18 Reviews for La Escondida Celebration Center

Covered Outdoor (3)
Aisle Markers (3)
Barware (3)
Flatware (3)
All Inclusive Packages (2)
Event Rentals (2)
Tent Accessories (1)
Tents (1)
Glassware (1)
18 La Escondida Celebration Center Reviews

First of all, I want to start out with the basics.

My wedding ended up looking like a Pinterest wedding and the only things I had to take care of were our photographer, DJ, alcohol, bouquets, officiant and attire.
Candy took care of everything else - included in the venue cost.
She provided the decorations, food, drinks, cake, hot chocolate/apple cider, tables, chairs, sparklers (for sparkler exit) and ceremony area. Our entire wedding totaled out to be less than $10,000 and it was GORGEOUS.
Like any wedding, ours had a few hiccups. We were married on November 25, 2017. Our color scheme was ivory, burgundy, green, and hints of gold. I chose a bouquet to reflect these colors, however my florist gave me peach, green, blue, and dark red flowers/berries with no solution to fix the problem. My bridesmaids ran to HEB to buy new flowers and one of Candy's employees actually fixed the bouquets for me while the girls and I got ready.
The other issue at hand was my groom. He had his bachelor party the night before our wedding (this was unavoidable as a few of his groomsmen arrived in town the day before the wedding) and long story short, he was still hungover before our wedding. I like to consider myself to be a laid-back person, but I was running on three hours of sleep and was VERY stressed out so I went a little "bridezilla" on everyone and was ready to push our wedding out a few hours so my soon-to-be-husband could get it together. Candy took the initiative to check in on him and then calm me down. She completely diffused the entire situation-something none of us expected her to do- and I'm still so grateful to have had her.

She kept everything running smooth and on schedule and I would HIGHLY recommend the gorgeous venue and lovely staff to anyone looking to have an outdoor wedding.

Profile Picture Heather, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Working with Candy and La Escondida was a wonderful experience. Our event was not decided until the last minute; so we had very little ready. When we went to see Candy, she recommended most everything from DJ to catering service. Because of her professionalism and vast experience our event was gorgeous and memorable. During the event, she and the members of her staff were on top of every detail. They always made sure that our guests were happy and had everything they needed. The decoration was breathtaking and the service was above and beyond. I highly recommend this venue to anybody that is interested and celebrating a special event that you will want to remember forever.

Profile Picture Ana, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

La Escondida made planning a wedding incredibly easy for the both of us. We were living in a different city and could only visit the venue so often and they were very flexible in times that they would be able to meet with us. The staff was very friendly and professional. They had great answers to all of our questions and were on top of everything the whole way through. On the wedding day, we only had to worry about getting ready since everything else was already taken care of making the wedding day fairly relaxing. All in all working with them was an amazing experience and I would fully recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Stacy, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Parking, Linens

La Escondida Celebration Center created a breathtaking experience. Candy and her entire team were completely attentive throughout the entire process. With their surplus of vendor contacts and their own wheel house of experience we got everything we could ever want. Even the smallest of details were remembered and brought to reality. The bridal and groom suites are roomy and perfectly cooled which was essential in the summer heat. Our ceremony was picturesque with lush green foliage, birds chirping and water spring in the background. During pictures staff was fantastic! I will never forget the chilled spa water, fanning and adjustment assistance! Time flew and Candy kept us on schedule and made sure every transition went smoothly. La Escondida Celebration Center was the perfect location for our rustic/country style wedding.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a great wedding at La Escondida. Candy made the planning part a breeze, especially since I'm planned the whole wedding from out of town. Candy, her assistants, and decorator did a great job preparing the venue for the ceremony and reception. Overall, my wedding was beyond what I imagined, and it's mostly thanks to Candy and her crew.

Profile Picture Eisele, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Candy and her team are absolutely wonderful to work with. They worked so hard to meet every detailed and big desire in order for our wedding to be what we incisioned, but it was so much more. We met with Candy several times prior to wedding day and with all the conversations I couldn't have imagined the beauty she and her team came up with on wedding day. It was absolutely beautiful!! I've always said my ideal wedding was one I could show up and it be done. If you have even such a desire, this is the place. Very affordable, we got far more than our money paid for. Something similar could have cost 10x as much. Candy knows she has a great product, but still is reasonable with pricing. Although we used our own caterer, Candy and her team were there every minute to ensure things (food, and desserts) went off without a hitch. She guided us through the process almost a year in advance and as a professional she included wedding advice for us to apply along the way.
I would hands down recommend La Escondida to anyone wanting the wedding of their dreams.
Soooo thrilled with them!!

Profile Picture BEbe, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We recently celebrated our wedding at La Escondida and we truly could not have picked a better place!! Bride and Grooms, if you are looking for a beautiful, romantic, whimsical, venue for your big day this is your place! Candy and ALL her amazing staff were so helpful throughout the entire experience! Candy , the owner, helped make our dream wedding a reality and we are so forever grateful to her! From day one Candy was on top of everything! From the tiniest details to things you wouldn't even realize you need , she was there! You can have your DIY wedding or you can have them take care of all the details. We had a mostly DIY wedding but Candy added her personal touches that made it even more beautiful than I could have imagined! I know your guests will always tell you that your wedding was beautiful , but I had so many people ask me how I found this beautiful gem! The natural elements of the venue scenery gave it that extra special touch that we wanted. One compliment I received was even though we had many guests attend , it still felt very intimate , classic and elegant, and guests like that. Thank you Candy and the La Escondida staff for everything! We will be on cloud 9 for a long time!
This venue is a must see and your wedding dreams will come true at La Escondida!

Profile Picture Shannon, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was a perfect fit for our outdoor ceremony and reception which was for about 100 people. The covered area, where the reception was held, would have been sufficiently large if the weather hadn't cooperated. We had numerous yard size games set up in a very large grassy area. The entire property was beautiful and everything ran smoothly. I loved the place. Thank you Candy!!

Profile Picture Lauryn, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was fabulous thanks to Candy and her staff. I spent a lot of hours calling and viewing different venues before I called La Escondida. Candy answered My calls and continued to be very responsive throughout the entire planning process. She was so good helping me make decisions on food,wedding cake, colors and dining room settings.. My overall experience was less stressful then I could have imaged. The Vintage decor was just our style.. The caterer she is partnered with was fabulous as well!!! My family and guests couldn't get over how great the food was. This property is beautiful for photos and everyone loved being out there.

Thanks,
The Patterson's

Profile Picture Crystal, 1/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Make sure and start early and communicate often with any thoughts or idea's that you have for your special day. La Escondida Celebration Center was so easy to work with, they embraced every idea we had and did there very best to accommedate. Our wedding was very windy and chilly but the heaters worked great and they even offered blankets to the little ones and ladies in dress'. I loved going out there and just invisioning how our wedding was going to turn out and I was not disappointed at all. Our family and friends were all impressed and still talk highly of this venue. Candy and her team excelled and made everyone feel welcome and important. Thank you to them especially for making every moment amazing from start to finish.

Profile Picture User6334824, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

Our experience with La Escondida Celebration Center was wonderful! The ladies went above and beyond for us and did a wonderful job setting up the venue and helping to ensure that everything we smoothly the day of. They also offered a service which I had never heard of and that was a "children's table" that came with two teenage girls to do arts and crafts with the kids and keep them occupied- that was a HUGE hit! We received several compliments and would definitely recommend for anyone having a wedding where you will be expecting several children as guests. We are happy with our decision to have our big day at La Escondida- the pricing was more than fair for what we got and the staff was friendly and very helpful!

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Tent Accessories, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

Never in a million years did i think I'd marry at this age. My husband picked this perfect venue that i absolutely fell in love with. Ms. Candy, the owner made our experience unbelievably easy and stress free. Our guests still can't stop talking about it. Thank you so much for the wonderful day we will recommend you always!

Profile Picture karina, 10/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Candy and staff were wonderful and made our special day not only run smoothly but everything turned out better than imagined!! Tracy, the decorator went above and beyond to make our ceremony and reception look and feel just the way I had envisioned. She can take your ideas and turn them into a real masterpiece! Candy was very flexible and was such a huge help on the day of to make sure ceremony, vendors, etc. were timely and on schedule. The bartenders were friendly and great! The whole staff at this venue are really there to make sure your special day goes according to plan. I would definitely recommend La Escondida Celebration Center to any couple looking for a romantic, rustic yet sheek, outdoor style wedding ceremony and reception. October was perfect weather by the way for this!
Many Thanks Again!
- David and Adria B.
10-15-16

Profile Picture Adria, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so glad we chose to get married here! We did the ceremony and the reception. Everything went flawlessly! From the planning to the actual day, the lady running this venue made it go as smoothly as possible. She even has decor and will help you find a DJ, caterers, anything for that matter.

Profile Picture Allie, 5/22/16, 4 Reviews
4.7

I live overseas, and planning a wedding from afar was a bit stressful. Along with my planner, working with Candy helped ease my mind! La Es built new space, so I was going in site unseen, so to speak, but everything Candy assured me of came true. The venue is beautiful, Candy stocks a TON of decorations which worked perfectly with my theme, and many other items came in the package. Candy was hands on from the beginning, and guided me in the right direction. Many guests said it was a magical wedding and that was in part due to the attention to detail by the La Es staff. You won't find a better deal out there, and they truly care about making your dreams come true. I highly recommend La Escondida!

Profile Picture Cindy, 4/7/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Buffet, Stations, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Linens

Keep Candy informed of everything; she's very accommodating and fair and can often offer really great suggestions that you may not have even considered!

The groom/bride spaces are not that far away from each other so, even though I couldn't see my husband-to-be (nor he I), we could still hear each other; that was especially good for our nerves. One of my favorite parts of our ceremony was when our friends connected us by hand (he on one end in his room and me on the other in mine) and led us in prayer.

The location itself is really great for families with children. The kids had a great time running around the grounds, and the parents were happy to have a place the kids enjoyed, too. Consider suggesting that parents bring a change of play clothes for their children so they don't get their wedding attire dirty if they end up having too much fun.

Profile Picture User7297727, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
3.8

There are certain areas where we could see that the venue could definitely benefit from having some extra help as far as management goes, but overall, the planning process and wedding were great. The ceremony site and reception area are gorgeous and the owner/decorators do a good job of making your vision a reality. We had a lovely wedding and if you decide to go with La Escondida, you will too!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/27/17, 1 Review