Laakea Ocean Wedding Reviews

47 | Kahuku, HI

47 Reviews for Laakea Ocean Wedding

47 Laakea Ocean Wedding Reviews

Tamara · Married on 08/18/2018

I can’t express how happy we are with the services provided by Elias and Laakea Ocean Wedding. He exceeded all of our expectations. Elias went above and beyond what we needed him to do for our wedding. He was always available to answer any questions we had. He was always responsive, even with the time difference from Washington DC to Hawaii. He helped with getting flowers ordered for the wedding which looked and smelled amazing. He helped us find our caterer (Chef Angelina) who was awesome. Everyone raves about the food.
    On the weekend of the wedding, he came to the location the day before to do a rehearsal with us and to talk about all the details for the big day. The weather called for rain on our wedding day so he worked out a plan b which we ended up having to use and it still looked amazing. He worked with all the vendors to make sure they had what they needed and made sure they were in place on time. He and his team set up all the decorations, tables, chairs and served during dinner and cocktail hour. They were amazing and everything looked amazing.
    I would recommend Elias and Laakea Ocean Wedding to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator who is attentive, caring and genuinely loves what they do. He is worth every penny he charges which in my opinion is not enough for everything he does. Elias is much more than just a wedding coordinator. He gets to know you, your spouse and your vision for your day to make sure you have the best day of your life. I can’t imagine our wedding without him.
    Thank you so much Elias for making this our dream come true.

Laakea Ocean Wedding 1
    Laakea Ocean Wedding 2
    Laakea Ocean Wedding 3
    Laakea Ocean Wedding 4
    Laakea Ocean Wedding 5

Jenny · Married on 04/04/2018

Elias and his team were the best on our wedding day! Planning was made so fun and simple with Elias' help and input. Their day of set up was seamless and amazing. He pulled off exactly what I had envisioned, all while being so sweet to our families and friends. When the bartender was in a car accident on the way, Elias changed and jumped in to help tend bar for our night. Again, above and beyond. We loved having you as a part of our day Elias and team! XO

Michelle · Married on 03/18/2018

First off, Elias isn’t like most wedding coordinators . He sees what he does as a passion and the bride(s) and/or groom(s) as family who deserve the very best. He will be as involved or uninvolved as you want. I personally picked-out and worked directly with the photographer, hair/make-up, and bakery but utilized his expertise when it came to catering, flowers, and a bartender (use “his guy”, he was great!).

He is very protective of his brides and is not afraid to have “difficult conversations” with folks to ensure “her” big day is as perfect. Several times he went above and beyond to ensure my day was exactly how I wanted. For example, he demand that the property owner of the estate where we married hire people to clean up the beach behind the property. He also called multiple hawaiian islands looking for someone who could supply the Plumerias I absoutely HAD to have. He even went to the airport to pick up the plumerias and delivered them to the florist. Talk about going above and beyond! Oh, and he offered to go to Costco to pick up alcohol for us so we didn’t have to “waste” our time doing errands.

He also a stash of “goodies” you can utilize like tables and chairs (a HUGE cost savings), glasses, archways, centerpiece pieces. If you are needing assistance with a vision – he can help. If you already have a vision – he will execute what you want. He has staff that shows up the day of the wedding and is absoutely amazing. Overall, very impessed. You will make a wise choice choosing Elias.

Sent on 04/08/2018
    Laakea Ocean Wedding 6

Laakea Ocean Wedding's reply:

Mahalo Michelle for the kind worlds we just try to do as you deserve !

Gail · Married on 01/12/2018

Our impression of the work of this company was overwhelmingly positive. We contracted with them to provide day-of coordination of a beach wedding on the North Shore of Oahu. Elias suggested very creative approaches to pacing and where to stage various aspects of the event. He suggested an exciting “reveal” of the beachfront ceremony seating area after gathering guests in another part of the property. He brought polite and well-dressed wait help and coordinated food service with the caterer exactly according to our schedule. Lots of small design touches by Elias enhanced the decor of the event. This company is a FIND for anyone planning a wedding on the island of Oahu. They are pros with design flair and we are happy to recommend them without reservation.

Brittney · Married on 11/04/2017

Elias was the PERFECT person to help plan our wedding. We are from Texas so we weren’t familiar with the area and needed lots of help with vendors. Elias made it so simple for us and really brought everything together for the best wedding I could have imagined. He is super fun and completely understood the laid back atmosphere we wanted. I’m so glad we had him to help with everything!

Marjie · Married on 09/30/2017

Elias at Laakea Ocean Wedding was absolutely amazing! He went above and beyond in making our wedding day go smooth and a beautiful day we will never forget! We showed up to a bad situation (the house I booked was not as expected and I was in shock and tears) and he reassurred us we would still have the perfect day. I couldn't imagine that at the time because it was pretty bad upon arrival. But he did it, he somehow made it all better and pulled it all together to give us the perfect wedding. My guests would've never known how the place looked days prior. On top of that, he is one of the nicest people too! Always smiling that great smile which is exactly what we needed. Lastly, this girl is all about a budget and being frugal. At first I thought I'm spending too much, do I really need a planner? The best investment was hiring him... especially planning a wedding from another state. He knows the right people, vendors and I'm sure I would've paid a lot more without him.
    We're so very thankful for all his hard work!

Laakea Ocean Wedding 7

Norielys · Married on 06/22/2017

I researched a lot before choosing a wedding planner. When I visited Laakea Ocean Weddings' website, I just loved their pictures and what they offer. I message them, and 3 other vendors. Eli responded right away to let me know that he received the message and set up a time to talk. His eagerness and excitement on the phone was so contagious that I knew I didn't need to look any further. When I met him, I felt reassure that I made the right decision, that Eli and his team will make my dream beach wedding come true. And so they did! Eli and his team put everything together beautifully. Always available, he listened to my wants, and he carried through my vision. As I walked down the aisle, I couldn’t stop smiling, everything was so beautiful, gorgeous! I completely and honestly recommend Laakea Ocean Wedding to be trusted with whatever wedding dream you might have, they definitely made mine (ours) a special one.
    Nori

Jenn · Married on 03/11/2017

Elias and his team were so amazing to work with and we would recommend them to anyone! His enthusiasm and confidence made us feel comfortable and really helped ease some of the wedding stress. They went above and beyond to negotiate with our vendors when there were some hiccups along the way and played a huge role in making sure our wedding day exceeded our expectations! Thank you Laakea Ocean Weddings for helping to make our special day so unforgettable!

Nicole · Married on 06/12/2016

We started planning our wedding with just over 3 months until the big day - and my then-fiance was deployed overseas. Elias was incredible during the entire process. He walked us through each step of the way, making recommendations and even decisions when we were not able to do so. He took care of all the minute details that I would have surely forgotten. We were on a tight budget, so he worked with us to come up with a plan that worked for us. He even provided us with a speaker for my iPad to play our reception music! He was wonderful to work with - once my husband returned to Hawaii a month before the wedding, we went to the North Shore to view the venue, both extremely nervous. Within minutes of sitting and talking with Elias, all of our stresses disappeared. He had the same calming "I got this" nature on the wedding day, and took care of all issues promptly and with a smile. We wish we could plan another wedding so we can work with this great team again! (Just kidding - one wedding is enough. But they were awesome!!)
    Love,
    Nikki and Blaze

• I

Irina · Married on 03/10/2014

We literally fell in love with Elias. Our communication started almost a year ago and we kept postponing our wedding due to paperwork and formalities. But this professional wedding planner never let us down. He kept the estate for us and for the dates that were convenient for all our families. We cannot express all the gratitude for the marvelous wedding and beautiful memories that Elias prepared and implemented. His friendly and open personality, excellent organizational skills, extensive connections and CHARM captured our hearts forever!
    Estate - huge, clean house; spacious bridal suite; bedrooms for guests and a separate cottage with bunkbeds perfect for kids (we had 13 kids and 11 adults); lovely backyard with a gorgeous mountain view; quiet location; 5 min walk to the beach, was always empty - so it's all yours!
    Catering - AWESOME job with providing chefs who cooked dinners for us. Food was always fresh and mouthwatering! Elias even made sure that everything was gluten free as some of us are allergic.
    Flowers and decor - We discussed it with Elias and he promised me I'll get what I want. He kept his promise – the arch was like a replica of my dream! The bouquets, leis, flower petals for the girls - all were gorgeous and classy.
    Photography - Mark surprised us with the settings. We just told him that we want pix on the beach. And he took us to a couple breathtaking places. We are looking forward to seeing them soon!
    Transportation - a white convertible with 'Just Married' sign on the back! We jumped with excitement when we saw it.
    Elias, THANK YOU for the wedding of my life and for becoming our friend!
    PS. Did you know that this incredible guy even provided the perfect weather?! It was raining nonstop when we came. It drizzled on the wedding day but when the ceremony began, the sky opened wide blue and the sun spilled all the goodness and love on us that moment! :)

Emilee · Married on 10/12/2013

Elias is one of the kindest people we've ever met! He is happy and willing to work with anyone and everyone, no matter how large or small your budget. Back in 2013 he helped to throw a beautiful wedding for us in Hau'ula, and when some things didn't go as planned (none due to him!), he just rolled with the punches and kept our guests happy as the ceremony was delayed. His ability to handle the food service for the reception was one of my favorite aspects of using him as our wedding planner and day-of coordinator, as he personally oversaw the preparation and serving of a meal that all of our guests enjoyed immensely. Truly, the food was absolutely delicious! His vendors for our cake, flowers, and DJ were also spot on, as well as the beautiful home we used for our venue.

Three years later, we were able to return to Oahu for our anniversary. My husband contacted Elias just to see if we could go by our wedding venue for a little "stroll down memory lane." Instead, Elias offered to help my husband plan a vowel renewal at a beautiful horse ranch on the North Shore. We invited our close friends that live on Oahu and had a beautiful evening eating pupus and having drinks, listening to the ocean, watching the sunset followed by an incredible full moonrise, and seeing the stars. Elias has become a dear friend of ours now, and we cannot thank him enough for all he has done to aide in the start of such a wonderful marriage and beautiful life together.

With deepest gratitude,
    Emilee and Joe

Planning a destination wedding from afar can be a very stressful process--you never know what you will get until you arrive! But Elias at Laakea Ocean Wedding was very responsive and reassuring from the moment I first contacted him almost a year prior to my wedding date to help plan my Hawaii wedding long distance. He made me feel confident that what I envisioned he would be able to accomplish within my scope and budget. He had a very can-do attitude and was very involved in the wedding event when I did finally arrive in Hawaii for the big day--directing the caterers, helping with set-up or stringing up lights--very hands on and attentive to help take care of everything so I wouldn't have to worry about a thing except to just enjoy the party! Thank you Elias and your team for all your help!

Elias and Lorenzo were both great to work with and a pleasure to have experienced this special day together. They worked hard throughout the whole process to make sure our wishes were met and would always do it with a smile! Thank you again guys!

Sarah · Married on 04/20/2013

Elias at Laakea Ocean Wedding was simply AMAZING! My husband and I wanted a small beach house/ vacation rental to host our ceremony and reception as well as some of our mainland guests during their stay. We had searched many websites and took a few tours for potential venues but we hadn't found "the place". I contacted Elias and told him exactly what we were looking for. He gave us an address to meet him and as soon as we walked out through the yard to the beach, we knew it was the place! Once we had the venue, the rest was simple and Elias helped us out the rest of the way.

His easy going nature and can-do attitude made me feel confident that anything was possible! Elias has great connections with area vendors which provided us with flowers, tables, food, etc. and under our budget in most cases! And he has several items in his own inventory that allowed us to skip on expensive rentals. Elias was easily accessible and promptly answered my many emails and phone calls. He accompanied my husband and me on vendor appointments to help in facilitate the meetings and to make sure that we stayed away from the non-essential items that many brides can get talked into.

Elias was on-sight all day on the wedding day. He made sure that everything was set up properly. Many thanks to Elias and his business partner, Lorenzo, for a flawless execution of the wedding itself!!

Bryce · Married on 04/13/2013

Elias is an amazing planner, his help was invaluable to the wedding coming together and being so beautiful. We highly recommend him, as his professionalism and the quality of his work is amazing!

-Bryce & Molly

Pam · Married on 04/13/2013

Elias was a huge help for Bryce and Molly's wedding. He cared about the details of lighting, decorations, sound, food and more. He was always so friendly and kind to work with. The beach house was perfect for their ceremony! Many who attended commented that it was the most beautiful location and wedding they had ever been to!
    Can't thank him enough for making this day so special and memorable!
    Lee and Pam Stern (parents of the bride)

Garrett · Married on 03/05/2013

Saying that Elias and the rest of the Laakea Ocean Wedding group were extremely helpful is an understatement!! They helped us coordinate wedding photography, catering, seating, and entertainment with the best in the biz. Elias has a very developed and refined contact list and was able to execute the best day of our life seamlessly! We recommend Elias to everyone for weddings, events, vacation, or whatever. Next time we do anything in Hawaii we will contact Elias and Laakea Ocean Wedding to help us reserve the vacation rental we will be relaxed to stay at.

My Wife and I learned the important lesson to focus on what you are good at, especially if it is a wedding; we are not good wedding planners. Laakea is. Elias' took the stress off and allowed us to focus on our wedding, not the ruthless coordination. Anyone who is looking to do a wedding in Hawaii should contact Elias and Laakea Ocean Weddings!!

ABIOLA · Married on 02/09/2013

Elias is simply a blessing! He is nice, super friendly and warm hearted. He is not pushy nor does he force vendors on you. He looks out for your pockets too and isn’t trying to wipe you out. Lol. He is excellent for day of coordination, the set up, service, catering, bar, minister and even the entertainment was phenomenal. Elias, went above and beyond our contract...holding/storing my wedding supplies (before), sorting out an issue with the venue (after). He truly works for his brides.

As I live in Texas, had never been to Hawaii and would be there only a few days to my wedding (destination wedding / big adventure). I was very worried, nervous; about the wedding, set up, vendors, and even the planner. After MANY phone calls, countless emails and various changes, I had the wedding of my dreams…it was an absolutely beautiful day with no regrets whatsoever. Elias proved himself really and especially on the day of. I was truly impressed and had a blast.

All our guests were happy and truly had a great time. It was a huge success, many thanks to God for his blessings and for granting Elias the strength & patience for all that he does.

Many heartfelt Mahalos!

• Devon

Devon · Married on 12/07/2012

the food was superior! our guests were raving about the menu and we're glad we went with la'akea. bartender was really friendly and interacted well with everyone.

Elias was an excellent wedding planner... he was there for our every need and knew the best vendors on the Island. He met with us countless times for tastings, planning, etc.. He figured out a way to serve the food we'd like that was within our budget. On our wedding day, he set up everything perfectly! It was an amazing day!

Kristin · Married on 07/22/2012

Elias was not only a wedding planner, but a friend. He only thought of the best for us and not for anyone else. Everyone at our wedding said it was the best wedding they have ever BEEN to! I was truly impressed on the follow up he did with all the vendors, the customer service, the multiple meetings we had with him not only one on one but phone meetings, and the all around love he gave to us daily. He is truly a wedding planner I would recommend to any couple. As a local Hawaii resident, we could of picked anyone or done it ourselves, but we chose him and we would do it again all over. He has all the connections with the best food venue, flowers, desserts, photography, etc etc. If you want the BEST wedding ever, you better call La'akea Ocean Weddings. He even connected us with an awesome photographer who bent over backwards for our needs. Alyssapix Photography not only took pictures of our wedding, but went to the rehearsal luncheon and also provided video footage of our whole wedding for family that was away due to my cousin passing away from cancer and at his funeral the same day as our wedding! We couldn't of asked for a better wedding planner to plan our day that was picture perfect!

Thank you Elias for your perfect planning and we will definitely use you for our baby's 1st birthday - Hopefully real soon!

Love always,

Kristin and Jordan Bleasdale

Meaghan · Married on 07/21/2012

Elias was wonderful from the start! I currently live in Northern California, but I was born and raised on Oahu. I went to Hawaii in January 2012 to do as much wedding stuff as I could with my mother in law. I was referred to him by the staff at Loulu Palm Estate, (thanks Linda!) And from the moment I called to schedule a meet and greet Elias was super helpful! He and his staff went above and beyond to make sure our special day went smoothly. He was quick and easy to communicate with, not like some other vendors who took days, sometimes even weeks to respond to my emails. He also did a lot of extra little things, so I did not have to worry about them. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Elias to anyone near or far!!! BTW- his price is extremely reasonable! You get what you pay for and then some :)

• F

Faith · Married on 06/30/2012

Hello Brides, I know planning a wedding is a daunting task and finding a wedding planner you can trust can be just as difficult. Elias Gonzalez of Laakea Ocean Weddings is the person you want to have supporting you in your wedding planning journey. In fact, his motto is “Return the Trust,” which he certainly lives by. Elias has many years in the wedding planning business, so he can plan weddings around any budget—big or small—and can provide Full Service or Day of Services. He only cares about the happiness of the bride.

I retained Elias’ “Day-Of” services for my wedding at The Plantation Estate in Ka’a’awa. I live in California, so I had a lot of anxiety over planning my wedding in Hawaii. Over the course of a year, Elias was very attentive to my vision and responsive in helping me find the right vendors to fit my needs. He was very quick to answer phone calls and emails and even had the honesty to suggest ways to cut costs. Because Elias has his own team that sets up and staffs the ceremony and reception, you can be assured that your wedding day will run smoothly.

For my wedding, Elias really went above and beyond to plan a beautiful, intimate and elegant event for us! All of our guests raved about how AMAZING everything turned out! If you see the smile on my and my husband’s faces in Elias’ blog, it’s genuine. Brides, that’s the kind of feeling you want to have on your wedding day. You want to enjoy your day, without having to worry about any of the wedding planning details. That’s how well Elias can manage the stresses of the day for you.

Most of all, Elias is so nice and friendly, such a joy to work with—I will really miss him! Elias, thank you, Lorenzo and the rest of your team for giving us such a magical day and for making our dream wedding come to fruition! We really appreciate ALL that you and your team did to make our wedding the happiest and most memorable moment of our lives. Much Mahalo!

Laakea Ocean Wedding went above and beyond for our wedding. Our guests loved the food and the service was fantastic. They upgraded our menu with a more delicious meat dish. Everything tasted so fresh and it made our wedding a more fun and pleasant experience for not only my groom and I, but for our guest.