Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club Reviews

64 Reviews for Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club

• Alexandra

Alexandra L. · Married on 04/16/2021

Hayley & Lakewood Ranch GCC- Truly Exceptional

Where to even begin?! Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club made all of our wedding dreams come to LIFE. With Hayley as our Captain at the helm throughout our entire journey, my husband and I experienced the most unforgettable day of our lives with every detail more beautiful than the next. Firstly, the absolutely stunning venue: we each had Bridal and Groom suites to get ready with our loved ones on the day of, and the entire property was meticulously breathtaking inside and out, from the ceremony grounds, cocktail hour, ballroom reception, photo/video backdrops, everything was an elegant fairytale. Secondly, the food and beverage was phenomenal. From appetizers to meals, Chef did the most incredible job, all 168 guests raved from beginning to end...and even in the beginning of our planning, he sat with us to convey the quality of food, care, service, EVERYTHING. We were so impressed and touched.
    Thirdly, and most importantly, the team, the people, the very foundation of the Club - we owe it all to them, from servers, to dining managers, bartenders and most of all HAYLEY- there's not enough characters to convey our immense gratitude and love. We were absolutely blown away by Hayley, in every part of our wedding journey, from planning to execution, she went above and BEYOND to not only bring our vision to life, but add, and ask additional questions, provide her depth of experience and attention to detail to make sure every little part of our wedding day was truly perfect. Even if you are the most organized person and think you have it all sorted, no matter what, there will be details you forget in the rush of things, and Hayley, knowing this, was our superhero who guided and supported us throughout, always two steps ahead with the biggest smile on her face. Hayley not just professionally, but personally, was a dream. Her passion, warmth, genuine excitement and fun loving attitude shone through every step of the way. They say a picture says a thousand words, and this photo captured during our last dance, says it all. We brought Hayley into a huddled hug, a moment of intimacy and the purest celebration- you can see the joy and bond. Honestly, Hayley is the wedding planner turned best friend of your dreams- and the entire family of Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club will forever hold the most special place in our hearts.

P.S. special shout out to Meghan and Holly for all their support as well, from pre-ceremony support to continuously checking in with us, family and friends throughout the reception, and even afterwards, when coming back to the venue to pick up our belongings, they made sure everything went off without a hitch. We cannot say THANK YOU enough!

Sent on 04/21/2021
  • Jennifer

Jennifer B. · Married on 03/13/2021

Fairytale Day!

I absolutely LOVED this venue. I have passed down the recommendation to several other brides as well. The service is wonderful, the staff is amazing, incredible food, and a spiral staircase, (I mean come on). I will say the most amazing part of the whole experience was Hayley the coordinator. She went above and beyond for me being a Covid bride and I felt so at ease with everything knowing she had my back.

Sent on 05/06/2021
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 02/28/2021

Amazing venue with wonderful staff

Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club was the perfect place to have our wedding! The venue is gorgeous and the staff is the most professional group of people. Hayley was the absolute best and made sure our entire day ran smoothly. I would pick this venue just for Hayley alone, she is the best wedding planner and pays attention to all the details! I couldn’t have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 03/28/2021

Stephanie Z. · Married on 02/20/2021

Fantastic Venue!

This was a beautiful location to hold our rehearsal dinner (wine room), wedding ceremony (lawn), cocktail hour (patio), and reception (ballroom). The staff is so professional and accommodating, particularly as our expected guest count changed due to COVID. Even with a change in coordinator part way through planning, the transition was seamless and the planning made easy. They were so easy for our band, florist, and string trio to work with, and parking is convenient for guests. They truly went above and beyond to make our day run smoothly. Our food selections received rave reviews as well. We looked at numerous venues including the Ritz Carleton in Sarasota, the Vinoy in St. Pete, and several resorts in Clearwater, and all were significantly more expensive without greater value. With such a high quality venue and excellent service at the Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club, I don’t think we could have had a more beautiful wedding elsewhere. My husband, family, and I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 04/28/2021
  • Darby

Darby · Married on 01/15/2021

Best Elegant Wedding Venue

I cannot say enough about Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club. We used their ballroom for our wedding reception and it was the absolute perfect place to celebrate our marriage! I was able to have use of the venue all day from getting ready early in the morning with my bridal party until our reception ended. All of the meetings and food tastings were very professional. I wanted a mix of elegance but a place where we could enjoy the party and they exceeded my expectations! The Ivy Tunnel was also an area I knew would embody the elegance of this venue. I could not have asked for a better venue or staff! We also had our rehearsal dinner in the wine room and I am so grateful we were able to use that space!

Sent on 02/26/2021
  • Brenee

Brenee F. · Married on 01/08/2021

Great - highly recommend

Everything was great ! I didn’t have to worry about a thing the day of which I was so thankful for. I could just relax and enjoy every moment. My only complaint which isn’t really a complaint but when I arrived that morning I went through a different gate and the guard was so rude and inappropriate and I explained I am the bride !! Even though he had to open the gate he yelled at us to turnaround. I also live in a gated community so I did the respectful thing and turned around to go way out of the way to the venue, taking time away from relishing in the moment with my girls. When I arrived at the venue they told me the gate would be open to the public in a matter of only 5 minutes !!!! I was appalled. That guard needs to relax and be communicated to when there is a wedding that there may be guest arriving early that day. As you can see this is the one thing I remember vividly because it was such a negative reaction and the only time I felt stress that day trying to make it on time for my MOH to get her makeup done. Otherwise I would definitely recommend the venue, that guard just needs to be “talked to.” Sinead and Hayley were phenomenal!

Sent on 02/25/2021

Brianna K. · Married on 11/07/2020

11/28 Wedding

I cannot say enough good things about Lakewood Ranch and our wedding coordinator Hayley. Everything went smoothly! Hayley was very organized, had the whole event timed out and made sure we stayed on track. She helped make our vision come to life. We couldn’t ask for a better venue and are extremely happy with how our wedding turned out.

Sent on 12/29/2020
  • MariaFrost

Maria F. · Married on 10/09/2020

Beautiful venue!

My parents belong to the club and while my husband and I live in Chicago we knew Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club would be the best choice for us. It is a beautiful venue and the staff there are so helpful. Sinead was a miracle worker as we had to move our wedding a couple times due to COVID. She was very responsive and took the time to always meet with me when I would fly in. Thank you for everything LWRGCC!

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Christina · Married on 02/16/2020

Perfect wedding venue!

Sinead and Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club was our PERFECT wedding venue. From the moment we stepped in to the Country Club and met with Sinead for the first time, throughout the entire planning process and up until the very end of our wedding night everything went smoothly. Sinead was always available to answer questions or provide guidance. On our wedding day, our guests could not stop complimenting how amazing of a venue it is. Our dream wedding came true, VERY PLEASED!!

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Jonathan

Jonathan P. · Married on 01/12/2020

Review from a Wedding Photography/Videographer

I love when I get booked to shoot photo or video at this venue! The staff is very helpful and my couple truly had a wonderful wedding! They are very thoughtful and caring to their vendors as well, which helps so much! See the link below for a wedding film from the venue!

Wedding film: https://youtu.be/NeHrZ_O3ZO8
    Website: https://lensculturephotography.com/

Sent on 01/12/2021

Kim G. · Married on 12/28/2019

Great Venue

It was a beautiful venue. It was as nice as the Ritz Carlton without the Ritz price. Hayley, the event coordinator, was a pleasure to work with and she made sure all the small details were complete. The food was great and the whole experience made my daughters wedding a day she will always cherish!

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing Venue!!

I am so glad we chose Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club. The outside space was perfect for the ceremony. So peaceful with the water fountain. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was. The girl’s getting ready room was perfect for getting ready on our wedding day. It was so spacious so everyone could get their hair & makeup done. Sinead (event coordinator) was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was so helpful, organized, and responsive. I don’t think we could have done it without her!! I can not thank Sinead and all of the staff enough. Our day was absolutely perfect and amazing!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Tammy

Tammy · Married on 09/01/2019

August Wedding 2019

This venue is amazing and the staff and wedding coordinator, Hayley Muzzillo, were outstanding. Hayley was so great, we met with her a number of times, she was patient and helpful, made great suggestions when we needed direction. As the mother of the bride, for the first time, I was so incredibly grateful for her experience and professionalism. I had so many of our friends and family comment on the how good the food was and the beauty of the venue. I really can't say enough...its definitely worth the $$.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica M. · Married on 08/03/2019

5 Star Service! Beautiful Day!

It’s hard to put into works how amazing Sinead and the staff at Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club were. Our wedding was last week and we are still smiling and guests are still raving about how amazing our venue was! Sinead went above and beyond in every aspect. There was an issue with my cake and she had it fixed before I even knew anything was wrong. She understood my vision and helped execute everything the day of so I didn’t have to worry about anything! The food was incredible and the sneak peeks of our pictures are amazing. If you want to feel special on your big day and have a team that feels more like a friend than a vendor then look no further!

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin M. · Married on 08/02/2019

Amazing!

This was my dream wedding venue. I almost didn't look at it too because I was worried it was out of my price range, which was definitely not the case especially if you're willing to get married in the Summer or on a Friday or Sunday. Every part of the venue and the grounds is beautiful and kept exquisitely clean. Working with their coordinator Hayley was just icing on the cake. Her services come with the price of the venue and are outstanding. I didn't have to do anything the day of, and if I did have any concerns leading up to my wedding day or on the day of, she took them seriously and addressed them right away. Their food is also outstanding! Our guests were raving about it for weeks after our wedding. Hayley and the rest of the team at Lakewood Ranch made the most important day of our lives so special. Something we will never forget for the rest of our lives. Don't hesitate to book this venue for your wedding. You won't regret it!!!!

Photo Credit: Darryl and Heather Photography

Sent on 08/16/2019

Jordan O. · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing Experience

Our invite list was 235, which made it difficult to find a venue in Sarasota that was big enough, indoors, and still gave us a romantic vibe that we wanted. LWRGCC was the perfect venue for that. The ballroom is elegant but can easily be transformed into a space that feels like your own. I loved having the balcony for sunset and as an added space for guests to enjoy themselves. They also have a bridal suite and a space on a different floor for the guys to get ready. Hayley and her team were absolutely fantastic! Very organized, responsive, friendly, and professional. They had someone just for my husband and I to make sure that we had drinks, food, and whatever else we wanted! The food was amazing and the everyone raved about it! I would highly recommend this venue!
    Photo Credit: Dewitt for Love Photography

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Jillaina

Jillaina M. · Married on 05/11/2019

Fantastic!

The venue is stunning, and our wedding coordinator, Hayley, was amazing! They were very accommodating to our silly ideas, and worked with us to make our special day perfect!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Lacy · Married on 03/30/2019

Wedding in April

Lakewood Ranch hosted our wedding in April, and it was absolutely a dream come true!! They are amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Sarah R. · Married on 03/09/2019

Wedding Day Bliss!

Fantastic venue, wonderful staff... Truly memorable experience from start to finish and my wedding day was perfect thanks to this amazing team!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Natalie · Married on 07/07/2018

Our wedding was PERFECT. Hayley was incredibly patient and extremely helpful in planning our wedding and she was phenomenal on the wedding day. She worked with all of our vendors so that we didn't have to worry about our cake and flowers and DJ and photographer all being where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. The F&B director was phenomenal - he was born to be in the hospitality industry. He noticed my grandmother uses a cane and without any prompting walked her from her table to the buffet and carried her plate the entire way while she selected her dishes and walked her back to the table. That is something that you can't teach - you have to be born with that generosity. It just made us that much happier to have selected Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club for our wedding! Not to mention the beauty of the club and golf course. I would highly recommend to anyone in the area!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club's reply:

Natalie,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was our absolute pleasure working with you and your family in planning your special day! It was a beautiful reception and we all loved having you and your family and friends at our venue to celebrate your love! We are very lucky to have our Banquet Manager, James, as a part of our team! He goes above and beyond to ensure all of our events run smoothly and according to plan.

Thank you again to you and Sebastian for choosing Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club to celebrate your wedding day!

Rose · Married on 10/14/2017

LWRCG was perfect for our wedding! We worked with Rachel and she so great to work with!! We book LWRCC over a year before our wedding and I kept Rachels inbox full of questions and ideas to add to our wedding. She was more than a coordinator for our wedding, she did so so much and we can't thank her enough. The service at the club was beyond amazing. Everyone was very nice and personable and did everything they could to help us. The room for the girls to get ready in was great. My dress was a secrete because I wanted that wow moment for pictures from my girls, and I got it! So the set-up was great. The food was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The new chef is incredible. He came out when we were doing our tasting and answered all of our questions and helped design the menu for our rehearsal, which we did at the club as well. We did Filet and the Champagne Chive Chicken. Both were so good and everyone complemented on the food. One guest I know preferred her steak more well done but didn't want to wait for them to cook it more, so they brought her chicken instead. Rachel kept us on our timeline and made sure everything was handled! She even bustled my dress several times when it popped! She was an angel! The ceremony location was beautiful. I was worried about the fountain being noisy, but with the microphone, you couldn't even hear it. Walking down the stairs was exciting, especially since it was really windy and my cathedral length veil went flying in front of me, it's okay it created dramatic photos I was going for ;) Rachel and Hayley tag team to make sure the timing of everything is flawless as well. We rented the cocktail hour downstairs and it was definitely worth it. I wanted our guests to be wowed when they walked in for the first time and not be peaking in through the windows upstairs plus I was worried our guests warm. We loved our wedding at LWRCC and would use LWRCC again! BEST VENUE!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Anna · Married on 10/07/2017

Lakewood Ranch Country Club was absolutely perfect for us! Rachel was there every step of the way to help us with our planning process! Her and her team were on top of every aspect of our wedding! We did have a rainy day, but Rachel was all over keeping us informed of our options and when the call was made to have the ceremony moved, they made it happen quickly! Our reception was gorgeous and the food was AMAZING! If you have the opportunity to have a wedding at Lakewood Ranch CC you will not be disappointed! Thank you Rachel and your team for all that you did to make our day so perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Ryan · Married on 08/06/2017

Can't say enough great things about both the venue and Haley! Everyone raved about the food! We did the pasta station and the Prime Rib station and it blew people away. Our cocktail hour was supposed to be outside but it starting pouring rain and Haley took care of everything and our cocktail hour performer and moved them to an even better location. Can't recommend enough!!!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Meralys · Married on 04/23/2016

Rachel, the day of coordinator, was amazing throughout the entire process. She is a lifesaver. Everything turned out pefect because of her. She went above & beyond to make sure I was happy. My husband & I are glad we chose such a beautiful venue. Thank you Rachel for everything!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Rachel and the staff at Lakewood Ranch Country Club are the best around! This was our first venue we looked at for our wedding and we instantly fell in love with it. The club's grounds offer a beautiful setting for pictures, the ballroom is absolutely gorgeous with a balcony over looking the grounds, and the bridal suite makes for a perfect getting ready room. From start to finish, Rachel provided great communication and we new we were in great hands. The night of our wedding went perfectly and I truly believe it was because we had the best vendors in town and because we decided to have our reception at the country club. And to top it off our guests raved about how delicious the food was! I am so grateful for all of the wonderful work Rachel and the staff at the country club provided! It truly was the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 04/25/2016