weekend, a classic but rustic wedding, have a wedding planner that is beyond unbelievable, have amazing food, and have the best time of your life? Go to the Lareau, you definitely will not regret it!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Taylor M. · Married on 08/03/2019

Better than 5 stars!

It is difficult to find the right words to describe how absolutely perfect the Lareau Farm Inn and its team of incredible people were for our wedding. When we began looking for a venue we knew we wanted something relaxed, scenic and fun. Lareau Farm is that and so so much more. We planned the wedding from a state away, so our ability to meet in person was very limited. Luckily for us, Lareau has Helen who is their innkeeper and event coordinator. Helen is so kind and so helpful in keeping plans on track and without making it feel overwhelming. What we didn’t know until we actually got there though was that not just Helen but their whole team is absolutely wonderful! They made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. Oh! And the food – the food is AMAZING!! I still dream about the apps. We did a buffet for dinner with chicken and pulled pork, then late night flatbreads to end the night, which was a huge hit with our guests. We are so grateful to have had such an amazing wedding experience. I could go on and on, but ultimately – if you’re thinking this might be the spot for you, I can assure you it is!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin B. · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing location, staff and food!

If you're considering having your Vermont wedding someplace other than at Lareau Farm Inn - don't. Helen and the staff at Lareau Farm are responsive, helpful and wonderfully kind. We changed the size of our wedding several times during our 18 month engagement, had to bring in a tent to accommodate additional guests etc. -Helen was always so quick to help us readjust our numbers, guide us through the process, and answer every single one of our questions. We also wanted to have our favorite home state foods as part of our late night menu, and they happily accommodated our request. We were looking for a place to showcase our home state of Vermont as 90% of our wedding guests would be traveling to the area for our wedding. They were completely blown away by the beautiful atmosphere, AMAZING food and perfect hospitality (our guests are still raving about the food!). I would choose to have our wedding at Lareau Farm Inn a million times over. Thank you to Helen and the staff at Lareau Farm Inn for helping us to execute with the most perfect day.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

Perfect Spot for a Vermont Wedding

We were married at Lareau Farm this past September and we can't say enough wonderful things about our experience! The setting is beautiful, the staff was amazing and we loved the flathbread served at the reception. We were looking for a place to have our wedding that would be laid back and stress free and would be a great place for our friends and family to spend a weekend away. We made a great choice! Helen was very responsive to the many questions that we had throughout the planning process. The entire process was stress free and came out exactly the way that we were hoping. The entire staff made us feel completely at home the entire week. We loved everything about Lareau Farm and couldn't be happier that we chose to have our wedding there!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/30/2018

Five stars isn’t close to enough for how strongly I feel about Lareau - getting married here was the best experience we could have imagined.

People - Everyone we interacted with was beyond kind. Helen walked us through every step of the process and was such a lovely, calm presence at the rehearsal and on the day itself. Dave KNOWS his food, my goodness - we really appreciated his guidance in picking out the menu and just seeing him around. The women who worked the bar and the breakfast were just delightful, and when Clay ran into us creeping around the property in April he was incredibly friendly and answered all our questions.

Food - We had flatbreads at the rehearsal dinner (fantastic), roast pig and paella with truffled potato salad and cornbread at the reception (FANTASTIC), and breakfast at the inn every morning (fantastic). The coffee cake and French toast with apples and bacon were a huge hit!

Inn - Helen was SO helpful in making sure everyone was in the right place, even when trying to coordinate family members who were all over the map. The rooms are beautiful and so comfortable (and ours at least was blessedly air conditioned). The back porch was the most relaxing place to have breakfast and look at the mountains. It was fun to wander the rest of the property too! My nephew had a blast investigating the pigs and chickens and the easy access to the water hole was MUCH appreciated.

Ceremony/Reception Venue - the ceremony space is a bit secluded but easy to get to (there’s a path for a car to drive and drop folks who need the assist). The arbor is beautiful and the reception space was GREAT. There were so many different spaces for people to feel comfortable in - you could dance, talk by the bar, play cornhole, sit by the fire, or if you were the kids run in circles in the field.

Honestly I could go on forever - this was such a special experience and a place we’ll come back to for the rest of our lives. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Sent on 07/05/2018
  • Megan

Megan A. · Married on 06/23/2018

Beautiful Setting and Great Food!

Lareau Farm Inn is the perfect place for a wedding if you’re looking for a location with lots of natural beauty. There is a beautiful river, meadows, and hiking trails through the forest on the property.

Helen, our wedding planner, was incredibly kind and informative throughout the whole process, guiding us through and offering great suggestions when we needed it.

Not to be missed is the incredible flatbread made with ingredients grown around the farm in a wood fired oven. This may be on the casual end for a wedding reception but I promise you it’s worth it! I dream about returning there just to eat the food. :) They even make vegan and gluten free options for guests who need it.

One of the best parts of the experience was having our closest family and friends all stay together at the inn for the weekend. It’s probably something we’ll never be able to replicate, and that was really special. I highly recommend Lareau!

Sent on 06/07/2020

Taylor · Married on 08/05/2017

Kyle and I were married at Lareau Farm this past August, and it was absolutely everything we could have ever dreamed of!! Helen and the entire Lareau/Flatbread staff were absolutely amazing - their professionalism but ability to laugh with us made us so relaxed! We had some crazy weather the day of, but the entire staff moved quickly and adapted so well...from putting up the tent walls to keep out the sideways rain, to taking them down 20 minutes before the ceremony when the sun came out! The food was incredible, the property was absolutely gorgeous, and we wouldn't change a thing! So much love for the Lareau family!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Colin · Married on 07/29/2017

Wonderful event space! My wife and I used their newly renovated barn for our rehearsal dinner and it was the perfect rustic Vermont setting. Helen was wonderful to work with and made the planning process easy for our 40 person dinner. Adding a champagne toast and custom desert was a breeze. The evening was a perfect kick off to our wedding weekend!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Jc · Married on 07/29/2017

It was a bit of a no-brainer when it came to selecting American Flatbread to do the food and bar at our wedding (we had American Flatbread as our food/beverage caterer, but the wedding was elsewhere. Flatbread has long been my favorite pizza on the planet, and the sample menu they provided sealed the deal. We wanted something fresh and delicious with heart and soul, and that's exactly what we got. Everyone was extremely nice and easy to work with. Helen quickly handled any questions that arose (and we threw a lot of Qs her way), beverage selection was a breeze...basically all aspects of the process were smooth, from planning to payment. The big day, obviously, was the best part. We loved having the ambiance of the oven and the general Flatbread vibe. The team was great, accommodating all, and just a joy to have on-site. My only regret is that my wife and I never got around to eating the pie the crew set aside for us (we were having too much fun!!)...

Sent on 09/15/2017

Allison · Married on 06/24/2017

The inn at lareau farm is a magical place. We could not have asked for a better wedding location. It just feels like home. Our guests could not say enough good things about it. Flatbread pizza at the reception. A swim in the mad river before the ceremony. It's a small staff, but they worked so hard. Two people pulled all nighters the weekend of our wedding. We did the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and Sunday brunch at Lareau and I highly recommend it.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Georgiana · Married on 09/16/2016

Our family and friends had the best time and enjoys the FRESH food.

Sent on 03/17/2017
  • Lyndsay Malcomb

Lyndsay · Married on 09/05/2015

American Flatbread made our wedding dreams come true! Inn at Lareau Farm is home to American Flatbread so while this was not the wedding venue my husband and I used, we were SO, SO, SO lucky to land American Flatbread's mobile oven for our wedding day. My heart was set on having pizza at our wedding the day we got engaged. It was one of the first ideas we talked with my parents about. We did TONS of research on ovens but didn't find anyone who shared our love for local ingredients. American Flatbread was recommended by a close friend who lives in Burlington and when we realized they were available for our date, it was like it was meant to be! We were so happy to hear that the mobile oven could travel all the way to the Adirondacks from VT. Lisabeth was a bit hard to communicate with, she has LOTS to manage at Lareau Farm and as the date drew closer that was a bit stressful for us but we were never disappointed. She always got back to us with answers and had a plan! On wedding day none of that mattered because that mobile oven served the best pizza I have ever had in my entire life. In fact, everyone was RAVING about the pizza and make 3 or 4 trips up to get as much as they could eat. I have been to my share of weddings and this was the best wedding food we have ever had. Biased, I know but it’s totally true! The best part of the night was realizing they brought BOXES for late night pizza snacking! When our reception ended close to midnight having left over pizza brought an end to a perfect event. We really feel so luck that American Flatbread was able to cater our wedding with wholesome, homemade, local delicious pizza. If you are looking for a food truck or a pizza oven, stop looking, this is who you want to go with! These folks are the best of the best and the pizza will be the most delicious thing you have ever had. THANK YOU AMERICAN FLATBREAD! We love you.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Helen · Married on 08/29/2015

Lareau Farm is located on a beautiful property. The pavilion provided us the space needed to make our wedding dreams come true. You can truly make any vision come to life here! The grounds also provide the opportunity for guests to mingle inside and outside the pavilion, play lawn games and enjoy a bonfire while taking the beautiful views. Our guests loved the vibe of LF. You feel as thought you are at home while staying there; the staff are helpful and kind and willing to be flexible to make your day exactly what you envisioned it to be. Everything came together perfectly and we were able to enjoy our wedding without worry! I highly recommend checking out this venue.

Sent on 03/14/2017

We are so happy to have booked our wedding at the Lareau Farm in Waitsfield, Vermont. The grounds and inn are beautiful, and exactly what we had in mind.
    Lisabeth, their events coordinator was super helpful, and had an answer to all of our questions. Highly recommended

Sent on 07/08/2014

Brittany F. · Married on 08/18/2018

Mobile oven for the win!

When we decided to get married in the Mad River Valley, we immediately knew that we wanted our food to come from Lareau Farm Inn. We have been fans of their flatbread pizzas for years, and we are SO thrilled with the decision to include them on our wedding day. Helen was fantastic to work with and made us so excited for the big day. We booked the mobile oven to cook on location and it was fabulous. Everyone raved about the pizza and salads, as well as the passed apps (my dad still always talks about the bacon-wrapped dates). The entire process was a breeze and the food just felt “like us.” Can’t recommend booking the mobile oven enough!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Rebecca · Married on 09/02/2017

A great venue for our crowd-- Dave and Helen took care of the details and made it really easy for us to enjoy the weekend. Having the ceremony, reception, B & B, and space to play all in one place made it easy for our out of towners. Many guests told us it was the most relaxed, fun wedding they've been to. A nice balance of beautiful, but not too formal.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Jennelle · Married on 05/26/2012

I used the Lareau Farm Inn for our ceremony and reception venue as well as rehearsal dinner and accommodations for family and wedding party. It was a perfect cozy home for the weekend and it was wonderful to have everything in a central place. All the staff was friendly and accommodating to our needs throughout our time there. I would absolutely recommend this site for folks looking for a fun, personal, Vermont-y wedding! :)

Sent on 06/15/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2016

3.0

Such a gorgeous location!
    And delicious food, too!

Sent on 03/10/2017
  • User5542007 · 2+ years ago

4.2
      2.5

Having our wedding at Lareau Farm was perfect! The pavilion was perfect for our 140 guests, the food was amazing! The homemade pie was amazing! They were very flexible when it came down to food, drinks, and dessert... they were willing to do exactly what we wanted. The floor was great for dancing and also for our older guests. I would highly recommend this for your rustic/Mountain/farm house wedding

The cost below included venue fee, renting table, chairs, and all dishes, food, dessert, and drinks!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Edmond · Married on 08/20/2016

3.6
      1.0
      3.0

Great location and overall well done. My lower marks are for a lack of responsiveness and dropping the ball on reserving a specific keg from a local brewer that I had noted almost a year in advance.

Sent on 03/10/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2017

3.2
      2.0

My wedding party stayed at the Inn at Lareau Farm for the weekend of my wedding, and we had a rehearsal dinner there on Friday and a send off brunch on Sunday.

The good: Catering and events, and Helen: The food was phenomenal. On Friday we had their pizza party dinner, with some appetizers, and a cash bar. The staff was amazing, the location is great, and it was exactly the vibe we were going for. The catering and catering staff get 5 stars, and if you're just doing an event at the Inn, you can't go wrong. Same with the sendoff brunch--the food was ah-maz-ing-- we basically got their suggested menu. The pricing was also super reasonable.

The bad: The process for booking rooms and staying at the Inn was my biggest wedding stressor and headache from start to finish, including the days leading up to my wedding. The other inns took care of the bookings themselves--we let them know when we needed rooms, our guests took it from there. Not so at Lareau. They had me take care of booking everyone (I thought, ok fine, I'm sure they'll take over once they know where to put each guest). I sent over the initial spreadsheet with room assignments-but then was asked for an updated spreadsheet each time one of my guests changed their dates. The kicker was that they GOT IT WRONG the week-of. My MOH entered a fully dark building and was greeted rudely by staff the next day. She noticed our friends' room key wasn't out when they were arriving the next night, the Innkeeper told her to call ME because there were "too many spreadsheets" and "the bride needs to take care of it."-10pm two days before my wedding; I was barely in cell service, spending time with my brother who had just gotten to town. I didn't think to have the spreadsheet on my phone; I was livid. The next morning I had it out with Dave, the Innkeeper, who told me the inn was ours for the rest of the weekend (false, there were strangers there morning-of). There's more, but I'm out of words.

Sent on 03/03/2018

Lareau Farm Inn's reply:

Thank you for your honest review. We very much enjoyed the opportunity to provide a quality experience for both your rehearsal dinner and your brunch! We took your feedback about the reservation process for guests very seriously and have made significant changes to our process since then, including updating our reservation system to allow for a more seamless experience. Last year was a transitional year for the inn and in addition to updating our reservation system we have also hired Helen as the innkeeper and have made many changes to the interior of the inn and inn rooms! Thank you again for the feedback.