46 Reviews for Lake Tahoe DJ

Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
One Event Per Day (1)
46 Lake Tahoe DJ Reviews

Dylan Thomas was the DJ for our wedding and we couldn't have been more satisfied with his work and professionalism. It was extremely hard for my husband and I to chose a DJ for our big day since we are both in the music industry and both dj ourselves, but not only did Dylan cater exactly to our very eclectic music needs but he was so kind to make a million last minute changes the week leading up to our wedding, and even changes and additions 5 minutes before our reception. He handled everything so well even under so much pressure. Dylan is great at his craft and his flexibility was much appreciated. He made our big day very special!! I would highly recommend him!!!

Profile Picture Mariana, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan kept the dance party going until almost midnight in Edgewood’s South Room. He’s a preferred vendor there and I can see why. He was extremely professional and great at playing the right songs at the right moment. I was the most nervous about hiring my DJ from out of state, but Ryan definitely delivered.

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 8/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting
4.7

Dylan was the DJ for my wedding at Gatekeepers Museum in Tahoe City, CA. In a nutshell, he was FABULOUS! Our ceremony and reception were outdoors so we were a little nervous about sound quality, but Dylan made sure everything was perfect. He was easy to work with right from the start. He provided us a list of suggested songs and a ceremony and reception planner. He was very organized and kept us on track the entire night. We provided a list of songs to Dylan that we definitely wanted played and he filled in the rest. The number 1 compliment I get from my guests about the wedding was how great the DJ was. It was the BEST day and BEST dance party ever. I HIGHLY recommend choosing Dylan for your event!

Profile Picture Ashly, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Ryan was wonderful! He's a true professional: detailed, timely, and on top of everything! We loved how planned out he was and creative with his music choices. He's also very fun and did a great job keeping our small wedding going until 11 pm. He is very popular, so please secure your spot as early as possible, we scooped him up 8 months before our wedding after he was highly recommended by our wedding venue.

Profile Picture D, 6/3/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I loved working with Ryan! He was responsive, receptive to our requests and flexible. He kept the party going and his laid back attitude were more than appreciated on the wedding day. I would definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture jessica, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Ryan was the DJ for our 10/7/17 GarWoods wedding and made the entire process easy and managed the timing of our day brilliantly. He was flexible with getting our hora together at the last minute to accommodate the photographer, and kept the party going all night long. He fulfilled our requests to keep the wedding very "us" and did so with zero stress on our parts. We had a long list of requests and got most of them by the end of the night. I don't think you can go wrong with Ryan behind the table at your event!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dylan Thomas with Lake Tahoe DJ did a phenomenal job at our wedding. Over just a few timely emails we were able to coordinate all the music without problems. We had several specific requests with songs starting a specific times and other independent artists but Dylan nailed the timing and did not skip a beat. He was very professional and open to all of our ideas. Thank you Lake Tahoe DJ for doing such a great job and helping us create a beautiful wedding day for our family and friends.

Profile Picture Colin, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan was absolutely wonderful to work with and did an amazing job for our wedding ceremony and reception in June. He sent comprehensive paperwork so we could outline our chosen songs for our wedding processionals, entrance, first dances, cake cutting, etc. He also gives the option to designate must/do not play songs to make sure he has all of your chosen songs in his library.

Day-of, Ryan took all of the stress off of us and helped keep our timeline moving smoothly. And when we got to the dance party, he played three hours of solid gold that kept the dance floor COMPLETELY PACKED until we had to shut the party down. A month later, we STILL have guests raving about that dance party... It was one for the books!

10/10 would ABSOLUTELY recommend to anyone looking for a DJ for their event! Courteous, professional, friendly, and a TOTAL pro. Thanks, Ryan!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Ryan was our DJ for our wedding reception on 6/3/17 and we are SO happy we booked him. We gave him a challenge - mix Bosnian music with American songs to keep the dance floor flowing - and he nailed it! We received many compliments on "the DJ" from our guests and are happy we chose Ryan for our big day.

Profile Picture Djana, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC
3.4

Planning a Tahoe destination wedding, I based a lot of my vendor decisions on these reviews so I’m going spell out some of my likes and dislikes here in hopes that it helps someone else along the way. First off, Im giving DJ Ryan Palmer 3.4 stars because I was unhappy with the process leading up to the wedding day. I’d have given less stars for the process leading up and more stars for how the night actually went. We have a great group of family and friends who love a good dance party and that being said, we had a fabulous night. As for the process, the music selection and timeline was still haunting me up to the day before the wedding and I’d never expected the DJ to be something that was causing us stress! We had been saving a playlist off Apple Music and I sent the screen shots to Ryan so that he could get a feel for our taste. He then asked that instead of screen shots, that I type out my entire list (which he already had the photo of). My biggest upset came when he didn’t have the ceremony music we wanted to use. He gave me a few solutions of how to get him the music, unfortunately we tried converting files based on his needs (the music isn’t obscure and is on iTunes) but couldn’t get anything to work. Finally, the day before the wedding I asked him to simply buy the album. He did and then charged me the $7.99 which I thought was slightly ridiculous considering that he’s a DJ and having the music we request is part of the gig… and it was 8 dollars. That gave me a sour taste leading into the wedding day, but all went off without a hitch and we had a great night. Again, process and professionalism was lacking but the music and flow of the wedding itself was great.

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

We went through Lake Tahoe DJ, and had Dylan for our ceremony and reception DJ. Dylan was super responsive through email and great to chat with over the phone a couple times. He was awesome, we are super picky about wedding music (and music in general) we created a playlist for our reception and Dylan did a great job playing from that and everyone had a great time on the dance floor! There were no awkward mishaps from announcing names or sticking to our timeline. He had everything on point. We loved having Dylan as our DJ!

Profile Picture Kristiana, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

If he's available, book him!! Ryan DJ'd our wedding at Heavenly Lakeview Lodge in September. He was extremely organized in that he had worksheets for us to fill out with song recommendations. We requested a song that we found from youtube and Ryan had no problem playing that for our processional and recessional song and it sounded great! He nailed the song choices during dinner and cocktail hour to set the correct mood. During the dance party, people couldn't leave the dance floor! I had people tell me they'd never dance that much in their life or they were so tired of dancing but couldn't stop because the music was too good! I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Jenni, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan was amazing for our Lake Tahoe wedding. We arranged everything with him over email and Skype, and met him on our wedding day. At first this made me a little nervous but I quickly realized I was in professional hands and he would make sure everything went smoothly. He sent us a wealth of material that helped us select our songs, decide what musical events we wanted in our wedding/reception, and had us list out the timing. We then went over this list over Skype so we were all on the same page. On the day-of he coordinate with the officiant regarding the mic. Highly recommend!! You will be in good hands and not have to worry about anything.

Profile Picture User7189277, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Having Ryan as the DJ/MC for our wedding was the best decision we made!! Not only did Ryan keep the partying going and the dance floor full all night long, he went above and beyond acting as a coordinator and kept us on schedule with our timeline the entire night. Everyone loved him and weeks following our wedding, our family and friends are still continuing to rave about what an awesome DJ & MC Ryan was. I honestly do not know how our wedding would have gone so smoothly without him and we are so so grateful that he was the DJ for our wedding!

Profile Picture Diane, 5/26/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan Palmer with Lake Tahoe DJ was even better than I would have dreamed! He played awesome music and kept all of our guests dancing until the bitter end. He took all of our music tastes and blended them in very well throughout the night. I highly recommend that anyone hiring Ryan also has him do the music for the ceremony too. His timing was impeccable and everything turned out great!

Profile Picture Dondra, 10/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Well worth the money. Especially for those without wedding planners. Played the right music and even the most discerning of guests complimented the selection. Thanks Dylan!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/26/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan really is the best at what he does. We had so many of our guests come up and tell us how awesome the music selection was. He is a great announcer/MC as well. He flowed with the changes during our night, was a breeze to work with, and made everything easy as can be day-of. Highly, highly recommend Ryan/Lake Tahoe DJ.

Profile Picture Kyle, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Ryan, from Lake Tahoe DJ and he was nothing short of amazing! We only met with him one time, but that was all we needed. His attention to detail, flexibility/communication throughout the planning process and laid back attitude was really wonderful, which in turn made us stress out about one less thing in the wedding planning process. He was punctual, dressed appropriate for the setting and had everything set up just as we discussed. As we transitioned from ceremony to reception, everything was right on schedule, and we never missed a beat. Once the party/dancing started, everyone was on the dance floor until the lights came on (no one wanted to leave)! I have had several of my friends and family come to us and say that this was one of the best weddings they have ever been to, and a large part of the credit goes to Ryan and his services. We would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone! Thank you for making our day great Ryan!

Profile Picture Devin, 8/9/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ryan did an amazing job for both the ceremony and reception. He was very responsive to our requests, managed to stay on top of our selections for the ceremony and the timing of each, worked with our soloist to provide the perfect accompaniment, and did a great job despite the wind for the ceremony. The reception rocked! Ryan read the crowd and kept the party going! We had an absolutely wonderful time and so did our guests!

Profile Picture Doris, 7/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so happy with Ryan's DJ services at our wedding. He was super friendly, flexible and accommodating and we love that he really stuck to our 'preferred songs' and 'no play' lists. With his DJing and MCing the wedding went off without a hitch!

Profile Picture Kim, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Very easy to work with and amenable to last minute changes and helped things flow throughout the night.

Profile Picture User3756777, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so happy we chose Lake Tahoe DJ for our wedding! Our DJ, Dylan Thomas, was wonderful. He was personable, he helped us select music for the ceremony, the different dances, the dinner, and the dancing. He also offered suggestions for song selections when we didn't know what to choose. He was flexible when it ended up raining unexpectedly, and we had to move the ceremony to a different place on site. He also got a great vibe of the crowd, to ensure the dancefloor was packed! Thank you Dylan, you made our wedding so fun!

Profile Picture User4222555, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

These guys are amazing! We worked with Dylan. He was super friendly and professional, he's got a great set-up. Dylan created a great ambiance during dinner and he got the party started and kept it going until end of night. Thanks for an amazing experience. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Irina, 9/6/14, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ryan Palmer is Awesome! He's organized, professional, fun and he did an excellent job at our wedding. We honestly couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He kept the wedding on schedule, communicated with us the whole time and made sure everyone had a blast. He's positive, upbeat and has a great personality. He played every song we requested and did everything he said he would do. For those of you looking for a DJ in this area, you can't go wrong by choosing Ryan. Thank you Ryan for the incredible job you did!

Profile Picture Erika, 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We just had our wedding up at High Camp in Squaw Valley and Ryan was our DJ. All along the process he was so responsive and organized. I love that! He helped me organize the entire ceremony and reception to ensure it flowed smoothly. Also, his music style was perfect. He knew how to adapt to the crowd depending on the mood. The cocktail hour was perfect with great dinner music then it came to dancing. I don't think I ever sat down! It was perfect because we had a lot of teenagers out there instead of the older folks so he knew exactly what to play to keep them dancing. I would highly recommend Ryan!!! Great DJ and memorable night.

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/25/14, 2 Reviews