La Cantera Resort & Spa Reviews

1 User photo

La Cantera Resort & Spa 1
  • Edie

Edie Watson · Married on 11/03/2018

Where Luxury & Elegance is Taken Very Seriously!!

Henry Uribe was our contact from initial inquiry to the very end of our perfect wedding weekend - yup I said weekend! He facilitated the entirety of our rehearsal on Friday, complete with chairs in the actual location of our stunning Esparza Lawn outdoor ceremony. He also was there for the complete duration of our wedding on Saturday - including coming to the bridal-get-ready suite to see how I was doing and asked if he could get or help with anything. Lastly, he put together all accommodations for our Sunday post-wedding brunch for our guests. Flawless does not even hold a candle to the experience my husband and I felt we received with Henry and the stellar La Cantera staff. The food and drinks at all 3 events were (and still are) raved about. The facilities and luxurious accommodations for us and our guests is so far above what we had expected, we’re truly still in awe. After our literally-nothing-remotely-went-wrong perfect wedding day, my husband and I arrived in our honeymoon suite to find a chilled bottle of prosecco with two flutes, a hearty helping of each of our cakes (which we didn't get a chance to eat at the reception we were dancing so much!) with silverware. Every tiny detail that no other venue would have considered to provide, Henry did. Planning with him the last year and a half was a breeze. He provided an internet based editable venue space layout that made envisioning and planning our day incredibly easy. We threw a couple of last minute curve balls at him (such as forgetting to include my husband and I in our plated meal count, oops!!) and he took each in stride and ensured we were taken care of. He is a calm, warm presence and is truly gifted at what he does. Our day was perfect thanks to his endless efforts. Additionally, the La Cantera staff as a whole is a force to be reckoned with. From the bellhops who took our many decor boxes from the valet to our Friday night suite to our bridal suite to the reception site then back to the bridal suite - all with a smile and incredible personalities, to the valet staff who recognized both my parents AND my husband’s parents upon departure (at different times) who asked "How did everything go?!" we are just simply floored. The number of guests that were vacationing in La Cantera during our wedding weekend was immense but because the grounds are so well thought out and spread out, we never felt like there was a crowd at all at any point during the weekend. The only tip off I had that there was quite a bit of people was by checking out the kids pool during the day on Friday! Other than that, no one would have known they were hosting so many people! Bravo team La Cantera, you gave us the fairy tale wedding day and weekend we had always dreamed of. We couldn't be more thankful to have chosen the best option out there. Even better, we can't wait to vacation at La Cantera again to relive the love and attention we felt over our wedding weekend!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

If I could have rated the service higher I would have. La Cantera went above and beyond the call of duty from the beginning to the very end. Stacey Chrisman was the main coordinator for our wedding and I cannot praise her highly enough! She is the best! The first time I came in I didn't know the first thing about weddings or what I even really wanted. She was extremely patient with me and started throwing out ideas and was guiding me the whole way without be pushy or overwhelming me in the slightest bit. Once we got the ball rolling and knew exactly what we wanted she was there to make our vision come to light. The staff, from the waiters/waitresses to the hotel lobby to the valet, was bending over backwards for my family, my husbands family and our guests. I had one guest come up to me on Friday night BEFORE my wedding and said, "The service here is like a dream." I can't say enough good things about having our wedding here. I wouldn't change one thing about that day. La Cantera was the perfect backdrop for pictures, the ballroom was perfect and the food was AMAZING. I could go on and on.

Sent on 03/04/2015
  • April

April · Married on 03/29/2014

Working with Rudy D Quezada was amazing! He was so accommodating and he worked so well with my photographer Andre from Lens Out Loud. Everything was on time and well put together. it felt so good not having to worry about anything at all. I definitely recommend having your reception there! Thanks again Rudy!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Really nice hotel. Treated me and my wedding party really well. Would definitely recommend this hotel for weddings! They offer different ceremony and reception locations at the hotel, include complimentary bridal room and honeymoon suite.

Sent on 02/19/2013

Allison · Married on 12/29/2007

The Westin did a FABULOUS job!! They catered to my every single need. They went above and beyond to make all the little details easy on me and my family. Vicky Carragher did a terrific job, best wedding planner/coordinator ever!

Sent on 02/10/2008

Ebony · Married on 09/07/2014

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at this venue. It was breathtaking. The staff exceeded all of our expectations. Our guests loved the venue as well! I would highly recommend this location to any bride who wants a classy, romantic, breathtaking wedding with a very helpful staff.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Natalie · Married on 10/01/2011

I had my reception at the Palmer Clubhouse at the Westin La Cantera - and it was PERFECT! The venue was gorgeous, the food was amazing, the service was great! It was some struggle during the planning phases with communication because our wedding rep was changed in the middle, but overall the Westin staff was very professional, flexible, and catering to our needs. I always dreamed to have my wedding at the Westin La Cantera, but I never imagined it would have been as perfect and memorable as it was! They did a fantastic job working with our vendors, and the food tasting they put on for us was over the top delicious. They made my wedding reception so special!!

Sent on 10/12/2011

Heather · Married on 05/10/2014

3.5

La Cantera Hill Country resorts in San Antonio Texas was absolutely perfect. Their events planning director was extremely professional while also being very personable. He was extremely knowledgeable which was very helpful for me. He was very responsive to any questions I had and was very quick to get back to me. I could never have done all of this with out him.
    The Resort staff was also very professional & responsive to any & all needs that arose for my wedding party.
    The food for the wedding was exceptional and plentiful. It was worth every penny.
    I would highly recommend using this vendor for not only a wedding but other important events.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Hannah · Married on 04/27/2019

A beautiful Hill Country Wedding venue!

To be transparent, this is not the most budget-friendly location in San Antonio, however, our photos speak for themselves! The Resort is a gorgeous escape to Texas Hill Country. This was a destination wedding for us so our guests were able to enjoy a mini-vacation, dining at the restaurants around the property, enjoying services at the spa, and lounging at the infinity pool.

The events team worked hard all weekend to accommodate our two day event. Nikki and Tiffany were there onsite to ensure everything went seamlessly. There were so many small details for us to think back on - the snacks and champagne delivered to us throughout the weekend, the way they helped guide our guests around the property, the shuttles available to transport our guests, friendly customer service - these are the details that made for an enjoyable wedding! It was more beautiful than the event we'd imagined. Thanks everyone! We look forward to returning for anniversaries.

Sent on 05/09/2019
    La Cantera Resort & Spa 2

Adrienne · Married on 04/13/2013

Sara O'Donnal from the Westin at La Cantera was the Catering Manager there but she was also like our coordinator. She met with us and from the beginning had a very easy going demeanor. She made us feel comfortable to get a hold of her or ask her any questions. She simplified the process and helped to make our day stress free. The Westin has different beautiful sites to choose from - we chose the El Fortin Lawn. The Westin also provides the ceremony chairs, caterting, linens, reception, and cake if you choose. They provide a bridal ready room as well as a honeymoon suite. Sara was always available to us and if she couldn't be there or respond she always had staff that were there. We really enjoyed the wedding and the beautiful atmosphere and would definitely recommend it.

Sent on 05/11/2013

Neera · Married on 08/14/2010

The Westin La Cantera is a beautiful resort with great views and great spots for pictures! The ballroom is gorgeous and was decorated perfectly. The food was great and everything looked great.

Sent on 10/13/2010

3.0
      3.5

La Cantera Hill Country Resort was a beautiful place for our wedding, however they had construction taking place that was supposed to be completed before our wedding date but it wasn't. If the construction had been completed our wedding would have been perfect. We were unable to have our ceremony outside and the location was moved multiple times. The wedding coordinator was very flexible and gave us many options, but we were never completely happy/satisfied. My only recommendation is, if your venue says they are going through renovations, pick a new venue, you will be much happier in the end.

This venue is very convenient though. The wedding package comes with ceremony and reception location, catering, tables/chairs, linens, all flatware, and gratuity is included. If you don't have the money for a wedding planner (we didn't), a venue like this is the way to go, because you have very little moving pieces. The only thing I had to outsource were flowers and cake. It made managing our vendors super easy for me, since I was doing all of the wedding planning.

On the day of our wedding the Staff was amazing. I can't even begin to explain how awesome they were. Heck, we had one of the girls on the dance floor teaching us how to do the "Copperhead Road" line dance. They made our wedding day fantastic, almost made all the construction issues worth it.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Robyn · Married on 05/06/2016

3.0

We would have loved to book this venue, however the pricing is significantly higher than any other venue we considered. It is not possible to have a wedding and reception here for less than $110/person (without alcohol). When you include gratuity and tax, we came in at over $20,000 (no alcohol included) for 150 guests. Beautiful resort, AMAZING pool but just not worth the cost.

Sent on 09/16/2015

4.2

The setting at the Westin La Cantera really sells itself. The staff comes on strong, but then when your day actually arrives, kind of fizzles. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Palmer Grill, which was beautiful, and we were spoiled by the staff. Everyone was catering to our every need, which was nice. Come wedding day, we were expecting the same treatment, and it started off that way, but waned as the night went on. Overall, beautiful hotel, great setting for pictures, great food.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Candace · Married on 02/12/2016

2.0

We went to the resort for a mini moon and it was so nice and relaxing. I was really disappointed that the spa was closed, and while they offered to do an in-room massage, they never actually came to do the massage. That's pretty unprofessional to me. We got a great rate for staying for three days. The food everyday was delicious and staff was friendly. However, one of the bellhops referred to my wife as my "friend". We had 300 people at our wedding, we got legally married, and our families were both present. She's my wife - and I referred to her in that way before he called her my friend.

Sent on 05/02/2016