Lake Shore Village Resort Reviews

8 | Weare, NH

8 Reviews for Lake Shore Village Resort

Kristin Walsh · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Amazing Venue and People!

We had our wedding at Lake Shore Village Resort on May 25, 2019 and we can not say enough great things about this venue. First off, the location is absolutely stunning. All our guests had a fun time staying in the cabins and enjoying the lake activities. Susan, the wedding coordinator was amazing. She was always so quick to respond to us, gave us advice and suggestions if we asked, was positive and always excited for us. The weekend of our wedding, she worked so hard and did an amazing job. We were able to enjoy the resort which was really nice. She had everything taken care of. Everyone at LSVR including the owners, assistants, etc. were pleasant to interact with. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Heather · Married on 08/25/2018

Lake Shore Village Resort was the perfect wedding venue. We got married 8/25/18 and couldn't say enough good things about everyone there. We knew we would love our wedding there, but the day of turned out to be more than we could have ever imagined. Susan was so wonderful to work with, she responded quick and had awesome ideas. She knew exactly what I had pictured our tent to look like, and it turned out gorgeous. All of our guests were blown away with how awesome LSVR was- no one wanted to leave on Sunday! We picked LSVR for the 3 day event type wedding, and it was more than we could have ever wanted. We are so happy they helped us plan the most PERFECT wedding :)

Sent on 09/11/2018

Andrew · Married on 08/26/2017

I can't say enough about LSVR and their team. I recently had my wedding here and it was beyond perfect. Everything worked out flawlessly and it was even better than I had imagined. Erika was great in helping us plan throughout the year and make sure we were on top of everything. Almost every question we asked, she had a quick and easy answer for. They were able to accommodate everything we wanted. Michael, Erika, and team were so helpful over the wedding weekend. My wife and I were able to just enjoy the party and not worry about all the details. Not to mention, it is an absolutely stunning venue that we hope to go back to for vacations!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Katie · Married on 06/24/2017

If you want to have a perfect New Hampshire wedding right on the lake, have your guests enjoy themselves for the entire weekend, and work with wonderful staff, look no further! We had our dream wedding at LSVR and couldn't be happier that we found this gem- our guests are still raving about what a magical spot this is! About 125 of our wedding guests stayed on-site for the whole weekend in LSVR's beautiful "cabins" - updated lakefront homes with full kitchens, bathrooms, multiple bedrooms, air conditioning, decks, and grills. We loved not having to worry about renting buses for transportation or have the fear that guests would drive after drinking. On Friday evening we had a large welcome dinner that we opened up to all of our wedding guests and we had a big breakfast on Saturday morning for everyone cooked up by LSVR staff. My bridesmaids and I got ready in Pineview, LSVR's largest and newest home at the top of the hill- so beautiful! We got married on LSVR's private beach under an arbor with the lake right behind us. The reception tent was gorgeous and Erika (LSVR's full-time wedding coordinator) did such a beautiful job setting everything up! We had 164 guests at the wedding and there was plenty of room. Erika and Michael (LSVR owner) truly made us feel so special all weekend. I communicated with Erika nearly every day for almost 2 years and I couldn't be happier with her. She was incredibly helpful and answered all of my questions in record time! Of course we're biased, but we've never been to a wedding venue that tops LSVR. Why wouldn't you want all of your friends and family in one place for the entire weekend? We are extremely jealous of the next couple that gets to celebrate here all weekend long!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

Our wedding was last weekend, September 17th, at Lake Shore Village Resort. Everything about the venue, from location to the people we worked with, could not have been more perfect. Erika, the venue coordinator was absolutely spectacular. She was so friendly and completely accessible, and responded to my (MANY) emails/calls thoroughly and in no more than 24 hours. She made our weekend completely stress free, and I am unbelievably thankful for that.
    We had the venue for the entire weekend, and each day was absolutely perfect. We had our rehearsal on the beach and rehearsal dinner in a small tented area off of the beach on Friday night, followed by a bonfire on the beach. Saturday while I (the bride) and my party were in our ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL cabin getting ready, I was able to watch our family and friends playing on the beach, taking kayaks and paddle boards out and around the lake and just genuinely having a good time. Our ceremony was right on the beach, and the reception was underneath the very spacious tented area. Our guests were in awe of the beautiful view, as were we. Sunday following the wedding, there was a delicious pancake breakfast back under the smaller tent.
    LSVR exceeded our wedding dreams tenfold. It was breathtaking in every aspect and having the venue for the whole weekend meant we could enjoy it even longer!
    Thank you to everyone at LSVR for helping to make our day absolutely unforgettable and more perfect than we could ever have imagined!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Alyson · Married on 08/19/2017

My husband and I were married at LSVR on 8.19.17 and we haven't stopped talking about it since! Erika (the on-site wedding coordinator) was amazing. We communicated for over a year via e-mail/texts/phone calls and she was always kind and supportive. I met with her for ~1 hour (while I was busy doing 1,000 other things since my groom was down with a stomach bug!!) on Friday afternoon to go over "my vision". And on the day of, everything was exactly what I had imagined! She was honestly able to make my dream wedding a reality. Michael (the owner) was visible throughout the weekend and made sure that everything was running smoothly, we had everything we needed and that all of our guests were behaving. ;)

The only downside was that it was pouring the night of the rehearsal dinner. We were supposed to eat outside under the small tent, which was not an option that night so Michael/Erika were super flexible and allowed us to use the wedding tent to host our 100 guests. It was a great solution for all of us to spend the whole night together instead of in our individual cabins.

Speaking of the cabins-- they were gorgeous and came complete with AC, full kitchens, grills, linens, etc! My bridesmaids and I got ready in Pineview cabin and the groomsmen got ready in Lakeview (two of the largest cabins at LSVR). My other guests could not stop talking about how much they enjoyed staying all together and not having to worry about drinking and driving!

On Saturday, the rain had cleared and all of my guests were taking full advantage of all that LSVR had to offer-- swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, etc. but still had plenty of time to head up to change before the ceremony.

Honestly, it was a picture perfect day. I can't imagine a more beautiful place to get married... on a sandy beach, with waves lapping the shore, in front of your closest family and friends... it was a dream come true!

Book at LSVR-- you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Mary · Married on 05/18/2019

The absolute BEST.

I don't know where to begin. We fell in love with LSVR online but didn't think their availability was going to work for our desired wedding timeline. Somehow, miraculously, it did. And we are so thankful. We wanted an entire wedding weekend to share with friends and family (because it sure does FLY by) and LSVR could not have been more perfect. Their staff works so hard and were so genuine and passionate about what they do. Susan, their wedding coordinator, could not have been better. She helped every step of the way and made you feel like you were their only wedding couple. The grounds are gorgeous, the offerings incredible, the setting magical, the people so reliable. The weekend was a blast with kayaks, beach games, the pool, boats, Sunday breakfast, everything. LSVR is not an inexpensive venue so prepare for that... but they provide so much making it was worth every penny. The one criticism I have is that filling the cabins is pretty tricky (cabins must be booked for at least 2 nights and are organized/priced so you pay "per bed" but that sometimes includes a bunk bed which doesn't always work for adult guests) so just prepare to be patient with your guests as you work that out. We owe so much to LSVR and cannot wait to go back. If you want a special weekend with your most important people, LSVR is for you.

Sent on 06/08/2019

Lake Shore Village Resort's reply:

Thank you so much Mary and Jonathon! It was certainly a pleasure getting to know you both and so thankful for you deciding to host your very special weekend with us! We wish you happiness and love and hope you return for an anniversary get-away sometime.
    Susan and the LSVR Staff~

4.2
      3.0

Lake Shore Village Resort is a beautiful place to have a wedding. Our guests loved making a weekend out of it by renting cabins and enjoying the beautiful views during the fall season. One of our family members called the area a "hidden gem." Michael, the owner, is very nice and takes pride in keeping this location meticulously clean, presentable, and fun. The cabins are gorgeous, the site has an indoor pool, tennis court, basketball court, a pontoon boat for rent, motorboats, kayaks/canoes, and a fire pit on the beach. We had our rehearsal dinner catered at the site as well, and the rehearsal day was a beautiful day. The wedding coordinator, Emily, and her team did a wonderful job of setting up the day to make it memorable, stunning, and fun, despite the fact that it poured rain on our actual wedding day. The biggest downfall of the venue is that there is no bathroom facility close to the wedding tent area. We had to rent wedding porta-potties which were set up outside about 30 feet away from the wedding tent. In the pouring rain, this was the biggest complaint of our guests. If this site had a bathroom facility, it would be perfect. And I am sure when it is not pouring rain this is less of an issue. We also had some noticeable miscommunication with the actual reservation process with the cabins, which caused a little angst with a few of our guests. Overall though, it was the best place for us, as we loved the rustic feel and the beautifully lit, tented wedding facility and friendly staff.

Sent on 02/15/2015