18 Reviews for Kuoha Culinary

Lactose Free (1)
Nut Free (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
18 Kuoha Culinary Reviews

Kuoha Culinary (Chef Ed) exceeded our expectations on every level. From first contact, to day of the wedding, everything was professional, and perfect. The food was amazing. High regards for Ed and his team.

Profile Picture Teanna, 12/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had Kuoha Culinary cater our wedding and they were excellent to work with. Ed is extremely professional, creative and his food was delicious. Food presentation was also executed beautifully, which was very important to us. Ed & his team worked very hard & helped to make our wedding a success. Thank you all!

Profile Picture JILL, 10/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Working with Ed was awesome! He created and delivered a meal that everyone raved about. I always felt secure that he would follow through and come the day of my ceremony, he arrived on time, set up everything beautifully and truly added to my special day by providing a very generous serving of delicious appetizers, entrees and dessert. I would recommend him to anyone and definitely plan on working with him again.

Profile Picture Lea, 10/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Do not miss out on the opportunity to have Chef Ed cook for you. His food is the bomb. He worked with us and always answered our questions and concerns.

Profile Picture R, 9/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Kuoha culinary provided an amazing dining experience at our intimate wedding. They communicated menu options for us before hand, and helped us stay within budget. The day of the wedding, they showed up promptly, prepared dinner, served and cleaned up as well. Most importantly, the food was AMAZING! Many of our guests raved about the food/experience.

I'd easily recommend Chef Ed for any catering needs, and wouldn't hesitate to contact him for any of our future events.

Profile Picture allyn, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Jon and I would never forget how GOOD our wedding reception dinner was! Chef Ed and his team definitely did a remarkable job -- not only on our wedding day but even before the big day by always responding to our emails / messages promptly. On our wedding day the team showed up on time, helped set up the tables (we did not expect this at all but were so thankful for this!) and with no doubt provide us and the guests with amazing food. We had the most delicious Ahi Tataki, Pulehu Chicken and Fresh Catch en Papillote that day! Again, mahalo Kuoha Culinary!

Profile Picture Gita, 8/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chef Ed was really quick in responding to our emails, making the planning process easy for us. He was very prompt and concise with his replies. The guests really enjoyed the food and the serving staff were great! There was one big issue that we ran into in the days leading up to the wedding. Two days before the wedding we were informed that they would not be able to serve alcohol at our wedding. This forced us to scramble last minute to find a bartender for an additional fee which our coordinator was fortunately able to do. Our coordinator dealt with most of the day-of interactions so we cannot speak much to that. In the end everything worked out and our guests loved the food!

Profile Picture Peggy, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Server(s), Nut Free, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Local

My Husband & I are very thankful to Chef Ed Kuoha for his mastery in fine dining & cuisine. At all moments, he was an absolute professional, preparing a very special menu for our wedding at Kualoa Ranch's Mooli'i Garden on the island of O'ahu. Chef Ed first came to our apartment home in Waikiki & prepared for us a most delightful meal right before our very eyes. George & I had a great time getting to know him, learning about he has evolved in his craft, and how he came to start his own business as a Private Chef. Working with us to design a most excellent menu, Chef Ed & his team cooked up the most amazing meal for our Wedding guests, with choice of Filet Mignon & fresh Salmon. Everything was made to perfection, and each bite was an absolute joy. It was very nice to get to meet his family at the ceremony, as they were all helping to produce the most amazing experience in fine dining this side of the Pacific. His wife was so lovely, mastering the perfect pour for our celebratory champagne cheers! Much love, eternal thanks & Mahalo to Chef Ed for creating the most wonderful meal we could have ever imagined. Our guests will forever savor the sights, sounds, and tastes of Hawai'i when they think back on our Wedding. Aloha!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Very professional and the food was amazing! We organised our daughter's wedding from a different country and everything went smoothly, without a hitch. Can't thank Ed and his team enough for their wonderful asssitnace and delicious food.

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chef Ed was amazing to work with! I had my destination wedding on Oahu and was so happy to have Kuoha Culinary. Very responsive (which is nice considering I was planning everything from AZ). Flexible and easy to work with. Showed up on time and was professional. And the food was absolutely amazing (if I could give it 10 stars I would!!!!!) - we can't stop talking about how good it was!

Profile Picture Caroline, 5/31/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Local

Chef Ed was as professional as they come. Food was one of the highlights of wedding... And it was a really an amazing wedding from the beachfront venue to the lighting, and the food took our special moment to the next level. Jaw dropping and "I could live off of that bacon" were just some of the reviews our guests gave. Our menu was custom built based on a mash up of what we wanted, so customization is a part of what Chef Ed brings to the table.

He took care of a lot of last minute add-ons as well, which really helped us out as wedding planning can get rather stressful. Ed's quick email replies and can do attitude really made working with him amazing... If we have events in the future of this caliber we won't need to shop around. Kuoha culinary is gonna be the one stop shop... Able to work with budget and imagination to produce a culinary experience to remember.

Profile Picture John, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

If you are looking for a caterer, your search has ended. Call Ed immediately and pray that he can fit you into his busy schedule.

My wife and I were so very blessed to have Ed cater our wedding reception. We had a number of requests such as vegan options and kid-friendly foods that had stumped other catering services. Not so with Ed. He created the most amazing menu for us that had everyone at the reception smiling. A number of the vegans commented that it was the best meal they had ever eaten. Even our picky Chinese family and guests said it was the best food they had ever eaten at a wedding.

Aside from the food, Ed was a pleasure to work with. He conveyed the true meaning of Aloha with his easy going demeanor and willingness to accommodate our sometimes crazy requests. We can't wait to have another excuse for him to cook for us!

As I was typing this, my wife looked over and saw that I was doing a review for Ed. Her comment, "I"m so glad we got Ed!" If you are lucky enough to book Kuoha Culinary, you'll be glad you did, too.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The food and service was absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Casaundra , 5/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chef Ed is truly the best at what he does. He has awesome communication skills and was open to our ideas. He was very responsive and the food was delicious. Most of all, he worked around of budget and our guests were extremely satisfied with the quality of food. Thank you again Chef Ed for making our special day the most memorable day of our lives.

Profile Picture Valerie, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Ed responded very quickly to my inquiry for catering my destination wedding in Honolulu. I looked at other vendors and recognized that many of the local catering menus offered food traditionally served on the island. The customization Chef Ed allowed appealed to me. Although my then fiancé and I would be okay with traditional island fare, the 16 or so friends and family members attending our wedding from Louisiana would not be as open. Chef Ed allowed for menu customization based on cost per person. I wanted beef short ribs and corn with miso butter based on the reviews I read on other sites. Chef Ed suggested roasted pork and garlic cream mashed potatoes as additional options that would fit in my budget. I also had a salad to offset all the carbs. On my big day, Chef Ed arrived exactly as arranged and set up everything in the penthouse suite we rented. We did his "drop off" catering, and he provided everything needed. There were nice little touches like cards describing each item and the more formal looking disposable plates and utensils. The food was absolutely epic!! All our guests commented on how good everything was. To people from the New Orleans area, where food and flavor is a big part of our culture, making such an impression is a really hard thing to do. We had plenty of food left over as we ordered for 20 guests and some were children. I am sure the food could have served 20 men well. We invited our guests to come back for lunch the next day. Believe me, we had takers for our offer. The food was just as good reheated. My husband and I commented how we wished we could take Chef Ed home with us for more of his cooking. The whole process was easy. I did not have a wedding coordinator, so easy was key for me. I was able to put down a deposit and make two other payments which helped make it more affordable. You need to have Chef Ed and Kuoha Culinary in your life or you will be missing out. Take it from a New Orleans girl, you will be thanking me later.

Profile Picture Natalie, 3/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Where to even begin. Chef Ed and his amazing team were a powerhouse on our wedding day. Our special day was a destination wedding in Hawaii planned from Colorado sight unseen. We were putting a lot of blind faith into our vendors and venues. Chef Ed knocked it out of the park. We had a few guests (and myself) that had some dietary restrictions (Vegan, DF, GF, etc) and Chef Ed was so very accommodating. He made sure to design a menu that allowed us to eat almost all the courses and ensured any meal with restrictions were perfect/given to the right folks.

We had a plated dinner preceded by a few wonderful courses (appetizers, amuse bouche, salad) and the plating was beautiful. He wowed my guests with his skills and everyone raved about how everything tasted. On top of the marvelous meals, Chef Ed proved to be a pro. He was very responsive and extremely courteous via email. He put my groom and I at ease about our dinner/meal choices. We'd do more than just recommend Chef Ed and his team, we'd come again and again. Thanks to him! Xoxo

Profile Picture Lindsey, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Asian, French, Japanese, Local, Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Chef Ed and his team is extremely professional, responsive, talented, and kind :) He is a wonderful person and such a pleasure to work with. PLUS his food is incredible!!! His willingness to work with us to create a menu that matched our wedding style and budget made such a difference. Plus, I loved his absolute lack of pretension - he was always ready to help us with suggestions to cut cost on plate/silverware, cakes/desert, etc. I would hire him again in a heartbeat - and hope another occasion arises to do so :)

Profile Picture Melissa, 2/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chef Ed took such good care of us throughout this whole process. Not only did he and his team produce a creatively delicious menu (guests still haven't stopped talking about the Kabayaki Bacon appetizer), but Ed was always willing to take questions, offer advice, and help us come up with cost effective solutions. His personal touch was a huge blessing, and he handled our 70-person event with ease.
Everything ran smoothly 0n the wedding day, we all had a great time, and I wish I had a chance to enjoy that meal all over again. I certainly experienced the "WOW" factor. Thank you Kuoha Culinary!

Profile Picture Emily, 1/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Asian, Italian, Local, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s)