Landoll's Mohican Castle Reviews

Landoll's Mohican Castle 4
Landoll's Mohican Castle 5

Nick Williams · Getting married on 07/10/2020

It's like a fairy tale!

Getting married at Landoll's was such an amazing experience both for us and all of our guests. Everyone couldn't stop telling us good the food was and how beautiful the venue was as well. Our wedding coordinator, Shayla, was the best! She was super responsive to all my emails back and forth and was able to help change up the floor plan to adjust to our needs. Day of the wedding she was along with us the whole way. Everything turned out beautiful and both of use could not be happier we picked this place.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Felicia

Felicia Mercado · Getting married on 05/10/2020

Small Elopement Wedding

I can not express how AMAZING my wedding day was thanks to the staff at Landoll's Mohican Castle! Everyone was so welcoming to us the moment we stepped into the entrance and continued to check on us throughout the stay to make sure we were receiving the wedding of our dreams. I am also impressed by the help I received before we got there. They made sure to cover all the details and scheduling, even staff that wouldn't be there on the wedding day. They literally scheduled, booked, and ordered everything for us and we had to do NOTHING. I could not have asked for a better wedding day and we will continue coming back here for other occasions.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Natalie Alicia Saxe · Married on 11/06/2019

Small Elopement

The staff was so welcoming and the venue is absolutely gorgeous! Quick responses to questions and our wedding planner made sure we had everything we wanted. It was perfect!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Courtney leigh

Courtney leigh · Married on 09/14/2019

Everything and more

I've always wanted a castle wedding since I was a little girl and this was awesome. I couldn't have picked a better place! The photos and the atmosphere were just amazing! Melody did an outstanding job with everything! So so happy!!

Landoll's Mohican Castle 6
    Landoll's Mohican Castle 7
    Landoll's Mohican Castle 8
    Landoll's Mohican Castle 9
    Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Jessii

Jessii Neal · Married on 09/05/2019

Our True Elopement

We were completely amazed that a place like this even existed so close to us! It was perfect I’m every way!!! Everything from start to finish! They even made sure the weather was just right! Haha! Melody was absolutely amazing and such a sweet lady! We had a “true elopement “ as they called it and they treated us like there were 1000 people there! Reverend Jill did an awesome job officiating as well! And our photographer captured some of the most stunning pictures to help capture every moment! I could go on and on but you get the idea. If you’re contemplating doing your wedding here- look no further! Trust me... you’ll have no regrets. Thank you to Everyone at Landoll’s! We can’t wait to make this a frequent visit!

Landoll's Mohican Castle 10
    Sent on 09/10/2019

Annmarie · Married on 08/01/2019

A Fairy Tale Wedding

Our daughter was married last week at Landoll's Mohican Castle and it was perfect in every way- Absolutely MAGICAL!! Melody was our wedding coordinator and she did everything to make this event as stress free as a wedding can be. She was always so responsive to my constant e-mails and my questions. She had helpful suggestions for things I didn't even think about and was always flexible! Throughout this experience, we formed a friendship. That may sound silly, but that is the amount of love and care she put into making my daughter's special day perfect! There was not a detail missed! The grounds are stunningly manicured and the entire staff was pleasant and helpful. Josh and Mary were especially helpful as I brought the majority of the decorations with me and had to unload them and set up. Everyone was so accommodating to our every need. The rooms are gorgeous! Something out of a fairy tale and the majority of our guest stayed in one of the 17 uniquely decorated castle suites or in the additional rooms available at the newly renovated Stables. Everyone raved about the lodging and lastly, the food was spectacular! Chef Kyle and his staff out did themselves. All the guests were impressed by the quality of their meal and the generous portions. If you are looking to have an outdoor wedding, The Castle is where you should book!! Thank you to everyone there for the best wedding I could have possibly given to our daughter and our new son-in-law!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Jane Gray · Married on 07/13/2019

Highly Recommend!!

Our daughter just got married at Landoll's on July 13, 2019. We had 110 guests, 2 bridesmaids, 2 groomsmen, a flower girl and ring bearer.

Landoll’s Mohican Castle is a beautiful, intimate setting but is also able to handle large weddings. There are options for indoor or outdoor weddings. Our daughter and son-in-law chose the outdoor terrace with a view of the castle, waterfall, and beautiful landscaping. There is a wonderful outdoor pavilion with chandeliers for a backup rain plan, and the indoor Event Center should you choose to be indoor or in the case of severe weather. All of the options are fantastic with little to no additional décor needed, just what you may want to personalize your experience if you choose. The landscaping on the entire grounds is just beautiful, everywhere you look are flowers, plants, pavers, waterfalls, etc.

The Staff at Landoll’s was so helpful, flexible, and really listened to my daughter’s wishes. Shayla Landoll, our wedding planner, was easy to work with. She offered several ideas when we weren’t sure what we wanted or would be able to do. She was open to several visits and tours of the facilities and grounds, and immediately responded to questions and changes in plans. From Shayla to Josh, Director of Operations, to the office staff, the kitchen staff, the housekeeping staff, everyone was always attentive and kind. While our daughter and son-in-law had their private “first look” with our photographer, Shayla and staff ensured they were able to enjoy their moment and get photographs all over the property without being interrupted. Shayla coordinated everything to the point where we had nothing to do on the wedding day except enjoy it with our family and friends. Shayla also provided a list of hair salons, DJ’s, décor rental, wedding cakes, etc. which was very helpful!

The reception was held in the Event Center with a sit-down dinner. Our guests were served salad, appetizers, and drinks between the wedding and reception while the wedding party was taking family photographs. The dinner was amazing, hats off to the chef and his team! We received so many compliments from guests about the food, location, atmosphere, and staff – it was just amazing and the cost was very reasonable! We were able to enjoy a beautiful relaxing dinner and move right into a night of dancing and celebrating. Another feature of the Event Center is the outdoor space, a beautiful deck with flowers, rocking chairs, trees, and plenty of room to mingle. We chose a cash bar. Shayla knew how much work we had put into the planning and had a special surprise waiting for me at my seat – their famous Peach Sangria!!! It was a little extra special touch that I appreciated.

We had several out-of-town guests that stayed on the property both in the Castle as well as The Stables and on-site cottages. There is an indoor swimming pool and on-site restaurant. The Sunday brunch was also amazing, and the staff at The Copper Mug was fantastic. Due to some of our elderly guests requiring special assistance, Shayla secured wheelchairs and mobile transportation to ensure they could move from the ceremony to the reception with ease. She was very thorough and made sure she was aware of any special needs, family dynamics, seating arrangements, anything at all we needed, she took care of it!

I would highly recommend Landoll’s Mohican Castle for your wedding or any other family event.

Sent on 08/06/2019

Kim Maxwell · Married on 05/04/2019

Wedding venue

Most amazing wedding day for our daughter! In spite of the rain, Landolls made it all come together beautifully! First of all the property is inpecably manicured and completely breathtaking! The castle is one of a kind in beauty and a photographers dream! So many gorgeous places for bride/groom/family photos! Secondly, the staff is fantastic, handling everything as promised and helping in every way! Food was incredible too, right along with the attentive service! We had a marvelous experience at Landoll's!! It's Monday morning and we're still smiling thinking about what a great time we had there!!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Gary Bambam · Married on 10/20/2018

Sons wedding

Wonderful unique venue. Shayla and her team did a superlative job handling everything from the rehearsal and dinner through the wedding and the reception!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Michelle Bonk · Married on 10/06/2018

Landoll’s Mohican Castle

My wife and I got married there on October 6, 2018. I must say at the beginning I was concerned, because as two brides, I wasn’t sure how we would be received. Our experience was absolutely amazing! First and foremost, Shayla rocks at her job. She made us feel like family, just as the rest of the staff has. There were never any issues that she didn’t take care of immediately. Our journey was about a year and a half and she lead us through all of it! Our day was beautiful and went off without a hitch! The grounds are amazing and we’ve stayed there 5 times the past year and a half and have already booked another room for December. I would recommend Landoll’s for future brides and grooms. Shayla made us feel completely confident that she had everything under control. I loved how romantic our setting was and it was so for all of our guests. It’s such a beautiful place, but it’s not pretentious or snooty. Everyone is so nice and they have great senses of humor.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Kim Sherman · Married on 09/30/2018

A storybook affair

My daughter posted a rather negative review on theknot on 10/14/18 towards Landoll’s Mohican Castle and her wedding experience.

I want to counter that review and assure anyone considering Landoll’s, as their destination wedding, that the experience is wonderful... much like something out of a storybook.

How Landoll’s can manage multiple wedding ceremonies in a given weekend, and still make you feel that they are completely focused on your event, is amazing. Our wedding planner’s (Melody) caring efforts and individual attention allowed my daughter to have the perfect fairytale wedding she dreamed of all her life, where a princess married her prince at a beautiful castle.

I recommend Melody and the Landoll team to any aspiring prince or princess on their quest to happily ever after!!

Landoll's Mohican Castle 11
    Landoll's Mohican Castle 12
    Sent on 10/17/2018

Mary · Married on 09/21/2018

We just had our son and daughter in law's wedding at the Castle and we are still re-living how great it was for our family and friends. Here are the reasons we gave it 5 stars. 1) Shayla Landoll, our wedding planner was super helpful, fun, flexible and very easy to work with. She understood what our bride and groom wanted and helped them whenever they needed. She was always very available and had good ideas that we used. 2) The venue itself is in a beautiful setting and it is different from other wedding settings. It is not pretentious, like you might think when you hear the word "castle". Another nice part of the property was the indoor swimming pool, which we used for an after wedding pool party that mostly the younger people just loved. 3) The Food. Chef Kyle and his team did a great job with our rehearsal dinner and the wedding dinner. They were flexible and even were able to delay dinner an hour (due to a rain storm) and it was still delicious and hot. The brunch food the next day was also fantastic! 4) We thought their pricing was very reasonable and they make it clear from the beginning, so you are't surprised at all when you see the bill. The only real variable was the bar bill. 5) The overall feel of the place and people working there is one of "family", everyone pitches in and they will do what it takes to make sure your event is exactly what you want. We've had several comments about the whole experience since the wedding. I loved the rural nature of it and the fact that they have vendors close by for really everything you need and they are very good and reasonably priced. It is a hard working group that aims to please

Sent on 10/01/2018

Carolyn · Married on 09/08/2018

I highly recommend Landoll’s Mohican Castle for your wedding or other event! Shayla and her staff were just amazing and made my daughter’s wedding a delightful and magical celebration. The property is just an hour away from Columbus, but truly felt like a destination wedding. From vendor recommendations to local area discount programs, they were extremely resourceful. Onsite rehearsal dinner options were simple and made the day so relaxed and enjoyable for all.

The staff made every effort to meet our requests throughout wedding day even providing umbrellas when the weather turned to a very calming day of showers . The ceremony was easily moved from the terrace to the new pavilion which was cozy for 120 guests. The event center provided an exquisite location for the reception and we were able to add our own special touches. Shayla had our favorite drinks waiting as the bridal party was introduced at the reception. Guests raved about the property, the food was above our expectations, and the atmosphere was unparalleled. Our vision came to life of the fairy tale wedding for our daughter and new son-in-law last weekend at Landoll’s Mohican Castle last weekend!

Landoll's Mohican Castle 13
    Landoll's Mohican Castle 14
    Sent on 09/13/2018
  • Anee

Anee Jones · Married on 09/03/2018

Fairy-tale wedding (after 40!)

What a magical place Landoll's Castle is - our wedding was like a dream! The grounds are beautifully kept and it is an ideal location for an outdoor wedding. So many enchanting & unique rooms to lodge our family & friends! Located between two major airports in Columbus & Cleveland, it was a convenient destination for many out of town guests. Many really enjoyed the country-side drive through Amish Country. The Landoll team was so incredibly accommodating and great to work with! Shayla Landoll, who was also our wedding planner, connected us with everyone we needed - from makeup artists to our floral & set designers. We literally rode away in a horse-drawn carriage (which Landoll arranged!) They also have a restaurant and their Executive Chef prepared the most delicious meal for our dinner. Many of our guests had never been to an outdoor wedding before, and several commented it was the most extraordinary experience. My only regret is that we didn't take advantage of the spa-services they offer at their magnificent pool house. I have to mention, while we were there, we also witnessed some really lovely yet simple weddings. Whatever your budget is, I saw the Landoll team make every bride feel like a Princess! It's such a captivating & beautiful place with such a great staff - and they treat all their guests like royalty! My husband & I look forward to returning to this magical place to celebrate future anniversaries!

Landoll's Mohican Castle 15
    Landoll's Mohican Castle 21
    Landoll's Mohican Castle 22
    Sent on 10/22/2018

Deniz · Married on 08/25/2018

Landoll's Mohican Castle was an amazing place for our wedding! They have the sweetest and most accommodating staff (Shayla was amazing during the planning process). We had family coming from all over the country and was almost like a destination wedding. Future brides may love a few of these things that Landoll’s offered: -Flexibility with wedding packages -Multiple on-site options for the ceremony. We loved the terrace but it rained on our wedding and we moved the ceremony quickly to the pavilion, and our guests loved it even more. It was beautiful! -On-site rehearsal dinner was easy and delicious. Our guests in general loved the food. -The rooms are beautiful and our guests loved staying there! If you book this venue, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 09/23/2018
  • W

Windy · Married on 11/25/2017

Our wedding was beautiful and everything we hoped it would be. Melody was there through it all and was so nice and very helpful with everything . The good was excellent and our guest had a great time. I could not ask for anything more, it was perfect!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/12/2017

Oh my goodness, having our wedding at Landolls Castle was a dream come true! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. Melody, was extremely helpful and sweet through the entire process. I’m beyond happy with our experience and 10/10 recommend to anyone searching for an amazing venue!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Dana · Married on 10/22/2017

Perfect wedding; perfect vendor!! Melody is amazing. She is so kind, attentive, and helpful. She was genuinely happy for my new husband and I. She helped us every step of the way from the beginnings of wedding planning to the end of the wedding reception. She even checked on us the next day and gave us a gift and a card. I had the wedding of my dreams at this venue thanks for Melody.

Landoll's Mohican Castle 23
    Sent on 10/23/2017
  • Future Mrs Huprich

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2017

Absolutely amazing! Melody was fantastic and kept everything running smoothly. The grounds were beautiful and the food was so good. We had the Sunday brunch and all of our guests raved about the praline French toast. We honestly couldn't have asked for a more amazing day, it was better than I ever could've imagined it would be.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Laura · Married on 09/30/2017

Our wedding was more perfect than we could have dreamed. Melody, our coordinator, was so helpful throughout the planning process. She is such an open, genuine person and we are so thankful that she took the time to get to know us. The morning of our wedding she switched out some of the standard decorations to better match our style, without me even asking! Kyle, the chef, made special appetizers and entrees to make our wedding vegan-friendly. Each one of our guests raved about the food. Landoll's Mohican Castle came through on all of our wedding needs - shuttle, after-hours party and beautiful guest accommodations. Our day was pure magic, and I have Melody and the staff at Landoll's to thank for that!

Sent on 10/14/2017
  • Z

Zack · Married on 09/23/2017

What an awesome and memorable experience we had at Landoll's!! We only had out Rehearsal Dinner that this beautiful venue but the service they provided was exceptional. Melody was a joy to work with and she made the whole process run smoothly and helped make sure we were pleased start to finish! I cannot begin to thank the entire staff at Landoll's for everything they did for us!! If you are considering this venue for an event, vacation or wedding, we would highly recommend it! If you live in the area, go and visit and stop in to have a bite to eat! We LOVE the food there!! Thank you Landoll's for all that you did! We will be back for a visit soon!!!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Erica · Married on 09/09/2017

The castle was an absolutely magical place to get married! Shayla and the whole staff did an amazing job making sure my fiancee and I could have the relaxed, fun wedding of our dreams. Shayla coordinated everything seamlessly with the other vendors and knows her stuff. The guests loved the beauty of the castle grounds, the delicious food and the great service throughout the reception. The whole weekend was amazing. We ended up having an after-rehearsal-dinner party in the pool house and Shayla and the staff moved everything up there for us and made sure we had everything we needed. We had lots of kids there and the staff was wonderful with them and the kids had a great time exploring the grounds and castle. We can't wait to come back for our anniversaries!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Christy · Married on 09/08/2017

we had the MOST AMAZING experience in the WORLD!! it was a true fairytale!!! the absolute most amazing day in our lives! thank you to Melody McCory for making our dream wedding come true!!! not only is she the kindest person on the planet, but she really does care about YOU and YOUR special day! just the sweetest person I met in Ohio!!!! thank you so much for this venue! I want to do it all over again and again!!! we love you guys! the castle was gorgeous (o; the castle made for the most perfect pictures ever! our wedding dinner was delish!! the ribs just fell off the bone. the bartender was so sweet and bubbly! thank you for everything, we cannot wait to come back and stay our night there in the castle! the only thing I would make sure everyone knows is the roads are dark and windee! just tell your guests to be careful or use the complimentary shuttle they have!!!! we WILL be back and we encourage everyone to use the castle for their special day!!!!

Sent on 09/14/2017
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 08/20/2017

Our wedding at the castle was absolutely amazing. It was truly a fairy tale! The entire staff was more than accommodating, and was on top of everything. The food was so good, and the event center was put together perfectly. Melody, the wedding planner at the castle, was so sweet, and totally knew how to plan a wedding inside and out. A lot of my guests stayed at the castle, and they loved the scenery and the rooms. This is the coolest place to have a wedding, and I can't recommend it enough!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Landoll's Mohican Castle's reply:

Thank you so much for this kind review. We love what we do and it is because of Brides like you! Cheers, Melody!

Marcella · Married on 07/22/2017

Our daughter and son in law had a magical wedding weekend at Landoll's Mohican Castle. The rehearsal cocktail reception and dinner on the Wedding Terrace on Friday evening under the twinkle lights, with the castle as a backdrop, was a beautiful start to the celebration. The Landoll wedding team, led by Melody, were a dream to work with and created a picturesque setting for the wedding ceremony and reception. Our guests raved about the food and service. Thank you Melody and Matthew for a fairytale wedding!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Landoll's Mohican Castle's reply:

Marcella – The pleasure was all ours! We loved working with you and Taylor and Brad looked like they were glowing the entire weekend. Cheers to a fairytale beginning! Melody and Matthew