Laki Events and Design Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Christina
    Christina D. Married on 11/12/2021

Trust me, hire laki!

I actually don't even know where to start...the entire Laki team helped us create and execute the wedding of our dreams! To be honest, we were a little hesitant to hire a planner at first (bc we wanted to stay within our budget!), but we are SO happy we did. Our lead planner Brooke was an actual angel — she went above and beyond to make sure our day was beyond perfect. From the moment we met Lara and Brooke, we both felt heard. She totally understood our vision and was ready to take on the task. She is SO detail oriented, organized and supportive. Brooke even went as far as to offer pick up various rentals for us from various places and checked in multiple times just to see how we were feeling and ask if there was ANYTHING we needed. If you're planning a wedding, you know there are so many details that go into the day/the timeline/etc. Brooke and the Laki team HANDLED it. The day was perfection and we owe SO much to the entire Laki team. Brooke was an incredible advocate for us and we are so appreciative. I cannot recommend Laki (and our gal Brooke N.!) more!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 04/02/2021

Incredible Team! Highly Recommend!

We hired Laki Events + Design for both our 30-day + day-of coordination in addition to our florals and décor for our April 2021 wedding in Scottsdale. Lara and team were recommended to us by our venue, and she did not disappoint! I wasn't the girl who knew exactly what she wanted for her wedding day, but I knew I wanted a clean and classic look. Lara helped bring this vision to life and because of her, the day went flawlessly. It was extremely advantageous to have our coordinator also handle florals and décor - the "one stop shop" was instrumental in making this a very easy process and as a bride, one less thing you have to worry about on your day!

I feel so lucky to have found Lara. She has a calming demeanor that radiates throughout the entire wedding process. and I would highly recommend to any family or friends. There was an unfortunate and unforeseen last minute change to our wedding that occurred 4 days prior to walking down the aisle. Our outdoor wedding had to move inside for dancing, something that would normally be just fine, but in the midst of a pandemic, we were hoping for a 100% outdoor event. Upon receiving the news that we had to move inside, Lara and her team seamlessly handled the situation both with my husband and I, and the venue. By no means was this an easy task, especially with hours to go until our wedding, but Lara handled it with grace and class. I know Lara worked extra hours that week to ensure things worked out and that my husband and I were happy. She transformed a space that 1-week before we hadn't even talked about nor planned for. Lara made some calls and ultimately, made things happen! Exactly what you want in your coordinator.

This last minute change required more of Lara and her team. This adjustment now required a third move of florals (from outdoor ceremony space to outdoor reception area to indoor band/dancing). She didn't charge us more, she never added more to our worry plate - she just made it happen and we are so grateful to her and her team.

By the end of our wedding, we were more than happy - WE WERE ECSTATIC. There are always things about your wedding day that you don't think about - like what happens at the end of the night with your stuff and décor? Well, that was not something I was thinking about, and as my husband and I walked into our room at the end of the evening, all of our belongings were carefully organized and placed in our room. Not something I expected, but was so pleasantly surprised and relieved that everything had made it's way to our room - especially the all the beautiful cards and your guest book! Just one of those intangible items that Laki Events + Design does without even having to ask the bride + groom - because we were having too much fun on the dance floor!

We are so grateful to have Lara help us through the last minute changes and make our wedding come to life. Our weekend was everything we wanted and none of that would have been possible without the amazing team at Laki Events + Design. If you're looking for a team that knows what they are doing, a team that is adaptable and able to make things work no matter what, and extremely friendly - I highly recommend hiring them!
  • Nikki
    Nikki D. Married on 10/31/2020

Best wedding planners!

we worked with the laki team for our 4-day indian wedding at the andaz scottsdale. lara is a true partner and an exceptional wedding planner. she brought my very rough pinterest ideas to life by suggesting and working with the best vendors in the area, even through a pandemic and rescheduling!

the week of the wedding lara and her team handled every detail from transporting our parents around the resort to making sure we were fed to helping steam clothes and to making our guests feel welcome. i cannot thank lara and her team enough for everything they did -- our wedding wouldn't have happened without them. we love the laki team and recommend them for any event!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 05/24/2019

Best think we did for our wedding!!!

OMG. I don’t even know where to start. Lara was simply amazing!!! She is SO SO organized, which was so important to me being an out of state bride. Everything from our initial consultation to the end of our wedding night went perfectly. Lara is very responsive, professional and most importantly so very kind! Our wedding day was crazy but I couldn’t even tell that it was because of how good she is at her job! We had a bunch of wedding day decor (from California) and had brought it over during our final venue walk through and she was so sweet to take it all for us and brought it on the wedding day. That had saved us so much time and stress of worrying about how to bring everything with us on the plane the week of our wedding. This was hands down the best thing we had purchased for our wedding! Lara took out ALL of the wedding day stress for us. I especially love how detailed the timelines were! There was a time for everything and it was amazing because it kept everyone and everything on schedule. Lara and I worked on our timelines the month of our wedding and she made it so incredibly easy for us. We really cannot thank you enough Lara! We love you!!

Brides: if you are like me, who love to plan your own wedding from start to finish but just need someone to make sure your day runs smoothly, Lara is the one for you!
    Madison Married on 03/08/2019

Literally the BEST thing we did for our wedding!

Making the choice to have Lara and her team at Laki Events a part of our wedding was the BEST choice we could have ever made! Lara is so sweet and easy to work with and she really made sure we had the wedding of our dreams. She was very professional throughout the whole process and such a huge help. If I ever had any questions or changes, she always got back to me in a timely manner and was very responsiveness to everything I needed. The day of our wedding, she made sure all vendors showed up on time and everything was set up ready to go. The whole day ran smoothly and she always made sure to check in and see how everything was going. Even after the wedding, both my husband and parents said Lara was amazing! Many of our other vendors for the wedding were so excited to hear they got to work with Lara and Laki Events again, and that really says a lot. I would definitely recommend them to any couple because having Lara was literally the best thing we did!
  • Kelcie
    Kelcie W. Married on 01/19/2019

The most perfect day

Lara was absolutely amazing. IF anything went wrong on my wedding day, she handled it and I was not aware of it. I was nervous to pass the reigns on to someone else for such an important day, but Lara was incredible. Her timelines & organization skills were impeccable. She kept the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception on track while still being so calm, kind, & flexible. The cost of a coordinator seems like a lot, but Lara was worth every penny. She was SO responsive, prompt, and really took the time to make sure everything panned out like I had imagined it. Our families and bridal party (and myself!) were able to just enjoy the day and not worry about anything. I HIGHLY recommend a day of/ month of coordinator. And ABSOLUTELY recommend Lara and Laki Events.
    Lindsay Married on 12/01/2018

Best planner/florist- Hire them!

Lara, Rachel, and the rest of the Laki Events team were AMAZING to work with. They thought of every detail to make our day so special and magical! Lara was very responsive, timely, and so easy to work with. Laki Events helped with planning, created custom signs, helped run the rehearsal, and set up day-of details. Rachel did our floral, and the flowers were absolutely beautiful!!! Laki Events was recommended to me by two different friends that used the team at their weddings, and I would HIGHLY recommend them to any couple as well.
    Courtney Married on 04/21/2018
    Lara was a dream to work with. She made my wedding so much less stressful. She took care of all the little details and took over communication with the vendors so I didn't have to stress over anything close to the wedding. She was so organized and professional! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!
    Chelsea Married on 04/14/2018
    Lara was amazing to work with and brought our vision to life! We also hired her for our floral and it was absolutely gorgeous! It made it so stress free to have Lara as the day of wedding coordinator and provide all of the floral! She also had a great business relationship with our photographer, Larissa Jean Photography, which was the icing on the cake! I recommend Laki Events for any bride wanting to be present and enjoy their wedding day.
  • Joanna
    Joanna Married on 04/02/2018
    We are still speechless! Lara and Ken were outstanding. With a last minute dessert issue, they built a framed donut wall within 24 hours! Everything was perfect! Lara is an absolute sweetheart to work with. Everything was perfect! She is truly one of a kind and a friend for life. I found Lara through Instagram when I was living in Canada and from our first conversation, I knew we were in the best of hands. She made my vision come true! We will forever be grateful! Thank you xx
    Nikki Married on 12/09/2017
    Lara was amazing every step of the way!
    Haley Married on 11/25/2017
    My husband and I got married this past November and we rented a few signs including the pallet wall from Designs by Laki. Lara and her husband were amazing and so helpful. They came to set up the entire pallet wall the day before the wedding and designed the sign that was placed in the pallet wall. We also rented the no cell phone sign and the white linen for the arch. Lara also brought these over to the ceremony site and set them both up for us. My one regret of the entire wedding was that we did not look harder for a wedding planner and when we met Lara, we were about a month from the wedding and already had a planner booked. If you are looking for a day of coordinator/planner I would definitely recommend Lara!! She was so detailed and helpful with the few items for our wedding that I know she would make an amazing day of coordinator/planner.
    Amanda Married on 11/04/2017
    I booked Lara for day of coordinating and she was SO amazing! I first met Lara at a coffee shop to discuss what I was looking for and she came prepared with a full wedding checklist! She was beyond helpful meeting at my wedding venue, rehearsal, and day of coordinating!! On our wedding day Lara ensured that all vendors knew where to be set up and the timeline, decorations were set up & looked beautiful, and everything was on schedule! Thank you for all your hard work Lara!! <3
    Chelsea Married on 05/27/2017
    Both Lara and Ken are amazing to work with. I never planned to have a wedding planning and after meeting this team, it was essential to both help stay within budget, remain sane, and have a well-executed wedding, they were essential. I am a super busy bride and both my Fiance and I work a ton. They have created easy-to-follow check lists, great understanding of creative design, budget work-arounds, industry standards, financial expectations, etc. They are comfortable to talk to & brainstorm with. They can build and design HIGH CLASS materials without needing a ton of money. They allow us to use modern technology to allow us to plan on our time & use fun things that we are using, like Pinterest and Google Drive to manage our content. I could not imagine going through this project without them at this point. I recommend them to ANYONE for day-of, week-of, or full wedding planning. For further referral email me at cjdygert@gmail.com
    Ariel Married on 05/15/2017
    We never knew how stressful planning and executing a wedding could be, let alone finding someone to help us plan it. After endless amounts of time spent searching for the perfect team we found one in Laki Events and Design (team consisting of Lara and Ken), and we are so thankful that we did as they alleviated so much of the pressure and stress of planning our dream wedding. Lara and Ken were not only professional and efficient in the time and planning leading up to the wedding but they were an integral part of the wedding day going as perfectly as we could have ever hoped it would. Lara was always there to handle contact with the venue, the photographer, and other vendors to ensure that on the day of, everyone and everything was in place, on time, and were we needed them. On the day of, Lara and Ken were there helping set up all the little details and pieces of our wedding giving us plenty of time to enjoy wedding pictures and spending a little extra time with family before and after the ceremony. You could honestly not ask for a more friendly and easy to work with team or a better team to help coordinate and plan your wedding.
    Danielle Married on 05/13/2017
    You would hard pressed to find a more detailed, hard working, and caring person to coordinate your wedding. I was skeptical about the idea of hiring a wedding planner. I genuinely thought I could do it on my own with my Type A personality and giant wedding binder. Hiring Lara of Laki Events and Design would have to be one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. She was attentive and available for me every step of the way. She helped me think of things I hadn't. She designed and executed two beautiful events for me. She was worth every penny and I would hire her again in a heart beat. Not only did I get to have a wonderful wedding, but I gained a friend in the process. You have to meet with her to truly understand her warm personality that genuinely wants you to have the best day possible.
    Megan Married on 04/29/2017
    I know that there are a lot of different wedding planning companies out there, but Lara Jacobs is the ABSOLUTE best. She helped me so much more than what I expected her to do. I wanted to have a big hand in planning my wedding, so I hired her for as a "week of" coordinator. She ended up going so far above and beyond for us and our guests.

At our first meeting, I knew I wanted to hire her immediately. She completely understood my vision and what I was trying to achieve for our special day. She even gave me some recommendations right there on the spot. So many others I met with were so secretive about their resources and vendor recommendations. She was always up front and forthcoming about possibilities and her advice. Most importantly, she was always willing and eager to do more.

Long story short, we had a debacle with a terrible venue company about 30 days prior to the wedding and had to change our plans for both the ceremony and reception. Lara was quick to find alternative options, put together extra meetings and helped me gather information. Our day ended up being a dream. I would seriously go back and re-live that day over and over if I could. But one thing is for sure, I could not have done it without Lara and Laki Events.

If you do not hire Laki Events, you're crazy. Period. Thank you Lara!!!
    Larissa Married on 04/08/2017
    I was lucky enough to meet Lara and Ken through mutual friends. I could not be happier that they were brought into my life when I was needing some guidance the most with our wedding planning. Lara had recommendations for everything from DJs, florists, cakes, and so much more! She's got lists of vendors but she doesn't overwhelm you with too many choices. I was having an especially hard time finding a florist that I really connected with, and Lara took the time out of her day to not only set up a meeting with an AMAZING florist in downtown Phoenix but she also came with me to meet the florist in person and go over exactly what I wanted. During our meeting, I could tell that she's worked with the florist before too, and the florist loves working with her, which goes to show she's got some serious connections in the wedding industry. She even put together a concept board with photos and Pinterest pins I had shown her so that we had a whole cohesive visual to show vendors what I was envisioning for our special day.

And if that wasn't enough....Lara and Ken even create their own unique pieces of furniture and decor that you can rent on your wedding day!

I really can't recommend Laki Events & Design enough. I just have this total peace of mind knowing that they will be there with us on our wedding day, taking care of things for me and my fiance, and just allowing us to enjoy our day together!
    Peter Married on 04/07/2017
    Only use Laki Event+Design if you are ready to have an extraordinary experience! I do not think this team is capable of anything other than detailed, creative, thoughtful work. Our day was blessed with their diligent, calm effort. We were very lucky to have them with us.
    Maggie Married on 04/07/2017
    Lara and Ken went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was magic! They have amazingly talented creative minds and pay attention to the smallest details. They were prompt, friendly, enthusiastic and very professional. Because of this we have used their creative talents at other events. We highly recommend them!
    Alicia Married on 02/25/2017
    If you don't think you need a wedding planner, you're wrong! :) I wasn't sure at first, but we could NOT have managed the wedding on our own! Ken and Lara are the perfect team to bring your wedding dream to life. They have great ideas and gave me a complete sense of calm in a the stressful months leading up to the wedding. Their rentals are also special, not like anything you can find elsewhere. Working with them was the best decision we made throughout the entire planning process. Thank you again, Ken and Lara!
    Anna Married on 12/30/2016
    My husband and I couldn't have been happier with Laki Events. Lara, was so amazing and responsive to all of our questions and concerns. She and her team went above and beyond all of our expectations. She took additional time to help pick out flowers, set up on a day she wasn't required, and met with Alex and I out at the property, twice. She was so warm and friendly, almost as if she had been a part of the family for years. It felt so nice to just relax on the big day. I showed her a few examples of what I was hoping our overall wedding to feel like, and she made the venue feel and look even better than I had expected. I have been recommending Laki Events to all of my friends and family who may be in the need of an event coordinator. Again, thank you so much Lara, Alex and I truly loved you!!
    Brianna Married on 12/03/2016
    Lara & Ken exhibit the talent, compassion & professionalism you want in executing any event. But their loyalty, experience & love is what makes them the best. If you're planning a special event or wedding, it is these two you want by your side!
    Lisa Married on 11/03/2016
    We originally were not going to hire a wedding planner. About one month before the wedding, I was overwhelmed with last-minute details and having to figure out a day-of-timeline and coordinate vendors. We contacted several planners and Lara was the first to respond to every email and was incredibly professional. Setting up a meeting at the venue with her was effortless and she instantly put us at ease. I'm a very detail-oriented person, and was reassured by Lara's organization, care, and knowledge. She had great suggestions during the planning process and really allowed us to enjoy the weeks leading up to the wedding. She was also flexible with the price point because we had a friend volunteer to handle some things, this was a great perk that no one else offered.

On the day of the wedding, a HUGE storm hit Phoenix (go figure!) But I swear, we barely noticed. We had to switch a lot of things around at the last minute and I would have panicked without her. She made sure everything was taken care of and allowed us, our family, and our guests to enjoy the entire evening. Lara was truly the best choice for our wedding. She was so easy to talk with and you could tell how genuinely she feels about giving people the best day of their lives. We're so grateful!
  • Meredith
    Meredith Married on 04/16/2016

Ideal wedding planner and florist

Lara and her team were amazing in handling all of the details of my wedding and making my vision a reality. Lara is so organized and thoughtful. She has great relationships with vendors and venues in the Scottsdale area. She is very affordable and worth every penny. I would use her for any other event and am so glad she was my wedding planner and florist!