LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Reviews

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 6
LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 7

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2018

Picture Perfect Venue with an Amazing Staff

We just had our wedding at LaPlaya and it could have not have went more perfectly. The staff had a huge part to do with that. The staff provided great service for all of our guests and the wedding party throughout our long weekend. Betsy, our catering events manager, was outstanding, extremely detailed, and helped to make for a seamless wedding. Our guests couldn't stop telling us how beautiful everything was!

Christine · Married on 06/23/2018

We can't say enough great things about La Playa Hotel and the team that helped us plan our wedding. The facilities are beautiful, the food was great, and the team was accommodating, friendly and made our day completely stress-free. If I could give them more than 5 stars I would!

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 8
    LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 9

Rebecca · Married on 10/28/2017

LaPlaya was wonderful and we couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with! After hurricane Irma hit in September Karen was constantly keeping us updated with renovations. The LaPlaya staff and Karen all worked hard to make everything perfect for us on our big day! Unfortunately it was raining the day of but everything was still gorgeous. They let us bring sand from the beach to the veranda so we could still "get married with our toes in the sand." Everything was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything more!!

Lindsay · Married on 10/14/2017

There is so much good to say about LaPlaya and our catering manager Betsy Moffitt that I don't even know where to begin. My now-hubby and I searched up and down the east and west coasts of Florida for a venue for our October 14th wedding. LaPlaya checked off every box and Betsy absolutely sealed the deal with her calm demeanor, knowledge, and responsiveness.

Fast forward to a month before our wedding when Hurricane Irma came right through Naples! My husband and I had just moved to Alabama from South Florida and were suddenly finalizing a "destination" wedding and didn't know what would become of our wedding day.

Despite LaPlaya being closed to guests (even through today!), Betsy never abandoned us. We had our hearts set on LaPlaya and we were unable to find a new venue. Betsy worked with us and her manager and since it was only the beach side of the resort that was affected, LaPlaya agreed to still host our reception in their bayside ballroom. We also opted for a beach ceremony instead of the Gulf Lawn. Betsy then helped us to move all of our guest rooms to another resort down the street - she literally took care of the entire swap, I just had to notify my guests of the change.

My husband and I showed up at LaPlaya 2 days before our wedding when we got into town and did a walk-through of the LaPlaya property with Betsy. There were gardeners out replanting and cleaning up Lantern Lane. There were workers cleaning up the pool deck. Betsy brought in plants to camouflage the construction.

The day of the wedding, you'd barely know LaPlaya was closed, let alone recovering from a major hurricane. The beach ceremony was beautiful (and we had it to ourselves!), Lantern Lane was perfect, and the Ballroom was pristine. The service was superb! We truly could not have asked for a better weekend, hurricane and all!

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 10
    LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 11
    LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 12
    LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 13
    LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 14
    LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 15

Kathryn · Married on 04/22/2016

Where do I even begin? Our April 22nd wedding at La Playa Beach & Golf Resort was more than perfect. It was surreal. and Melanie Dorcy, social catering manager, made our April 22nd wedding an absolute dream for my husband and I, our parents, and all of our guests. Our ceremony took place on the spectacular Gulf Lawn just before sunset, then our reception was held in the ballroom overlooking the harbor. We credit our wedding's success to our social catering manager, Melanie Dorcy, who worked closely (and compassionately) with us over the last six months. She was an incredible resource for vendor recommendations and other various considerations as she helped us plan our Naples wedding from Kansas City. She was incredibly responsive to my very frequent emails, and accommodated all of our specific catering and bar requests. On the wedding day, Melanie managed the vendors and our very energetic family with grace and poise. Her management style allowed my husband and I to thoroughly enjoy our wedding day. We had not a single worry.

Important to mention this. If top-notch cuisine is important to you on your wedding day, look no further than La Playa for your event. The salad, filet and grouper entree, and our other menu selections were absolutely divine and beautifully plated. The service was impeccable, as well. Two weeks have passed and I still cannot believe that that was OUR wedding! The whole experience was spectacular.

We, along with our immediate families and many guests, stayed at the resort for the weekend and had a ball playing on the beach and at the lovely pool. The hotel was flexible as we added and subtracted guests from our room block.

I could go on, but I will end here. We would highly recommend La Playa for a beautiful, elegant, classic Florida wedding you and your guests will never forget.

Nancy · Married on 01/30/2016

From start to finish LaPlaya was amazing. Betsy Moffitt is the person we worked wth for my daughter's reception, and she is the BEST! She is so calm, follows through on every little detail, always got right back to me within minutes, has impeccable taste, and is a true delight to work with -- she completely takes the "stress" away from you and creates the most magical event. I had always heard the food at the Laplaya receptions was outstanding, and our tasting certainly was, but wondered how it would be for over two hundred people. The appetizers on the lawn were delicious and gobbled up by our guests and the entrées in the ballroom were presented beautifully, prepared perfectly and equally delicious. The Chef is amazing, it is so nice not to have to worry about anything, and that's what you get when you work with Betsy and her entire staff at LaPlaya.

Marisa · Married on 11/06/2015

We got married at LaPlaya earlier this month. We used them for our ceremony as well as reception space. Words can't describe the experience these people made possible. Everything was perfect from start to finish. There's not one thing I can think of that was not absolutely perfect. From the bellmen, valet, receptionist, bartender, concierge (and so many more) to our Catering Manager Melanie every single person was an absolute pleasure to work with.

Gabrielle · Married on 10/18/2015

I had my destination wedding at LaPlaya in October and it truly was the wedding of my dreams! Everyone at LaPlaya is so nice and accommodating and easy to work with. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the food is DELICIOUS. I would pick LaPlaya ten times over again and would recommend to anybody getting married in the Naples area. What a gorgeous wedding!

Ruth Ann · Married on 08/22/2015

Karen Marchand and the team at LaPlaya did an exceptional job with my daughter in law and son's wedding on May 26, 2018! Karen and her team are thorough and professional, offering great advice along the way! Karen possesses a calm, reassuring demeanor, which makes her an absolute dream to work with! We had so much fun with the planning and the actual event!! We did not have the picture perfect Naples weather we were hoping for, but had chosen LaPlaya in part for their beautiful space in the event of bad weather! Our day was perfect because of the choice! The food was truly outstanding, definitely on a level beyond usual a banquet food, and the service impeccable!! We also were able to capture beautiful photos in various gorgeous spots throughout the property in spite of the weather!! We highly recommend LaPlaya!!!

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 16
    LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 17
    LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 18
    LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort 19

Cindy · Married on 05/02/2015

We chose to have our destination wedding at LaPlaya. Betsy and her team did an amazing job. From the first call through the final departure they expertly handled everything. Due to this we had a stress free wedding and we were able to enjoy our time with our friends and family. All of the staff from the front desk to the poolside/beach staff are very kind, professional and courteous. The grounds are absolutely breathtaking and the food is fresh and delicious. We also hosted a cocktail reception on the day all of our guests arrived and a farewell brunch. Again everything was phenomenal. We want to thank Betsy again for everything. She was a great pleasure to work with. No question/concern that we had was left unanswered and she was also there checking in to make sure everything was to the highest standards. She also coordinated meetings with our florist/day of coordinator Steven Bowles to facilitate the decor and planning process. We can't thank her enough for making our special weekend perfect. We highly recommend LaPlaya as the venue for your wedding. You will not be disappointed.

• O

Olivia · Married on 04/03/2015

Melanie, our wedding planner at the resort, was FABULOUS. She was on top of everything and personable. She was calm and collected and professional. The resort itself was unbelievable...from the front desk staff to the pool-side staff, employees were happy and made you feel important. They open doors and ask how they can help. My husband and I think the LaPlaya is how a 5-star hotel should be ran. We couldn't have chosen a better place for our wedding and reception for our destination wedding.

Jani · Married on 04/03/2015

I am not sure how I can ever thank Melanie at the Laplaya!!! We just came home from having our sons wedding there. From the very beginning Melanie was always there to help me plan and organize everything we needed to have a beautiful wedding. I had so many questions and planning a destination wedding from another state could have been very stressful. I had NO STRESS at all. Melanie took care of all the details, was always easy to talk to and get ahold of,which was so comforting to me. The wedding details were perfect and the wedding was perfect. The service and extra special care from Melanie is so greatly appreciated. The room was beautiful, the food was absolutely delicious! The Laplaya and Melanie made our sons wedding the most beautiful memory we could ask for!!! Thank you Melanie!!!! J. Sage

Grant · Married on 03/21/2015

The LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort was everything I imagined for my beautiful wedding day. My guests had a great time, the staff was attentive and helpful and everything went as planned. To top things off my floral and decorator Dream Occasions Studio made everything just as I imagined. I was also lucky to have one truly best photographers in Florida Alfredo from Couture Bridal Photography from Fort Lauderdale. So my day went without a hitch at the best venue for a wedding, that was decorated amazingly and I have the memories of my wedding day with amazing photography from the best in photography. I recommend the LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, Dream Occasions Studio and Couture Bridal Photography for anyone planning a wedding in the Naples area and definitely Dream Occasions and Couture Bridal Photography for any wedding anywhere!

Juliet · Married on 02/19/2015

LaPlaya came through PERFECTLY! If you get a chance to work with Melanie, she makes all your dreams come true. We could not have asked for a better event planner. She reply's to you within minutes! I swear at times there had to have been 2 of her with all that she handled! We don't know how she does it. There was no stress and she took care of all the details. I would recommend her and Laplaya!!!

Tannis · Married on 12/20/2014

My destination was perfect thanks to all the people at LaPlaya would made it possible. Our friends have all complimented the accommodations and about how beautiful the whole wedding weekend was. LaPlaya made my dream wedding a reality!

Carolyn · Married on 11/16/2014

My husband and i had decided to do a wedding on Vanderbilt Beach. After some research of my own i found Laplaya Golf and Resort. We wanted to stay within a certain budget but have an intimate wedding of 30 people. This we got! I worked with Melanie the hotel wedding coordinator. Not sure if that's her exact passion there but she did a fabulous job always keeping things on track and keeping everyone on time. She communicates very well and is very responsive to your needs. We also worked with Gail would sealed the deal,, marrying us on that beautiful Sunday. Gail was also a pleasure to work with and very professional. She was so easy going and made things simple for us with the vowels and legal stuff;-). I can't say enough about the staff involved. We did the brunch venue to make it more simple for our guest. The food was fantastic many of our guest had expressed to me, and the service was on point and curtious. We had some issues with the sun moving on us so we had to move the table umbrellas to keep from getting roasted. The food/outdoor staff immediately responded to this and helped move the tables into shadier areas. The food staff was a lot very polite and helpful. The reception ended around 3:30pm and some of our guest were still enjoying them selves by 3:50,,,and they didn't try to push them out;-). I guess that's a good party! That was the ceremony/reception part of it. We also had 10 rooms booked for our guest. Our guest loved their rooms, and most of them were upgraded for free due to their availability that weekend. So that added some extra enjoyment out of our families Laplaya experience. The views are amazingly breathtaking! My husband and i had a fabulous room and they surprised us with rose peddles on the bed and a bottle of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries. Everyone at this hotel was exceptionally polite and responsive. I highly recommend for your special day. Thank you Laplaya!

Stevie · Married on 11/01/2014

I honestly dont even know where to start my review. La Playa is the PERFECT place to get married. Karen was our wedding coordinator and she just OUTSTANDING beyond words! She kept in touch with me the whole year I was planning, whenever I emailed her she got back to me right away, always returned my calls, was so patient with me and my grandma's requests and did everything in her power to make sure we had the most perfect and special day. She truly went above and beyond for us and we love her for that! We were suppose to get married on the gulf lawn but got married on the windiest day ever and had to change our location to across the street on the terrace an hour before. She was SO great about it along with the other staff. Renee who also helped out during the night of our wedding so was SO attentive and always checking in on us. The ceremony location, cocktail hour (terrace) and reception (Vanderbilt ballroom) were all stunning!!! We also stayed in their suites that friday and saturday and it was just amazing. The suites are BEAUTIFUL! All of us girls and guys got ready in our own suites and it was so calm and relaxing. La Playa goes out of their way to make you feel special and they make sure you have the best day of your life. I would not have gotten married ANYWHERE else. Thank you for everything!

La Playa is a beautiful and relaxing venue for a wedding. We had a rehearsal dinner on the beach and the ceremony on the lawn. The lawn is lushly landscaped and the ballroom across the street has a wide verandah that overlooks the water; all beautiful. Our Event Coordinator, Melanie, was awesome and when we our Pastor couldn't perform the ceremony, she found someone else who did a wonderful job. Melanie was extremely helpful with all the details as well.

We started our wedding planning with LaPlaya 7 months prior to our wedding date. LaPlaya provided us with a guide that helped us find vendors for the wedding. This was extremely helpful when planning a destination wedding. We loved all of our vendors chosen!!! LaPlaya was a perfect setting for the wedding we both dreamed about. Our guest had a blast and want to do a repeat of it every year. :) I voted yes for that!!

If you love the beach and want to offer a special place for your guest, LaPlaya is second to NONE.

Eric · Married on 06/15/2014

Simply an awesome location for our destination wedding. The weekend began with a rehearsal/welcome reception held at the north pool. The BBQ buffet and ice cream sundae bar were perfect. Guests used the pool and hot tub. Our lawn ceremony and cocktail hour needed to be switched at the last moment due to a late afternoon thunderstorm. Betsy was fabulous and made the switch without hesitation. Our guests enjoyed the cocktails and appetizers on the terrace. The sunset ceremony took place on the gulf lawn complete with a double rainbow and spectacular sunset. The ballroom was amazing as we were introduced as was the food and service. The resort took great care of all of our guests as well. We could not have asked for a better venue. Betsy and her staff are top notch and so easy to work with. We recommend LaPlaya enthusiastically and would definitely use this venue again. We can't wait to go back.

Regan · Married on 06/07/2014

We were fans of LaPlaya before we got engaged, so when the time came to look for our venue we didn't bother to look anywhere else.

Before booking them we always received top notch quality services at their beautiful hotel. And that was exactly what we got for our wedding. Melanie Delanie was there with every answer we needed. If I had to do it again I will book LaPlaya in a heartbeat.

Thank you Melanie for everything!

We had our wedding at La Playa and blocked 40 rooms off for our guests. We have never been so pleased with a hotel! Their services were top notch and they were able to accommodate anything we needed the entire week! They are so professional and we would thumbs up La Playa to anyone for a wedding reception or party!

Esther · Married on 04/26/2014

Exceptional!!!! I had the best experience with Laplaya...We were very pleased with EVERYTHING!!! Julie our coordinator was exceptional. I couldnt have made it through the planning and all the extra stress without her. She treated us as though we were her friends/family. She took care of all our needs and went above and beyond to do things that were not even part of her job duties. She truly helped make our experience with Laplaya a memoriable one. We had a beautiful ceremony and recpetion soley due to Julie. I will forever be grateful to Julie for all she did for us. Laplay is a great place to get married the location and ambiance is spectaculer but working with someone like Julie just adds a special touch to it. Its a bit costly but well worth the money. All our guest are still talking about what a beautiful wedding we had. We are very please and already have plans to renew our weding vows there...some day :-)
    Thank You Julie Germer.

Sheila · Married on 03/22/2014

I wish I could give La Playa 10 stars, the service, location, venue, food and drink were a perfect 10. Melanie Delaney was my main point of contact from my very first visit and was with me every step of the way all the way until I walked down the aisle. Planning a large wedding (175 people) from Chicago can be very stressful but Melanie and her staff made it a breeze. No request was too big or too small and she was extremely responsive responding to my emails within minutes in most cases!

We had a big welcome BBQ on the north lawn Friday night and the setting was picture perfect with the sun setting in the background but the food, drinks and service made it outstanding. Despite a large group the staff at La Playa were flawless and made sure all of my guests were taken care.

Saturday our Ceremony/cocktail hour was a dream and the Vanderbilt ballroom was the perfect setting to dance the night away.

All weekend my guests kept talking about the venue and the service they received. Everyone was treated like royalty and La Playa took care of everything that I never had to worry.

You will not regret choosing La Playa for your venue. I wish I could do it all over it again.... It was that perfect!!!