LaProng DIY Fine Wedding Jewelry Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Preston Getting married on 12/28/2025

Incredible Experience and a Fantastic Mentor

I did the engagement ring workshop and Joseph helped me make an absolutely incredible engagement ring, I could not be happier with how it turned out. The workshop itself was a lot of fun and was a great experience. Joseph did a fantastic job walking me through and explaining each step of the process. I highly recommend the engagement ring workshop with Joseph if you are wanting to make your own engagement ring.
  • U
    Ubaldo A. Getting married on 05/01/2022

You must use Joseph! He is amazing!

Joseph, knows what he is doing and will answer any questions you have and address all of your concerns. His rings always turn out amazing!
    James P. Getting married on 03/19/2022

Amazing Custom Engagement Ring!

Joseph created the most amazing engagement ring! And he provided such exceptional service along the way. He worked with me to select the perfect diamond and created a custom setting that came out better than I could’ve expected! He answered all my questions, was very responsive via phone and email, and made me feel confident throughout the whole process! Thank you so much for creating this special piece of jewelry that my future wife will cherish forever!
  • Chelsie
    Chelsie D. Getting married on 11/01/2021

Great Experience!

We had an amazing experience making our wedding rings with Joseph! The whole day was such a special, unique experience and one that we will never forget. It was so cool how much we were able to do with Joseph’s guidance.

Joseph was always very responsive over email and very flexible when we had to change our date and working with my hand injury.

We could not be more grateful for having the opportunity to make our own wedding rings and for Joseph’s help in doing so!
    Hunter S. Married on 09/04/2021

Incredible experience and results!

Joseph helped us build the ring of dreams. Our time in the workshop flew by thanks to Joseph’s great sense of humor and expertise. Would highly recommend for anyone looking to create a highly personal and special ring.
    Aditya R. Married on 04/01/2021

Excellent Experience

Joseph was amazing to work with. He communicated well, understood what I wanted and helped me execute it. He is extremely patient as well. Would definitely recommend him over and over.
    Hugo Married on 02/07/2021

Awesome experience!

Joseph’s work shop was stress-free but yet challenged enough to have your own engagement ring made. He layout the steps and demonstrated each along the way, awesome experience!

Every one was wowed when I showed them the final product and the fact that I made it with the help of a profession jeweler.

Many thanks to Joseph!
    Vijita Married on 02/03/2021

Wonderful!

The was a wonderful experience. I love the idea of giving a ring with so much sentimentality and personal touch to it for my husband. And the finished product looks like a profession store bought ring so there’s no sacrifice in quality or look of the ring at all. I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone interested in adding a personal touch to a ring for a loved one or yourself! It was fun, education, cool and resulted in a beautiful ring!

LaProng DIY Fine Wedding Jewelry's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Vijita. The love and attention you put into making this ring was amazing. This will be a very special gift I am sure he will love!! It was my pleasure to help you with this project and wish you the very best!
    Karla Married on 12/09/2020

Amazing Experience!

Highly recommend couples to have this experience. It was so much fun and it can't get any more personal than making a ring for each other. It seems imposible to make a ring, especially with no background knowledge on making one, but Joseph makes it easy and is there the whole time to help. I really wanted a rolling ring which was a new experience for Joseph but he didn't say no and we figured it out on the spot. I was so impressed with the finished rings and it's so satisfying knowing we made them the way we wanted them for each other. So worth it!

LaProng DIY Fine Wedding Jewelry's reply:

Thank you Karla, I appreciate it, you are too kind!! It was my privilege to help you with these rings and I had a ton of fun doing it! Congrats to you both!!
    Matthew J. Married on 12/04/2020

Amazing experience, price, and quality

If you're like me and always wanted to make the engagement ring for your significant other but tools were too expensive, look no further because this is the workshop for you. I did alot of research on multiple different locations before deciding on LaProng and I'm glad I did. Their workshop is faster, cheaper, and a higher quality then the competition. Unlike other workshops this on is a one day workshop from 9am - 5pm. Price wise LaProng was over $1000 cheaper then others even after flight costs and hotel since I'm not local. The quality of the rings that come out of this workshop was my main driving factor for choosing LaProng. The pictures lived up to their words and my ring came out beautifully. Joseph was also super cool and willing to work with me on customizing it the way I wanted it. He is a great teacher and mentor and made the experience really enjoyable. I would 1000% recommend this place to anyone and everyone.
  • Eric
    Eric L. Married on 11/28/2020

I recommend the engagement ring workshop to anyone planning to propose

The engagement ring workshop is an all-around great experience. You get the opportunity to have hands-on experience and be instrumental in creating the ring, which really adds extra meaning to the engagement ring.

Joseph is a great teacher and steps you through the process in a manner that is easy to follow. He let's you complete each task on your own as much as you want but is ready to step in if you ever need his help and expertise. You gain a greater appreciation for the difficult work that goes into creating an engagement ring. I am so impressed with how fantastic the ring came out. It looks exactly like the image we had planned beforehand.

As an added bonus, you can take advantage of grabbing some of that delicious Texas BBQ while you're there.

LaProng DIY Fine Wedding Jewelry's reply:

Thank you for allowing me to help you! I really appreciate the kind words!! Her ring turned out great, you too did an amazing job!
    Johnnie C. Married on 08/29/2020

Great way to show love

He was great at showing us how to do every little step and was very patient when we didn’t get it , it was a lot of fun and a great way to make a ring more important then just going to buy one
    EXCELLENT SERVICE
    Johnathan D. Married on 04/04/2020

Amazing process

Joseph was wonderful, he really walks you through the whole process to ensure you come out with something amazing!
    Kelly K. Married on 03/10/2020

A very special ring!

Making a wedding band for my fiance was an absolutely amazing experience! The process was very hands on with plenty of help and guidance from Joseph! He ensured the ring turned out exactly like we were hoping. He even worked with us when it turned out we had made an incorrect measurement in ring size. I highly recommend this experience to anyone. The price is right, the experience is really fun, and the final product looks amazing!

LaProng DIY Fine Wedding Jewelry's reply:

Thank you Kelly for the kind words! It was my honor and pleasure to help you make this wedding ring. Congrats and best wishes!!
    Trey M. Married on 02/29/2020

The Engagement Ring Workshop is incredible!

In early April I did the engagement ring workshop. The level of detail in instruction was amazing. Not only did Joseph walk me through how to do each step until i was comfortable performing it myself, he also explained why we were doing it and how it will affect the final product.

Building your own engagement ring is a pretty nerve racking experience, but Joseph's direction and supervision definitely put me at ease. His extense knowledge and experience on the subject became apparent very early on.

Joseph was also very helpful and communicative when I was still deciding to build the ring. He helped me choose between various materials and made several great diamond recommendations based on my desires and price range.

From the first inquiry email I sent to closing the box on the finished ring Joseph was an excellent guide and I cant recommend LaProng Jewelry enough.
  • Pedro
    Pedro S. Married on 12/29/2019

Beautiful one of a kind wedding bands and a fun day with your SO

We spent the better part of a wonderful Saturday with Joseph in his Dallas workshop. The place is incredible - like a wonderland for creative adults. Not only is Joseph super friendly and fun to be around, he is also a gifted teacher and master ringmaker. He guides you through each step with patience and only jumps in when you need help. I made my wife's ring and vice versa, and are proud to show off each other's work to our friends and family. They look and feel professionally made, and the total cost was less than what you'd pay at a retail ring store. Plus we got a fun experience out of it - can't beat that!
  • Ivan
    Ivan X. Married on 12/12/2019

Interesting and Exciting

Super grateful to have a chance to make a ring for my wife. This is a life-changing experience not just for me becoming friends with Joseph, the owner, and the teacher, but also for ethically producing ring on my own. Joseph makes sure every step was smooth and easy for me to follow. I do not need any experience in Jewelry to turn three pieces of metal into a beautiful engagement ring. Love the workshop, love the tutor. If you need a unique experience, you should just go to find Joseph.
    Morgan Married on 10/05/2019
    Making wedding bands with your significant others is a once in a lifetime, magical experience. I cannot imagine why anyone in DFW would buy a wedding band from a store when this is an option!

Everyone has a unique, personal relationship with their future spouse, and, by making your rings through LaProng's DIY wedding band course, you ensure that you have a personal connection to the wedding band you'll be wearing forever. Joseph is an amazing artisan, and he'll ensure that you work hard on the jewelry you create and that it's a product you will cherish. I am so happy with our purchase, and I will never forget this experience!
    Landin L. Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing experience with a beautiful finished product!

What an awesome experience. Joseph helped me achieve my goal of making a ring for my better half with my own two hands. He helped guide me through the many options available, as well as assisted me in making my final design decisions, and eventually helped me craft my custom ring. He is a master of his craft, and obviously takes pride in the quality of his final delivered product. I will be recommending him to everyone who asks about the beautiful ring they see. Thank you again Joseph for the experience of a lifetime, and an incredible ring!
  • Austin
    Austin T. Married on 06/29/2019

Intentional Romance

Choosing to handcraft something conjures ideas of macaroni cards or glitter stencils; making a wedding ring implied that, while it wouldn't be made of pasta, but my workmanship would attempt to manipulate it into something of that quality. Joseph was beyond accommodating to my schedule (driving in 3 hours away on sparse weekends) and professional during the process. He eschewed confidence and encouragement as I attempted something that I was certain was beyond my ability. My fiance loves it, it was such a sweet surprise for her (and my once austere "father-in-law," can't stop forcing this story onto his friends and coworkers). Thank you for this opportunity, you've created a life-long memory for my future family; thank you.
    Derek M. Married on 03/28/2019

Exceptional

Great experience if you want something sentimental and not store bought
  • W
    Winford Married on 09/27/2018
    Absolutely amazing experience. Joseph was super helpful and made the day very special for my fiance and I. Couldn't be happy with the final product. Would definitely recommend this to any other engaged couple looking for an unique experience!
    Anne Married on 09/15/2018
    The whole experience from start to finish was an experience that I couldn't imagine not doing. The patience, instructions and final product that Jospeh brought far exceeded anything we could have imagined. we would do it all over agin in a heart beat, coming from Minneapolis just for this workshop was the perfect way to create the perfect symbol of commitment. Thank you Jospeh.
    Sarah Married on 07/28/2018
    This was such a fun and unique experience! Joseph was an excellent instructor and very patient with our amature jewelry making abilities. Joseph recognizes this is an experience that you want to document by taking and sharing photos throughout the day. He also provided us with nice boxes for the rings and a rign design page as a keepsake. Our wedding bands look amazing and are something we will cherish forever. It was a labor of love that was a full day experience but I would recommend LaProng and Joseph to anyone interested in making their own wedding bands.
    Shelbie Married on 06/28/2018
    The experience was amazing!!! The memories we made making our rings was priceless. We now have rings that hold more than value. Learning the process and steps from Joseph, you can’t make a mistake. He guides you through the entire workshop and is very knowledge.