Lake Placid DJ Services Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Emily
    Emily H. Married on 09/04/2021

The best DJ and MC!

We're so thrilled that we hired Lee to DJ our wedding! His style exactly fit our smaller, more laid-back wedding, and he easily rolled with all the last-minute requests we threw his way during the reception. The whole night felt easy and seamless thanks to his MCing, and our guests really enjoyed dancing to the music selection! Communication, clarity, and planning were all prompt and professional. Thank you so much, Lee!!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca L. Married on 08/27/2021

Book Lee Now

Let me be very clear about this- I did not want to hire a DJ because I am THAT picky with music and vibes. The biggest thing I cared about/looking forward to was breaking it down on the dance floor with my girls. Lee COMPLETELY exceeded our expectations. Not only did he see us through the pandemic (and did not capitalize on our postponement), he respectfully saw my husband and I through our entire day of timeline (ceremony, speeches, cake cutting). He played every single song we wanted (sports chants, spanish, hip hop, etc.), managed some electrical mishaps with our venue, and made sure our guests had the night of their lives. We broke two glasses, the dance floor came apart, and everyone needed to change for the after party because they were THAT sweaty from dancing. I was so nervous about booking all of our vendors (as Lake Placid was a destination wedding for us) but I can absolutely assure you Lee has your back no matter what. Book this man now for everything. He's a class act. Lastly, I will close with great thanks and a direct quote from a hotel guest the next day after our wedding "We heard you guys when we came in last night and it sounded like you were having a rave". Here's to Lee for giving us the wedding we always wanted!!!
  • Matthew
    Matthew L. Married on 08/27/2021

Amazing Experience

So happy with our decision to choose Lee. From understanding our music selection and vibe for each moment, executing the specific songs in the right moments, listening in to all of our asks along the way, and ensuring that the "production" elements of the event goes along as planned. My wife and I tend to enjoy our company too much at times, and Lee was great to respectfully redirect us to our thank you speech, our introductions, and all of our goal timelines that he fully understood and fulfilled. Without him, we would have lost track of our own goals for the evening and so, appreciate what he brought to the table for our wedding. I am very specific and critical of music as a lifelong lover of shows, events etc., if there is a cut or transition that feels drastic I can be deterred, I will say that Lee was able to get me out there, and keep me out there, my only breaks were to grab a drink, wipe sweat from my brow, and use the bathroom. Otherwise he had us breaking the dance floor (true story). My wife also enjoyed the music [see photo]
    Alyssa C. Married on 02/12/2020

A group pf people who didn't stop dancing!

Lee was absolutely amazing for our wedding day. He coordinated the music for our outdoor ceremony, and had our whole group of guests on the dancefloor all night long! He was so flexible with the music he played. Our group enjoys a wide variety of music and Lee was able to play a little bit of everything for everyone. Thank you for making our day so special. You were so wonderful to work with!
    Ben R. Married on 01/03/2020

Unforgettable Experience!

Lee helped turn our wedding day into a more beautiful, enjoyable, and memorable day than we could ever have imagined! He was completely professional and worked diligently behind the scenes with minimal effort from my wife or I during the day. We had a feeling, by choosing Lee, we would be provided the upmost first class service, and that was the absolute truth. Whether it was his ability to manage the receptions schedule of events or keep everyone dancing until the very end (and wanting more!!), Lee provided us with everything we could have hoped for. If you are having a wedding or any event, in or around this region, I would highly recommend Lake Placid DJ! You won't be disappointed!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica T. Married on 11/16/2019

Lake Placid DJ is Amazing!!

Lee was phenomenal to work with. He is super responsive. If I had any questions he got back to me that same day. He was extremely helpful in helping us pick out music for our ceremony and reception. Guests were on the dance floor the entire night. I had guests come up to me and tell me that was the most they had ever danced at a wedding. Lee is extremely professional; I cannot recommend him enough.
    Emma M. Married on 10/13/2019

Hire Lee or regret not doing it.

Lee was hands down the best DJ / whatever else we asked of him we could have asked for. He kept the fun times rolling, was incredibly easy going and professional, and is all around a good guy. I would recommend Lee to anyone.

10/10!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Hi Emma! Thanks so much for the great review. I'm glad to be labeled an around good guy, and I'm super glad your wedding was so fun! Congratulations again!
  • Shane
    Shane Married on 10/12/2019

True professional, understood what we were looking for and executed.

Lee was a true professional. He executed perfectly. We explained what we wanted; a full dance floor with some pre-chosen music choices, and not a lot of "emcee" requirements. He met with staff at the venue and really did everything on his own, to the point where he was the last thing we ever had to worry about. Lee was always ready when we had a request, or a last min change up. Could not endorse him more.

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Hey Shane! You certainly had some awesome dancers in your crowd, of all ages, with some great music choices. Thanks for the great review, and congratulations again!
  • Melissa
    Melissa C. Married on 09/28/2019

Lee is the best!!

Lee is the best!! Our crowd was small but he kept everyone dancing all night long---even my husband! Lee was incredibly personable and so much fun, my guests thought he was a member of the family! I highly recommend Lake Placid DJ for your next event! Thank you Lee for making our wedding so amazing and welcome to the family 

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Hey Melissa! Thanks for being such a great couple and for welcoming me into your family. Congratulations again and thanks for the kind words!
    Sharon L. Married on 09/21/2019

Lake Placid DJ was perfect

My daughters wedding was this past weekend and she had Lake Placid DJ at the ceremony and reception. Lee was extremely easy to work with, and very accommodating.

The bride wanted a very low-key relaxed wedding, and Lee made that happen. He helped the couple choose songs for the ceremony and played just the right background music for the reception.

He was extremely easy to work with and very personable at the wedding. We would definitely recommend him.

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Thanks so much, Sharon! I loved how laid back everyone was, and it was a beautiful evening. Thanks for including me!
  • Kazimiera
    Kazimiera Married on 09/19/2019

9/19/2019...first ever Thursday wedding! 😊

Lee was the absolute best! We had a very small wedding at the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort with about 60 guests and he kept our entire crowd dancing all night long. He was able to play a slideshow of family photos from throughout the years from both sides of the family (bride's and groom's) during the beginning of dinner and then went straight into the all night long dancing and song requests for our guests. Our wedding ceremony and reception could not have gone any more smoothly without the help of Lee Kyler. It was a beautiful day with some amazing people and I am so glad that Lee was there to help us celebrate our best day ever!! Five star recommendation! 😊 Love from the new Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas Zemlachenko!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Thursday weddings rock! You two had such a great night and I'm glad you had a perfect day. Congratulations again!
    Benjamin S. Married on 09/15/2019

Lake Placid DJ

Lee was phenomenal from start to finish. Professional the entire way through. Easy to reach and always got back to us quickly. Was able to interpret our vague wants and curated s perfect playlist for our wedding. Expanding on the artistry we gave gon to fill out the perfect evening. I don't think there was one song we didn't like or dance to. Would highly recommend!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Ben, thanks so much for your kind words. You two were so awesome, and INCREDIBLE dancers! I should hire you to come to every wedding with me. Congrats again!
    Nathalie R. Married on 09/14/2019

A wonderful DJ to work with - he goes above & beyond!

We had a somewhat unique experience with Lee, as our wedding was not in the Lake Placid area. We went to a wedding he DJ'd of our friends in Lake Placid, and when we had ours in New Jersey we reached out to him because we had so much fun at our friends' wedding. We weren't sure if he would agree to travel so far but he did (10 hours round trip, WOW), and we were so glad we got him!

Our wedding was far away, we were particular about our music, we took a looong time filling out his forms, and we had some odd requests for songs/entrances/extra speeches BUT Lee was fantastic with everything, super accommodating, and very prompt with his emails & professional.

We did not want to have one of those weddings where the songs are all blended together and there's lots of EDM/club type music - we felt very strongly about this! Lee played so many of the songs we requested (even the odd ones) and he also took requests from guests and put in his own picks so there was a good mix. It was exactly what we wanted in terms of music selection.

As an MC, he struck the perfect tone for us - he could get the party started but wasn't overly cheesy or showy. Everyone had a wonderful time at the wedding and there was lots of dancing! Before the wedding he also offered us great advice for logistics on speeches, entrances, etc.

As a nice bonus, Lee also brought some colorful dancing lights - this was not something we had discussed but I was so happy he brought it because it added something special to the dancing portion of the night!

Overall, my husband and I highly recommend Lee to anyone who wants to use him - he will do a fantastic job and go above & beyond for you!!!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Nathalie, thank you so much for your kind words. It was totally worth it to drive to New Jersey because your wedding rocked! The venue was just beautiful and everything was just perfect. I wish you both the best!
  • Kara
    Kara Married on 09/07/2019

Best DJ ever

We can’t say enough about how awesome Lee was to work with! We were introduced to him through my sister who works with Lee often in Lake Placid since they are both in the wedding/event biz. My sister and I both LOVE music so when she suggested Lake Placid DJ — I didn’t have to think twice, and I never regretted it once! We live in NH and got married on Big Moose Lake in the ADK. We worked back and forth with Lee via Google docs a couple of months leading up to the big day and it was very stress free. The day of the wedding I didn’t worry about any of the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, or reception because I knew he had it covered. He kept the pace of the evening going very smoothly — which is a huge feat with 200 guests at an outdoor wedding. He even went above and beyond while we were taking pictures during cocktail hour and announced names to help my photographer out and keep things moving along. Many of our guests didn’t even realize he was our DJ, they just thought he was a cool guest that was enjoying himself and helping out when needed. He’s super friendly, professional, and knows his stuff when it comes to DJing! Lee made our wedding day extra special, and we would definitely recommend hiring him for any event!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Hey Kara! Congratulations and thanks for including me - your reception was so easy going and fun, it didn't feel like work at all. I wish you guys the best and thanks for your kind words!
    Maggie S. Married on 09/01/2019

He's Awesome!

Lee was a great pick for our wedding in September! He really made the whole music portion of my planning much easier. He also did well to help keep the evening moving from ceremony to last call. He even got me a drink after we said our I dos!

Lee, thank you again from both of us!
    Hillary J. Married on 08/23/2019

Hire The Lake Placid DJ if you want a night to remember!

My husband I got married in Lake Placid this past weekend and during our DJ research, we came across Lee's name and his amazing reviews. From the minute we talked to him on the phone about what we were looking for, we knew he was the one for our wedding! His communication was great, he was super friendly and personable, and his sound system was amazing (in fact I received many compliments throughout the night about how great the music sounded)! He made sure he played all of our requests, enforced our do not plays, took requests from our guests, and had the crowd on the dance floor the entire night! He even snapped some pictures throughout the night which was an added bonus for us the next day since we hadn't seen any yet! In short, his reviews speak for themselves! If you want the best DJ for your wedding, do yourself a favor now and book Lee!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Hi Hillary! Thanks very much for your kind words! I remember you had a couple of family members that swooned over my Bose system. Congratulations again and best wishes!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 08/17/2019

Your DJ search is over

Lee was everything we wanted in a DJ and more. He will do the following things at your wedding:
    1. See your intense Spotify playlist and raise you an even better one
    2. Enforce your do not play list
    3. Take all your guests requests (unless they are on your do not play list)
    4. Conspire with your dad on a secret father-daughter dance song that will make you cry
    5. Bring your bridal party an entire glass of whiskey before the ceremony because the bar won’t give shots yet
    6. Keep your ceremony and reception perfectly on track without you even knowing
    7. Keep the party going
    8. Get compliments from all your guests
    9. Etc..

Hire The Lake Placid DJ !!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Hey Laura! Thanks for your great review! Your numbered list is awesome. In fairness, I did not have much say on #4, the father's of the bride have a way of forcing things. Also, #5 is a secret, shhh! Thanks again and congratulations!
  • Laura
    Laura S. Married on 08/17/2019

Lake placid dj is amazing!

Lake Placid DJ deserves way more than 5 stars! Hiring Lee was the best decision we made for our wedding!! He's extremely friendly, accommodating, and flexible. Upon hiring, he answered all my questions right away and even went above and beyond to provide babysitting recommendations for many of my guests. Lee is a class act who was very patient with my never-ending song requests. The dance floor was a hit because of him!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Hi Laura! Best decision, over pizza?! Thanks very much for your kind words and I am glad I was able to help beyond providing music. You and Dave were great to work with and I wish you the best!
  • Olivia
    Olivia D. Married on 07/19/2019

The most fun night EVER!

It's hard to put into words exactly how amazing Lee was. He works for you and with you to make everything run as seamlessly as possible. Between our offbeat music requests, last minute changes to the ceremony space, and the amount of crazy that happens during your wedding, Lee kept us on track and kept the whole event running smoothly IN ADDITION TO playing the best jams and dance numbers. We had so much fun dancing and watching our guests dance. THANK YOU!!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Hey Olivia! Thanks for your great review and thanks for one of the best summer weddings ever! You clearly put a ton of time into planning details and music and it paid off, and I am super glad to have been included. I wish you both the best!
  • Nick
    Nick Married on 07/13/2019

Lee is a great DJ! Professional, organized, fun, easy, and with very fair pricing. Recommended!

Lee DJ'd our wedding in July 2019 in Quechee, VT and my wife and I could not have been happier with his service. Lee is tasteful, organized, responsive to communication, fun, and adapted to our needs seamlessly.

During planning, Lee sent over some planning information and set up a shared online document for planning the day. He is a master at making sure no detail is overlooked, without overwhelming us with decisions. Everything just worked and was stress free and easy to plan with him.

On the day of, he was the first vendor to show up, ahead of schedule (despite traveling farther than anyone else). He quietly set up his equipment, kept the venue's day-of coordinator in the loop, and had everything ready to go. We had our 7 year old nephew do a short reading during the ceremony and Lee even accommodated that by setting up a short microphone stand for him to use. You truly appreciate things like this when you realize after the fact that you dropped the ball on it, but your DJ thought of everything and made it happen.

After cocktail hour, he took the initiative to round people up for reception introductions. He swiftly and clearly let everyone know how introductions would happen and where they need to be. These are the little things you don't go through at rehearsal, but thanks to Lee it all went smoothly!

During the reception Lee read the crowd extremely well and kept churning out song after song that kept people dancing, in good spirits, and having a great time. We had a short planning process and didn't give Lee a ton of direction in terms of a play list, but somehow he managed to hit things right ton the spot and play tons of our favorite bands/artists, and mixed in enough crowd favorites. A great mix of great music.

As an emcee. His announcements were perfect. He has presence and charisma, without ever being brash or obnoxious. The music was the perfect volume, and never overbearing loud, as I've experienced at some weddings. His equipment (Bose system) sounded great too.

Lee was just one of many moving parts in our wedding, but he was rock solid, reliable, professional, fun, and a master at his craft. His pricing was also extremely reasonable, especially given all the leg work he did, both before and on the day of the wedding.

Our VT wedding was a destination event for us, but I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone within his geographical reaches. Thanks Lee!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Hey Nick! Thanks for such a great detailed review. I was nervous traveling so far away but you guys were great and the venue was beautiful! Not to mention you had an ice cream truck at your wedding - incredible!
  • Nancy
    Nancy Married on 07/06/2019

Lake Placid DJ = Home Run!

Choosing Lee as our DJ was one of the best decisions we made for our day. He was so easy going and flexible and took the dance party up about 20 notches. Guests are still talking about how great he was and how great his music selection was. He read the crowd perfectly and got everyone up and moving. I must say all my worries about people not having fun were flushed down the drain the second Lee did his thing. Thank you for being you Lee and for making our day magical. - Nancy and Dave

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Nancy, thanks so much for your kind words! Everything about your day was high energy and I'm glad I was well rested to keep up! You and Dave are just such awesome people and you deserve all the best, thanks for including me in your day!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 06/29/2019

Truly Incredible!

Choosing Lake Placid DJ for our wedding at The Whiteface Lodge was absolutely one of the best decisions my husband and I made in the planning. Lee worked seamlessly with us to create the exact vibe that my husband (who is VERY picky) and I were looking for. He also did a fantastic job of guiding the wedding festivities so that the day flowed from the ceremony in one building, all the way to the last dance in the next. We even had a few extra speeches and a dress change to navigate and I never had to worry that it was going to all work out. It was nice to know that we could just enjoy the day because we had complete faith in him! And boy did we enjoy the day!! So much so that we extended the dancing for an extra hour! You will not regret your choice if you choose Lake Placid DJ!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Rachel, congratulations on such a great wedding! I worked hard to make sure I met your expectations because you two are just so awesome, and I am glad to hear I did! Thank you again and all the best!
  • Emily
    Emily S. Married on 06/29/2019

Incredible

Lee was easy to work with, knew just when to swoop in to ask questions throughout the night, and kept everyone happy and dancing! During our ceremony he helped as well and made it seem like something out of a movie. Seamless transitions, mic'd up our officiant perfectly... He even helped carry my dress when we went up to take rooftop pictures. A great experience for sure.

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Thanks, Emily! You were both so amazing and dancing was certainly the best. Congratulations again!
    Erica B. Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic Experience!

If you're having a wedding in the Adirondacks, Lake Placid DJ is the way to go! We had a fantastic experience working with Lee, beginning to end. He has an easy-to-use Google doc, so you can fill out song selections during the planning process and give him a feel for your type of music. The dance floor was packed during the entire reception - as he says, no cheesy gimmicks, just good music.

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Hey Erica! Thanks very much for your kind words. I am glad the Google timeline was helpful in the planning process. No cheesy gimmicks always works best! Congratulations again!
  • Curtis
    Curtis R. Married on 06/21/2019

Absolutely amazing! 100% a+

Our experience with Lake Placid DJ was AWESOME, START TO FINISH! Leading up to our big day, Lee took every opportunity to meet with us, both in person, and over the phone, sometimes on a daily basis, to make sure everything was set just the way we wanted it. Lee's attention to detail along with his flexibility, and humor certainly helped make our wedding night one of the best of our lives. Since our wedding we have received MANY compliments about our reception, specifically the music. One our cousins (8 years old) informed us, after about 3 hours of dancing, that his knees hurt, but that he just couldn't stop! Lee knows how to keep a crowd moving and engaged! With Lake Placid DJ, you wont have people leaving your wedding early. That is FOR SURE! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this service!

Lake Placid DJ Services's reply:

Curtis & Anna, congratulations! Hard to believe you're married because you still seem like young middle school cross-country athletes! Your wedding was so fun and I am glad to have been included!