Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club Reviews

Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club 6
Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club 7

Kim Gay · Getting married on 12/28/2019

Great Venue

It was a beautiful venue. It was as nice as the Ritz Carlton without the Ritz price. Hayley, the event coordinator, was a pleasure to work with and she made sure all the small details were complete. The food was great and the whole experience made my daughters wedding a day she will always cherish!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Lacy · Married on 03/30/2019

Wedding in April

Lakewood Ranch hosted our wedding in April, and it was absolutely a dream come true!! They are amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Natalie · Married on 07/07/2018

Our wedding was PERFECT. Hayley was incredibly patient and extremely helpful in planning our wedding and she was phenomenal on the wedding day. She worked with all of our vendors so that we didn't have to worry about our cake and flowers and DJ and photographer all being where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. The F&B director was phenomenal - he was born to be in the hospitality industry. He noticed my grandmother uses a cane and without any prompting walked her from her table to the buffet and carried her plate the entire way while she selected her dishes and walked her back to the table. That is something that you can't teach - you have to be born with that generosity. It just made us that much happier to have selected Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club for our wedding! Not to mention the beauty of the club and golf course. I would highly recommend to anyone in the area!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club's reply:

Natalie,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was our absolute pleasure working with you and your family in planning your special day! It was a beautiful reception and we all loved having you and your family and friends at our venue to celebrate your love! We are very lucky to have our Banquet Manager, James, as a part of our team! He goes above and beyond to ensure all of our events run smoothly and according to plan.

Thank you again to you and Sebastian for choosing Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club to celebrate your wedding day!

Rose · Married on 10/14/2017

LWRCG was perfect for our wedding! We worked with Rachel and she so great to work with!! We book LWRCC over a year before our wedding and I kept Rachels inbox full of questions and ideas to add to our wedding. She was more than a coordinator for our wedding, she did so so much and we can't thank her enough. The service at the club was beyond amazing. Everyone was very nice and personable and did everything they could to help us. The room for the girls to get ready in was great. My dress was a secrete because I wanted that wow moment for pictures from my girls, and I got it! So the set-up was great. The food was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The new chef is incredible. He came out when we were doing our tasting and answered all of our questions and helped design the menu for our rehearsal, which we did at the club as well. We did Filet and the Champagne Chive Chicken. Both were so good and everyone complemented on the food. One guest I know preferred her steak more well done but didn't want to wait for them to cook it more, so they brought her chicken instead. Rachel kept us on our timeline and made sure everything was handled! She even bustled my dress several times when it popped! She was an angel! The ceremony location was beautiful. I was worried about the fountain being noisy, but with the microphone, you couldn't even hear it. Walking down the stairs was exciting, especially since it was really windy and my cathedral length veil went flying in front of me, it's okay it created dramatic photos I was going for ;) Rachel and Hayley tag team to make sure the timing of everything is flawless as well. We rented the cocktail hour downstairs and it was definitely worth it. I wanted our guests to be wowed when they walked in for the first time and not be peaking in through the windows upstairs plus I was worried our guests warm. We loved our wedding at LWRCC and would use LWRCC again! BEST VENUE!

Sent on 11/27/2017
    Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club 8
    Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club 9
    Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club 10
    Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club 11

Anna · Married on 10/07/2017

Lakewood Ranch Country Club was absolutely perfect for us! Rachel was there every step of the way to help us with our planning process! Her and her team were on top of every aspect of our wedding! We did have a rainy day, but Rachel was all over keeping us informed of our options and when the call was made to have the ceremony moved, they made it happen quickly! Our reception was gorgeous and the food was AMAZING! If you have the opportunity to have a wedding at Lakewood Ranch CC you will not be disappointed! Thank you Rachel and your team for all that you did to make our day so perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club 12
    Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club 13

Ryan · Married on 08/06/2017

Can't say enough great things about both the venue and Haley! Everyone raved about the food! We did the pasta station and the Prime Rib station and it blew people away. Our cocktail hour was supposed to be outside but it starting pouring rain and Haley took care of everything and our cocktail hour performer and moved them to an even better location. Can't recommend enough!!!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Meralys · Married on 04/23/2016

Rachel, the day of coordinator, was amazing throughout the entire process. She is a lifesaver. Everything turned out pefect because of her. She went above & beyond to make sure I was happy. My husband & I are glad we chose such a beautiful venue. Thank you Rachel for everything!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Rachel and the staff at Lakewood Ranch Country Club are the best around! This was our first venue we looked at for our wedding and we instantly fell in love with it. The club's grounds offer a beautiful setting for pictures, the ballroom is absolutely gorgeous with a balcony over looking the grounds, and the bridal suite makes for a perfect getting ready room. From start to finish, Rachel provided great communication and we new we were in great hands. The night of our wedding went perfectly and I truly believe it was because we had the best vendors in town and because we decided to have our reception at the country club. And to top it off our guests raved about how delicious the food was! I am so grateful for all of the wonderful work Rachel and the staff at the country club provided! It truly was the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Amanda · Married on 11/28/2015

I cannot get over how much I loved using LWRGCC for my ceremony and reception! Rachel, the day of coordinator, was simply fabulous throughout the wedding process. She's laid back, but offered opinions when asked and made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable asking any questions. She was very organized and extremely helpful on the wedding day, as well. The food for the cocktail hour and reception was AMAZING. All of our guests said it was "the best wedding food they've ever had." No exaggeration. I feel like our money was well spent and this was the most beautiful location (for the price) that I found in Bradenton and Sarasota. I would recommend this location to anyone!

Sent on 12/13/2015
  • User6195916 · 2+ years ago

Very oatient! Rachel was super helpful with everything, food was amazing! And the place was very beautiful!!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Natalia · Married on 08/07/2015

Rachel is one of the most amazing people ever!! She was so helpful about everything! I cannot begin to say how above and beyond she went for my wedding! It is auch a beautiful location. I had both my ceremony and reception there and I cannot imagine having it anywhere else! Thank you to rachel and her team for making my day so amazing!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Laurel · Married on 07/18/2015

Simply Beautiful. By far topped all the venues we looked at for our ceremony and reception. Being able to have an all in one (ceremony and reception) location was quite convenient.

Sent on 07/21/2015

amber · Married on 05/24/2015

My husband and I cannot properly portray our gratitude to the staff at Lakewood Ranch Country Club and Rachel for making our Wedding Day perfect. Rachel is a class act and was so patient with us and even though we were a very low key, no frills client, she treated us with the upmost respect and importance. She handled every detail with ease and we never had to worry about a thing. I was shocked how easy everything was. The whole staff and the Country Club is unmatched. They are on point in every way and left no detail unattended. They made our quiet, intimate wedding as perfect as we could imagine it. The value is beyond what you expect and there is nothing Rachel can't handle. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/11/2014

This venue could not be anymore perfect!! It is beautiful and elegant and you receive first class service. The coordinators who help you plan all the details are wonderful and the staff at the reception were excellent. The value for such a beautiful location was amazing too! I looked at several other country clubs who were more expensive than LWR and not even in the same ballpark as far as appearance. I would recommend this location ten times over!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/23/2014

Beautiful venue. Professional staff. Great food. Loved my venue!!!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Michele · Married on 04/05/2014

Our wedding at the Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club was beautiful. The venue, food, decor and staff was exceptional. Working with Rachel was a pleasure, she was always available to answer questions and guide us through the entire process. Everyone was telling us how great the food was and how beautiful everything turned out to be. I highly recommend this venue to couples looking for an elegant venue to hold their wedding.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Lisa · Married on 03/29/2014

The venue is beautiful and perfect for a wedding. But more importantly Rachel Peace, our event planner was the best. Anything we wanted she made it happen and any requests she fixed it ASAP! Even when it rained she moved our event inside and it turned out even better! So don't worry about weather if you plan your ceremony outside because regardless this venue is still great inside or out. Thank you Rachel for making our evening the best ever!!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Melissa · Married on 01/19/2014

Beautiful wedding venue! I recommend anyone looking for a wedding venue make an appointment with them. The service is amazing, the food was great and they are so willing to help in anyway they can.

Sent on 01/21/2014

sara · Married on 01/04/2014

Most beautiful wedding venue. Fantastic pictures can be taken here. Jennifer is amazing and very organized. Our wedding ran very smoothly and the food was delicious.

Sent on 01/31/2014

Sarah · Married on 12/28/2013

The moment my fiancé and I drove up to lakewood ranch golf and country club we immediately knew that this was our venue. Not only are the building and grounds perfectly manicured but the staff is so friendly! Jennifer and Rachel were absolutely phenomenal and were so willing to go above and beyond to help make our day everything we wanted it to be and more. On the day of Rachel and the staff exceeded our expectations; our guests cannot stop talking about how friendly everyone was, the fantastic food, the effortless flow of the day, and the beauty that they managed to capture. We are so grateful to everyone that helped make our day so wonderful, we wish we could get married there every weekend!

Sent on 01/07/2014

I had my wedding here and it was so beautiful. Our guest loved the place and it made for really great pictures. The staff was really friendly and the event planners were awesome!!! The food was amazing and the cocktails were perfect. Our wedding was beautiful so happy we picked this country club for our special day!!!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/22/2013

Beautiful venue for weddings and reception. Couldn't have picked a better place.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club was the absolute best decision I made for my wedding. Jennifer assisted me from day one and made the wedding my dream. She was very informative, offering suggestions, advice, vendor referrals, and even money saving tips. The food was amazing. All of our guests were ranting about how delicious the filet and chicken were. It exceeded my expectations for "wedding food". It literally tasted like a high end steak house. The venue was breathless. The spiral staircase was the grand entrance I was looking for. The ballroom itself was gorgeous. It is very classy and well decorated. They had a wonderful selection of alcohol packages to choose from and the bartender was extremely interactive with our guests. Overall I would recommend this venue to any bride. I look back and know that because of Jennifer's expertise and the venue itself, I had a wedding that my guests will talk about for many years.

Sent on 11/21/2013

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2012

Our wedding was on October 20, 2012 at Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club. We had our ceremony and reception there. It was the most perfect and amazing day. We worked with Kelly Kennedy at Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club. She was a wonderful wedding coordinator. She made sure everything was perfect and she made our day run very smoothly. Everyone had an amazing time at our venue and they loved the food. One of my most favorite aspects of being married at Lakewood Ranch was walking down the stairs and then the aisle. Everyone thought it was so beautiful as I walked down the stairs outside that lead down to the aisle and I met my dad halfway down the stairs. It was definitely the "Wow" factor. The ballroom looked so amazing with the purple lighting. Kelly did a wonderful job working with us through the wedding planning and on the big day. She also worked so well with our wedding party and vendors. We couldn't have picked a more perfect place for our wedding. Everyone keeps talking about how beautiful and perfect it was. I would highly recommend Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club as a wedding venue to choose for people who are looking! Here is a link to our wedding dvd trailer from our Videographer Ian from Movie Magic Productions (another amazing vendor to use). This video will show you more about how beautiful and perfect our day was at Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club! http://vimeo.com/52383483 Lauren and Chris Riccio

Sent on 01/17/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/09/2012

Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club was my dream venue. The Country Club, the ballroom, and the grounds are beyond beautiful. Our ceremony was located behind the country club on lush green grass right in front of a group of palms trees that overlooks a lake. I walked down a large winding stair case for the ceremony. It was such a beautiful entrance. The ballroom is equally as beautiful. I had many guests come up to me and tell me that their dinner was the best dinner they have ever had at a wedding! I cannot begin to say enough about Kelly Kennedy, she is the catering sales manager/event coordinator for LWR. She was so sweet, helpful, and professional. During wedding planning she was very organized and quick to respond to any question that I came across. On our actual wedding day we were blown away by how smoothly everything ran. Kelly made sure that everything was under control. Kelly and the Lakewood Ranch staff are truly amazing at what they do and I would 100% recommend using Lakewood Ranch as your wedding venue!

Sent on 07/09/2012