La Rouge Artistry - On Location Hair & Makeup Reviews

La Rouge Artistry - On Location Hair & Makeup 1
La Rouge Artistry - On Location Hair & Makeup 2

Sofia · Married on 09/23/2018

Beautiful hair and makeup

La Rouge helped make me and my ladies look and feel beautiful for my big day. Rachel is a true artist and professional. She was always responsive, she helped me achieve exactly the look I was going for and her and her team brought out my bridesmaids and moms natural beauty. I recommend La Rouge to anybody in need of hair and makeup.

La Rouge Artistry - On Location Hair & Makeup 3
    La Rouge Artistry - On Location Hair & Makeup 4
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 08/25/2018

Gorgeous Styling & Fantastic Pro Team!

La Rouge provided gorgeous hair and makeup for myself and my three bridesmaids on my wedding day. Crystal and Chaney were fantastic! They accommodated all the different style requests from my wedding party and made us feel pampered, relaxed and beautified - exactly what you want on the morning of your wedding! Crystal perfectly replicated the look she had created for my hair/makeup trial. She provided great ideas, and also did an amazing job working off of some sample photos I shared. I got tons of compliments! Rachel and her team were wonderful to communicate with throughout the planning process. They also created a great schedule and kept us on track on the day-of. Thank you to the La Rouge team!

Lindsay · Married on 08/11/2018

Just amazing!!!

La Rouge was amazing for my wedding. Not only did I feel beautiful, but my bridesmaids and my mom all loved their hair and make up looks. We also thought Rachel and her team were so professional, kind, and calming on a stressful day!

Brianna · Married on 04/07/2018

La Rouge Artistry was the best! I was recommended to them by a friend, and they did not disappoint in the least. Rachel was very responsive and able to accommodate my needs for hair and makeup for my wedding in Santa Barbara. They came to our hotel room and Joelle provided airbrush makeup and individual lashes for myself and a couple members of my bridal party, and Chaney worked on our hair. The two of them were professional, punctual, and did a fantastic job--better than I could have imagined!

Jennifer · Married on 01/20/2018

Rachel is amazing! Just 2 weeks before my wedding, she met me on a Sunday for a hair and makeup trial after I had a bad experience with another stylist. From the moment I walked in the door, I knew I was in good hands. She is so talented and gave me the hair and makeup I wanted. I asked her to keep the makeup simple, and she delivered. Her team came to my venue and did hair and makeup for both moms, myself, and 3 other girls. They were so professional, on time, stayed on schedule, and brought all the equipment and products needed. Everybody looked amazing for the wedding. I am so lucky I found Rachel and that she could take care of us on my special day. Thank you!

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2017

Rachel is the best - talented, professional, and amazingly kind! She did a fantastic job creating exactly the look I was trying to achieve for my engagement photos and again for my wedding! She was also organized every step of the way - she made hair and make-up trials and payment a breeze.

She and her associate stylist Crystal also did an amazing job on hair and makeup for my three bridesmaids, my mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law on my wedding day. Everyone loved the services they received. I highly recommend La Rouge to anyone getting married in the Ventura County and L.A. area!

Amber · Married on 05/06/2017

I cannot say enough about the La Rouge team! I had a bridal trial with Rachel for my engagement photos and clicked with her right away. That same day I booked my wedding with her and her team! My bridal party absolutely loved their hair and makeup and had a great experience with her team. I highly recommend La Rouge for any kind of hair and makeup because no matter what you use them for, you know it'll be perfect! I cannot wait to be able to use them again!

Cerita · Married on 02/19/2017

From the first consultation, I knew that Rachel had to do my makeup and hair for my big day. Her staff was incredibly accommodating and with a diverse group of women was able to cater to people's individual hair and makeup needs. The salon La Rouge Artistry has in SB too is perfectly located in the city! It was a 4 block drive to the ceremony venue! Finding another reason to get my hair and makeup professionally done again soon to use them.

Vanessa · Married on 01/01/2017

Rachel is the best! She was the most responsive and best priced person that I contacted and I could not have been happier with my hair and makeup. She nailed it! I received so many compliments. Rachel and her assistant came to our house and were so relaxed and fun; we had a blast getting ready together. If I ever need hair and makeup again in Santa Barbara, Rachel will be the only one I call!

Grace · Married on 10/22/2016

I used La Rouge Artistry for my small, elopement style wedding in Santa Barbara 3 weeks ago. From the first time I contacted Rachel, I knew this would be a great fit. Rachel was responsive, easy going, and extremely accommodating of my every request. On the day of the wedding, Rachel and her other artist, Chaney, made the bridal party feel completely at ease during the hair and makeup process. I did not get nervous at any point that morning (in fact, we had fun!) and I attribute much of that to the professionalism of La Rouge Artistry! My hair and makeup were absolutely PERFECT and I have gotten a ton of compliments about my hair style and makeup from friends and family that have seen our wedding photos. I can't say enough about how special Rachel made me feel that day, and I would HIGHLY recommend her and her team for any hair and makeup needs! Thank you, La Rouge!

Julie · Married on 10/01/2016

Rachel was amazing! I booked her kind of last minute if you are talking wedding timelines (5 weeks out) and she responded right away with a quote and we had contracts signed and deposits done within days of us first talking. She also was able to book me last minute and come out to my house to do my hair and makeup trial the day of my bridal shower. She did exactly what I asked for, hair up and natural light make-up but at the end of the day I just didn’t like it. I told her exactly what I did and didn’t like and we did an entire different look for the actual wedding day that was PERFECT!! She also did my three maid-of-honors/bridesmaids and they looked amazing as well!! We were all so in sync’d it was amazing! Rachel also ended up actually lacing up my dress for me since we were running behind and she was way faster than anyone else there. Oh and I she so graciously cut my 2-year old niece’s bangs for us that morning of the wedding too!! She is way more than just hair and makeup!! I totally recommend!!

Stacey · Married on 04/23/2016

I booked La Rouge Artistry for my wedding and I cannot say enough good things about Rachel and her team. Dani was very professional and the process of booking and payment was very straightforward and simple, not to mention more affordable than many of the other companies I researched. Rachel did my hair and makeup for my wedding and it was exactly as I wanted it, I couldn't have been happier! She is also a lot of fun to work with and a nice calming presence during what can be a very hectic time. I had seven bridesmaids who also got their hair and makeup done and La Rouge made sure to send enough stylists so that everyone was done on time with no rushing or stress. All the girls loved how their hair and makeup turned out!

Jen · Married on 04/02/2016

Rachel and Dani were fantastic! Highly recommend this company and team to any bride getting married. Correspondence was quick, efficient, and part of the same email chain. As the bride, Rachel had only my best interest at heart. The trial was several months before the wedding and went well; it was a great opportunity to talk and share ideas. The day of, Rachel had my back and kept me focused on positive thoughts. She participated in the bridesmaids conversations without inserting herself as one of us, which made it fun to have her in the room with us. My hair and makeup turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I loved everything about it. I felt like me, but elevated. As I was getting ready, she cleaned up and slipped out unnoticed not causing any concern for herself. I loved that Rachel was part of my day. She made me feel special and beautiful. I can't say enough about her, her team, and her work.

JULIE · Married on 12/19/2015

My sister booked RACHEL to do my hair as a gift for myself for our wedding. Boy was she nice. She was patient. Spending time with her was relaxing and she knew exactly what to do. She was amazing. I felt like we had been friends forever. I certainly will recommend her services.

Stephanie · Married on 10/10/2015

La Rouge Makeup and Artistry was wonderful to work with for my wedding! Dani, the events director, was very responsive and accommodating. My makeup artist, Louie, did an amazing job on my makeup and hair. I didn't have a lot of requests, just a few suggestions for hair and my only request for makeup was "natural" and "not to heavy". I was pleased with the results at the trial session, but on the wedding day my makeup turned out even better than I expected! I got a lot of compliments and the makeup and hair looked great in person and in photographs.

I would highly recommend La Rouge Makeup and Artistry--and ask for Louie if you can!

• User5204184 · 2+ years ago

All my bridesmaids and I loved working with La Rouge. All my friends were extremely happy with their hair and makeup. Rachel worked on myself and did exactly what I had in mind. Everyone told me that my hair and makeup represented my personality.
    I was planning my wedding from long distance and Dani was amazing to work with and she made it super easy to arrange everything through email before the wedding. I couldn't travel to get a trial with them and I still my makeup turned out just as I thought, but I'm sure it would be great to have a trial with them beforehand to minimize stress on the day.
    They are all very professional and their prices are unbeatable. I will definitely recommend working with them.

Brigitta · Married on 09/12/2015

I can not say enough great things about Rachel and the entire La Rouge team. Working with Dani through the booking and invoice process was a breeze – she was very responsive and answered all of my questions. My initial trial with Rachel was wonderful, she immediately made me feel comfortable and listened to what I said I wanted and as my desires changed she worked with them. She even took my extensions home after the trial to cut them to the correct length.

The day of my wedding, everyone was punctual and ready to go. Between the four artists, my seven bridesmaids, myself and my mother everything ran on time and everyone was more than happy with their results. Rachel made sure that all of the work was done met her standards – even if another artist had completed it and she made sure hair and make up was touched up before she left. I know that with Rachel’s expertise I felt especially beautiful on my wedding day.

I can’t recommend La Rouge enough and I will absolutely be using them again should I ever have hair and make up needs in the area! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Caitlin · Married on 07/11/2015

I was so happy with my hair and make-up by Nataly from La Rouge Artistry. I have very curly hair and am very particular about how it's handled. Everything looked gorgeous and I loved how Nataly helped me stay calm and experiment until we found the right plan. Thank you!

Sarah · Married on 05/08/2015

La Rouge Artistry was perfect for my wedding hair and make-up! I coordinated primarily through email, sending photos and discussing ideas. Then I met with the owner, Rachel in person for a hair and make-up trial and was completely blown away by her skills! We got along great and it felt like I had a close friend come over on my wedding day to make me feel beautiful. They also did hair and make-up for my family and everyone looked gorgeous! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for beauty services.

Meghan · Married on 10/25/2014

Wonderful service and flexible even at the last minute adding two girls.

Michaela · Married on 10/12/2014

Rachel and her team did the hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids and the moms for my wedding and they were fantastic. I don't wear a lot of makeup, so was hesitant to get it done professionally, but Rachel did an amazing job of making me look super natural, but I felt gorgeous. I had a bunch of different ideas of how I wanted my hair done, and Rachel tried out a few different styles at my trial and came up with an amazing low side bun that stayed up all night and was the perfect look for a beach wedding. I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup and felt gorgeous, which is exactly how you want to feel on your wedding day!

Karla · Married on 10/12/2014

AMAZING work, they are a fabulous team, made me feel and look so beautiful! everyone still talks about my heair and make up, Im so glad i chose them to pamper me on my wedding day! and all my girls looked so beautiful as well!!!

Claire · Married on 09/27/2014

AMAZING! I loved working with Rachel every step of the process. She is very professional, and really listened to what I wanted. I arranged for La Rouge to do hair and makeup for me, my 6 bridesmaids, and 2 of the moms, so they definitely had their work cut out for them. Rachel, Ashleigh, and Farrah were on time, friendly, fun and made everyone look beautiful. The makeup was really natural looking, which I really appreciated. ALL of my bridesmaids were in love with their hair and makeup, and were really happy with the team. Even though we had a full schedule of hair and makeup, we were finished early which gave us extra time for pre-wedding pictures. I would 100% recommend La Rouge Artistry and am so grateful for their hard work!

Marilia · Married on 09/13/2014

I had a great experience with La Rouge Artistry for my wedding hair and make up. I did a trial a couple of weeks before the wedding to discuss better the style I wanted and have a bit more flexibility in changing things if needed be.
    Crystal was my makeup/hair artist and she was great. I showed her some pictures of the styles that I had in mind and she was able to adapt them the best way with my hair type and look.
    I was very happy with the hairdo and makeup in both the trial and wedding day and was so impressed how long- lasting the hair and makeup were on the wedding day. It was a beautiful hot day and both the hair and makeup stayed beautiful and fresh all day/night long.
    Crystal also suggested me to do lashes, which I was determined not to from the beginning because I wanted a very natural look. I am so happy she did as the lashes enhanced the look of my eyes and looked great in the pictures but natural enough to not be too prominent.
    I’d recommend La Rouge Artistry for a wedding makeup/hair style as I was very pleased with their service and professionalism.

Shana · Married on 04/12/2014

Rachel, the owner of La Rouge Artistry, was able to provide hair and makeup at my wedding. After several frustrating weeks of calling overpriced Santa Barbara hair/makeup companies that had a six-service minimum, or would not travel on site, I was about to throw my hands up in the air when I found Rachel. Thank goodness!

From the first phone call Rachel was warm, completely organized, had no service minimum, and had perfectly reasonable rates. We had a great trial at her home. My fine, straight hair stayed wavy and thick for days after the trial! She was totally open to suggestions with my makeup and understood that I did not want a thick makeup appearance.

On the wedding day she arrived early and kept me calm. I got complements on my hair all night.. she was really able to capture the soft romantic look I was wanting.

I hope I have another occasion in my life to get glammed up, cause I would hire Rachel again in a second!