Lake Mohawk Country Club Reviews

66 | Sparta, NJ

66 Reviews for Lake Mohawk Country Club

66 Lake Mohawk Country Club Reviews

Anna · Married on 08/18/2018

I can not say enough good things about Lake Mohawk Country Club and, particularly, the team at they have working there. Let's start with the venue. It is absolutely gorgeous! If you have good weather, the beach and the boardwalk are such a great option but don't worry if it rains... the inside is stunning! Tall ceilings, wood beams, Edison lights, etc. You get that rustic feel without going too far. The space fit our 150 guests without a problem and everyone had an amazing time.
    The staff is incredible! I sent them far too many e-mails with questions and requests and they answered every one cheerfully, quickly and helpfully! They did so much on the day of the wedding that I never even thought of and they do it all with a smile. The food was great, the crew was fun, the environment was amazing. I LOVE this place!

Sent on 09/11/2018
    Lake Mohawk Country Club 1
    Lake Mohawk Country Club 2
    Lake Mohawk Country Club 3
    Lake Mohawk Country Club 4

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

What an honor it was to be part of you and Rich's special day! You both were such a pleasure to work with and we could not be happier for the two of you. Thank YOU for allowing Lake Mohawk Country Club to share in the celebration. We wish you both a very happy and healthy future together. Congratulations! With love, The LMCC Staff

Stephanie · Married on 04/28/2018

I'm so glad I chose to have my wedding here, they went above and beyond to make sure all my needs were met on my wedding day. They created a special menu with recipes that I requested and the food was nothing but amazing! While getting ready in the bridal suite they provided us breakfast lunch and endless champagne for me and my girls! One of my biggest fears was not being able to get married on the beach and due to the rain I was able to have half my ceremony inside and half outside! My day definitely did not go as planned but I wouldn't have changed anything looking back on my wedding day! My guests are still talking about how beautiful my wedding was and how much they loved my venue.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Stephanie, Congratulations again to you and Brian! Thank you for allowing Lake Mohawk Country Club to be a part of your special day- we wish you and Brian a lifetime full of love and happiness together.

Matija · Married on 05/20/2017

Blake, Amber and the whole team from the back of the house to the front of the house deserve more than 5 stars! My husband and I got married here on May 20th and planned it long distance from San Diego. The venue itself is absolutely breath taking. All of our guests, both local and distant, were amazed at it's beauty. Blake was accommodating to my flight schedule and any question I asked was answered with Yes or No Problem. The food, decor, staff, ... just everything was flawless. Our day ran so seamlessly and we couldn't have dreamt anything better. We were consistently checked in on to make sure we ate, had a drink, relaxed, danced, etc. There were no hiccups and it exceeded our expectations. The food was amaaaaazing! The cocktail hour blew us away and both proteins were cooked to perfection, a duet of salmon and flank steak. We're big foodies and were able to customize a few appetizers from family recipes. They nailed all of our requests. Not to mention the most adorable bridal suite with refreshments and whatever else we wanted. Blake promised me the day we met I would enjoy my wedding with no stress, from getting ready to leaving for the night... and she delivered. Thank you all so much for making our wedding day perfect!

Mike · Married on 04/14/2017

Lake Mohawk Country Club was the perfect venue. We fell in love with the area before we were engaged so we knew the Country Club would be one of our venue choices. We had a very short time span to plan our wedding (4 months) and when we met with manager Blake Hargrave we knew the Country Club was the place. She put us completely at ease. The price was reasonable as well. Everybody raved about the venue and it's location. The event went off without a hitch thanks to Blake, Danny C (DJ), and Ben Hickey (Officiant). They are the wedding dream team. Choose Lake Mohawk Country Club with that team and your wedding will be, as one of our guests put it, "The best wedding ever!"

Sent on 04/28/2017

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful praise. You and Kelly were a pleasure to work for and you both did a beautiful job planning your big day. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you again.

Michelle · Married on 10/28/2016

What an amazing wedding day I had thanks to LMCC! Blake was fabulous from the first day we met. She really understands food and service. She also has a very calm and controlled demeanor, which helps out when things get a bit stressful on the wedding day. I completely trusted her throughout the process, and everything worked out beautifully. Brendan was an awesome help as well. He was on top of everything throughout the day and attended to us the entire time. I was so pleased with how everything turned out even though the weather wasn't entirely cooperative. We had a very windy and chilly day, but we were still able to have the ceremony outside. The servers and bartenders were friendly and accommodating. The newly renovated ballroom is gorgeous, and we received compliments on the venue all night long. I highly recommend LMCC for any occasion, but they truly know how to do unique and fun weddings right!

jackie · Married on 08/13/2016

Choosing to have our wedding at Lake Mohawk Country Club was by far the best decision we made throughout our entire wedding planning process.
    I found this venue by luck. I hadn’t heard of Lake Mohawk, and I was checking it out in a whim with a friend, so I wasn’t expecting much. As soon as I walked in, I knew immediately that my search was over.
    Walking in the door it looks like every other wedding venue. A room to the right, staircase going up. Once you’re up that staircase, it becomes something else.
    When you get upstairs, you enter a beautiful, dark wood room with a bar. From there, you have three options: you can go forward to the boardwalk, to the left to the bridal tower, or to the right into the ballroom. I’ll start with the bridal tower.
    The bridal tower is a two-floor suite. The first floor is a big air conditioned (this was important for our August wedding) room with views of the lake. There’s a big table in the middle where everyone can gather, and multiple spots where your makeup artist or hair dresser can set up. There’s also a private bathroom, which I used throughout the entire wedding. There’s an option to have lunch served to everyone, which I would highly recommend because it’s both delicious and very much needed with the craziness of the day.
    We got married on the boardwalk overlooking the lake, and it was absolutely beautiful.
    The ballroom. Nothing compares to this ballroom. I had been there multiple times while preparing for the wedding, and I was blown away by how incredible this room was when it was set up. The high ceilings, the view of the lake through that big window, how perfectly the staff spaced everything out was beyond what I had expected.
    Finally, and the main reason that I will recommend this venue to anyone that I know without a second thought, are the people who made the night happen. Blake and Brandon made sure that everything went perfectly. They will be there for you from the second you walk in the door

Wow! We were so impressed with LMCC! Blake and her team were amazing and made our planning process a piece of cake! They were so flexible and accommodating, no matter what we asked of them. Our wedding was in November so we had no idea what the weather was going to bring but the country club was ready for anything. We absolutely loved how this venue had both indoor and outdoor accommodations. The tents and heaters outside allowed our guests to watch the sunset while enjoying the amazing happy hour. The food was excellent and the servers were wonderful! From the adorable bridal suite, to the incredible sunset views over the lake, this venue is such a hidden gem! - Sarah and Casey

Sent on 02/20/2016

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be part of your special day. We adore you both and are always look forward to seeing you.

Kaylan · Married on 10/04/2015

Amazing. Everything was incredible, I wish I could get married everyday day here. The staff was so helpful. The head chef, who was cooking our dinner, took time out of his busy schedule to help with a dress fiasco. As great as he is a chef, he is a tailor. My dad was amazing, everything was beautiful. So happy!!

Liz · Married on 10/02/2015

Everything was wonderful for our wedding even in the rain! Thank you again

Sent on 12/19/2015

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

It was our pleasure!! Please remember to come back and visit.

Katherine and Michael · Married on 08/01/2015

We couldn't be happier or say enough great things about Lake Mohawk Country Club and their team, specifically Blake and Brendan. We feel in love with the country club's charm and beautiful location on the lake. We loved being the only wedding there on our wedding day. It was so personalized to what we envisioned our wedding day would be. Blake, Brendan, and the entire staff are very professional, kind, and thoughtful. They were always available to answer any questions we had during the planning process. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour on the boardwalk and reception inside. It was absolutely beautiful! We are very thankful for Blake, Brendan, and the entire staff at Lake Mohawk Country Club for helping us make this the best day of our lives!

Sent on 09/26/2015

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. Working with you both to help create your special day was our pleasure.

Corinne · Married on 07/25/2015

Growing up in Lake Mohawk I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else and I am so happy I chose this venue. Every detail of my wedding was exactly how I imagined it. The staff and especially Blake Made sure my wedding day went perfectly. From start to finish LMCC went above and beyond all of my expectations.

Amanda · Married on 06/26/2015

LMCC was the most perfect venue and setting for our wedding day! Blake and Brendan were AMAZING during the entire process! LMCC is a hidden gem that most of our guests never been to. Everyone absolutely loved it... Food, views, and ceremony setting. If you're looking for a unique, rustic, and beautiful set venue, LMCC is for you! We did not want your typical venue and once we set foot here, we knew it was perfect for us!

nicole · Married on 10/31/2014

LMCC couldn't have helped provide my husband and I a better wedding. Our guests raved about hoe friendly the staff was. Everyone enjoyed their meals and I'm still hearing about what a great time everyone had! Brendan, Blake and Amber were wonderful!!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 10/18/2014

Lake Mohawk Country Club was the perfect place to hold a wedding. The venue itself is gorgeous with the amazing views of the lake behind you as you get married on the beach and then you continue to enjoy the views during the cocktail hour. We took our photos right there along the boardwalk, the gardens and the beach and although we haven’t received our pictures yet those taken by our guests are amazing. Planning a wedding here was easy due to the quick responses of Blake and Brendan to my texts and e-mails and the day of the wedding they took over and made sure each and every one of my details became a reality. During the day of the wedding the entire staff at LMCC made the day move seamlessly and my new husband Brian and I have nothing but positive comments about how easy they made everything happen for us. Not only did we have an amazing day, but our guests did as well. Thank you LMCC for being the perfect place for us to hold our magical day.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Hi Heather! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your day, we pride ourselves on making the planning process less stressful by streamlining all of our efforts into an in house planning committee. The sky/backdrop for your day was awesome! We are so glad your pictures are going to turn out beautifully, and we can't wait to see them, be sure to send some our way, our tag 'Lake Mohawk Weddings' on Facebook so we can see and share. Thank you so much for your kind words, and best of luck in your future! -The LMCC Team

Kimberly · Married on 09/28/2014

It was great working with Blake and Brendan through the long process of planning our wedding! They were both super helpful, responsive, and full of awesome ideas. The day of our wedding Brendan and Amber ran things so smoothly, everything was perfect. All of our guests raved about the food, the decor, and of course, the beautiful lake view! We honestly, can't say enough good things about this venue.

Meagan · Married on 09/13/2014

What an unbelievable experience we had at LMCC! My husband and I are so thrilled with our decision and had the most unbelievable night imaginable! Unfortunately, we had so bad weather that caused our originally outdoor wedding to be inside, but this did not take away from the day at all and everything went perfectly. Blake, Brendan, Danielle and the entire staff were so helpful and accommodating to every (crazy) idea we came up with. They are true professionals and made the day even more enjoyable knowing they had it all under control and we didn't have to worry about a single thing.

As an added bonus, The venue also recently had some major renovations that really updated the inside while keeping the rustic character that we originally fell in love with. 5 stars across the board! :)

Sent on 09/29/2014

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Hi Meagan, We are so glad we could take part in your big day! It was tons of fun, despite the weather. You know what they say, rain is good luck! Best of luck to the both of you, can't wait to see you at future events! Best, The LMCC Team

Meghan · Married on 08/30/2014

Amazing venue! Great staff! Delicious food! Perfect place to have your wedding! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to Lake Mohawk Country Club!!!!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Thank you, Meghan! We are so glad everyone enjoyed themselves. Looking forward to seeing you again!

I can't say enough good things about this venue. LMCC is beautiful. The building itself is a 100+ year old chateau, nestled next to the largest man-made lake in NJ.

We had our ceremony on the boardwalk overlooking the beautiful, serene water, on a warm, 80-degree day, with the sun setting in the background as we vowed our love to each other. The cocktail hour was also on the large deck outside, with an open bar inside.

Our reception was in their beautiful ballroom, with its high vaulted ceilings, charming chandeliers, and candles all around. I did not have big floral centerpieces, nor did I have any up-lighting, nor did I have any flowers decorating my ceremony; and we didn't need any of it. Lake Mohawk Country Club is so beautiful on its own, and the deck is covered in potted flowers - I didn't need to go over the top with ancillary expenses.

Also, on the wedding day, my bridesmaids, my mom, and I all got ready before the wedding at the bridal suite, which was one of my favorite things about LMCC. The bridal suite is like a princess tower, with two levels, and we got ready on the highest level, overlooking the water and the boardwalk.

If you do book with LMCC, their food is really delicious, and your wedding cake will be provided by Cafe Pierrot.

Blake and Brendan were so responsive and helpful to me. I think I was a needy bride, very worried about things going wrong, and very oriented to minor details. I was a DIY bride, and I was worried about these things being presented just how I wanted -- but Blake and Brendan were super nice with me every step of the way, and everything was perfect. Our wedding was a dream come true.

Jill · Married on 08/23/2014

Lake Mohawk did a great job with my wedding last week. Brendan was great, we worked closely with him throughout the entire process and he was super flexible, knowledgeable, and very accommodating for any of our requests. All of our guests loved the venue as it's very unique, particularly if guests are not from the area. I would definitely recommend the venue. I grew up just three minutes from LMCC and looked at venues all over northern NJ, but still ended up with Lake Mohawk in the end - and am happy that I did!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Thank you, Jill! We had a great time celebrating with you, your family, and friends! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here at Lake Mohawk Country Club with future brides. If we can be of further assistance for future celebrations, please let us know! Thanks again, and best wishes to you in your future. -LMCC Wedding Team

Katherine · Married on 08/09/2014

Growing up in Sparta, I had been to other events at the country club, but I had never been to a wedding there until my own. Everything went so perfectly. Before the day even came, Brendan was so amazingly helpful and patient with our requests and concerns. He responded so quickly to every email or phone call. The day of the wedding, there was a boat show on the lake. I was so nervous that there would be noise during the ceremony. There wasn't any, until a loud cheering after the ceremony was done (which we permitted). The staff made sure that our ceremony was just as intimate and calm as we hoped it would be on the boardwalk. The service was wonderful. Everyone was so attentive and helpful. Again, Brendan was so excellent during the wedding. Everything went so smoothly. The food was so delicious and praised by everyone at the wedding. The room looked so beautiful with the lighting, flowers, and candles. The boardwalk held the perfect cocktail hour and dessert hour. They make it look so beautiful with the candles. It's a perfect place to have a wedding for the indoors and outdoors. Our guests were able to dance all night or enjoy cigars on the boardwalk. It provided so much space for people. We would recommend this venue for any major event, not only a wedding!

Sent on 08/24/2014

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Thank you! We are glad you enjoyed your night as much as we did. Best of luck to you in your future!

Julie · Married on 08/02/2014

This was a beautiful rehearsal dinner location! My mother in law planned the whole thing, so I don't have much to say about the planning process. But I can say that when we arrived, it was a breathtaking view! We had tables out on the boardwalk and a wonderful dinner buffet inside. The food was delicious! The staff was attentive! The location was superb. A very, very nice place.

Thank you!

Stacey · Married on 08/02/2014

I can't say enough about Lake Mohawk Country Club as a venue for our wedding. My husband and I were looking for a rustic wedding venue- we tried barns, inns, ect. and just couldn't find something rustic AND special enough. LMCC was the perfect mix of what we were looking for. From the minute we saw it and stepped out on the deck overlooking the lake, we both turned to each other and said, "this is it." The entire staff was very helpful and flexible and anything that we needed was taken care of. I had boxes of mason jars and bags of sand that I needed to put together for candle holders. Danielle and Blake said "no problem" and allowed my mom and I to put them together at the venue the week before. My husband and I felt strongly about having drinks on the sand where the ceremony was taking place - they worked with us to make it happen, and everyone loved it and felt like they were relaxing lakeside with a cold drink before the ceremony. With anything we needed, they worked with us to make it what we wanted. The venue itself is a perfect mix of being beautifully rustic and elegant. The lake is beautiful, and the exposed wood beams in the reception room are just gorgeous. Brendan was our point person, and he was so helpful leading up to and during the wedding. Brendan and Victoria knew exactly how we wanted things to look- and when I thought I had forgotten something, they had already done it. My husband and I didn't need to think about a thing that day, and Brendan always made sure we had a cold drink in our hands. LMCC is a magical venue and the staff is extremely helpful. My guests said they felt like they were at a "private lake estate" with the beautiful lakeside ceremony, cocktail hour on the deck, and the stunning, rustic ballroom. I would tell anyone looking for a "different" venue from the typical Jersey wedding, to look at Lake Mohawk. I want to renew our vows already, just so we can have another party at Lake Mohawk.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Hi Stacey! We are SO glad you and all your guests enjoyed your big day! We had a blast coordinating all the details leading up to your wedding and we LOVED that your students were able to make it to the ceremony. Best of luck to you all, looking forward to your next event!! -The LMCC Team

Lindsey · Married on 07/26/2014

Brendan and the entire LMCC staff were beyond incredible! They went out of their way to make our wedding day perfect!! We had our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding outside on the boardwalk...it was such a beautiful view and the food was great!! Our wedding day was perfect in every single way!! Our ceremony took place on the beautiful lakeside beach, our cocktail hour was outside on the boardwalk with a breathtaking view, and our reception dinner was held in the Grand Ballroom. We could not have dreamed of a more beautiful wedding!!! The view, the food, the atmosphere...everything was simply breathtaking!!! Our guests are still talking about what beautiful wedding we had!! Many guests said that they felt like they were somewhere in Europe because of the gorgeous view and location!! Jacobo ("Jake") and the entire kitchen staff were so amazing as well!! The food was delicious and they went out of their way to please us and our guests!!
    Lindsey & Steven Branco (Wedding Date: July 26, 2014)

Sent on 09/13/2014

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

Hi Lindsey, Thanks so much for your feedback, we will be sure to share it with the staff. We couldn't be happier that you had such a wonderful day. Looking forward to seeing you at future events! Sincerely, Lake Mohawk Country Club

Everything was PERFECT!! Could not have envisioned a more amazing day!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Lake Mohawk Country Club's reply:

We are so happy that your wedding was everything you hoped it would be. Wishing you a lifetime of Happiness. LMCC Staff