Kuipers Family Farm Reviews

17 | Maple Park, IL

17 Reviews for Kuipers Family Farm

El · Getting married on 12/05/2020

Kuipers: Every Detail was Covered!

Not only was this a beautiful place for my son and his wife to get married, but the staff (especially the hard work of Kathy and her crew) was amazing. If we even showed a glimpse of worry or tension during set-up, Kathy jumped right on it, proved that everything was handled, and made sure we were satisfied. TOP NOTCH! The day and evening went off without a hitch. Thanks to Kuipers for a memorable event.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Kuipers Family Farm's reply:

So lovely to hear that we could make it such a memorable event for you and your family. Thank you again for choosing our orchard to host your special day! Kim Kuipers
  • Megan

Megan Butler · Getting married on 11/28/2020

Beautiful Modern Rustic Venue

Kuipers Family Farm has been wonderful to work with so far. They have been extremely helpful, honest, and professional. I am so excited to get married there!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Kuipers Family Farm's reply:

Megan: thank you so much for the lovely review and kind words. We are so excited to help you make your event the day you've been dreaming of!
  • Melissa

Melissa Power · Married on 08/03/2018

Unique and perfect venue with amazing service

Kuipers was the most amazing wedding venue. I searched the Chicagoland area for a venue that would not only hold 250 people or more but be on a tighter budget. I was amazing with the venue at Kuipers. We were disappointed that they only had Friday dates available for us but it was so worth it. The venue from day 1 was so focused on what we wanted for our day and making the process as easy as possible. They were always understanding and flexible for EVERYTHING!!!! The food here was amazing as well. For someone who has attended an obscene amount of weddings with a very large family on both my side and my husbands we were sick of the typical reception. This venue was so much fun for everyone. There are so many different options to choose from and places for people to be. Each area is so unique. The day of planner Kathy, was the most amazing person to work with. I have never met a person who tried so incredibly hard to make sure every moment ran smoothly and went well. She thought of everything and took care of every single little detail I missed. The staff was truly amazing. We received so many compliments on the venue after our wedding on how amazing it looked and what a cool place it was. I would not have changed a thing!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Kuipers Family Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Melissa! We enjoyed helping to make your day a stand-out event for you and your guests and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Kim Kuipers

Dawn · Married on 07/20/2018

I cannot say enough great things about this place. The staff- Laura, Kathy & Ruthie were fantastic. They handled all of our concerns promptly. Laura responded to each and every E-mail quickly- made planning a breeze. The wedding was on 7/20/18 and it rained so we had to move the ceremony inside, they were great, helping us set up and giving us decorating ideas. The reception was BEAUTIFUL!!! The service was great, never an empty water glass, the food was delicious, the Donut Bar is a must have...people are still talking about it!! Restrooms were clean and the Bridal Suite is so close to the Hall making it super convenient. This was truly the most beautiful venue I have ever seen!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Tim · Married on 06/30/2018

My heart bursts when I think about our wedding day at Kuipers Family Farm on June 30, 2018. I was planning my wedding from Los Angeles and so I needed a venue that was going to be very responsive, flexible and reasonably priced. Kuipers was all that and more. They allowed us to have the property for the whole day which was very rare when looking at venues. We were the only wedding taking place at the property and the venue has everything you could need - didn't need any extra rentals. The venue is HUGE and our guests were able to play corn-hole, take a train ride around the property, sit by the fire pit, or dance in the barn. There was so much to do and see and the property is beyond beautiful so your pictures will be stunning (attached a few of mine but haven't gotten them all back yet). I really think our wedding is going to stick out in all of our guests' minds as one of the best weddings they have ever been to. The staff at Kuipers was super helpful and friendly - it was all so easy with them, which took a huge load off my shoulders. You will remember this day for the rest of your lives and Kuipers will make it perfect!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/18/2018

Kuipers Farm and the event team made our wedding day PERFECT. It was effortless. They helped us every step of the way, even with planning and the rehearsal. The venue is beyond beautiful. I felt like I got married at a private vineyard in napa valley. It was so private and quiet. You could dress the place up however you'd like, but if you did nothing, the place is perfect as is.

Sent on 06/18/2018
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 04/07/2018

From initial meeting to the end of the day of the wedding we had 100% satisfaction and amazing customer service!

We had looked at several places with our Daughter and Son in law before coming to Kuipers. While in the car after the initial meeting my Daughter said this it it! We agreed it was far more appealing then others we visited for the total ease at the meeting with no hard sell to the beautiful grounds. Up to the day of the wedding we were able to make certain changes without feeling we were annoying them. They made it clear it was our Daughters wedding and they truly wanted the best experience for their day. Kathy and the entire team were amazing keeping everything on schedule and keeping everyone happy. So many guests commented on what a wonderful place and event it was. I would recommend them 100%!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Kuipers Family Farm's reply:

Thank you so much Carolyn for the kind words and for choosing our family's orchard as the backdrop for your family's joyous celebration! Kim Kuipers

Robert · Married on 06/24/2017

Gorgeous venue and everyone was so helpful and amazing. Al was so amazing and made our day so so amazing.

Sent on 12/30/2017

BEAUTIFUL !!!! Al and his team were amazing to work with and VERY flexible on everything our kids asked for. If your looking for a beautiful venue, please take time and visit Kuipers !!

Sent on 12/02/2015
  • Athena

Athena · Married on 11/07/2015

So far so amazing! I have been working with Al since the engagement and Kuipers has been an absolute dream to work with, not to mention is a gorgeous venue. We are getting married in Virgil and will be having our reception at Kuipers. I am planning my wedding from Virginia and they have been so accommodating and helpful with the process and working with our budget. We did a tasting with Upper Crust Catering, who is their caterer at this venue and the food was phenomenal! Working with them has been a breeze and has made planning stress free from afar! I will follow up after the big day!

Sent on 01/10/2015

Cristina · Married on 08/14/2015

Beyond amazing!! My husband and I just had our wedding here on the 14th and it was beyond my dreams. the whole staff was perfect. I don't think I could ever thank Al enough for his patience with me and every crazy idea my imagination would come up with, he took the time and listened and always had great advice. The day of our wedding Maribel, Kathy, and of course Al were like fairy godparents, my wedding went so smooth and everyone had a great time. I can not wait to be able to bring my grandchildren to apple pick here in the future and tell them about how grandma and grandpa had there fairy tale wedding here!! Thank you so much to Al, Maribel, Kathy, the whole staff and the Kuiper family for opening their farm to our family and many others!!

Sent on 08/19/2015

I cannot say enough great things about working with Kuipers Farm for our wedding. Everything was perfect! I really enjoyed that they basically took care of everything for us. We didn't worry about the cake, food, plates, table, etc. We had so many compliments on our venue & location. Our guests loved that we had the farm to ourselves and that it wasn't just another banquet hall.

If you're thinking about booking your wedding there - just do it! You will not regret it! The team is amazing & I would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/12/2015

I got married in June at Kuipers Family Farm, and it was perfect! My husband and I love going to their apple orchard in the fall, and when we found out they are also a wedding venue, we knew it would be a great place to get married. Albert and Maribel, the event coordinators, are wonderful to work with. Throughout the process, they made sure every detail was taken care of and took away a lot of stress of wedding planning.
    The food was catered by Upper Crust Catering, and everything was amazing. We had pulled pork sandwiches, beef brisket, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, and coleslaw… it was all so delicious! At first I was hesitant about the buffet option but we decided to go with it to save on cost. I was very impressed with how well it was organized! They had two stations set up, and staff serving the food, so the lines moved very quickly and people didn’t wait long at all for their turn.
    For dessert, we chose the donut sundae bar option - apple cider donuts (fresh-baked!), caramel sauce, whipped cream, and other various toppings. Everyone loved the donut bar! They even had flavored syrups to go with coffee- many people commented on how that was a nice touch!
    I can’t rave enough about this venue and the staff- everyone was so friendly and accommodating. Truly a wonderful place to get married!! We have beautiful pictures and memories from our wedding that will last a lifetime :)

Sent on 07/16/2015

We just got married at Kuipers Family Farm and could not be happier!! The venue is absolutely gorgeous! We worked with Al prior to the day of the wedding where Cathy helped with the day of wedding details. They were so friendly, extremely accommodating, and very professional!! We loved everything about the day/night and highly recommend checking it out. The pictures are going to be stunning with the apple orchard in the background. We received so many compliments on the venue and can't wait until we can attend a wedding there as a guest.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Gail · Married on 11/18/2017

Kuipers Family Farm is one beautiful place to be married. Even though our wedding had a mini "hurricane" it was still lovely inside. Kathy and Al were so accommodating and were on top of their game the whole entire evening. It was truly magical and we will never forget it. We are also very happy to have picked Kuipers, because we can keep returning for years to come for apple picking, christmas trees, pumpkins, and more : ) Thank you for all the memories.

Sent on 06/05/2018

L · Married on 06/25/2016

We wish we could celebrate our daughter's wedding again! And we would definitely return to Kuiper's Family Farm.
    So many friends and family said it was the most fun and unique wedding they had attended.

The location and facilities were truly perfect-you get the feel of a rustic working farm but with the amenities of a more traditional setting ie. ac, bathrooms, sound system... that you have to truck in for other barn venues.
    The silo bar was a big hit and the bartenders do a great job of having cocktails ready to go on the terrace immediately after the ceremony.

Our only reason for less than a perfect score was there were a few problems with the food. However, Al Shelton, the manager, did his very best to rectify the situation. Al and Kathy are two of the hardest working people we've ever met and went above and beyond with their dedication to please us. You really don't have to worry about anything with them at the helm.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Lydia · Married on 05/25/2018

Overall we where happy

They did a great job. They did try charging me for extra people afterwards when they seen my seating chart, unfortunately a couple people cancelled before I gave them my final total. I also paid a little over because they confused me with the whole guest count thing when arranging my guest table. I had already given my final number, it should've never been questioned. Overall though I'd say the service was incredible, the venue was beautiful and everything else was perfect.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Kuipers Family Farm's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Lydia. We were honored to be able to host your special day! We understand that as the day approaches final guests counts can change frequently and we are sorry if that caused any confusion. So glad to hear you considered the other aspects 'perfect' and we thank you again for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day! Kim Kuipers & The Wedding Team