Kuhl Entertainment Reviews

147 | Madison, WI

147 Reviews for Kuhl Entertainment

Nicole · Getting married on 05/25/2019

We could not have picked a better DJ service! Ted was amazing! He was attentive to our requests and needs. Their set up and quality were more than we had anticipated. We were so very pleased and would highly recommend B KUHL ENTERTAINMENT for any event you may be having.

Thank you again Ted and Josh for making the most important day of our lives a huge success!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Kuhl Entertainment's reply:

Thank YOU for having us along for the ride! I still hear stories from Ted (nearly 4 months later) about how much fun he had with you and Shawn and the gang. Congratulations once again, Nicole!
  • I

Izzy · Married on 08/25/2018

We picked Kuhl Entertainment for our wedding based off of online reviews. I was a little nervous ahead of time because we didn't meet the DJ in person until the day of the wedding (we live out of state), but Patrick immediately put us at ease. He was super professional and played great tunes! We had a packed dance floor all night. One guest asked for the soundtrack played before the ceremony began because she enjoyed it so much. Patrick went above and beyond with a few details, like making sure the lighting was perfect around our whole reception. We recommend him and Kuhl Entertainment very highly!

Tierney · Married on 08/03/2018

We cannot say enough positive things about Amy as our DJ. She did a fantastic job from the initial consultation to the last song played at our wedding. She was so professional, caring and her passion for what she does really shined through in the service she provided. She took such great care of us the day of and checked in with us frequently to see if there was anything we needed, which was so helpful!! It was very apparent that her number one priority was to make sure that things went smoothly and that we were having fun and happy with the way the day was going. In addition to all of these qualities, her DJ skills were amazing!! We got so many compliments from our guests. You will not be disappointed if you choose Amy as your DJ.

Abe · Married on 07/14/2018

Kuhl was great to work with from the outset and Patrick was amazing at the wedding! Everyone had an amazing time and he kept the party going for all generations and tastes.

Jenny · Married on 11/12/2017

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with Kuhl Entertainment and specifically Amy as our DJ. We saw Amy in action at our friends’ wedding and we knew immediately that we wanted her for our wedding. We had several conversations with Amy before our wedding and she was very personable and asked great questions to make sure she understood who we are as a couple and what we wanted for our big deal. She exceeded expectations the day of. From the ceremony music to several games during the reception to the actual dance portion of the reception, Amy did an amazing job of keeping us aware of where we were for the schedule and what was planned next. She even asked us throughout the day how we were doing and if she could get us anything like a beverage - it was wonderful especially during pictures right after the ceremony! Even though our guests didn't dance a lot, Amy did a great job of keeping the mood lively and the fun going. We highly recommend Amy and Kuhl Entertainment!

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2017

We had Josh as the DJ for our wedding and he was the best. Very personable and responsive to all our requests.

Carissa · Married on 09/29/2017

Amy is hands down the best DJ in Madison! She made our wedding night absolutely perfect! Her efficiency, attention to detail and awesome personality was noticed by all of my guests who were sure to share their compliments with me and my husband. We are grateful for Amy and all of her hard work who organized way more than we thought was in her scope as a DJ. We will highly recommend her to many.

• W

William · Married on 09/16/2017

Professional, experienced, and straightforward. My wife and I had the pleasure of hiring Bill from Kuhl Entertainment for our recent wedding reception. During our introductory meetings before the event, Bill was easygoing, receptive to our preferences, and knowledgeable about the general structure of the evening. During the reception itself, Bill kept things on time, improvised to accommodate inevitable changes in schedule, and was in general a stabilizing presence during a hectic and wonderful night. We had multiple people comment afterwards on Bill's sense of humor and attention to detail. I would certainly recommend his services to friends and family!

Sonja · Married on 09/16/2017

Hiring Josh was honestly one of the best decisions out of all our wedding planning decisions. To say he was only a DJ would be a huge understatement. I don't know how we would have pulled off the whole event without him. He was cued into everything on the schedule, keeping events moving, making announcements for guests, announcing drinks, bringing drinks to the head table (wow!), announcing wedding party speeches... his multi-tasking ability was amazing - all by himself, he was able to deal with all technological issues, music, and the schedule, all while keeping guests entertained and aware of what was coming next. Possibly above all else - Josh is true to his branding - he is seriously so classy and brings a vibe to the party that I am positive no other DJs can match. I've quite often been disappointed or put off by other DJs as a wedding guest and out of all of the weddings I've attended, Josh definitely stands way above the rest. FINALLY - the reason most people think they hire a DJ is for the music. It was even better than I could ever imagine. There was never a dull moment with smooth transitions between songs and genres. I gave a few hints of what we liked, he actually played our guests requests, and he fit in some of my favorite songs as surprises towards the end of the night. I'll always remember dancing to those songs with my husband. Thank you SO MUCH, Josh and Kuhl entertainment. Oh, and so many of our guests were complimenting him and offering their praise during and after the wedding! I can't say enough good things ...

• ARudell

Anna · Married on 08/19/2017

We had Amy from Kuhl Entertainment as our DJ both for ceremony and reception. She was so professional, her equipment worked flawlessly, her service felt like we were her family, and above all, her musical taste was 100% on point. She took our suggestions for music and fleshed them out into the most epic playlists possible. She went above and beyond what I ever would have expected from our DJ. Even bringing bride and groom food and drinks. If we could have a wedding every weekend, we would hire her every time.

John · Married on 08/19/2017

There are simply no words that can describe the experience and the "feels" I got from DJ Amy at our wedding. She made us both feel like we were close friends. She made certain we were catered to at every moment of dinner and dancing; literally finding my wife and me on the dance floor to get a beverage order for us or to bring us food. Her music choices were everything we wanted. My wife and I, during dinner kept saying “oh my god, that’s one of my favorites”… all we did was briefly describe our tastes and she did the rest. It was fantastic and she delivered beyond any expectation that I ever had.
    Amy – thank you so much. It was incredible working with you and we appreciate everything you did to make our day beyond anything would could have imagined. You are incredible.

Rachel · Married on 08/05/2017

Brenden did an excellent job at our wedding. He gave us some thorough questionnaires that helped us explain what type of music we liked and did a fantastic job keeping everyone on the dance floor all night long. He also kept in constant contact with the staff at our venue and our photographer to make sure everything flowed smoothly.

Alex · Married on 08/05/2017

Amy did a great job. She took into consideration our themes and music tastes. She did a great job ensuring everything ran smoothly and she was great to work with. We highly recommend Kuhl Entertainment for all of your DJ needs!

Carley · Married on 07/05/2017

No Stress, Perfect Planning, Perfect Day! We used Brenden at our September 2016 Wedding. He was exceptional on every level! We loved his "vibe" when we first met with him. He know a TON about music, not just wedding music and was able to direct us down our planning path without imposing. He even did our off site ceremony sound & mics! Our venue, photographer, caterer and videographer also enjoyed working with him, which is a HUGE compliment.
    The best part about using Kuhl Entertainment is I did not worry a bit about them (and I am a bit of a control freak). The day of the wedding he added in enough personal touches to make our day special without being overdramatic. He also used his wit to engage the crowd. He had beautiful up lighting which added something special to our reception space.
    Most importantly was his professionalism. He covered everything we needed to and contacted us after the event to assure everything went well.

HIGLY RECCOMENDED!!

Katie · Married on 07/01/2017

Amy Twieg was our wedding DJ and we can't imagine having anyone else! She made our experience exciting, fun, and most importantly, stress-free. Amy was super organized and we had an hour-long conversation months before the wedding which made us feel confident for the day's events. She listened to our song ideas and created a set that perfectly reflected our taste. On top of everything, Amy was WAY more than just a DJ. She organized the flow of our reception from the grand march to the last call and kept everyone on their toes throughout the night. As icing on the cake, Amy knew our photographers and they jived really well together. We would HIGHLY recommend Amy as your wedding DJ!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Kuhl Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Katie! We're thrilled to hear that you had such a great time working with Amy. The fact that she was "Way more than just a DJ" to you means the world to us. The music is just one facet of our focus throughout our experience together, and we're glad that Amy was able to go above and beyond for you. Best wishes to you and Luke, and thank you so much for having us!

Parker · Married on 05/27/2017

I cannot say enough nice things about Amy and Kuhl Entertainment. We worked with Amy for our May 2017 wedding and it was a great experience. The process was not only painless but fun. We had initial meetings with Amy where we talked about our music tastes, then subsequent meetings we got into more specifics about songs that we wanted at the wedding, as well as the themes of the wedding, and also more about our lives and hobbies. It was super fun meeting with Amy every time and she asked some great questions for us, and got really excited and engaged with our wedding. She was clearly very invested in it, sending us songs she found, and she really understood what we wanted for our big day. One of the issues that my wife and I had was deciding on a song for our first dance. We had gone back and forth over about a dozen songs, and just weren't sure which one really fit for us. Amy suggested a song that was absolutely perfect, and we did use it as our first dance! Amy was also very helpful in coordinating other aspects of our wedding that we were unsure about logistically. All of the music she chose for the cocktail hour and during dinner was perfect. My wife and I had given her some themes we would like use, and she found the perfect mix of songs. Finally the music selections for the last half of the evening, the dancing, were perfect. The energy was kept at the perfect level and all of the songs that my wife and I absolutely wanted played were played at exactly the right times. Amy also made sure that songs or genres we didn't want played were not, even when a particularly unruly guest was requesting them. We continue to get comments from our other guests about how much fun they had at our wedding, and they always talk about the dancing. Amy was instrumental in getting the mood just right, and helping make our big day perfect!

Luma · Married on 12/10/2016

If you are looking for a professional, fun, and easy going DJ - Josh is your guy!!! From the first phone call to the actual event, Josh was so helpful during the entire wedding planning process. I was not expecting the DJ to help me with timelines, planning the reception and details of the night. Josh was very responsive and provided a complete timeline for our wedding, met us at La Concha Resort for a venue walk through, and was so professional. It really helps to have someone with a lot of experience and who is willing to be flexible to meet your style. Josh played various types of music during our wedding, from Brazilian to country, to old school hip hop. He listened to what we wanted and did exactly as asked. He also did an amazing job with lighting set up for our reception. We are so happy Josh was able to meet our budget and still provided the best service. Kuhl Entertainment is a must and don't even look at other options!

Meghan · Married on 08/20/2016

Brenden was a TRUE professional to work with in planning our August 2016 wedding entertainment. He struck the right balance between giving us the freedom to choose our own music, while delivering excellent suggestions when needed. From the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing - Brenden set an excellent tone for our big day and kept our guests on the dance floor up until the last song. I would not hesitate to hire Brenden again for any future event!

Melissa · Married on 07/02/2016

My husband and I were very pleased with our service from Kuhl Entertainment. We had Lane as our DJ and he was amazing! Since we live out of town, we communicated mostly through video conferencing and email, but it felt just as personal and professional as if we had met in person. He assisted us with choosing our most important music and was willing to purchase songs and versions that he did not have to please us. At the reception, he choose music that appealed to our guests and was able to keep people on the dance floor. Our guests commented on his fun demeanor and the great selection of music. My husband and I would recommend Lane and Kuhl entertainment to anyone who wants to create a fun and enjoyable atmosphere for their guests.

Mike · Married on 06/25/2016

After reading the reviews and checking out the website, we decided to make an appointment with Kuhl Entertainment. The paperwork was straight forward and painless. We met up with our DJ Amy one week before to go over the game plan. We just thought the reception was eating and then hitting the dance floor – thankfully we had Amy! She came up with a schedule and turned it into a wonderful evening. Amy had everything down: from lovely mood lighting, running the buffet line to getting everyone on the dance floor. We were given a heads-up before event announcements (entrance, cake cutting, first dance, etc.). Amy really took all the stress off us and made sure everyone had a great night (no matter how weird the song request were). Our guests had a great time, which is all that we could ask for. We even heard from our guests how great Amy was and had inquires on the name of the DJ service we were using too.

Thank you Amy and Kuhl Entertainment for taking our event to the next level! We highly recommend Kuhl Entertainment for your DJ needs!

Kara · Married on 05/27/2016

The BEST decision that you could ever make for your wedding! Josh was amazing, everyone at our wedding can't stop talking about how great he was! We received up-lighting with our package, we walked into the room and it was just amazing! He chose gold to play off of our wedding colors and it was perfect! All night long he kept everyone on the dance floor. Andrew and I had planned to do a send off before the reception was over but we skipped it because we didn't want to leave the dance floor! He made our night spectacular!

Ellie · Married on 05/21/2016

We had an amazing experience working with Josh, the owner of Kuhl Entertainment! We met with him initially and felt great about his understanding of our needs for the day. We booked 1.5 years in advance so we could have him as our DJ. During our final meeting, we felt great coming out of the conversation knowing he understood exactly what we were looking for. He provided our ceremony music which went smoothly. He had fun play list ideas for cocktail hour and dinner time - I chose a selection that was acoustic covers of pop songs, and I saw a ton of people singing along and had many people mentioned how much they liked it. At the reception, all of our 'must haves' were played and I got tons of compliments on how well he got people engaged on the dance floor. He kept things running throughout the night and was always checking in with us to make sure we were taken care of. I couldn't recommend him enough!

Amy did an awesome Job at our wedding! All of our guests had a fantastic time and we couldn't have asked for anything more. I would highly recommend Kuhl Entertainment for all of you DJ needs!

We searched around quite a bit for a great deal when it came to our DJ service. We even had a meeting with a different DJ (who was a little bit cheaper, but turned out to be nuts), before we came across Kuhl Entertainment. We had Josh Landowski as our DJ, and he did a wonderful job! He was an excellent MC, came hour early to set-up, and honored our goofy requests. Really nice guy, and great service from this company! This was exactly what we were looking for: a great, experienced DJ who wasn't too in your face. :)