Lake O' The Woods Plantation Reviews

1 User photo

Lake O' The Woods Plantation 1

Beth Kiernan · Married on 07/06/2019

Above and Beyond

We got so much more than we asked for, even paid for. The attention to details that I hadn't thought of were all taken care of. Trish Peters was above and beyond like the ultimate wedding planner, organizer and friend! Really can't think of even one thing we didn't love at LOW!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Pat Flavaven · Married on 04/05/2019

Fabulous!!!

Fabulous venue. Like getting in your family home. Trish and her staff could not be more accommodating! We had 30 staying on the property..so much fun to be all together! Food, flowers, cake were perfect. They let us bring in our own DJ and no curfew! And even better was the price!!! So Glad we decided on Lake O' The Woods Plantation! Really recommend them!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Erin Riggan · Married on 11/03/2018

Trish did an amazing job of making our wedding weekend low stress and perfect.

The venue is beautiful and the rooms were beautiful and comfortable. Trish helped us plan everything we needed and was so helpful on our actual wedding day that it was such a stress free day. She met with our florist and used pictures from Pinterest I liked to create the perfect flower arrangements. She had everything we needed for our tables and helped it match perfectly with the look we wanted. I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect place to have a wedding and with a Trish’s help our day ran smoother than we ever could’ve hoped for.

Sent on 01/12/2019

Amber · Married on 05/30/2018

Trish is an amazing cook! She is very prompt, kind and accommodating. We could not have asked for a better 3 days for our wedding. The grounds are wonderful and every one of our guests loved it as much as we did.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Ann · Married on 10/14/2017

Trish Peters, her amazing staff, and the beautiful setting made for the perfect wedding. We were able to relax and enjoy the weekend, knowing all the details were in place. Trish was very accommodating and her professionalism was evident throughout.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Michael · Married on 10/07/2017

Lake O' The Woods is absolutely breath taking! We could not have found a better location for our son's rehearsal dinner and guest to stay. Trish is an amazing, very talented lady. We were clueless on how to put such a special event together, so we were very pleased that Trish could do it all and she did! We can not explain how beautiful everything turned out, the grounds and history there in itself is outstanding.

Sent on 01/14/2018

Joanna · event on: 08/30/2017

I just want to provide a look at the historical context of Lake O the Woods. It is one of the few historic sites that until recently was a living and hospital home. It radiates with tales and love that the family that lived here from its building to recently when the generations could not provide for its future. Some of the family that grew up here still lives close by. Their church, Shady Grove Baptist, is not far away, and in fact, Trisch and husband have contributed to its upkeep. This is a neighborhood made up of the Davis and Egerton families and relatives. My childhood featured the annual family reunion in the front yard where my grandmother, Virginia Egerton, played. Lake o' the Woods was featured on the Woodright PBS TV series with the woodright Roy Egerton interviewing my aunt Eleanor while she shelled beans and talked about its history. The outbuildings are authentic and look like I remembered them. You will sense the hospitality seeping out from its bones. I still love this place. -Joanna Risdon Hanes-Lahr, Atlanta

Sent on 08/20/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/03/2017

Trish is absolutely amazing! She was extremely flexible and allowed me to see the venue on days when I was in town. Planning a wedding from a different state was challenging; however, Trish made it all a little smoother. The venue itself is beautiful and I couldn’t have asked for a better package. The entire weekend package is the way to go. Great job Trish and all of the staff at Lake O’ the Woods Plantation

Sent on 10/21/2017

HEATHER · Married on 05/20/2017

We held our wedding at Lake O' the Woods in May of 2017 and Trish and the staff were nothing short of amazing. The house and grounds are meticulously maintained, and Trish makes sure that every little detail is taken care of. We had out of town guests stay in the main house while we spent our wedding night in Henry's Cabin, there was plenty of room to accommodate everyone and our guests loved the ability to walk the grounds and take in the old Southern charm of the plantation.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Evelyn · Married on 08/06/2016

If you are looking for an "elegant and exquisite" venue for your wedding or special event, you "MUST" see/select Lake O' The Woods . We just had our daughter's wedding at this "BEAUTIFUL" location! The wedding pictures were just "stunning" because every area of this property is "extremely" beautiful! Our guest were in "awe" when they arrived and left "raving" on the venue, not to mention on how the staff were just so attentive to their every need.

This was an "all inclusive" wedding, which left my daughter and I "stress free"! "Hands down" this is the way to go!!!

We will use this location again for every special future events.

Mr. and Mrs. David T. Woodson

Sent on 09/07/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/14/2016

It didnt take long for us to realize that Lake O the Woods was going to be our venue! At first glance, we fell in love with the beautiful grounds of the plantation. Trish was so accommodating, responsive, helpful, and overall amazing with helping us perfect out wedding day! We got married on the front steps and had the reception on the back terrace overlooking the gorgeous pool and pastures. I cannot tell you how happy I was with everything about Lake O the Woods!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Caroline · Married on 05/16/2015

An absolutely beautiful venue with amazing management!!! Trish and Dawn, as well as the rest of the staff, made sure that our wedding was perfect from beginning to end!! I could not have asked for a more beautiful place to get married!!! Highly recommend using Lake O' The Woods for any event!!!!

Sent on 05/17/2015

satisfied · Married on 06/20/2014

The setting and everything else was perfect! We just had a family reunion there and it was simply amazing! I would highly recommend this venue if you are planning a wedding and a reception! Please contact Trish she will do everything possible to accommodate your request and your desires! If you are seeking a place that will leave you with memories forever then you have found!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Roxie · Married on 06/14/2014

EVERYTHING about The Stogner wedding was perfect! Trish and staff went above and beyond for the guest. The entire weekend was magical. Even the mother of the bride said it was the most stress free wedding. Thank you for taking such good care of us.

Sent on 06/16/2014
  • W

Dorothy · Married on 10/20/2013

Trish was absolutely wonderful and very accommodating. We had a wonderful time taking our engagement photos on the beautiful grounds. It was so fun to get up close and personal with the Belties and horses, and to take advantage of the lovely, colorful fall weather. Lake O' The Woods is so whimsical and quaint, offering a gorgeous, classy, yet rustic, site for a wedding ceremony and reception.

Sent on 12/24/2012

Dona · Married on 10/05/2013

If you are looking for a stunning outdoor venue in a rural setting, this is it!! As a planner the one thing I have learned is setting isn't everything, staff is. Trish, Dawn and staff cannot be beat. Their staff stepped in and up, even when it was not their job to do so. What else could you ask for. The bride and family never knew of any of the little "hiccups" (from other vendors) that happened throughout the weekend. A great value. My advise, pick one of their many plans, step back and enjoy your wedding day without one worry.

Sent on 10/14/2013

This venue was absolutely beautiful! All of my guests were highly impressed and everyone complimented how beautiful the plantation was.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Mary Beth · Married on 05/04/2013

The team at Lake O’ The Woods was phenomenal! They were so helpful from the moment we started planning the wedding to the moment we left after the wedding! The grounds were beautiful and we loved the freedom to relax where we wanted to, by the pool, the fire and on their beautiful porches. The views from our rooms were also gorgeous to wake up to! Trish and Dawn were wonderful to work with and we highly recommend them for an occasion!

Sent on 05/06/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/04/2013

We had the best wedding thanks to lake o the woods staff! My family and friends had nothing but great things to say about how beautiful our venue was.

Sent on 07/13/2013

Lindsay · Married on 06/16/2012

Lake O' The Woods (LOW) Plantation made our wedding dreams come true! Thanks to their expertise/talent, professionalism, quality of service, and responsiveness, the wedding planning process went very smoothly and kept me (the bride) and our families as stress free as possible for this type of major life event! They listened to our wants and our needs then took the reigns and produced a masterful and absolutely wonderful ceremony & reception at their beautiful outdoor venue! We (the Bride & the Groom) even spent our wedding night on the plantation!! LOW offers the whole package and can be as hands on and involved in the planning and executing process as the Bride & Groom desire! I would not only strongly recommend LOW as a Wedding Venue, but also for their immaculate Wedding Planning Services-- both provided at a great value!! If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing, as it was truly a wonderful wedding experience start to finish!

Sent on 02/09/2013

Jackie · Married on 05/26/2012

Staff was very efficient. They always responded on a timely manner.

Sent on 12/11/2012

Lindsay · Married on 09/27/2008

The facility is amazing and the grounds are beautiful. The staff is extremely friendly and welcoming.

Sent on 12/11/2012

Lake O' The Woods made our wedding dreams come true! I recommend this venue to everyone I know. The owners and staff go out of their way to ensure everything is comfortable and perfect for your special day. Our wedding could not have been more amazing!!!!

Sent on 01/02/2013

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2017

My dream venue! I was looking for a place where we could have our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception all in one overnight location. I was so happy to find LOW in Warrenton. This lovely home has it all... character, a view, space and a wonderful team to put it all together. Once we arrived on Friday, I knew myself and the friends and family that were staying on site, were going to be taken great care of. I did not have to worry about anything and that truly helped me be a stress free bride!! Between the master suite to get ready in, the cabins where the groomsman relaxed, breakfast in the main manor house and hanging out around the pool, LOW has so much to offer. We were able to easily provide transportation to Henderson for those out of town guests, which was one of my concerns with picking this venue. It really worked out great. Thanks Trish and team for helping us plan our dream wedding!

Lake O' The Woods Plantation 2
    Sent on 12/29/2017

We recently held our wedding at the Lake O the Woods Plantation. There are many components to an amazing wedding, and this venue has all of those elements. The first thing that attracted us to choose the venue for our wedding is the amazing grounds and various properties. The manor house is absolutely gorgeous, tastefully renovated to modernize the space while retaining the old southern charm. Another advantage of the venue is the amount of bedrooms (we had all of our bridal party and immediate family members stay with us the entire weekend, around 30 individuals). Trish, the venue owner, truly made us comfortable throughout our stay and made us feel as if her venue was our home. Brides will be hard pressed to find another venue that can provide such an intimate space for such a great price.

Last, but certainly not least, the staff at the Lake O the Woods are AMAZING. Trish, Dawn, and her team were so helpful during the entire weekend. We held multiple events over the few days and the staff handled every detail with such precision and care. And this is what you want --- someone who views your wedding as a celebration, and not a profitable event. Trish's staff cares. They care that your day is flawless, that everything is set up to your approval, and they care that you have an amazing time. Trish can be opinionated at times, but at the end of the day, she and her staff are there to make your event awesome.

Reading through past comments, I would like to echo the positive sentiments of the other reviewers. As for the one comment regarding the dog interfering with the ceremony, Trish's dogs were all very well behaved and NEVER interrupted any of the events throughout the weekend. I can only imagine that Trish has coordinated and held many wedding events since that first review, and her expertise and professionalism that I experienced during my wedding reflects her excellent wedding planning abilities.

Sent on 10/23/2013