Lafayette Grande Reviews

Lafayette Grande 5
Lafayette Grande 6
Lafayette Grande 7

Marianne · Married on 02/08/2019

Absolutely a dream come true.

This venue was everything we dreamed of and more. The entire Lafayette Grande family was an absolute dream to work with. They accommodated every request we had and were in near-constant contact with me to ensure everything went smoothly. Our guests raaaaaved about how gorgeous the venue was and how much fun they had. Lauren and the other staff that night handled our friends like champs - which is saying A LOT. Thank you so much, Lafayette Grande staff!

• Yana

Yana · Married on 09/02/2018

Lafayette Grande went above and beyond for our wedding and we couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out on our big day. First of all, the venue is quite unique and beautiful-it's an art deco theatre that's unlike anything else in Michigan and they are constantly doing renovations to improve the decoration and structural integrity of the building. The food was good and as a bonus, they let us bring in some appetizers from a restaurant with whom they have worked with before, and our own desserts and cake. They were so easy-going, polite, and accommodating with all of our requests.

We chose Lafayette Grande because it was a beautiful venue, the food was consistently good, and we could have our ceremony and reception all in one place. They really enjoy what they do and you can tell because all of our interactions were so productive and pleasant. They geek out on making a wedding special and unique-so if you want to think outside of the box, this is the place for you! We had a concert for our ceremony and a dessert room and they both turned out better than we envisioned. Our guests raved about the beauty of the venue, the fact that everything was in one place, the food, and how smoothly everything went. Overall, it was a very positive experience for us!

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/06/2018

Great off-site caterer!

We were in the market for an off-site caterer at a venue which did not have a full kitchen, only a small prep kitchen. After a caterer that we had been talking to for months backed out on us, we were nervous about finding someone else who could cater at our venue without a full kitchen. The Lafayette Grande's Traveling Chef Catering exceeded all of our expectations! They assured us that they could keep our food warm until dinner, as they were, in fact, the first to ever cater at our venue. We loved that they offer a monthly taste test, where we could try many different dishes and figured out what we liked and didn't like. Each month featured different dishes, so by the time we had to make our selections, we had tried most of their menu! They have an excellent menu- we received so many compliments on our food! They also set up a great food display with an ice sculpture for our cocktail hour. We also used Lafayette Grande's services for our bar. They also offer a late-night snack, which we were initially undecided about, but happy we finally went with it. People loved it! From start to finish, Lauren, Ryan, and everyone at Lafayette was helpful in answering our questions, reassuring us, and giving us the best wedding reception!

Brittany · Married on 06/22/2018

Lafayette Grande was amazing! The food was delicious and the staff was professional and responsive. Amazing quality, would highly recommend!

Steven · Married on 06/02/2018

Made the absolute best choice possible! The food and level of service was incredible. The potatoes were perfect! Guests loved all of the food - I'm still getting comments!

Erin · Married on 05/19/2018

WOW - they are INCREDIBLE! Our guests LOVED the food, the dancing, the venue....everything was seamless and perfect and they are so accommodating and helpful and responsive. You want to choose Lafayette Grande!!!

Lafayette Grande 8
    Lafayette Grande 9
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I searched for a venue for over a year, going to place after place after place. Then we came across the Lafayette Grande. This unique place captured our attention. We were on the 4th floor the Crystal ballroom. Upon the first meeting until the end, Ryan, Greg, Rob and beautiful Lauren were extremely helpful, fun and amazing people to work with and to talk to. The day of the wedding and during set up an wonderful young man was so helpful and was right there to do anything we needed. Doug and I couldn't have imagined our day without them and this beautiful place. Because of their great service and this gorgeous place, our number one compliment from the wedding is "that was the best wedding I have ever been to and in an incredible place too". Photos do not do it justice! I can't forget about the food. OMG the food!!! We were able to attend a few food tastings and everything we had was great. It was so difficult to choose. They have a variety to choose from, and they were so great in accommodating my mom who has multiple food allergies.

Lafayette Grande 10
    Lafayette Grande 11
    Lafayette Grande 12
    Lafayette Grande 13
    Lafayette Grande 14
    Lafayette Grande 15

Lauren · Married on 12/31/2017

My husband and I are so incredibly happy that we selected the Lafayette Grande for our ceremony and reception venue! Our wedding was on NYE so we knew we needed to pick a location that was beautiful on the inside because no one would be going outside at the end of December and, because it gets dark around 6:00 p.m., even if people did go outside, there'd be nothing to see! The Lafayette Grande is a masonic temple from the 1920's and the owners have carefully and meticulously maintained the original beauty and décor of the location and the rooms.

We got married in the fourth floor, Crystal Ballroom, which is so unique and gorgeous! The ballroom is tiered so it looks like a cabaret/dinner theater. One of my biggest complaints with weddings is when you can't see the bride and groom because of the layout of the room but because of the tiered seating in our ballroom, everyone could see everything going on in the room at all times.

Not only is the venue itself beautiful but the staff is wonderful - the level of customer service we received was excellent! The owners of the venue involve themselves in every aspect of its operations to ensure their clients are happy with their wedding, event, etc.

Finally, the food is fantastic! They started out as a catering company and eventually purchased the Lafayette Grande so they could offer full-service events to their clients. The owners are Hungarian so their traditional Hungarian dishes were absolutely incredible! (The chicken paprikash was my favorite!)

Claire · Married on 08/19/2017

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!! Food was outstanding! My entire guest list Loved everything about the place. Lauren, Greg, All of them, handled every aspect of my needs greatly. Andrew, you are awesome! attentive, if I needed even so much as a tissue, he brought, immediately! I could not have asked for more excellence. My day was perfect!

Laura · Married on 06/03/2017

I got married in the Grande Ballroom at the Lafayette Grande. Everything from start to finish with this venue was amazing. When I took the tour with my architect (and frankly quite nosey) father, Greg showed us every nook and cranny without hesitation, setting my father at ease. We booked that day and without hesitation. The best thing about this venue is that its already beautiful. I saved so much money not having to worry about decoration. They are quick to respond to any inquiries and are extremely pleasant and flexible to work with. The best thing, I think, is the monthly taste tests that they host, where you can really get the exact menu that you want. We went to about 10 of them before we got married and were able to taste almost every single item they offer on their catering menu. I know of no other places that let you do this, and do it for free! My guests are still raving about the space and the food and just raving about our wedding, in big part due to the Lafayette Grande. I cannot recommend this place enough.

Megan · Married on 04/01/2017

I cannot say enough about how amazing this venue is! We recently had our wedding their on 4/1/17 and it was stunning! We booked our ceremony and reception in the Crystal Ballroom and it was perfect! Greg, Ryan and Lauren were a pleasure to work with, easy going, organized and very accommodating. Theresa helped us set up and on the day of and she was phenomenal. The food was amazing, we got so many compliments on it! Overall the venue is absolutely beautiful and interesting, it does not look like your typical wedding. They made the whole wedding planning craziness a breeze and I cannot compliment them enough, they really do it all!!!

Aaron · Married on 07/03/2016

My wife and I couldn’t be happier about choosing Lafayette Grande for our wedding reception on July 3, 2016! We loved the building right away and soon loved the way the whole operation was run. Prices are fantastic, the food was delicious, the building has such great character, and the entire staff – from the brothers in management to the servers on the floor – were phenomenally accommodating! Brothers Ryan, Rob, and Greg were low pressure at our first walk through and very flexible throughout the entire process. You can tell they put their heart and soul into the building, their business, and your big day. They communicate well and quickly answered questions we had. Quite a few of our guests commented to us on the quality of the food, the wait staff, and the bar service, and we weren’t disappointed the day of either. We would recommend Lafayette Grande to anyone and would go with them again in a heartbeat if we had to! Thanks, guys!

Wonderful! Such a beautiful venue and great people to work with! We received many compliments on the location and dinner!

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2014

Beautiful building. Staff were very professional. Food was amazing!! We are still getting compliments on our wedding.

Amanda · Married on 08/15/2014

Great Place! We had our reception here and everything was great. Food was amazing, staff was very friendly and helpful, the building is very beautiful and great for pictures. During the wedding planning I would send emails with questions and always got a response quickly. We did buffet style and it worked out great, the price is very affordable and their website lists everything upfront. Overall had a great experience!

Amanda · Married on 07/11/2014

Everyone at the Lafayette Grande was extremely helpful and courteous. We continue to get comments about our wedding reception and the venue, including how amazing the food was, how beautiful the wedding reception was, and how great the service was. We couldn't have been happier. I would recommend the Lafayette Grande to anyone!

Erica · Married on 06/07/2014

This place is wonderful! They have such different rooms layouts to choose from and the old charm of it makes any event seem magical! I would give them more than 5 stars if I could just based on their flexibility and responsiveness! Every time I thoguht of somethin gnew or needed to change a detail, they all responded immediately! So much help finding outside vendors for lighting, chairs, valet, etc. Our reception was one fabulous party and I have to thank the whole team there for it!!!

Kristin · Married on 04/26/2013

I'd give them a 10/5 if I could :-) ABSOLUTELY AMAZING people and venue!!! One of a kind! Could not have been happier!!!!!

Justin · Married on 04/06/2013

Excellent food, service, and great staff!

Katie · Married on 03/09/2013

The Lafayette Grande was absolutely incredible. Working with Ryan was so seamless and he made everything super easy, also putting up with my myriad questions. He allowed my cousin ( a beer distributor) to bring in our own beer at no extra cost and also allowed us to come set up our decor the day before.

The fourth floor crystal ballroom had our guests talking all night - it was a perfect, vintage setting. The food was also impeccable. We had carved roast beef, chicken florentine, special mashed potatoes, glazed belgian carrots and caesar salald - all of which were great. Instead of doing a cake, we did the ice cream sundae bar which was a full banana split bar which everyone really loved.

I would recommend them again and again - they're friendly, family run, and just awesome all around. Go with Lafayette!

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2012

From the moment we stepped through the doors to tour The Lafayette Grande we knew this place would be our reception venue We met with Greg that day and were impressed with his professionalism and friendliness. Everyone we spoke with or met with while planning our reception was amazingly nice. Greg's brother Ryan is in charge of catering - you can tell that he takes pride in the food they prepare and serve for each event at The Lafayette Grande. The venue is beautiful and old and so unique, all of our guests were blown away! They are still talking about it! The food was fantastic, but even better was the level of courtesy provided by all the servers, the bartenders, the security, and all the Lafayette Grande staff! That night several of the older guests commented on how helpful the parking lot attendants and doorman were when they arrived. The doorman even helped my grandfather find a private place to change out of his tux so that my father could return it for him because my grandparents had to leave early the next morning to go home. Book your reception at The Lafayette Grande and you will not be disappointed!! The food is amazing, the venue is unique and beautiful, and the staff is hands down the best staff I've ever dealt with at a wedding reception!

• Maggie

Maggie · Married on 04/13/2012

The Lafayette Grande was the perfect setting! We orginally planned our Venue Oct. 2010 but our wedding took place 4/13/12. They were amazing at working with us, from food tastings, to many showings to our family and friends. They hosted our engagement party as well! We had our ceremony and reception in the Crystal Ballroom, everything was perfect! The staff was great! We recieved so many compliments on awesome wedding and venue! Everything was perfect! Cant thank you all enough! Highly recommend!!!!

Brooke · Married on 12/09/2011

The room was beautiful. The food was delicious! All the of staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone was great. I would definitely recommend this venue.

Lisa · Married on 06/25/2011

Holding our wedding reception at the Lafayette Grande was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding process. The staff was great and very attentive to our desires. The food was delicious and we received several comments from our guests about how incredible the venue looked. We would highly recommend the Lafayette Grande to anyone!