Lara Leimbach Photography Reviews

33 | Minneapolis, MN

33 Reviews for Lara Leimbach Photography

33 Lara Leimbach Photography Reviews

Katie · Married on 06/22/2018

We loved our experience with Lara! We planned our wedding from out of state and she went out of her way to accommodate our schedule for our engagement session (which is SO helpful!) and phone calls. She is the absolute perfect combination of fun and sweet mixed with determination to get everything you want on your wedding day and more. She kept everyone on schedule and made sure any potential wedding party drama was quashed before it could start. Love it! And on top of all of that the pictures are amazing! We had given her a list of what we for sure wanted and she got all of that and then gave us helpful reminders of some pictures we had forgotten. The candids she took during our cocktail hour were fun, too. The guests loved her and it's easy to tell because the pictures look so natural and genuine. She caught the vibe of the day very well. The best pictures were the reaction shots of my husband and I and other guests during toasts and speeches. You can almost hear them all over again just by looking at the pictures. :) Best of all, the full online album was available to us in less than a month. We were so impressed! We are still far behind in getting our pictures together for our full printed album, but I have no doubt it will be amazing when we do finish it. We would highly recommend Lara to anyone looking for beautiful pictures with a photographer who brings out all the joy of the day. Thanks Lara!

Katie · Married on 05/12/2018

We worked with Lara for both our engagement photos and wedding and we couldn’t have been happier! She went out of her way to work with us on creating a package that fit our individual ideas and visions and was excellent in communication throughout the whole process. The photos turned out beautifully and we were greatly impressed with how many “ahhh moments” she caught of our family and friends in free form in addition to the ones focused on us and the bridal party. There are many stresses in planning a wedding and she made sure the photography wasn’t one of them. Thank you Lara!

Lara Leimbach Photography 1

Gene · Married on 06/09/2017

Lara is an absolute professional. She really listened to us, made suggestions. Prior to the wedding, she provided us with a list of the "must have" photos that we wanted. She arrives early & offers to stay late. We are extremely pleased with the content and the quality of our wedding photos. Lara is very talented and creative. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Lara Leimbach Photography's reply:

Congratulations Gene and Teresa - it was an absolute pleasure to document your beautiful day!!

Jacky · Married on 06/03/2017

Lara did such a great job at our wedding! She was fun to work with, professional, organized and flexible. She also sent a USB of our wedding photos to our parents with an 8x10 picture, and our parents cannot stop talking about it! We absolutely love our wedding photos!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Lara Leimbach Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words - I am thrilled you love your photos - was a pleasure to photograph your wedding! !

Joe · Married on 06/03/2017

Lara is amazing! She was great to work with, and the photos turned out better than we could have imagined. It was such a great day, and Lara captured it all.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Lara Leimbach Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind words - it was great to work with you and Jacky!!

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2017

Lara was very professional and fun to work with. Both our engagement and wedding photos turned out beautifully, and she managed to capture every special moment as well as some silly ones, too (she does have a sense of humor)! She was efficient, a good communicator, and quick on her feet to snap as many quality photos as possible.

Sent on 07/16/2017

Lara Leimbach Photography's reply:

Thank you Stephanie for the kind words - it was a pleasure to work with you and Ryan!!

Kathy · Married on 05/27/2017

Lara was a true professional and my daughter and son-in-law were delighted with the beautiful wedding photos that she took. She's an expert at being present and directive without being bossy or intrusive. I would highly recommend her!

Megan · Married on 03/25/2017

Lara was great to work with! Had all the timelines done, and was willing to work with us on price because we didn't need engagement photos. Wonderful experience with her!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Lara Leimbach Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Megan - it was great working with you and Brian!!!

Nick · Married on 09/17/2016

Lara was great! I was dreading a long, painful photograph session on our wedding day, but she made it easy, comfortable and pain-free. The photos turned out wonderful.

Katie · Married on 08/30/2016

Lara is fantastic! She is very responsive and professional and easy to work with and the pictures are fantastic! I highly recommend Lara!

Lara did an amazing job catching candid photos and organizing large group pictures. She was great to work with!

Teresa · Married on 05/04/2014

Lara is a true professional! A wonderful easy going personality and easily convinces you to try various poses you might not have considered. The quality of the photos is top notch. She is great at communicating and keeps her promised delivery dates. She is also very unobtrusive at weddings. I was so unaware of her yet she got so many great shots.

Greg · Married on 05/03/2014

We did both an engagement and wedding set with Lara. Wow! She was a breeze to work with and a whole lot of fun. Of course, what matters most are the photos, and they were incredible. Beautifully composed and they really captured our personalities and energy. The turnaround time was quick, and there were no glitches in the transfer. The final plus is that she was practically invisible during the ceremony. I only know she was there because of the photos. I would absolutely recommend to everyone!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/19/2013

Lara Leimbach did an exceptional job photographing our big day and engagement session. She was outgoing and easy to talk to - an asset on the hectic day itself and kept things moving in order to get all the shots we were hoping for. Lara has a great eye for lighting and a wonderful photo-journalist sensibility. Her shots truly captured the emotion and style of our wedding and gave us so many memorable moments captured forever because it's true what they say - the day absolutely flies by!

Lara was very competitive in price with comparable photographers in our market. We got full rights to our photos which was a huge help when ordering prints for friends and family. Not only did we feel that we got a good value, the end results were SO gorgeous we couldn't have asked for better shots! We HIGHLY recommend her!

Jamie · Married on 10/04/2013

Lara is absolutely wonderful! From her personality to her photography, everything is amazing! She does gorgeous work and makes sure she has taken any and all photographs that a bride and groom could ever want.

Katie · Married on 08/10/2013

Lara was very prompt and professional. She always responded quickly to my questions and she took beautiful pictures. I got compliments from a lot of people on the pictures. She has a very good eye for capturing the day!

Leah · Married on 10/05/2012

Lara was a joy to work with. Her work is beautiful and she made the whole experience comfortable and fun. My friends and family were raving about her after our wedding. I would recommend her to anyone! We loved working with her and our pictures are wonderful!!

Kim · Married on 06/18/2011

If you want a photographer who is genuine, professional, responsive, flexible, caring, experienced, comforting, talented and all around amazing then Lara Leimbach Photography is for you!! My husband and I were searching for photographers online and stumbled across Lara's website. We met with her and fell in love with her and her business right away. She wants to make sure you're day is fantastic and she will do everything in her power to give you what you want. She took the most incredbile pictures that we will cherish forever. Lara captured moments we didn't even know were happening. Not only did she make our engagements pictures magical but she made the most important day of our lives one we will never forget. All of our friends and family are still raving about what a great photographer she is. I can't believe how lucky we were to have met Lara. She is truly a talent! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone! Go with Lara if you want your day to be everything you dreamed of and more! She went above and beyond, while always keeping a smile on her face!

Amanda · Married on 11/06/2010

Lara was so fun and easy to work with. She is an amazing photographer and is so creative. Our photographs turned out wonderful and there were so many amazing shots, she really captured our entire day. We are so happy with them and received so many compliments.

Ruth · Married on 10/02/2010

As our wedding photographer, Lara did an amazing job. From the first time I contacted her until after our pictures were done, she was extremely professional and easy to work with. My family and friends love the pictures she took. We were very happy with the quality of her work as well as the variety of pictures that were taken. I would highly recommend her services to those looking for a fantastic photographer for their special day!

Emily · Married on 06/19/2010

We could not have been happier with our experience with Lara. She made us feel relaxed and kept us laughing the whole day. The finished product was amazing, we absolutely love our photos and have had so much fun reliving the day every time we look through them; she really captured the essence of our day. I have gotten so many compliments from people who have looked at the photos. I would recommend Lara without hesitation to anyone!

• Traci

Traci · Married on 06/05/2010

Lara did an EXCELLENT job photographing our engagement session and wedding. She was very professional and pleasant to work with. I will treasure her photographs forever. I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Gia · Married on 11/08/2009

Lara is FABULOUS! She is the epitome of professionalism (she is consistently prompt and organized) while at the same time she is brings an air of relaxation to a pressured day. It is a stellar combination. I flew Lara to Seattle to photograph our wedding and thought, "Yikes, if she misses the plane or forgets an important piece of equipment, we're pretty much screwed." Any worry was a waste of energy because Lara showed up and ROCKED IT! I was a complete Bridezilla in my hotel room starting to get ready for the ceremony when there was a knock on the door. My sister answered naked, I was standing behind her naked, and further behind me was my mom arranging her jewelry and--you guessed it--naked! There wasn't an inkling of awkwardness from Lara--on the contrary, she just laughed that contagious laugh of hers and I swear, I felt the Bridezilla drain right out of my body. As soon as she showed up, it all started to be FUN!! Thanks, Lara!! Now of course there is still the question of the product....how did my pictures turn out? It's hard to put into words, so I'll just say that people in my life would look at the photos and have beaming smiles or tears in their eyes. Lara's slogan is "Capturing Life" and that is exactly what she does. I have a gorgeous picture of my precious flower girl dropping petals, one of me crying with happiness as I walk down the aisle, a beautiful one of my mom crying as she listened to the exchange of vows, one of our first kiss as man and wife, another of my father and I crying during the father/daughter dance. Okay, that sounded like a lot of crying, but all of them were happy tears and Lara was there to catch the moments. There are pictures that captured the elegant ambiance of the venue, the loveliness of the food, and the blast our friends and family had on the dance floor. The quality of her pictures are superb as is evident by her online gallery. The bottom line is that you get the whole package when Lara is your wedding photographer: 1.) you know she is not going to let anything fall through the cracks 2.) she is going to help you and your guests feel relaxed and in great spirits 3.) she is going to take awesome pictures of your special day and 4.) her follow-up post wedding is considerate and reliable. Lara, you're awesome!!

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2009

Lara was fabulous! Whenever I had a question she always responded within a few hours and she was very helpful in deciding which of her packages would work the best for us. On the day of our wedding, she was there capturing everything that I was too busy to notice, yet she was very unobtrusive. Her pictures are fabulous as well, our engagement photos were amazing, and I'm sure our wedding photos will be just as great!

Audrey · Married on 07/18/2009

Laura did and excellent job and was very professional.