La Mer Ensembles Reviews

12 | Forked River, NJ

12 Reviews for La Mer Ensembles

• Diane

Diane D · Getting married on 07/07/2022

Absolutely beautiful music !! Extraordinary !!

I wanted to take my daughter’s wedding reception extra special and I am so happy I had the amazing Cellist Mayumi and Violinist James play for the first hour of their reception. Because of Covid, there was no DJ or dancing allowed, but their music added elegance and joy to our event. All my guests were super impressed. Next year, we will have another celebration, and will have them come back. Highly recommend, well worth it !!

Sent on 08/28/2020

Hi Diane!

Thank you so much! We really enjoyed playing for your daughter's reception. It was so nice working with you! Thank you for your kind words :)

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

This ensemble is incredible, and they exceeded all of our expectations. The talent they shared truly made our wedding ceremony extra special.

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Vogel · Married on 06/28/2019

Thank you, La Mer!

Do not look any further than La Mer to perform on your wedding day!! We booked a quartet at Atlantic City Country Club, and it was just perfect. Mayumi is a real professional. She was extremely timely in answering emails at all times of the day and accommodated all music selection requests. Unfortunately, I did not hear much of their music on our wedding day except for my entrance and our exit, but we had multiple guests who raved about how full the music sounded and really added to the atmosphere of our wedding. La Mer was so easy to work with and I cannot thank them enough for adding to the beauty of our incredible day!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Andrew · Married on 10/14/2018

They made my proposal the best. Mayumi was super easy to work with and very willing to accommodate my requests and date changes. They played all the songs I requested, even if it wasn't something they had played before. She went out of her way to meet me where I was proposing and got an idea of what I was doing to make sure their part was done right. Extremely reasonable priced compared to others in the area (although they were far from where I was proposing, they made their way there anyway). I would definitely recommend La Mer to everyone! I will definitely look for an opportunity to work with them again!! Thank you so much for making my proposal perfect!

Sent on 08/17/2016

La Mer Ensembles's reply:

Your proposal is going to be one of the most memorable events we have played and will play. I'll never forget how much thought and detail went into it. It was so beautiful. Thank you for your kind words and having us part of this incredible event!

Rebecca · Married on 10/13/2018

Phenomenal Music to Set Your Wedding Apart

La Mer Ensemble was an amazing addition to our wedding. They were very easy to work with and provided such lovely ambiance with their eclectic options for music, the perfect choice for our brunch wedding! I walked down the aisle to Ed Sheeran's Perfect and the tears were already welling up the minute I heard them start long before I got down the aisle. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/17/2018

David · Married on 06/21/2018

I booked La Mer Ensembles through Gigmasters to play a private concert in our home as a surprise for my wife for our 10th Anniversary. Mayumi & James were outstanding, they made the experience so memorable. It was perfect!

Sent on 07/17/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2017

Spectacular Performers!

During both the ceremony, and cocktail hour, our guests were treated to elegant renditions flawlessly executed by La Mer Ensemble. In particular, our entrance music - Indiana Jones, Marry You, and La Vie En Rose were exactly how we dreamt it up. During cocktail hour, the Game of Thrones theme song was met with excitement and we were so happy to have decided to have La Mer be part of our special day.

Sent on 08/27/2019

Laura · Married on 04/22/2017

We used La Mer Ensembles for ceremony music. They are very accommodating and did a wonderful job!

Sent on 04/30/2017

La Mer Ensembles's reply:

Thank you, Laura! We enjoyed playing for your ceremony. Best wishes to you and your new husband! :)
  • Helena

Helena · Married on 10/22/2016

LME is a very talented group of musicians and was a pleasure to work with leading up to my wedding! They were quick to respond to emails and I found they were collaborative in the planning process. They allowed me to choose all of my ceremony & cocktail hour music, and all our guests were impressed by the wide variety of classical & current pop music that they heard throughout the evening! I also desperately needed a speaker/sound system for our ceremony, and LME was very accommodating by bringing their sound system so that our efficient, readers, and vows could be heard by all of our guests, albiet outside the typical duty of a string group!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Cristina · Married on 05/27/2016

Mayumi was extremely helpful and made this part of the wedding planning very easy and enjoyable! They performed beautifully and seamlessly integrated the music into our wedding ceremony. I highly recommend La Mer Ensembles!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Rebecca · Married on 05/20/2016

James and Mayumi did an exceptional job playing at our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour in Avalon, NJ. Mayumi was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls. We enjoyed choosing from their wide selection of songs. We are glad we chose to work with them!

Sent on 04/08/2017

Anna · Married on 09/08/2012

La Mer Ensembles did an excellent job with providing us with our ceremony music. James was very professional, accomodating and easy to work with. All of our guests were impressed with the quality of music that was played and La Mer did an exceptional job with making sure that we were happy with the music selections. They were also very flexible - I asked them to play "All You Need Is Love" for our recessional and not only did they play our request but they did a wonderful job doing so! What sets La Mer Ensembles apart from other musicians is the tremendous talent each musician possessed. They are very professional, accomodating, friendly and very easy to work with - working with them helped make the wedding planning process a stress-free one! Overall, La Mer Ensembles did a great job and I highly recommend this very talented group to brides looking for excellent and reliable musicians!

Sent on 10/29/2012