44 Reviews for Laakea Ocean Wedding

Accommodations (2)
Set Up (1)
Barware (1)
42 Laakea Ocean Wedding Reviews

Elias and his team were the best on our wedding day! Planning was made so fun and simple with Elias' help and input. Their day of set up was seamless and amazing. He pulled off exactly what I had envisioned, all while being so sweet to our families and friends. When the bartender was in a car accident on the way, Elias changed and jumped in to help tend bar for our night. Again, above and beyond. We loved having you as a part of our day Elias and team! XO

Profile Picture Jenny, 4/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Our impression of the work of this company was overwhelmingly positive. We contracted with them to provide day-of coordination of a beach wedding on the North Shore of Oahu. Elias suggested very creative approaches to pacing and where to stage various aspects of the event. He suggested an exciting “reveal” of the beachfront ceremony seating area after gathering guests in another part of the property. He brought polite and well-dressed wait help and coordinated food service with the caterer exactly according to our schedule. Lots of small design touches by Elias enhanced the decor of the event. This company is a FIND for anyone planning a wedding on the island of Oahu. They are pros with design flair and we are happy to recommend them without reservation.

Profile Picture Gail, 1/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Elias at Laakea Ocean Wedding was absolutely amazing! He went above and beyond in making our wedding day go smooth and a beautiful day we will never forget! We showed up to a bad situation (the house I booked was not as expected and I was in shock and tears) and he reassurred us we would still have the perfect day. I couldn't imagine that at the time because it was pretty bad upon arrival. But he did it, he somehow made it all better and pulled it all together to give us the perfect wedding. My guests would've never known how the place looked days prior. On top of that, he is one of the nicest people too! Always smiling that great smile which is exactly what we needed. Lastly, this girl is all about a budget and being frugal. At first I thought I'm spending too much, do I really need a planner? The best investment was hiring him... especially planning a wedding from another state. He knows the right people, vendors and I'm sure I would've paid a lot more without him.
We're so very thankful for all his hard work!

Profile Picture Marjie, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

I researched a lot before choosing a wedding planner. When I visited Laakea Ocean Weddings' website, I just loved their pictures and what they offer. I message them, and 3 other vendors. Eli responded right away to let me know that he received the message and set up a time to talk. His eagerness and excitement on the phone was so contagious that I knew I didn't need to look any further. When I met him, I felt reassure that I made the right decision, that Eli and his team will make my dream beach wedding come true. And so they did! Eli and his team put everything together beautifully. Always available, he listened to my wants, and he carried through my vision. As I walked down the aisle, I couldn’t stop smiling, everything was so beautiful, gorgeous! I completely and honestly recommend Laakea Ocean Wedding to be trusted with whatever wedding dream you might have, they definitely made mine (ours) a special one.
Nori

Profile Picture Norielys, 6/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware

Elias and his team were so amazing to work with and we would recommend them to anyone! His enthusiasm and confidence made us feel comfortable and really helped ease some of the wedding stress. They went above and beyond to negotiate with our vendors when there were some hiccups along the way and played a huge role in making sure our wedding day exceeded our expectations! Thank you Laakea Ocean Weddings for helping to make our special day so unforgettable!

Profile Picture Jenn, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We started planning our wedding with just over 3 months until the big day - and my then-fiance was deployed overseas. Elias was incredible during the entire process. He walked us through each step of the way, making recommendations and even decisions when we were not able to do so. He took care of all the minute details that I would have surely forgotten. We were on a tight budget, so he worked with us to come up with a plan that worked for us. He even provided us with a speaker for my iPad to play our reception music! He was wonderful to work with - once my husband returned to Hawaii a month before the wedding, we went to the North Shore to view the venue, both extremely nervous. Within minutes of sitting and talking with Elias, all of our stresses disappeared. He had the same calming "I got this" nature on the wedding day, and took care of all issues promptly and with a smile. We wish we could plan another wedding so we can work with this great team again! (Just kidding - one wedding is enough. But they were awesome!!)
Love,
Nikki and Blaze

Profile Picture User7104779, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We literally fell in love with Elias. Our communication started almost a year ago and we kept postponing our wedding due to paperwork and formalities. But this professional wedding planner never let us down. He kept the estate for us and for the dates that were convenient for all our families. We cannot express all the gratitude for the marvelous wedding and beautiful memories that Elias prepared and implemented. His friendly and open personality, excellent organizational skills, extensive connections and CHARM captured our hearts forever!
Estate - huge, clean house; spacious bridal suite; bedrooms for guests and a separate cottage with bunkbeds perfect for kids (we had 13 kids and 11 adults); lovely backyard with a gorgeous mountain view; quiet location; 5 min walk to the beach, was always empty - so it's all yours!
Catering - AWESOME job with providing chefs who cooked dinners for us. Food was always fresh and mouthwatering! Elias even made sure that everything was gluten free as some of us are allergic.
Flowers and decor - We discussed it with Elias and he promised me I'll get what I want. He kept his promise – the arch was like a replica of my dream! The bouquets, leis, flower petals for the girls - all were gorgeous and classy.
Photography - Mark surprised us with the settings. We just told him that we want pix on the beach. And he took us to a couple breathtaking places. We are looking forward to seeing them soon!
Transportation - a white convertible with 'Just Married' sign on the back! We jumped with excitement when we saw it.
Elias, THANK YOU for the wedding of my life and for becoming our friend!
PS. Did you know that this incredible guy even provided the perfect weather?! It was raining nonstop when we came. It drizzled on the wedding day but when the ceremony began, the sky opened wide blue and the sun spilled all the goodness and love on us that moment! :)

Profile Picture Irina, 3/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Elias is one of the kindest people we've ever met! He is happy and willing to work with anyone and everyone, no matter how large or small your budget. Back in 2013 he helped to throw a beautiful wedding for us in Hau'ula, and when some things didn't go as planned (none due to him!), he just rolled with the punches and kept our guests happy as the ceremony was delayed. His ability to handle the food service for the reception was one of my favorite aspects of using him as our wedding planner and day-of coordinator, as he personally oversaw the preparation and serving of a meal that all of our guests enjoyed immensely. Truly, the food was absolutely delicious! His vendors for our cake, flowers, and DJ were also spot on, as well as the beautiful home we used for our venue.

Three years later, we were able to return to Oahu for our anniversary. My husband contacted Elias just to see if we could go by our wedding venue for a little "stroll down memory lane." Instead, Elias offered to help my husband plan a vowel renewal at a beautiful horse ranch on the North Shore. We invited our close friends that live on Oahu and had a beautiful evening eating pupus and having drinks, listening to the ocean, watching the sunset followed by an incredible full moonrise, and seeing the stars. Elias has become a dear friend of ours now, and we cannot thank him enough for all he has done to aide in the start of such a wonderful marriage and beautiful life together.

With deepest gratitude,
Emilee and Joe

Profile Picture Emilee, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Planning a destination wedding from afar can be a very stressful process--you never know what you will get until you arrive! But Elias at Laakea Ocean Wedding was very responsive and reassuring from the moment I first contacted him almost a year prior to my wedding date to help plan my Hawaii wedding long distance. He made me feel confident that what I envisioned he would be able to accomplish within my scope and budget. He had a very can-do attitude and was very involved in the wedding event when I did finally arrive in Hawaii for the big day--directing the caterers, helping with set-up or stringing up lights--very hands on and attentive to help take care of everything so I wouldn't have to worry about a thing except to just enjoy the party! Thank you Elias and your team for all your help!

Profile Picture User2557860, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Elias and Lorenzo were both great to work with and a pleasure to have experienced this special day together. They worked hard throughout the whole process to make sure our wishes were met and would always do it with a smile! Thank you again guys!

Profile Picture User2691102, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Elias at Laakea Ocean Wedding was simply AMAZING! My husband and I wanted a small beach house/ vacation rental to host our ceremony and reception as well as some of our mainland guests during their stay. We had searched many websites and took a few tours for potential venues but we hadn't found "the place". I contacted Elias and told him exactly what we were looking for. He gave us an address to meet him and as soon as we walked out through the yard to the beach, we knew it was the place! Once we had the venue, the rest was simple and Elias helped us out the rest of the way.

His easy going nature and can-do attitude made me feel confident that anything was possible! Elias has great connections with area vendors which provided us with flowers, tables, food, etc. and under our budget in most cases! And he has several items in his own inventory that allowed us to skip on expensive rentals. Elias was easily accessible and promptly answered my many emails and phone calls. He accompanied my husband and me on vendor appointments to help in facilitate the meetings and to make sure that we stayed away from the non-essential items that many brides can get talked into.

Elias was on-sight all day on the wedding day. He made sure that everything was set up properly. Many thanks to Elias and his business partner, Lorenzo, for a flawless execution of the wedding itself!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/20/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Elias is an amazing planner, his help was invaluable to the wedding coming together and being so beautiful. We highly recommend him, as his professionalism and the quality of his work is amazing!

-Bryce & Molly

Profile Picture Bryce, 4/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Elias was a huge help for Bryce and Molly's wedding. He cared about the details of lighting, decorations, sound, food and more. He was always so friendly and kind to work with. The beach house was perfect for their ceremony! Many who attended commented that it was the most beautiful location and wedding they had ever been to!
Can't thank him enough for making this day so special and memorable!
Lee and Pam Stern (parents of the bride)

Profile Picture Pam , 4/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Saying that Elias and the rest of the Laakea Ocean Wedding group were extremely helpful is an understatement!! They helped us coordinate wedding photography, catering, seating, and entertainment with the best in the biz. Elias has a very developed and refined contact list and was able to execute the best day of our life seamlessly! We recommend Elias to everyone for weddings, events, vacation, or whatever. Next time we do anything in Hawaii we will contact Elias and Laakea Ocean Wedding to help us reserve the vacation rental we will be relaxed to stay at.

My Wife and I learned the important lesson to focus on what you are good at, especially if it is a wedding; we are not good wedding planners. Laakea is. Elias' took the stress off and allowed us to focus on our wedding, not the ruthless coordination. Anyone who is looking to do a wedding in Hawaii should contact Elias and Laakea Ocean Weddings!!

Profile Picture Garrett, 3/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Elias is simply a blessing! He is nice, super friendly and warm hearted. He is not pushy nor does he force vendors on you. He looks out for your pockets too and isn’t trying to wipe you out. Lol. He is excellent for day of coordination, the set up, service, catering, bar, minister and even the entertainment was phenomenal. Elias, went above and beyond our contract...holding/storing my wedding supplies (before), sorting out an issue with the venue (after). He truly works for his brides.

As I live in Texas, had never been to Hawaii and would be there only a few days to my wedding (destination wedding / big adventure). I was very worried, nervous; about the wedding, set up, vendors, and even the planner. After MANY phone calls, countless emails and various changes, I had the wedding of my dreams…it was an absolutely beautiful day with no regrets whatsoever. Elias proved himself really and especially on the day of. I was truly impressed and had a blast.

All our guests were happy and truly had a great time. It was a huge success, many thanks to God for his blessings and for granting Elias the strength & patience for all that he does.

Many heartfelt Mahalos!

Profile Picture ABIOLA, 2/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning

the food was superior! our guests were raving about the menu and we're glad we went with la'akea. bartender was really friendly and interacted well with everyone.

Profile Picture Devon, 12/7/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Elias was an excellent wedding planner... he was there for our every need and knew the best vendors on the Island. He met with us countless times for tastings, planning, etc.. He figured out a way to serve the food we'd like that was within our budget. On our wedding day, he set up everything perfectly! It was an amazing day!

Profile Picture User2888361, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Elias was not only a wedding planner, but a friend. He only thought of the best for us and not for anyone else. Everyone at our wedding said it was the best wedding they have ever BEEN to! I was truly impressed on the follow up he did with all the vendors, the customer service, the multiple meetings we had with him not only one on one but phone meetings, and the all around love he gave to us daily. He is truly a wedding planner I would recommend to any couple. As a local Hawaii resident, we could of picked anyone or done it ourselves, but we chose him and we would do it again all over. He has all the connections with the best food venue, flowers, desserts, photography, etc etc. If you want the BEST wedding ever, you better call La'akea Ocean Weddings. He even connected us with an awesome photographer who bent over backwards for our needs. Alyssapix Photography not only took pictures of our wedding, but went to the rehearsal luncheon and also provided video footage of our whole wedding for family that was away due to my cousin passing away from cancer and at his funeral the same day as our wedding! We couldn't of asked for a better wedding planner to plan our day that was picture perfect!

Thank you Elias for your perfect planning and we will definitely use you for our baby's 1st birthday - Hopefully real soon!

Love always,

Kristin and Jordan Bleasdale

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Elias was wonderful from the start! I currently live in Northern California, but I was born and raised on Oahu. I went to Hawaii in January 2012 to do as much wedding stuff as I could with my mother in law. I was referred to him by the staff at Loulu Palm Estate, (thanks Linda!) And from the moment I called to schedule a meet and greet Elias was super helpful! He and his staff went above and beyond to make sure our special day went smoothly. He was quick and easy to communicate with, not like some other vendors who took days, sometimes even weeks to respond to my emails. He also did a lot of extra little things, so I did not have to worry about them. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Elias to anyone near or far!!! BTW- his price is extremely reasonable! You get what you pay for and then some :)

Profile Picture Meaghan, 7/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hello Brides, I know planning a wedding is a daunting task and finding a wedding planner you can trust can be just as difficult. Elias Gonzalez of Laakea Ocean Weddings is the person you want to have supporting you in your wedding planning journey. In fact, his motto is “Return the Trust,” which he certainly lives by. Elias has many years in the wedding planning business, so he can plan weddings around any budget—big or small—and can provide Full Service or Day of Services. He only cares about the happiness of the bride.

I retained Elias’ “Day-Of” services for my wedding at The Plantation Estate in Ka’a’awa. I live in California, so I had a lot of anxiety over planning my wedding in Hawaii. Over the course of a year, Elias was very attentive to my vision and responsive in helping me find the right vendors to fit my needs. He was very quick to answer phone calls and emails and even had the honesty to suggest ways to cut costs. Because Elias has his own team that sets up and staffs the ceremony and reception, you can be assured that your wedding day will run smoothly.

For my wedding, Elias really went above and beyond to plan a beautiful, intimate and elegant event for us! All of our guests raved about how AMAZING everything turned out! If you see the smile on my and my husband’s faces in Elias’ blog, it’s genuine. Brides, that’s the kind of feeling you want to have on your wedding day. You want to enjoy your day, without having to worry about any of the wedding planning details. That’s how well Elias can manage the stresses of the day for you.

Most of all, Elias is so nice and friendly, such a joy to work with—I will really miss him! Elias, thank you, Lorenzo and the rest of your team for giving us such a magical day and for making our dream wedding come to fruition! We really appreciate ALL that you and your team did to make our wedding the happiest and most memorable moment of our lives. Much Mahalo!

Profile Picture Faith, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laakea Ocean Wedding went above and beyond for our wedding. Our guests loved the food and the service was fantastic. They upgraded our menu with a more delicious meat dish. Everything tasted so fresh and it made our wedding a more fun and pleasant experience for not only my groom and I, but for our guest.

Profile Picture User2550006, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Elias and his team were so wonderful. Elias was always professional and he responded to my emails efficiently. Our wedding which was held at Loulu Palm Estate was breakthtaking and Elias and his team created a beautiful ceremony set up. The reception was at Ola Restaurant at Turtle Bay, the area was transformed and I was speechless. The food was fantastic and the staff extremely energetic and friendly, the musician was extremely talented and our guests were so impressed. Elias organised great suppliers for our day. I would recommend this company to anyone looking at tying the knot in Hawaii. I wish Elias and his team all the best and thank them for giving us a beautiful memorable destination wedding

Profile Picture Amber, 6/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Elias and his team were exceptional. They went above and beyond to ensure every detail was considered, every worry addressed and every moment was memorable. My wedding was absolutely breath-taking and a dream come true. Elias planned an intimate beach wedding, rehearsal dinner and reception and booked the transportation, chefs, live music, make-up, room and board, photography and more! (I live in Michigan) Every person that attended the wedding was very complimentary of him and his team and the experience of it all. If a bride is looking for a wedding planner with integrity and trust and who truly cares about making the brides day the most memorable ever, I highly recommend Laakea Ocean Wedding. They definitely exceeded my expectations.

Profile Picture Jovan , 5/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Elias was SO great!! He recommended some really great vendors that were in my price range!! He was quick to respond every time I had a question, no matter what time of day or day of the week. And every time I spoke with him he was really good at reassuring me that it was all going to be perfect, Elias has a great way of making you feel at ease about everything throughout the planning process. I am from Oahu originally, but I live in LA now, so it was hard to plan a wedding without being there to taste the food and see the venue, etc. I put all my trust in Elias, and I am so happy with the way everything turned out!
Elias and his crew were so full of Aloha, and they did an amazing job, my wedding day was truy a magical and wonderful experience and I am so grateful that I found Elias to be a part of that!!! Many Mahalos To Elias and his crew at La'akea Ocean Weddings!!!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 4/20/12, 6 Reviews