La Brisa Photography Reviews

La Brisa Photography 5
La Brisa Photography 6
La Brisa Photography 7

Emily Kight · Married on 09/01/2018

Beautiful Photos and so FUN to work with!

I loved working with Chris for my wedding!!

Chris and I went to school together and over the years I’ve seen his gorgeous photos of our classmates weddings and thought, if I ever get married, Chris is going to be our photographer. And I was so excited that he had our wedding date open.

He is a joy to work with. He has this happy, fun energy about him which is super contagious. I’m pretty awkward in front of the camera and Chris was really good at helping me feel relaxed and confident in being myself. Chris was with us all day and night and he captured some really special moments between me and my husband as well as our friends. I love looking through our photos because they show all of the emotions of the day - from the silly to the serious to those quiet candid moments between my husband and me. The day was such a blur, it’s wonderful to be able to relive it through the photographs.

Aside from having the most beautiful photos, I love that he kept us on track - We didn’t know what to expect of the day and Chris put together a schedule and I didn’t have to think about anything other than marrying my best friend. It was such relief to have someone else handling all the time logistics of the day.

I now have the very difficult task of picking my most favorite photos to frame and put up in our house. There are so many stunning photos to choose from, it’s not a bad problem to have.

I would highly recommend La Brisa and Chris for any and all of your photography needs. He is the best!

• I

Ian · Married on 08/25/2018

We are so happy that Chris photographed our wedding day. He has a friendly and easy going manner and was very patient. He has the ability to get everyone to relax whilst getting great poses and capturing very natural shots. Upon seeing the photos from our wedding we couldn't believe how amazing they looked. The colour and clarity of the photos was unbelievable and surpassed our expectations. We couldn't recommend him highly enough!

Brandi · Married on 12/02/2017

Hiring Chris as our photographer was probably the best decision we made, in regards to our wedding day. He was incredibly fast, efficient, organized, and experienced. He made the day run so smoothly by providing a detailed timeline and swiftly moving things along, with less stress. Most importantly, Chris made everyone feel comfortable and kept us all laughing - which was captured in all the genuine photos. It felt like we had hired a true friend, even though we didn’t meet in person until the morning of the wedding. Wedding photographs can be a painful process, but was actually enjoyable when working with him. He is incredibly dedicated and worked his tail off from morning until late into the night, all with a huge smile on his face.
    I would not hesitate to recommend Chris to anyone as a photographer. His stunning photos speak for themselves, he is truly a professional and an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

We truly feel like we don't have the words to describe how amazing Chris at La Brisa Photography is. We had the absolute best experience with having Chris as our photographer. Not only did Chris capture incredible moments but he became our friend in this process. Chris went above and beyond our entire wedding day. His energy, positive attitude, and thoughtfulness left the best impression on everyone who interacted with him. Our wedding day was quite possible the coldest day of our lives but Chris was so energetic, caring, and had us laughing the entire time. :) Chris took the time to capture beautiful pictures of our loved ones who attended our wedding and these images are ones that we will cherish forever. We are so grateful for Chris and all of his hard work before, during, and after our wedding. We truly feel so blessed to have had him apart of our day. We were blown away with the beautiful images Chris created but we were even more impressed with his thoughtfulness to remind us what our wedding day was truly about. Chris took the time to pray over our marriage during our first look which is a moment we will always remember. We are so thankful to have Chris apart of our wedding day not only as a photographer but as a friend. We highly recommend La Brisa Photography to anyone and everyone! It was the best choice we made! :)

La Brisa Photography 8

Mallory · Married on 09/16/2017

There aren’t words to express how happy and amazed we are with Chris of La Brisa. I had seen his work for years on Facebook and always thought it would be great to get to have him take our pictures. I reached out and heard back immediately (with enthusiasm) that the date for our wedding worked with our scheduled. We met for the first time at our engagement shoot and let me just say my husband was worried about the whole thing because he is not a guy who like to pose for pictures. During our first outfit change he told me how cool he thought Chris was and how easy it was to be ourselves and that he was really happy we choose him. (YAY) Before the weeding we had a few skype sessions with Chris to discuss the upcoming wedding. I was shocked at the things he went over; I was not expecting him to do so much for us and our guests. My favorite thing I loved about Chris was he made sure to keep reminding us that it was OUR day, and to take time to ourselves and soak in every minute. And let me tell you how much that helps to have your photographer slow things down for you, rather than rush you through your wedding day!!! ALSO, Chris could read me, after only meeting me one time. He could tell when I was a little stress, and got me out of that situation, he could tell when I needed a break from the 98 degrees temp in my 12 layer wedding dress. Every step of the way was perfect, and saying he is amazing is an understatement. And I cannot thank him enough for capturing our day so amazingly. We cannot wait to have more events so we can have Chris photograph them!

La Brisa Photography 9
    La Brisa Photography 14
    La Brisa Photography 15
  • roman_holiday

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2017

We cannot stress enough how incredible Chris at La Brisa Photography is as a photographer and as a person. He is the complete package and then some. Hire him... you will not be disappointed! His product is unbelievably beautiful and personal -- he gets these perfect shots that capture the event but also the feeling, the mood, and the personality of people in the photos. My husband and I love every photo he took - and our family and friends were blown away as well. On top of being a phenomenal professional photographer, he also doubles as a wedding coordinator/best friend who will anticipate issues and help smooth over anything and everything that happens in the pre-wedding craziness. Chris put everyone at ease and was so much fun to have around. I cannot imagine having anyone else shoot our wedding - Chris was simply the best!!

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2017

We love Chris! He came to Mexico for our wedding and we are so incredibly happy he was our photographer. I am a pretty awkward person behind the camera, but Chris immediately made me feel comfortable and it was so much fun taking pictures! Everyone was commenting on how wonderful it was having him around and how incredible the pictures are. I honestly cannot stop looking at our pictures because they are so fantastic! It is going to be difficult deciding which ones to hang up! Chris was so personable to all of the wedding party and got to know a lot of our friends and family. One of my very good friends just hired Chris for their wedding next year! She is so excited and knows her day will go smoothly and be magical. Chris will be there to help everyone through the wedding and to capture the day. Thanks Chris!

Taylor · Married on 05/06/2017

Chris is incredible- from the photos he takes (he's truly an artist) to the experience he provides. He asked questions that solved problems before them became problems. His "day of" schedule served as the basis for our entire day and helped two oldest children (with no wedding planning experience or older siblings to watch how its done) organize the day- it was SO helpful! On several separate occasions, our wedding party mentioned how much fun they had with him throughout the day. He made everyone feel comfortable and made engagement and wedding photos incredibly easy. Not only a professional, but truly a good person who just understands people. My husband and I believe this is what makes the result of his work so outstanding- he just gets people. I would recommend him to anybody in a heartbeat!

Jade · Married on 09/24/2016

WOW, where do I begin? Chris has an incredibly beautiful soul, is passionate beyond measure and does a phenomenal job of articulating the importance of a marriage beyond the wedding day. He is a "plus-it," type of guy who goes above and beyond your expectations. From small details, such as initiating prayers throughout the day and remembering relatives names, to jaw-dropping, over-the-top photos; Chris was BY FAR the best investment we made leading up to our wedding. My wedding guests continue to rave about how wonderful Chris was, as his personality just lit up the room. I will truly cherish my photos and experience of working with him forever.

Byars · Married on 09/18/2016

When my now fiancé proposed, I knew one of the most important decisions I had to make during wedding planning was the photographer. Luckily, I knew just who I wanted to capture our special day – Chris and La Brisa Photography! I met Chris when he shot my friend’s wedding in Kansas in 2012. He was fun and personable, and the photos were fantastic. The more I saw Chris’ work, the more I knew he had the eye I wanted in the photos that would spark fond memories of our wedding for years to come. He uses light, texture and detail to bring out the emotion of an occasion. As I got down to wedding planning, I asked Chris what dates in April 2017 he had available. I was all ready to spend 9 months of engagement prepping for a wedding. Yet not more than 30 days into wedding planning I freaked out. My amazing fiancé handled a couple days of crazy while I debated options, finally settling on a much faster “surprise” wedding held at a family member’s home in Houston. Poor Chris probably thought I was nuts! Our decision to have our engagement party turned surprise wedding on September 18 was based on two factors – my fiance’s work schedule and Chris’ availability. And boy, it was worth it! Two Skype sessions later it was locked down and Chris was almost as excited about surprising our guests as we were! His availability to his couples, via phone, email, or even joining in at our friend get together the Saturday night before the “surprise” makes Chris a not only a phenomenal person but a superb secret keeper. The wedding day, Chris and his second shooter, Rebecca, were everywhere, shooting, talking to guests and even helping us stick to the typical wedding traditions. I believe Chris’ images speak for themselves – PHENOMENAL. Personally, Chris is a positive person to be around, smiling, offering a hand and sticking with the couple to shoot in a cattle pasture in 90-degrees AFTER shooting a full wedding! I can only say that if you want the best, go with Chris and La Brisa!

Carly · Married on 07/30/2016

CHRIS IS THE BEST! We were referred to Chris by the photographers who did our engagement pics but were already booked for our wedding day, they said if they got married they would ask Chris to do their photos- and now I know why!! Not only did he travel across country for our wedding but also took some pictures at our rehearsal dinner at our request, which was amazingly kind. His pictures brought out the beauty of the flowers/venue/decor but more importantly he seemed to capture the personality and beauty in each person as well. As a bride he relieved my stress by making me laugh (he is hilarious!!) but also made me feel beautiful. We received nothing but compliments from our other guests (and vendors) about him exclaiming he is the best photographer they have ever seen at a wedding. Furthermore, besides his obvious talent and fun nature he helped us with just the overall wedding process. He recommended when and how to get some alone time to ourselves just for 5-10minutes to reflect on how special the evening/ceremony is, which in turn made us slow down and really absorb our entire wedding. Also he helped with just random wedding stuff like helping my husband put on his bowtie, and suspenders (his groomsmen were a inept in that area), and quickly telling us how to cut the cake (you think you know how to cut a cake until your are peering at this multi tiered concoction with bejeweled cake cutters in your hand while slightly tipsy from all the champs). All around he is an amazing photographer and awesome guy. Highly recommend:)

Emily and Nate · Married on 05/21/2016

No words can ever express the amount of gratitude we have for everything Chris did for us before, on, and after our wedding day. We knew getting great photos was an absolute must when it came to prioritizing parts of our wedding. Little did we know we would get more than just amazing photos. Immediately, we were struck by his kind personality and true passion for what he does. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Chris kept in touch asking how things were going and what he could do to help. It was not in his job description but he helped us plan our day. When the wedding was about a month away, Chris asked if we could FaceTime to be sure he knew about any last minute changes and make sure we were feeling good about it all. Chris is someone you talk with once or twice and immediately you feel like he’s been a good friend for years. He gave us a feeling of comfort and made sure we knew he was going to take care of us on our wedding day. Chris’s wedding and photography experience is remarkable. Before the wedding and on the wedding day, Chris had emphasized the importance of enjoying time together as husband and wife on the wedding day. He explained that as soon as we walked out of the church, we would have many family and friends waiting to talk with us and that would continue for most of the night. Because of this, Chris planned a moment after the ceremony for us to be alone together. This was such a blessing. Chris had the ability to help us be intentional about spending a few moments here and there throughout the day to step back and really enjoy everything that was happening around us. We will never forget the impact he had on our day. 8 months after the wedding and we continue to call Chris a good friend. We’ve had many friends and family members get married and found out quickly that is a pretty rare thing when it comes to a wedding photographer. We could not be more grateful to have had Chris photograph our wedding and still be a part of our lives.

Megan · Married on 05/14/2016

Chris from La Brisa Photography was our dream photographer from the start. Not only did he capture our personalities to the T, he made us feel so comfortable and beautiful throughout the entire process. We relied heavily on Chris and his wedding day schedule to help us keep track of the day, and there wasn't a single hiccup. It was a blessing to have such an experienced photographer and genuine human being guiding and capturing our perfect day.

We recommend La Brisa to all of our newly engaged friends and family because we know they will love him and their photos as much as we love ours.

Michelle · Married on 01/01/2016

Chris was amazing! I'm so thankful I had him as my wedding photographer! He went above and beyond as the photographer for my special day! Not only were his photos outstanding, his exceptional personality, readiness, and helpfulness on the actual day made it all worth it. He was able to get my stern dad to crack a smile, as well as being extremely patient and attentive with my special needs brother. Chris is up for any challenge to achieve a new and creative image. You won't regret having Chris/La Brisa Photography document your special occasion!!

Melissa · Married on 12/12/2015

Hiring Chris to be our photographer was both the easiest and best decision we made in our entire wedding planning process. I met Chris over 3 years ago when he photographed my best friend's wedding. As her Maid of Honor, I was around Chris most of the day and by the end of the night I considered him a friend. When I got engaged, I called him a few days later because I knew I wanted him to capture every second of my wedding day! He has an amazing way of connecting with people, making you feel beautiful in your own skin, and capturing every emotion on camera. He is extremely thoughtful and genuinely cares about you as a couple. We had many conversations and even a Skype date with Chris before the wedding where we were able to talk about all the unique shots we wanted, the precise timeline of our wedding day, and even received some helpful advice from Chris that we took to heart on our special day. Chris got to know the entire wedding party by name, stayed with us from start to finish, and had more than 30 amazing wedding photos available for us to preview before we left our reception. Chris is extremely talented, professional, reliable, completes his images on time, and will end up giving you more than you could ever have hoped for. I can't say enough wonderful things about Chris and La Brisa Photography! If you're in the market for a highly experienced, reasonably priced photographer who will put your mind at ease and exceed your expectations...look no further. My husband and I can't wait to use Chris for all of our future photography needs! -Melissa R., Kansas City

Nick · Married on 10/03/2015

Definitely one of the best decisions of our entire wedding planning process. Chris photographed our wedding and engagement photos, and the results were no less than stunning. The entire time, he made sure we were having fun, laughing and being comfortable as ourselves. Most importantly, he was always there to help remind us what the day was all about, which was getting married. He captured so many amazing moments from our wedding, and quickly provided us "teasers" to keep us wanting more. Will no doubt use Chris in future photography needs.

Krysten · Married on 09/26/2015

I've known about La Brisa Photography for a few years and have always marveled at the quality and creativity in each picture taken. From then on, I envisioned working with Chris when the time came for myself to be married. When Jordan and I first got engaged my first objective was to see what dates in the Fall Chris had available. Yes, I was planning our wedding date upon his availability because his talent and passion he puts forth in each shot was evident and we wanted that for our treasured memories. To say that we were impressed is an understatement. Chris is easily relatable, fun, down to earth, reliable, and makes everyone in the room feel as though they are the most important person in the world. He made everyone comfortable throughout the day and brought out the best in each person. I remember throughout the entire day our entire bridal party and family laughing through each photo taken. It takes a lot for someone to genuinely get my mother to smile naturally and we have a handful of them, which I LOVE. One other thing I appreciate about Chris is his ability to capture the beauty in every single picture he takes. His different perspective sparks so much creativity than any other photographer I have worked with. Hands down the best decision Jordan and I have made. I can guarantee that anyone who hires La Brisa Photography will not be disappointed. I can truly say Chris became a friend to many by the end of our wedding night.

Catherine · Married on 09/05/2015

Chris took both our engagement and wedding photos and we were not disappointed. We love every photo he captured and I appreciated that he really listened to what WE wanted. Not to mention he drove 2 hours super early in the morning so we could take our engagement pictures at sunrise. Chris was efficient and took time to get to know our wedding party and we all had a great time. Thanks for being part of our story!

Meghan · Married on 08/01/2015

From day one, I knew Chris was the perfect photographer for us. Jared likes to say he has "photo-phobia" which I knew was going to make engagement pictures difficult. The Royals were also playing in the playoffs during our engagement shoot which distracted Jared even more. Chris made sure to have the game pulled up on his phone and kept us updated throughout the whole shoot! This made Jared feel comfortable right away. Fast forward to right before our wedding and Chris was so on top of everything! I asked a few questions about what times would work best and before you know it, Chris had a timeline all worked up for the day of. Not only was that beneficial for me, but it also benefited the bridal party, family members, and friends that needed to know where to be at certain times. Chris also Skyped with me a few days before to get final details and discuss things I would want and not want on the day of. I let Chris know that I did not want a lot of formal church photos and requested that he capture more behind the scene and random shots. The day of, Chris was the BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER! From bringing donuts in the morning to the beautiful prayer that was said to Jared and I in the church to the kind words he left us with at the end of the night, Chris was simply AMAZING! I also cannot count how many people came up to Jared and I after the wedding and said how impressive and talented Chris was. Receiving our photos back was such a fantastic day! Chris was able to capture every special moment from our big day and so many special moments that Jared and I were unable to see! Jared and I could not be more happy with how the day went and how every photo turned out. If you are unsure of a photographer for your big day, don't book anywhere else! Chris is the BEST! - Meghan, Bride

Jenna · Married on 06/13/2015

We are absolutely mesmerized by the moments that Sarah captured on our wedding day! Sarah made every effort to ensure our day went smoothly and was a reassuring voice if we were concerned about the time or any other thing. She is a brilliant photographer, but even more than that she is a phenomenal person who is charismatic, kind, funny and genuine. This shines through in all of her work. We felt so at ease in front of her lens and are so very fortunate to have had her as our engagement and wedding photographer. We are very fortunate to consider her a friend! There aren't enough kind words in the world to express our gratitude for capturing moments of love and laughter which we, and our family, will cherish for generations to come.

• Heather

Heather · Married on 05/16/2015

I saw Chris's work a few years ago and said this is the man I want to be my wedding photographer. 4 years later that dream came true. I can not even begin to express how amazing he is! First of all through out my crazy day he was there as my own personal piece of sanity. He made me feel at ease and kept me on track, and reminded me to eat haha. The previews of the photos that he showed me that night, were incredible! No editing, no touch ups, pure genius! The pictures I have seen so far are more amazing than I could have imagined. Through out everything, Chris was always in touch with me and always a pleasure to talk to. I would recommend him to everyone!

Kimberly · Married on 04/18/2015

Words cannot express how happy and grateful we are for Chris and his amazing photography skills. I met Chris a few years ago when he came to do some photography for the veterinary clinic where I worked and again at a good friend's wedding. I knew after experiencing the way he interacted with the wedding party and seeing his amazing photos, I was hooked. Chris isn't just a fantastic photographer, he is a fantastic person. When Ryan and I met up with Chris to take some engagement photos, he took great care of us. He took the time to get to know us and our story. He used that to help us relax and take excellent photos. I have never found myself to be photogenic and Ryan does not like being in photos. Chris made the session effortless. On our wedding day, Chris was another friend that shared in our day. He helped us plan the timing of the day, who we wanted to include in photos, and some special shots we wanted to take. He helped us stay on schedule and was loved by all of our friends and family. His ability to create awesome situations for photos, laughter and bring out our love was one of the best parts of the day. Chris also gave us wonderful advise about spending enough time with each other during the day and savoring particularly special moments. Chris is just wonderful all around. If you are looking for a highly skilled photographer with fantastic people skills, Chris is your man.

Kathleen · Married on 01/17/2015

Chris Hsieh is an ARTIST! Sarah Gudeman is a photog gem! The thing that some brides do not realize is that your wedding day goes by SO FAST! You only remember bits and pieces, highlights, but even then, its like a dream. Chris and Sarah were able to catch all the moments from our special day. They truly can see what really matters to you as a couple and bring so much color and emphasis into those moments they capture. For instance Tin and I are huge on Phamly and Phriends (a play on our last name, Pham). Nothing means more to us than our family and friends. Chris and Sarah picked that up right off the bat, and really focused on that value. We are also, very light hearted, so of course Chris and Sarah captured some funny moments/on the verge of inappropriate moments as well. I am so completely happy choosing Chris, I look at my wedding photos all the time and still after a year I find moments I didn't know happened. Also icing on the cake was Chris was able to capture my husband cry, which IS AWESOME! #HousePham. A million THANK YOUs La Brisa Photography for capturing those moments we would have never witnessed if it wasn't for you.

Alisha · Married on 10/18/2014

I cannot speak highly enough of Autumn. I have always admired La Brisa's work so when I settled on my date they were one of the first people I e-mailed.

Autumn and Luke's demeanors were wonderful and made everyone comfortable. Autumn took a great combination of formal and informal pictures. I have seen photographers who made the agenda about them, but she really was part of the day not the feature in the day. Autumn was with us from about 9:00am to almost midnight without one complaint.

We had trouble with our mail and when we did not receive our first flash drive of the photos she sent a second flash drive in a very timely manner.

We have received numerous compliments on the pictures and really feel they captured our whole wedding day. We feel very lucky to have such a wonderful representation of our special day.

I would recommend her without any hesitation to anyone for their wedding day and that is not a statement I would make about all my vendors.

I've had two experiences with La Brisa. The first I was a bridesmaid and Sarah and Emma photographed by best friend's amazing wedding day! They were such a great team and both made everyone feel very comfortable. They knew exactly when to be in the background to get those candid shots, and also knew when to give direction and how much to give. At the end of the night, I walked up to tell them how amazing they were and how I wish they could do my wedding, as mine being destination at a resort, I would have to go with who they had on-site. They asked when my wedding was, and it was only 2 months away. Sarah was already booked up but Emma was available.

After thinking about it for a few days and chatting (convincing) it over with my fiance, we decided to ask Emma to be our photographer. Thankfully, she was just as excited as we were. She was a great mentor through the whole process and somehow kept me calm at all times. Having a destination wedding is more frightening than one would think. A lot of unknowns. But knowing that we would have amazing photographs captured on our special day made everything easier.

Emma was there with us for most of our trip and she fit right in with our group. She's a witty and kind soul and loves to capture love :)

I've already told my husband to be prepared to travel to Emma once our family grows so she can continue to give us the best moments/photos possible. We love her and look forward to working with here again in the future. She and La Brisa are "stuck" with us now :)