La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort Reviews

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 6
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 7

John Luther · Getting married on 01/04/2020

The Perfect Venue

We’d looked at a variety of venues, but could not beat the location, amenities and hospitality of La Concha. The team was able to manage 3 weddings at the Resort with ease, and was very accommodating when the weather was not so cooperative- we are grateful for everything they did to make our day so wonderful!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • isis

isis · Married on 08/01/2019

better than i expected

First off I want to say that this experience was eye opening, but Nidymar Boscana was super helpful. We were having a destination wedding and the day was a whirlwind of emotions and beautiful memory making. Everything was as it was supposed to be. My fiancé and I chose to do our ceremony at Sereno Pool and the reception at Salon Indigo. We also opted to cover the pool for the ceremony. Word to the wise, it is not a covering for the entire pool. This fact wasn't hidden from us but it also wasn't 100% clear that we only had an option of doing a T formation. I would have preferred the entire pool because the entire wedding party did not fit on the pool covering. There are however other choices and sites for the ceremony but we loved the view to the ocean. The food was great. I was a little nervous because at the food tasting you are only allowed to taste the soup, salad and a choice of 2 entrées. Nydimar was accommodating and allowed us to choose a 3rd entrée option because we were having a hard time narrowing it down. However, there is no tasting for hors d'oeuvres. I dealt with it and it turns out I had nothing to worry about because everything tasted delicious of course. I can't stress enough how Nydimar was so helpful with this whole process and she even dressed in our wedding colors! I'm not sure if it was a coincidence, but I thought it was awesome. Yalila the sales manager for the room blocks was very helpful as well in clarifying the ins and outs of the room blocks and suggesting how many rooms we wanted. One thing that I did not like was that the hotel has newly implemented a security measure that doesn't allow you to go to other floors if you aren't staying on that floor. While I understand and appreciate the safety, our guests were not able to visit each others rooms because they where on different floors. We immediately raised a concern as we obviously had friends and family that would want to visit each other and my mother-in-law has COPD and needed to be checked on from time to time. We were told that there was nothing they could do. We continued to ask and make suggestions ourselves but in the end they gave us "master key cards" that were supposed to work on every floor but they only gave us 4 and they only seemed to work sometimes. My guests were staying all week and I had 20 rooms booked! My suggestion would be to make master key cards available to the wedding guests at check in since the hotel has a list of who is on the room block before anyone even checks in. The hotel is clean, fun and the hotel staff as a whole is amazing. Bryan Ortiz a bellboy at the hotel was so helpful my fiancé and I found ourselves looking for him just to say hi.
    The lobby is often bustling with music and guests so if you don't feel like going anywhere you can certainly stay there and there is a club downstairs along with a breakfast eatery and a restaurant. The poolside service is also great and the bartenders are very attentive and professional. I am overjoyed that my husband and I chose La Concha Resort to have such a special event such as our wedding.
    Thank You Nydimar! It wouldn't have been a success without you!

Sent on 08/12/2019
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 8
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 9
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 10
  • Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect wedding venue in Puerto Rico!

We loved our experience with la Concha Resort! We had our wedding in the Salón Indigo of la Concha Resort this past June. Everything turned out beautifully! Amnel will be your main point of contact and he is absolutely amazing. His attention to detail and overall vast knowledge of organizing weddings is exactly what you need. The venue itself serves as the perfect marriage between modern luxury hotel and island charm with panoramic views of the beach. Our food selection could not have been more perfect. The customer service was excellent, which was very important for me. I'm from Puerto Rico and I can genuinely say that La Concha Resort is the perfect venue for a destination wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Coralis

Coralis · Married on 06/15/2019

Destination wedding

Jessica and her team did an extraordinary job. The food was amazing, the wait staff was synchronized and so attentive. We were all amazed by the professionalism, organization and quality of our reception. It was definitely the wedding of our dreams and we couldn’t have done it without Jessica’s help. She made the process so easy for us and made sure our needs were always exceeded. Thank you again so much!

Sent on 06/29/2019
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 11

Brukendra · Married on 06/10/2019

#FlyingwithdaFillmores

Wow where do I begin. Jessica is the best! The property is beautiful and it's so much to do. We enjoyed the casino. I was married on June 10,2019 and it was a dream come true. There was a total of 33 guest and they didn't want to leave. Everyone keeps asking us to make this an annual vacation. Our ceremony was at Sereno Sand and the reception was at Ocean Terrace. La Concha exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Max Kerwick · Married on 06/09/2019

Beautiful venue and easy process

Picking La Concha for our venue was one of the best choices we made. It's easy for out of towners to get to and still relatively convenient for locals, it's beautiful, and they do a gazillion weddings so they have a really smooth process getting it done. Our guests absolutely loved it as it kind of had something for everyone - close to Old San Juan/Beach/Restaurants and easy to explore from, but also perfect for anyone that just wanted to lounge at the pool and/or get drunk at the casino.

Amnel on the event team was great - couldn't have asked for a better point of contact.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Diangie Acosta · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding Venue

First of all, Jessica Rivera was more than amazing. Understanding, accommodating, lovely personality, and professional. She knows what she is doing. The venue could not look more amazing, the service was like royalty. My wedding came true thanks to the team. View was amazing, air conditioner worked great, clean, and over all just excellent. I will recommend in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Courtney · Married on 05/26/2019

5 star service

We looked at a couple of other venues in this area and we are so happy that we chose La Concha for our wedding venue! Nidymar was always helpful from the very beginning when we were searching for a venue and she was very responsive. The catering and bartending staff was great too not to mention the food was very good! We received many compliments from our guests on the food, hotel facilities, and overall service (for those who stayed at the hotel). Thank you, Nidymar, for making our wedding experience great - we are grateful for you and your staff!!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Adrian

Adrian · Married on 05/26/2019

Best venue!

While we were worried about booking La Concha before getting to visit, Nidymar and her team made it an easy decision. We got to visit the venue a year before the wedding and Nidymar made us feel at home. She was very attentive to detail and made us feel less stressed about planning our wedding from far away. When we arrived for our wedding Nidymar was there again to welcome us. We’ll definitely be staying here again and hope to see Nidymar soon.

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/26/2019

Perfect venue

We recently celebrated our wedding at La Concha. The entire staff at La Concha was a joy to work with! Special thanks to Nidymar Boscana! We appreciate your hard work to make our day so special. We found out at check-in that there were 6 weddings at la Concha that holiday weekend but that did not take away even for a second the individualized attention we received. La Concha is always a delight. Our suite was absolutely amazing and the service was impecable. Thank you for taking such good care of us!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Sana Syal · Married on 05/25/2019

La Concha is great!

I would highly recommend La Concha for any event you're planning. The staff are incredibly helpful and flexible to your needs. We had a great experience there. Thank you Jessica and the rest of the La Concha staff for a great event!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Harriet Omuse · Married on 04/27/2019

The perfect wedding weekend!

My wedding was absolutely amazing due to the awesome team at LaConcha - I cannot thank Jessica, Yalila and their amazing teams enough for making our wedding more than I could ever imagine possible!
    This was a destination wedding for us, therefore there was the added stress of not being able to control everything.
    Jessica and her team worked with our budget and gave us all the options possible without being pushy. The team gave us recommendations for any vendors we needed, and we ended up getting all the vendors through them.
    The team was very responsive in all emails that we sent them, and were very patient when we changed our minds a couple of times during the process. They made the process of getting room blocks for our guests so easy, and they were flexible to last minute changes.
    During our various site visits at LaConcha before the wedding, the team spent a lot of time with us and made us feel like we were the only couple getting married there.
    Our wedding was a 3 day affair - with a welcome reception of Friday, wedding ceremony and reception on Saturday, and brunch on Sunday. All the events went on without a hitch, the service was impeccable, and the food and drinks were absolutely perfect. All our 90 wedding guests were in awe at the quality of the service the whole weekend. Jessica and her team were present during all these events, ensuring that someone was always available to us in case we needed anything at the last minute.
    I would highly recommend LaConcha for weddings and any events - they made my special day absolutely amazing, and all my friends and family fell in love with Puerto Rico due to LaConcha. We all cannot wait to go back!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Ifeyini

Ifeyini · Married on 04/19/2019

Beautiful Hotel and Venue for a Wedding

I went online and searched for one of the best resorts for a wedding and the LaConcha had the best reviews. When we hired our wedding coordinator we told her that we booked the wedding through the LaConcha and she said that we would not be disappointed. We did not see the resort until we landed the week of the wedding. The La Concha is gorgeous. It is updated and very stylish. The people are so warm and inviting. They have so many amenities our guest did not want to leave. The hotel, the beach, the reception area are so nice. I even went to the gym and had a great time. I plan on going back to the La Concha for our anniversary. I highly recommend having your wedding here.

Sent on 06/06/2019
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 22
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Gregory · Married on 02/17/2019

La Concha Wedding 2/17/19

Jessica & the team at La Concha were outstanding. She provided us with wonderful vendors who, together, made our wedding week perfect. Jessica assisted us in planning & hosting a welcome party, pool party, wedding reception & brunch. We would highly recommend Jessica Rivera and all of the La Concha Team!!

Sent on 02/22/2019
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 27
  • Syl & Jay

sylvia · Married on 02/02/2019

Love La Concha ❤️

I absolute would recommend La Concha for anyone looking for a great place to have a destination wedding weekend! I had my wedding over Super Bowl Weekend at La Concha. There was plenty of things for the guest to get into and explore or do nothing at all! Weather was awesome, Great ambiance, everyone was very professional, excellent service. Jessica was always very professional, responsive, and polite (even after my multiple texts and emails). My only pet peeve was that there was another wedding on the beach AND at the same time as mine. It definitely led to some confusion with the guests not knowing where to go. Plus my ceremony was a religious ceremony and their's was a bit flamboyant LGBTQ friendly wedding (think pink poodles). Which isn't a problem for me, but can be for other's planning a wedding! (something to keep in mind, it will come out in your pictures)👌

Sent on 05/24/2019
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 28

Sara · Married on 01/04/2019

Beautiful and so elegant

I didn’t have a wedding planner and Nidymar helped me so, so much. From what kind of food tasted the best to the drinks and how much we needed for each guest. The room, Salon Mirador, was stunning and exactly what we had pictured. Everyone was so friendly and the food and drinks were delicious! Our guests can’t stop talking about our party!
    Gracias Nidymar!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Janelle · Married on 12/22/2018

La Concha San Juan December Wedding

Our wedding during busy Christmas time. The catering manager Jessica was very helpful, responsive, and attentive to all our needs during the planning process. When we checked in all the staff were friendly and eager to help us in any way possible. La Concha is a beautiful hotel. The lobby turns into a club at night on the weekends so it was the perfect place to continue the wedding celebration after our reception. The casino is the lobby is also very convenient and fun. The beautiful views, amenities, and lovely staff of La Concha were all just so great and really made us and all our guests feel at home during our stay there. I highly recommend having your wedding here. My husband and I are planning on going back for our anniversary.

Sent on 01/08/2019

La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort's reply:

Thank you Janelle for your beautiful words. It was a pleasure to be part of your wedding. Looking forward to seeing you and Randy on your anniversary!

Randy · Married on 12/22/2018

The best I can recommend

The catering manager and just the whole staff was simply great!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 29

Maria · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing food , staff, and property!!.thank you La Concha for providing us with our dream wedding :)

Sent on 09/17/2018

Andreita · Married on 08/19/2018

Amazing experience. The staff at La Concha were amazing & very professional. Jessica Rivera and Rosalina Torrez made my dream wedding come true. Thank you!

Sent on 08/22/2018
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 30
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 31
    La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort 32

Maricela · Married on 08/11/2018

The whole team at La Concha was amazing couldn't ask for a better team. I'm so grateful I pick this resort as my venue. Thanks to La Concha my wedding was everything I dreamed it would be.

Sent on 08/16/2018

David · Married on 08/04/2018

Amazing!!!

My wife and I recently had our wedding at salon Mirador inside La concha Renaissance Resort on 2/15/19. I have to say this was a great experience. The staff was very polite, friendly, and very professional. They were instrumental in proving a great experience to my wife, myself, and our guests.

Sent on 02/23/2019

Susie · Married on 06/24/2018

WOW!!!!! If you are looking for the perfect venue look no further....this is it... I had picked a different venue but due do hurricane Maria in PR in 2017 our original venue cancelled our wedding and that is when Nidymar and her team at La Concha came to our rescue. It was kind of short notice but together with our wedding planner Krizia Diaz they made it possible. The venue is really top notch. We had the Salon Indigo that overlooks the ocean and the ceremony was by the ocean pool terrace with a gorgeous view of the ocean on the background ( I can't wait to see our pictures). Nidymar is very knowledgeable and professional. She made us feel special and pampered the entire time. My girls and I got ready in a beautiful suite with a breathtaking view. I can honestly say that I was able to enjoy every second of my wedding day because I knew I was in great hands and that I had nothing to worry about. We had a flawless wedding and I have Nidymar, Jessica and their team to thank for that. Mil Gracias :)

Sent on 06/29/2018

Notiq · Married on 06/23/2018

Nidymar at La Concha Resort was amazing! She was so great to work with along with all the La Concha staff, thank you!

Sent on 06/26/2018