La Mirage Reviews

29 Reviews for La Mirage

• Aurimar

Aurimar Suarez · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Very informative

They walked us through the whole building, explained very detailed what they had to offer and were very open to personal opinions.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Elisabeth Calandro · Married on 09/26/2020

Good experience

I am very happy with the wedding packages and the beautiful gardens

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Destineze

Destineze Monsanto · Married on 07/21/2019

Great experience

While taking the tour they made the conversation easy and seem less.

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Ayers Ringuette · Married on 10/13/2018

Great Value. Beautiful Venue.

We met Bud a year before our wedding and booked with La Mirage mainly because of the value and location. As we worked with Bud over the past year, we realized that Bud knows weddings like the back of his hand. He quickly put us at ease during the last couple of months of our wedding planning by answering all of our questions and walking us through the entire process. The wedding day was perfect and the Crystal room was decorated as we requested. Everyone raved about the quality of the venue and the food. We would highly recommend La Mirage for any special events. Thank you, Bud, for making our dream wedding a reality.
    Steph & Mark

Sent on 10/23/2018

Rosalind · Married on 06/24/2017

My day started out like Murphys Law, they made it all better.... My Best Day Ever!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Joe&jamie · event on: 12/05/2014

Very good party was really nice staff was great and food

Alleah · Married on 11/08/2014

Had a fabulous time would book this venue again.

Sent on 11/15/2014

Joe&jamie · Married on 09/27/2014

They were very nice and set the place up beatiful

Sent on 12/12/2014

wedding was great, food was plenty and very good, room was beautiful,everything was great. only thing I would do over I would hire my own D.J. the one we had should give it up he sucked not intervention

Sent on 01/17/2015

Joe&jamie · event on: 10/30/2013

Nice very good. Once again food and staff was great like always

Magdalena · Married on 09/21/2013

It's a paradise, the wedding at their place was a dream come true.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Margaret · Married on 08/25/2012

Ladies this is the place for your Wedding. Bud was GREAT. The food is more than you expect .

Sent on 10/07/2012

Nancy and Ken · Married on 09/19/2009

We got married here almost 5 years ago and it was the most wonderful day of our lives. The food was great, the grounds were beautiful, the ceremony was perfect and our guests still talk about the wonderful day they had. It was such a pleasure working with the owner, Bud as well. We highly recommend La Mirage!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Alba · Married on 11/01/2008

They did an excellent job on our wedding reception. They matched colors perfectly and did everything I asked them to do with no hesitations!

Sent on 11/23/2008

Shauna · Married on 07/29/2018

Man, I must say that after reading some of these reviews I had reservations about coming here. We decided to follow through based on our experience with Bud and Linda and I have absolutely no regrets. All meetings and phone conversations were pleasant, informative and helpful. They gave us suggestions and not once tried to pressure us into purchasing extra. They gave us prices of services and extras we inquired about and made suggestions on a few things we had not thought of. Bud and Linda was very respectful of our desires for our wedding and also of our wedding guests. The place was amazing and everything promised and agreed upon for the day of was delivered. The food was delicious and all my guests was very happy! Everyone commented on how beautiful the grounds were. My only regret was I felt I didn't take it all in more. My wedding went smoothly despite me being a little late and Bud assisted my day of coordinator with everything she needed. His speech for the cake cutting was funny and well appreciated and he always asked permission before doing anything my MC would be doing. Despite us having a day of coordinator he was still present to make sure we stayed on schedule (not in a controlling way) and it was very much appreciated. After the major events passed, he went to his office and was not seen again until it was time to go. I cannot speak on the negative reviews on here but what I will say, based on our experience is that it is worth a try. (Also, there were absolutely no hidden fees or surprises anywhere. Everything was upfront and never changed).

Sent on 08/13/2018

We got married at La Mirage in November 2013. We had to reschedule our wedding date and Bud, the owner, was very understanding. I'm not sure why other people had a different experience? I found him to be a very nice older gentleman with lots of helpful information. I do wish I had purchased an additional hour -- my ceremony started late so there wasn't as much time for dancing. But overall we were very pleased.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Bud and his team at LaMirage made our wedding memorable . We shopped around at Mose wedding venues in the state only to come across this hidden gem last ! Bud was extremely upfront and honest about everything that you could possibly think of . They guide you through every step of the way . Linda was also very helpful and offers amazing deal on wedding invitations ! I cannot say thank you enough to the staff at LaMirage for the perfect day !

Sent on 06/17/2016

kimberly · Married on 08/16/2008

3.5

wonderful place to have reception, beautiful grdens for photos!

Sent on 01/06/2009

Cheryl · Married on 04/20/2018

Just held my daughter's wedding April 2018, very pleased. Grounds were well maintained food was good , staff was helpful and inconspicuous. Would have liked a second choice for chicken at buffet. Overall, guest had a wonderful time, thanks Bud and Linda great job!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Angie · Married on 06/17/2017

2.5

My day was amazing!! Every detail was put the way I wanted it Bud really knew how to keep everything in order. He does come off as a little rude but I learned it was part of his persona. He has a sense of humor and really knows how to handle the venue day of. Food was amazing and up to speed as well as the bartender. I was content with the fact they fed the bridal party and drinks while we took pictures we were starving!! Worth every penny!!

Sent on 07/05/2017
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 10/27/2018

3.6

Venue great, owner questionable

The food amazing,venue beautifully and amazing and loving. Open bar great,price of venue was great and cheap for my low budget. The owners where my only big issues at first they where great then the days before my wedding the were rude and mean... my whole ceremony was rushed and the setup and the process leading to my wedding... I would say great venue but the kids need to take over dads business.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Sinath · Married on 05/06/2006

3.2
      3.5
      2.5

The only negative comments I have regarding this venue is the parking lot and bathroom. The parking lot needs to be bigger. The bathroom was a bit dirty for a fancy reception hall.

Sent on 07/31/2008

Stephanie · Married on 07/16/2016

2.2
      1.5

We signed a contract with La Mirage last year for a specific package, which came at a specific price per guest. We understood signing a contract locks you into a certain price point for a certain service(s). From the time we signed up until 10 days before our wedding, Bud was very friendly and easy to work with. However, at our final meeting when we saw him to give our final numbers this is where everything changed. On that day, we were presented with our final receipt. The number was a little higher than we had expected, so we didn’t say anything then. Two days later, we went back to La Mirage and asked to speak to Bud. As we had paid about 90% of the bill, we asked him to break down the cost. We learned that he had raised the price $2.00 per guest without notifying us prior. Before we could say a word, he blurted out “it’s in your contract”. We reluctantly got his check to pay in full given that we had done months of planning for our wedding day that was just about a week away. We couldn’t go anywhere else to have our wedding, and he knew that. In our contract we found a very small clause that states the wedding cost is based on current market value or something similar. We feel like we were deceived with the way it was handled. Also, the time listed in the packages (5 hour reception, etc.) includes your ceremony time which was not what we understood. We understood that starting the clock starts ticking at cocktail hour. It actually starts ticking at the time they advise the bride to arrive, 15 minutes prior to the ceremony. So the 15 minute early arrival, 30 minute ceremony both cut into your “5 hour package”. And be prepared to clean up at the end of the night. The rental company was told they had to return that night to pick them up (again, not what we understood) and we also had to pack up our own toasting glasses, cake serving set, table numbers, etc. Not a huge deal, but not exactly what you want to be doing after a long day in your wedding gown

Sent on 08/26/2016

Joy · Married on 09/10/2017

1.8
      0.5

Having my wedding at La Mirage had some good moments, but mostly bad experiences! I had my ceremony and reception on site and days' leading up to the wedding was horrible. The owner name is Bud and he is extremely rude, his assistant name is Linda, well at least that is what we were told by Bud at our first meeting, but soon as there's miscommunications about pricing for kids bud stated Linda only answers the phone, yet she was with Bud during our first sit down to decide if we wanted to have the wedding there. When we first looked at the place we fall in love; the waterfall, the garden, the ballroom, access to the garden area for the entire wedding and Bud and Linda were so nice, so we thought! If me and my husband did not already paid so much down on the deposit we would have went somewhere else. They are both extremely rude, how can you have a business with no customer service! They both live on site which was not the issue until Linda open the door one day in only a shirt, that's right a piece of short shirt like she just rolled out of bed even though me and my husband had an appointment so they should have been excepting us. Linda gives wrong information on the cost of packages and even pressured me to do more services through her because she does invitations and is an officiant; she called me over three times and left messages on my voicemail even though I told her I am shopping around and will get back to her. I will not recommendation booking a wedding at La Mirage.

Sent on 10/03/2017
  • Moo

moo music · Married on 10/01/2019

1.6

I wish I knew better

Buyer Beware!!! a "Class Act" is what they proposed. Bud and Linda are an act indeed, but class i think not.
    I wish I would have read reviews for this venue
    prior to booking. The worst experience ever! Bud and Linda are very "seasoned" personnel and set in their ways.
    As a bride/groom, I would advise against using this place. Although a very nice venue, their operations of business are outdated and very much inconvenient. At times rude and moody and other times appear helpful and concern, BIPOLAR. no credit cards or debit cards accepted. They hate communicating via email. Money orders or cashiers checks only. A few days prior to my ceremony my price was increased, even though we were making monthly payments for over a year, we weren't notified the 2$ increase per person was implemented until 7 days prior to the wedding. We had to come up with an additional $3,000 and were even threaten with cancellation of our wedding and their attorney if we didn't come up with the final payment before our rehearsal date. I have voicemails from Bud accusing me of trying to "play" him when I have never given this man 1 indication of any such thing, as I stated earlier we made monthly payments for over a year, no defaults. To be accused of this was appalling. Bud and I got into a screaming match on the phone so badly My son had to come out his room to see what was going on. 10pm at night my Fiance and I drove to drop of cashier check to this man, when we could have simply brought him this the following day which was our rehearsal. Receipts/documentations are hand written, not legible, and mailed back weeks after payments sent, because as Linda stated she
    " doesn't get to the post office as often". Phone calls after normal business hours, sometimes as late as 11pm and if you do not pick up expect at least 4-5 calls back to back. I would never-ever recommend working with this place. I have experienced more anxiety dealing with these two than I have the excitement I should of been for the wedding..Bummer.

Sent on 09/04/2019