LANE GORDON FILM Co. Reviews

67 | Battle Creek, MI

67 Reviews for LANE GORDON FILM Co.

• Lauren

Lauren Leversee · Married on 06/15/2019

WOW!!! best videographer EVER!

Lane and his team were INCREDIBLE to work with!! From the initial conversations to the wedding day to the actual videos themselves, we could not have been overjoyed or impressed!! The videos are absolutely incredible and we could not have imagined a better final product! They are so professional, creative, organized, and punctual and are truly a joy to work with! 5/5 rating for absolutely everything; I would recommend them over and over again!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney Sechrist · Married on 10/06/2018

Our favorite investment

Lane was simply amazing. He was the first vendor that I booked, a week after I got engaged, even though my wedding wasn't for almost two years.

First of all, his crew was on time and the best people to hang out with for the day. They arrived when they said they would, and started to do their thing. They were friendly to everyone, and some of the people in my wedding party that had never met them before told me felt like they had been friends with them for years.

It was really cool because the environment they cultivated was so natural, sometimes you'd forget they were there filming. They made us comfortable. Lane was a real "hype man". We loved listening to him cheer us on as he was getting his shots! It made the whole ordeal less awkward for those of us who aren't used to being filmed.

My wedding day had crap weather. It was raining, the sky was dark, etc. You would not have even been able to tell that based on the video that they put together for us. It looked like the most beautiful day.

The overall product that I received was amazing. I ugly cried and watched our trailer 50 times. Honestly, they captured my day BETTER than I even remembered it. And they got us our videos in such a timely fashion.

We would recommend Lane Gordon Film Co. to ANY couple getting married. We loved that their style was unique, but also that they tailored it to us and really captured our spirit.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Katie Peterson · Married on 09/15/2018

Blown away by our video

Lane and his second shooter, Dave, lived up to all of my expectations and more. Lane's thorough communication with me in the weeks and days leading up to our wedding day put my mind at ease with all of the other craziness going on. I was unsure of what it would be like to have 2 people documenting every moment of the day, but Lane made it so comfortable and fun.

Do not even get me started on the trailer and full video. Lane came highly recommended, but watching our video back gave us all the feels. I was impressed beyond words and we received nothing but compliments from our friends and family.

I am so glad we went with Lane for videography services and I will always be grateful for the time and energy he put into shooting our day and editing it to include all of the perfect touches. I am so happy we went with Lane Gordon Film Co. for our wedding and I am thrilled with the final product he gave us.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Kaliana · Married on 08/18/2018

Loved having Lane at our wedding! He captured memories that would last a lifetime thanks to his cool, modern , and quality film.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Hailey · Married on 07/21/2018

Lane & team were incredibly professional and helped make our day unforgettable. Lane was accessible during the planning process and present and on time throughout the entire day. He made us feel incredibly comfortable and we are so satisfied with the final product! I am so happy about our decision to hire this company and we would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/22/2018

Lane and Mindy are absolutely wonderful. I had the best experience working with them. They are so kind, professional, and fun. Our video is so amazing and is something we will cherish forever. I have researched many videographers and have found their videos to be the most unique, and the quality is amazing. Also, their turn around time is SO quick. We recieved our 14 minutes video just over a month after our wedding. Thank you SO much. You guys are truly the best!!!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Maggie · Married on 05/26/2018

I’ll cut to the chase — if you can book Lane Gordon, you have given your family and future self a priceless gift.
    I found Lane via my cousin’s wedding and I jumped on booking them soon after we were engaged. “When you know, you know” applies to vendors, too. Hehe.
    By some miracle, we got them!
    From the very beginning Lane was friendly and responsive. He also sent a thorough questionnaire to get to know us and our wants and needs from him.
    He kept in touch and we had a FaceTime meeting to talk about the day-of plan. The day of the wedding, Lane and Mindy were easy to be around, friendly and literally always upbeat. When plans pivoted, they didn’t flinch. When temperatures got uncomfortable, they rolled with it. They worked alongside our photographers beautifully. Lane has little tricks to make you forget the camera is on you.
    Two weeks after our wedding, our trailer video was ready. I still get moved watching it. And my husband teases that he’s got the beginning memorized because I watched it so much that first weekend.
    Lane is also very receptive and flexible. We loved every second of our trailer video, but we had a few notes about our feature film and Lane gave no hesitation making the small changes that made us love it.
    I truly treasure the product that Lane gave us.
    P.S. You can peep my shoes and dress on the “Investment” page of his website.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Lindsay · Married on 05/05/2018

Lane did a fantastic job not only at the videos, but having a good time and keeping everything running smoothly throughout the planning process! We love our video so much! It truly captures the greatest day of our lives. Lane and his friend even helped me get the dirt off my dress with baby wipes after taking pictures in the woods! All in all it was a wonderful day and now I have the perfect video to remember it.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Matthew · Married on 04/28/2018

Wonderful expirence! Honest. Direct. Sincere. Reliable. Professional.

What they tell you on their website is factual (price, timing, deliverables) all met!! They put us at ease the moment we met them and truly captured all the love, passion and grace of our wedding.

The end product was amazing and as advertised!! Can’t recommend them enough!!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2017

Lane and his team were amazing! Being followed around by a camera sounded intimidating but Lane made it natural and fun. Then the video we received captured everything perfectly. It was even better than we could have expected. He's also incredibly responsive to emails. We would definitely rehire them again, hands down!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Brittany · Married on 08/05/2017

We were on the fence about getting a videographer, but I decided I had to have one. I am so happy we made that decision! Lane and his second shooter were absolutely amazing at our wedding. Lane is super easy to work with and turns around his work very quickly. I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Malorie · Married on 07/01/2017

Lane was absolutely wonderful. He has a true passion and enthusiasm for what he does. He was a joy to work with and we cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Jen · Married on 06/24/2017

They were amazing! Made our wedding day 100 times better and the memories are now everlasting!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Caitlin · Married on 06/17/2017

I can't say enough good things about Lane and Mindy! From the moment I spoke to Lane on the phone I knew they were perfect for our day. Our friends and family cannot stop talking about our video and of course my husband and I are obsessed! :) You will not regret hiring them to capture your big day!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Linda · Married on 05/27/2017

I searched high and low for a videographer within our budget that created cinematic wedding trailers. I continued to be disappointed until I found Vintage Storybooks. From my first phone call with Lane, I knew they were “the one!” I watched several (or should I say all) of the wedding trailers they have created on Vimeo, and pretty much teared up while watching all of them. Lane worked with me on a payment plan, which I was so thankful for! They are a husband and wife team that I guarantee will capture your day beautifully. They worked really well with our photographers, they were not intrusive at all but somehow got amazing footage up close and personal. I received my wedding trailer exactly 2 weeks from our wedding day, and Lane was also done with our ceremony and speech edits at the same time as our trailer (even though their turnaround time for the ceremony and speeches is technically 6 months!!!!) I HIGHLY recommend using Vintage Storybooks for your wedding, it was one of the best decisions I made about our wedding!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Sara · Married on 10/01/2016

We loved Lane and Mindy! We did a skype interview before choosing them because we were out of town. It was not a difficult decision to choose them. The day of our wedding, they were supportive and yet we barely noticed they were there (in a good way!). They captured every special moment. Above and beyond. Great final product. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Brittany · Married on 09/20/2016

Book with Lane & Mindy! If you have a budget and are unsure if you can fit it in, figure it out! It is worth everything single penny. My husband was not sold on the idea when I first brought it up but from the day of our wedding on he has been so excited we did it. They added zero stress to our wedding day and the video was so special to us. We find ourselves watching it often...laughing and crying. It is something we will have forever and can one day show our kids. Photo's are great but they just don't tell the same story as the video. It is so exciting to be able to rewatch your wedding day. It goes so fast! I would recommend Vintage Storybooks time and time again and have nothing but good things to say! Plus it was over 100 degrees the day of my outdoor wedding and again....Lane & Mindy were awesome!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Bryan · Married on 08/30/2016

Honestly, I can't imagine it being any better. Lane was just a dream to work with from our very first call and made us feel not only great about our investment but excited about the product. His work is stunning and truly captures what you hope for in a wedding video. They communicated and worked well with our other vendors. And their onsite work the day of was perfect. They were there but you hardly noticed them while they capture the beauty of your day. And the finished product was amazing. Oh and this groom asked for a drone shot, and he got one! Im not much for writing reviews so I will keep it short and simple: Hire Vintage Storybooks and you will not regret it.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/13/2016

As familiar as we were with Lane and Mindy's work in the past, they found a way to exceed every expectation we had for our own wedding video!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2016

Lane and Mindy were exceptional on our wedding day in Saugatuck, MI. They were both so easy to work with, and everyone in the wedding party felt so comfortable when they were shooting. They have a unique ability to capture the most meaningful parts of the day and compile them all to make an outstanding trailer. Not to mention, they are both so smiley, energetic, and excited on your wedding day- allowing both myself and my husband to feel so comfortable and carefree. I would definitely recommend Lane and Mindy for anyone's special day. They are so awesome to work with and so accommodating to your needs! :)

Sent on 08/10/2016

Anna · Married on 06/04/2016

We spoke with a few videographers but after our first phone call with Lane we knew we had to book Vintage Storybooks. Besides the fact that their work is outstanding, they were so easy to talk to and I knew that would make us so much more comfortable the day of our wedding. We had so much fun shooting with them, our bridal party LOVED them, and Lane and Mindy worked so well with our photographers. The videos--both the trailer and the longer one--are more beautiful than I could have ever imagined and I'm so thankful that we will have them forever. We really can't say enough good things about Lane and Mindy!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Eric · Married on 05/22/2016

Looking at all the videographer we chosed Lane & Mindy because 1st their work stood out but most importantly after a couple of calls to other videographer's they were the first to take interest and want to connect to you personally and they also helped answer all our questions and help shape the perfect plan to create the wedding videos we wanted. They're so fun and pleasant to be around it helped make the wedding day even more perfect. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Nicole · Married on 05/14/2016

Lane and Mindy are awesome! Our video is beautiful and it was done so quickly! We could not be happier. I would recommend them to any couple. They are so sweet and are so talented. We really cannot say enough good things about them.

Sent on 07/15/2016

Laura · Married on 09/06/2015

When I think of Vintage Storybooks I think of professionalism, creativity, and fun! I highly recommend Lane and Mindy as they made things easy, gave great direction when needed, and the final product couldn’t be more perfect. I loved how they brought our unique individuality out as a couple and captured the entire scene of the day by creating a story that was relatable and energetic. I remember saying I would totally grab a beer with Lane sometime- he’s one cool guy! He even helped give me some advice in the early planning stages and provided his own expertise while taking some of my creative ideas and weaving them throughout the entire storyline (great job!).

Their team was exceptional to work with despite planning the entire event from the West Coast as we live in California and we were married in Holland, MI about 45 minutes from my hometown. I originally received a referral from my photographer to work with Vintage Storybooks and I’m relieved that I did.

If you are considering videography and Vintage Storybooks- 1000% go for it. Not only was it so exciting reliving our day it was so easy to share with friends, family, and co workers what the experience was actually like being a guest. We received our trailer less than 2 weeks after our wedding, what a great present after the honeymoon!

I would confidently say it was the best money I spent for this event! We choose the full package with the trailer and full 15-minute video, which was the best option for us as we wanted to capture the vows that we wrote each other and all of the amazing speeches. Vintage Storybooks provides options and I appreciate the flexibility.

Thank you Vintage Storybooks for creating a masterpiece that we can watch again and again throughout our anniversaries and share with those closest to us! Cheers.

-Rob & Laura

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • SaraSteve2015

Steve · Married on 07/17/2015

When I first met Lane at a wedding in Ann Arbor, I knew I needed his excitement, his kindness and his smile at our wedding, and that is exactly what he brought! He worked perfectly with the photographer and they played well off each other. I still find myself watching the trailer amazed by how beautiful our special day was and I can always come back to that feeling because of Lane and his wife, Mindy.
    Thanks, buddy! #PennfieldPizza